View Full Version : HELP-Sailor Fuku Pattern!!
Xx Lulu xX
12-09-2002, 08:41 PM
HELP ME PLEASE! Does anybody have a pattern, or a link to a pattern website, cuz i dont have the money to buy one....somebody please help me with tips on how to make a fuku. PLEASE!
12-09-2002, 08:59 PM
Umm...I made one when I was a child....here's what I made it out of...
1. White Leotard
2. I cut double thickness sailor flaps from scraps of red fabric....(yes I was sailor mars....a while back)
3. Rolled some white fabric and sewed until I came to the edges...where it looks like a tube...and stuffed it with batting then sewed the entire thing shut.
4. I bent the center to create the "V" shape..and sewed it to the leotard.
5. I took some more red fabric and made no very strong pleats but yea....and sewed it to the bottom of the "V" shape that I created with the white fabric...
6. for the bow you can either go to the swapmeet or a jewelry store that sells hair items, or a christmas store a buy a big red bow with the twisty thingie on them or just make it your self using spare or bought fabric.
7. The button was a huge pin that no one used so I painted it purple and stuck it on there!
8. use the same method as step 4 but instead of a "V" shape do more of a "O" shape so that it will fit your arm correctly.
9.and the little sailor lines on the flap...use white thick ribbon.
10. Tadda! You have a Fuku..for all other parts....ummm...can't help you! Sawwreee....
Hope this helps...btw my fuku I ended up outgrowning so since I was a kid I threw it out....oh well....^,^()
12-10-2002, 12:39 PM
I'm assuming you mean a senshi fuku, and not the school fuku?? o.O Both are sailor fuku and it can get a little confusing...
Unless you can find the McCall's halloween pattern on ebay, the closest is a figure skating pattern-- I forget which company-- might be Butterick, maybe Simplicity. The collar is, for the most part, a rectangle with a tall triangle at each end, on the long side (to wrap around the neck).
Mine are modified from the McCalls pattern, with a leotard. I really like the way they did the bows. It's kinda hard to describe, but they're tubes of fabric sewn to make the loops permanent.
The rