PDA

View Full Version : gothic lolita is taking over X_X;

soshi
12-09-2002, 09:26 PM
X_X IT'S EVERYWHERE! even the current art up on mega tokyo has the evil chick in lolita-esq clothes.

so.. I wonder...

what do you all think of the gothic lolita style?

elegent gothic lolita/EGL/loli/whatever in Japan is based around the music scene - the people (ok, person. MANA. +_+) who brought it into the public (albeit underground) eye were goth/rock artists, and now it's branched into it's own fashion scene.

I think it's neat, but I personally like the artistocrat/vampire "elegent gothic aristocrat" style better. sure, no poofy skirts, but.. I don't look good in poofy skirts anyway. =P

Koumori
12-09-2002, 09:42 PM
It definitely isn't flattering to me - I'm just too damn old. :) Makes me look like an idiot.

soshi
12-09-2002, 09:53 PM
if it makes you feel any better, Mana's got to be aroud 40. *lol* but all those layers of makeup creat an ageless effect, blah. heh.

katchoo
12-09-2002, 09:54 PM
lol..i love it more for the victorian style look of dress. I have always loved that era and said I should have lived during that time because I love the outfits. So this gives me an opportunity to do that. And it's just CUTE!! hehe

Koumori
12-09-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by soshi
if it makes you feel any better, Mana's got to be aroud 40. *lol* but all those layers of makeup creat an ageless effect, blah. heh.

Bah. Professional lighting and makeup create an ageless effect. And I haven't been able to find a professional lighting tech willing to follow me around with a full rig yet, or a professional makeup artist who wants to do my face every morning. ;)

By the way, who's that in your avatar, Soshi?

aeva
12-09-2002, 10:37 PM
I love the gothic lolita style - if I had the courage to wear that every day, as well as the talent and funing to make all of the clothes like that, I most definately would. I love the detail in the outifts, as well as the cuts or te skirts/necks/sleeves and whatnot. ...and poofy skirts are a wonderful thing.

soshi
12-09-2002, 11:18 PM
Bah. Professional lighting and makeup create an ageless effect.

lol, and airbrushing. thank GOD for airbrushing!

Klaha. ^_^ he's Malice Mizer's third/last/ex/whatever vocalist, and just released a mellow pop-ish solo album that's very cute. those pics are from the album, that I haven't scanned in yet..

shameless plug!

http://klaha.knock-turn.net <~ my shrine to him. ^^

aeva
12-09-2002, 11:19 PM
*-* Klaha pretty. ::swoon::

Koumori
12-09-2002, 11:29 PM

Airbrushing and Photoshop. Thank god for both of them. At the very least I can erase my damn chipmunk cheeks... now if I could only do something about my nose. ;)

Huh. Never seen Klaha looking normal before. He's kind of pretty.

And at least pretending to be on topic, I did wear an EGL dress to AnimeFest.. but I had my blue bangs in at the time and people kept asking me if I was supposed to be Mana. ("No. I like to talk. A lot.")

soshi
12-09-2002, 11:34 PM
*-* Klaha pretty. ::swoon::

Klaha is very pretty. but Klaha's voice is pretty to. *nudge nudge* lol.

people kept asking me if I was supposed to be Mana

the best thing to do then is say your [imaginary name] from [imaginary band] and see how many people say "oh I LOVE them!" LOL~ because they will. ^^; *has had that happen many, many times*

Lilli
12-10-2002, 01:20 AM
._. Koumori, you know how to erase chipmunk cheeks? Sweet. *has to get you to teach her that, LOL*

Bah. I love the look of gothic and lolita fashion. (Still, for the record; 'I'm not gothic, I'm just pale...' ) When I learned about the Gothic and Lolita Bibles, I was like, "*-*" but I'm aware of the fact that I'm quite likely to look rather foolish in a big floofy gothic lolita dress dripping with lace and bows. Ah well. One day I'll make one any darn way :3

katrinastrife
12-10-2002, 03:26 AM
^_^ EGL is soooo spiffy! I really want to get into it, not just for anime cons, but for partying or whatever. I like weird fashions.

I wanna wear EGL in the US, because it's NOT mainstream, and people won't be like "I bet you got that at Hot Topic", like people usually say to me... o_o I just wish that it weren't so much trouble to do the make up stuff... not that I actually HAVE yet... X_X nyuu

Koumori
12-10-2002, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Lilli
._. Koumori, you know how to erase chipmunk cheeks? Sweet. *has to get you to teach her that, LOL*

The Airbrush tool, man. It's your friend. :)

Bah. I love the look of gothic and lolita fashion. (Still, for the record; 'I'm not gothic, I'm just pale...' ) When I learned about the Gothic and Lolita Bibles, I was like, "*-*" but I'm aware of the fact that I'm quite likely to look rather foolish in a big floofy gothic lolita dress dripping with lace and bows. Ah well. One day I'll make one any darn way :3

Same here. I do have all of the Bibles, and some magazines as well, but my attempts to recreate the look on myself have not been cute. They've just been rather sad. :)

Chosuke
12-10-2002, 08:04 AM
I love dressing up like a EGL for parties and different occasions!

I only started recently but its alot of fun and I have a seamstress aunt who does that sort of work for me for free! ^^; Mainly because she want's her little freak niece as a sort of walking advertisement I think.
I also like the GL culture because its my chance to feel pretty or cute,my one chance to feel like a girly ^^;

Dahlia
12-10-2002, 08:36 AM
http://klaha.knock-turn.net[/url] <~ my shrine to him. ^^

ah so that's why your avatar looked so darn familiar. ^o^ my sis preordered his solo album and from what I gather it should be here any day now. so you liked what you've heard thus far?

Dahlia
12-10-2002, 08:42 AM
and now to actually respond to this topic *cough* I've made at least one resembling something Kana wore, not out of the GL bibles though. Then this blue one w/ sheer sleeves with ribbons and bell cuffs, daisies put along the bottom which I sprayed a french blue to match the dress and leg warmers. After I was done I tried it on and just frowned in the mirror. That style is just not me, so I sold it. ^_^o I plan on doing something a bit darker w/ buckles and stuff when I actually have time. *falls over* too many cossies for cons right now.

soshi
12-10-2002, 12:44 PM
ah so that's why your avatar looked so darn familiar. ^o^ my sis preordered his solo album and from what I gather it should be here any day now. so you liked what you've heard thus far?

if she ordered from jpophelp don't expect it for another good week or two ~ I ordered from them and when they didn't reply to my emails and phone calls, my mother used her l33t lawyers skills and contacted them about net fraud, and they sputtered on about how they're and out-of-the-garage buisness and the stuff they get goes from Japan to Canada and then to us, and there's nothing they can do to speed up the process, and so their orders usually take up to three weeks to fill. there's nothing that can be done, as we can't MAKE them put a notice on their site, but still >______< I'm never ordering from THEM again. ><;;

ANYWAY...

I do like what I hear. ^^ it's not *spectacular*, but it is very good. from what I understand, Klaha wrote all the music on the album himself - something he hasn't done before (he usually only writes lyrics). it's obvious he's never done it before ~ and so I look forward to him growing in this and getting better.

soshi
12-10-2002, 12:52 PM
*cough* aaand right back on topic...

I too collect the Gothic Lolita Bibles, partially for the fashion, and partially for the photography. (as soon as my I get a digital camera or fix my scanner, I want LOLI MODELS! *stalks cosplayers*) but I look rediculous wearing all that stuff.. *lol*

katchoo
12-10-2002, 02:03 PM
lol... I love the GL Bibles. I love seeing the variances to the victorian like clothing. I have even used the patterns. Can't wait to have more time to devote to sewing more clothes.

mistresschimera
12-10-2002, 02:35 PM
I love the EGL look..it's very pretty, but I would bet it would be a pain in the ass to wear all the time. I have this Lolita headpiece that I absolutly adore, but I have no where to wear it except occational goth night at clubs. >_<

mughi3
12-11-2002, 06:38 AM
love the gothic lolita look. got to see it in person in harujuku.
excellent high end goth. better than the trashy american goth i have to see here.
:D

HuongStar
12-11-2002, 12:50 PM
Haha, well the goths over in the States aren't label-whore "store-bought" goths like the ones you see in Harajuku. Not many in the State-side goth scene have $600+ to spend on Vivienne Westwood shoes and one-off dresses that cost upwards of $200-$300.

Besides, the really good EGLs are small in number and it's a fairly inbred group that swaps clothes between each other. They wear this stuff once or twice and resell it in order to get money for the latest digs. *shrugs* You see nice goths over here too but they just don't have a place like Harajuku, Shibuya. and Yoyogi Park to wander around in costume. ^_^

soshi
12-11-2002, 01:38 PM
well said, well said.

Dahlia
12-13-2002, 12:52 AM
*cough* aaand right back on topic...

I too collect the Gothic Lolita Bibles, partially for the fashion, and partially for the photography. (as soon as my I get a digital camera or fix my scanner, I want LOLI MODELS! *stalks cosplayers*) but I look rediculous wearing all that stuff.. *lol*

oooh if ya need models I'd gladly do it for ya. um...nothing foo foo here though, maybe the darker goth style or more masculine ones. ^_^o have a grand photo shoot. Just picked up the most recent GLB in NY and going back this weekend so maybe I'll find some back issues I don't have.

Love Meeko
01-01-2003, 04:12 AM
*waves hand* I love EGL!!!

If I had the time and money, I'd wear EGL outfits everyday... but my short hair limits the possibilities unless I wear a wig, sadly. ;oP ((unless I go punk-style lolita and spike my hair... but yes, then it looks like I'm a hot topic chick... and I really don't like most of the stuff in hot topic because the quality is cheap compared to the nicer EGL and punk merchandice I saw in Harajuku and Shinjuku))

Actually, the EGL style is to look 'dollie like' but more just 'childish' with pink cheeks. You don't really need to cake on the make up... Light foundation/powder, pink blush, and enhance your lashes does the job ((and of course, a kiddie hair style like curls or pigtails with ribbons)).

I really admire the aristocrat styles aswell and would like to make a coat of which was like the one I saw at Mana's shop in Shinjuku. The real one was something around 40000 yen... ;oO ((cuts off arm and leg)) Shit.

BTW, even before I had seen Gothic and Lolita fashions, I also was really into Victorian styles, especially architecture. ;oD

In Pasadena, there is a street off of the 110 with several victorian homes set up as a museum. I'm planning to go over there one day and take EGL pictures infront. It will be really awesome! Perhaps even use black and white film too. The homes are really awesome... I drove by once and see them all the time from the freeway.

mughi3
01-01-2003, 05:50 AM
Love Meeko

we want to see these pics when you get them done
;)

Kyou
01-01-2003, 11:21 AM
I've been around too many people with a Gothic Lolita style even here in KC. Personally I prefer a nice Rivet or Punk look on a girl, someone with some edge but I guess nothing is really bad with the style itself - just the people I've been meeting. ^_^

Dahlia
01-01-2003, 01:11 PM
yesh love meeko u must show us those pics when u finally get them done. black and white gives such a dramatic effect. ^o^

MikigamiTokiya
01-01-2003, 02:02 PM
Mana is cool in it and all but I'd never wear it and it's not really something you'd want to wear in public or to school because it would get damaged and dirty waaaayy too easy

Himemiya
01-01-2003, 03:26 PM
I loooooove egl style *_* I'd like to make my own EGL-style clothing to wear *_* I make headpieces, they're fun too ^^
the one down side is that I have no goth-loli friends, so no one knows what I'm doing in some black poofy ribbon-y outfit x.x

Koumori
01-01-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Kyou
I've been around too many people with a Gothic Lolita style even here in KC. Personally I prefer a nice Rivet or Punk look on a girl, someone with some edge but I guess nothing is really bad with the style itself - just the people I've been meeting. ^_^

Depends on the girl. It's certainly not a new style - I'd been seeing it in goth clubs for years before I became aware of the trend in Japan - but it just doesn't work for everyone.

Cyber Wolf
01-04-2003, 05:53 PM

Klaha. ^_^ he's Malice Mizer's third/last/ex/whatever vocalist, and just released a mellow pop-ish solo album that's very cute. those pics are from the album, that I haven't scanned in yet..

shameless plug!

http://klaha.knock-turn.net <~ my shrine to him. ^^

Gaw! I vistied your site weeks ago and I loved it but lost the link. Thanks for putting it up, and that game thingie where they give Klaha stuff, hilarious. I love Klaha! He's better that Gackt IMHO. *nod, nod*

I like the whole EGL style but I don't think I'd have the patience to wear that all the time. Cause everybody always asks..

"Are you goth????" So annoying; stop trying to categorize me!

DancingVampire
01-05-2003, 07:09 AM
I was mall trolling the other day and in express I found this lolita skirt on the rack its was 50 precent of thank god because if it wasnt I was ready draw all of my savings out of my wallet to buy it any way I wore it the next day to a show and it was like wearing a costume O.0 I was so hot and heavy I've worn lolita tops and head pieced before bt always with pants because I havent had time to bother with skirts but I'll ake sure to wear it with colder weather next time

Haruka
01-08-2003, 05:21 PM
I really love the Gothic Lolita look! I love the mixture of cute and dark ^_^and i want to try some costumes for myself ....but im just not too particularly fond of the music -_-;; hehe i dunno, the back ground music and the beginings of the songs sound really cool...but then they start singing, i dunno, maybe i havent heard the better stuff. I do want to give it another try..so could someone please recomend a good song to redeem my opion of J-rock *sweats*

Cyber Wolf
01-08-2003, 08:19 PM
"Beast of Blood" by Malice Mizer. That was the first J-rock song and video I heard and I was dumbfounded @_o. Hope you like it too. Oh yeah, "FILTH" by Dir en Grey and "Purple Sky" by Pierrot are good too ^^

Mei Lan Chang
01-10-2003, 06:31 PM
Thbbbt. Koumori is so self pickity. We all know she looks great.

And just because I love to stir things, I will mention where the term Lolita cam from in case anyone didn't know. It was first a novel by Vladimir Vladimirovich Nabokov, a Russian author who wrote Lolita as intellectual and high controversial story about a middle aged man with an obsession with little girls between age nine and fourteen. Lolita was the name of a 12 year old girl the main character focused in on, and eventually slept with. Now there is much more to the story, but that's a quick explanation for the term "Lolita".

soshi
01-10-2003, 07:02 PM
I really love the Gothic Lolita look! I love the mixture of cute and dark ^_^and i want to try some costumes for myself ....but im just not too particularly fond of the music -_-;; hehe i dunno, the back ground music and the beginings of the songs sound really cool...but then they start singing, i dunno, maybe i havent heard the better stuff. I do want to give it another try..so could someone please recomend a good song to redeem my opion of J-rock *sweats*

I'm confused. Gothic Lolita isn't the name of a band, it's a fashion style that originated in the Japanese visual kei scene.

if you mean jrock in general you don't like.. you probably haven't listened to very much. it's an extremely wide spectrum of music, just like rock in America.

what sort of music do you listen to normally? and what jrock band(s) did you hear that you didn't like?

Koumori
01-10-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Mei Lan Chang

Bah. You haven't seen me without the airbrushing. Oh, wait, I guess you have in my costume-less pic. Okay, so you're just sweet.

ToshiyaMizukori
09-16-2003, 07:19 PM
I love dressing up like a EGL for parties and different occasions!

I only started recently but its alot of fun and I have a seamstress aunt who does that sort of work for me for free! ^^; Mainly because she want's her little freak niece as a sort of walking advertisement I think.
I also like the GL culture because its my chance to feel pretty or cute,my one chance to feel like a girly ^^;

Oh I agree I also feel that it's the only time I can feel cute or pretty ^^;.

The Gothic Lolita fashion isn't that big in my area, I get made fun of for wearing it ;_;... but um yeah I like the G&L fashions that are more on the lolita side I suppose, ^^; That's just me.

Hitori
09-16-2003, 11:33 PM
I love the look of egl soo much, but it's not really for mi. Well, the lolita part anyways. On miself, I adore ega and the *really* elegant gothic dresses. I'm such a nerd^_^ I wear a lot of ega inspired, but toned down, clothes a lot. I would wear it non-toned down, but I don't have enough money.

Natsume
09-17-2003, 01:21 AM
I would love to do the more regal outfits, but I seriously look like a little kid (I'm 17 for the record, I look younger), so EGL works.
Actually, today I told a friend what I was working on (my EGL costume), and she goes "You?! In a frilly dress with ribbons and bows?!". Yeah, normally I wouldn't be caught dead in anything frilly.
But, this should be fun. My costume isn't complete yet, but it'll be cute!
I'm still stuck with hair though. I think I'll have to get a wig, because my hair is really short. =\
Oh well.

Railiens
09-17-2003, 01:34 AM
What Koumori said right off the bat is what I agree with. Some people can make gothic lolita look awesome. I however, am not one of them... me in a black bonnet? I'm not so sure about that.

The Japanese pull it off best, in my opinion. Only they could make crosses and black ruffles looks so damn cute.

Padme Skywalker
09-17-2003, 04:15 AM
Hmmm....why do I like GL style...Well because I love the goth style...but only in the lolita light of it...As said before...I never dress this girly so heres my chance to be outta character. Plus I love looking like a Living Dead doll....Lol!
But only some times...I dont have that much patience either.

Vialoi Ketsueke
09-17-2003, 10:02 AM
Heh. You know there is too much Gothic Lolita when you see something like this

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=70532&password=&sort=1&cat=4850&page=1

Of course, I am making a joke. I adore almost all gothic type of clothing.

x.x I actually did my lolita as a joke,because that character would never wear lolita clothing. The doll yes, but not the skirt.

megumibish
09-17-2003, 11:13 AM
I love the style myself and since I'm young looking for my age I can pull it off to an extent. I agree with chobrat since I'm usually very ungirly and to me wearing EGL is like dress up time. dang I still keep forgetting I need to make a petticoat.

Shintsu
09-17-2003, 12:41 PM
I like the vampire/aristocrat style, too. I think, 'cause it isn't so gaudy witht he lace and what not.. Usually, i like half lolita stuff. As in, once I can get around to making/buying a skirt, I'll probably go around wearing t-shirts with it or something. (but stylized t-shirts! ^^)
lol..so I'm not a big fan of, say, Baby the Stars Shine Bright, but I do like h.NATO, Putumayo, and Black Peace Now.
and so~o on! Any other fav. brands??

DJ(SiC)ness
09-17-2003, 09:32 PM
ahhh gothic lolita

as a huge mana fan (moi dix mois kicks ass) how could i not have a special place in my heart for EGL. Tho as a guy all i can be is a on looker ^_^. But still i like what i see. I love the style it is simply beautiful and so nice on the eyes.

Vialoi Ketsueke
09-18-2003, 08:37 AM

And just because I love to stir things, I will mention where the term Lolita cam from in case anyone didn't know. It was first a novel by Vladimir Vladimirovich Nabokov, a Russian author who wrote Lolita as intellectual and high controversial story about a middle aged man with an obsession with little girls between age nine and fourteen. Lolita was the name of a 12 year old girl the main character focused in on, and eventually slept with. Now there is much more to the story, but that's a quick explanation for the term "Lolita".

A russian novel? *___* And of such content. I have to read it. Thanks for providing such information. How did you find out about it? If you don't mind my asking..

Hitori
09-18-2003, 10:06 AM
Tho as a guy all i can be is a on looker ^_^. But still i like what i see. I love the style it is simply beautiful and so nice on the eyes.

What? You can do it too!
If you don't like skirts... (wraps her mind around this as she knows many guys who like skirts...) There's always EGA^_^

DJ(SiC)ness
09-18-2003, 07:01 PM
hehe
I can't really pill off the whole skirt thing trust me ^_^

Im not a small frame asian guy...it just wouldn't work.
But of course i know there is outfits for guys...but the girls are just so Kawaii @_@.

Decibella
09-27-2003, 03:59 AM
I simply adore the whole Look! And boys are Supposed to be in the Dresses and Skirts! That's the whole point, since the japanese girls are emulating a style trend popularized and perpetuated by male rockstars...If i can make it work as a six foot Elegant Gothic Lolita (6'7 in heels) so can you!

KIL78
09-27-2003, 04:10 AM
I could never dress in that style( I would probably trip on the dress) though I do find it attractive on some people. I'm just more Psycobilly in dress.

Velvy
09-27-2003, 04:44 AM
EGL is very very spiffy. :bigtu:

I prefer FRUiTS-esque clothes (which includes all types of Harajuku fashion), but I love EGL. Petticoats and headpieces, and stockings, and lace. All you need is a wicker table, tea and some petit fours. *^_^*

Dawn
09-27-2003, 10:49 AM
Vialoi Ketsueke - that's awesome. I commend you LOL

I love the EGL fashion, personally-- I'm in EGL clothes every other day lol

LunarYoma
10-01-2003, 03:05 AM
I have always loved Elizabethen style clothing. I love it even more with a gothic touch to it. My prom suit was patterned from that style but with a gothic touch to it.

I discovered the Gothic Lolita look about a year ago. I just love all the clothing styles, but Im to old for it.

This year i just did my first crossplay(pic is in my gallery) & it was fun. I dont have any skills with makeup so i made my own mask patterned after a picture of a kabuki mask i located on the net.

If the stuff i ordered arrives at my house before halloween, I will be dressing up from head to toe in a gothic style clothing with a touch of fetish added in.

Dont got any place where i live that sells what i am looking for. Plus i cant sew very well, so i find what i want on the net & get it.

If i do well this halloween, i will continue on crossplaying in Elizabethen gothic style.

noruki chobi
10-09-2003, 10:42 AM
dude, i would so love to dress like that. if only i could get some...there so cool!
so instead i sit around drawing costumes.
::sigh::

BayushiKachiko
10-09-2003, 05:29 PM
:: Does a happy dance because someone FINALLY mentioned the actual novel where the term Lolita came from:: Huzzah for intellect!

Clueless Case
10-09-2003, 06:49 PM
I love EGL. I would wear it everyday if it wasn't so hot to wear. CURSE YOU SUNNY WEATHER!!!! I saw the oddest thing. I went to hot topic today to buy some cute ribbon knee-highs(ne who) I saw this shirt with an EGL girl with some cheesy sayin.....wahh..........*cough*Gackt is best*cough*

RoxyDirKaoru
10-10-2003, 07:18 AM
I absolutely love the EGL look. I love those dark colored clothes, my favorite colors are dark purple and black. That's why I like the EGL. And because I'm a big fan of Mana! He is so cute! I have a picture of him when he smiles beleve it or not. THAT is really kawaii!!!

BloodDragonW
10-10-2003, 07:52 PM
I love EGL/EGA, the dresses are ::Drools:: The only thing is most of the stuff is WAY outta my pricing range ~_~;; I would be awesome if i got big in america ::Wants to see some Moi meme moities appering in NYC::

Kirschwasser
10-14-2003, 12:22 PM
I love the Elegant Gothic Lolita style (mostly because I adore the Victorian Era). I can't wait to get started on my 1st EGL dress (it's just going to be the standard-issue black & white, but it's going to be so cute!). Hopefully I can get it done by Halloween, but I highly doubt it. :p It's insipred after the BTSSB & Metamorphose dresses, but at the same time, it's half my own design. (Does that make sense?) After that, I'll work on my own original designed EGL outfit (for AX2004) probably in late December or early January.
My favourite EGL designer is Baby The Stars Shine Bright. ^__^ I agree with you, BloodDragonW, that it would be great if the style got big in the U.S., but I doubt it, because a lot of the people like the near-naked look. Yeah, the outfits are expensive, but...that's why I'll be making them! (It's cheaper to buy all the materials). The only thing that will be hard is that it will be very time-consuming.

catklysm
12-14-2004, 02:07 PM
While the term lolita did originally come from the book, it's evolved to mean something different. They really pick up on french in the gothic & lolita community, and a slang word for cute girl (not slutty or with older men or any of those connotations from the book, just cute innocent girl). I'm fairly sure this is why it's in the term for the style, since it really isn't sexualized (while some people interpret it that way, it's not meant that way).

The clothes are so expensive because of the expensive lace and fabric. Not to mention the brands there don't use sweatshop labor, unlike so many of the brands here. I approve of their prices, and completely understand them. However, as I do not have the funds to buy my things from them, I make my own clothes. Still, it can be very expensive (ack! the trim is especially a killer, unless you use cheap synthetic lace, which tends to look bad).

I love gothic & lolita so much... the clothes and the lifestyle really appeal to me. A sort of innocence with wisdom sort of thing. I already drank tons of tea, listened to a lot of music and liked to bake and sew anyways.

I actually am very involved with the loli community and dress loli, or with loli touches everyday. I need to make a new petticoat though, as I have worn mine hundreds of times now, and it's kind of dying on me >_<.

Guys should dress is the style too! It's not just about crossdressing, in the Gothic & Lolita Bibles you see guys in very masculine elegant victorian-inspired sort of wear, and neo-goth (all ripped up, futuristic kind of stuff) wear.

lemoned
12-14-2004, 03:11 PM
you just revived a thread thats at least 2 years old. ^^;;;;;;

Biscuit
12-14-2004, 05:52 PM
you just revived a thread thats at least 2 years old. ^^;;;;;;

yeah....that is against the rules you know, to revive a long dead thread.......and its kind of annoying........good point Lemoned

Miggi
12-14-2004, 06:54 PM
Whats wrong with reviving a long dead thread? I commend you catklysm! ::salute::

Michilo
12-14-2004, 07:46 PM
Gothic Lolita is taking over? Um...Inuyasha is taking over...Yuna cosplayers are taking over..I mean, it's just a type of cosplay that I for one think is awsome. Maybe it's just hit a height of popularity? There's nothing wrong with that, I don't think.

AndoMasanobu
12-14-2004, 07:57 PM
i love dead threads! and i dont know why its a problem as long as people are interesting ^.~ but i dont like egl all so much, im more into EGA (the none vampire frill kind) and j-rock fashion like H.naoto, Milk boy, Putumayo, ID Japan, and sex pot.

Michilo - i totally agree

lemoned
12-14-2004, 08:01 PM
Gothic Lolita is taking over? Um...Inuyasha is taking over...Yuna cosplayers are taking over..I mean, it's just a type of cosplay that I for one think is awsome. Maybe it's just hit a height of popularity? There's nothing wrong with that, I don't think.

This died at least a year ago so it doesn't matter if theres 38983hwsadjsajdguaHGSUD million loli girls at a con. O_O C'mon guys, quit posting. @__@

15. Thread Rezzing - Please do not ressurect old threads unless you have something important to add to them. Thread rezzing is defined as responding to a thread that has been inactive for a long time (usually months). While there is nothing stopping you from adding something important to an old thread, we'd like to avoid, for example, threads from 2002 suddenly popping up with replies like "yeah same here!" and suddenly being reborn in the forums. Actions like this can be confusing to other members when a huge inactive thread suddenly appears again, not to mention it's considered by many people as bad forum etiquette.

That was taken from the rules. So.. please stop.

Michilo
12-14-2004, 08:30 PM
Lol...right....no more posting, I wouldn't have re posted if I had thought it bad form, so my mistake..ok..no more.

Miggi
12-14-2004, 08:43 PM
Oh lemoned you're no fun =(

lemoned
12-14-2004, 09:02 PM
I'm sorry? X_x;;; Start a new thread?

Miggi
12-15-2004, 01:54 AM
Oh I cant stay mad at you lemoned, you stick french fries up your nose ^_^

Susumari
12-15-2004, 11:03 AM
yea, i'm like hearing it everywhere. and that's all that people want to cosplay now

catklysm
12-15-2004, 02:53 PM
Actually, I did have something to add to the thread (which was from 2003 the last response, not 2002, which would mean two years ago, so in fact it's a little over 1 year). My response certainly wasn't along the lines of "yeah, same here!". On that note, I was not outrightly violating any rules, and please do not accuse me of doing so. I didn't realize how old the thread was, I just did a search to see if there were any threads about gothic & lolita before I bothered starting one, as it's a major interest of mine, and I saw this one, and responded without reading the year, sorry for doing so. I guess I should just start a new thread, even though this one is now active again. After reading the responses I wasn't going to post again, but decided to put up my last point sort of thing. Now I suppose the thread will go quiet again, and go far back into the boards again, and people will be happy and such.

AndoMasanobu
12-15-2004, 11:59 PM
well, i enjoyed everything you had to say catklysm if thats any consulation ^ ^ so your post was not in vein. im sorry you had to be sculded for a simple mistake.

angellover02171
12-16-2004, 04:39 AM
Bah. Professional lighting and makeup create an ageless effect. And I haven't been able to find a professional lighting tech willing to follow me around with a full rig yet, or a professional makeup artist who wants to do my face every morning. ;)

if you use the right light at the right time of day. you can get great pic. haveing good skin helps alot, but so does dermableand make-up.

catklysm
12-16-2004, 09:41 AM
Thank you AndoMasanobu and Meggi ^_^.

*shuts up now actually ^_^;;*

Aquamarinekitty
12-18-2004, 07:29 PM
I love EGL and the whole style to it. I have attempted (both failed and succeded) in creating my own outifts based on EGL. And until I can get my petite (Spelling? Name correct?) coat to poof up my skirt back from my grandma it is difficult. One time I wore my own EGL outfit to school and everyone said we got a new student who was a 'zombie', asked if I was going to a funeral, and made fun of me. I just smiled and said 'I like what I wear. I do not critize you. You shouldn't critize me.' Our Lunch lady also sent me to the office to be sent home for my outfit. >.< I hate how ignorant people can be if you are different. Okay. Enough ranting.

Karisu-sama
12-18-2004, 07:56 PM
Go find a newer thread, guys. This one is pretty dead, and I don't see that anything terribly groundbreaking got added to it. EGL has had another whole year to evolve since this thread was last posted in in 2003. Answering people who aren't tracking this thread anymore isn't going to get to them.

FYI - EGL threads now live in the "Other Costumes" forum.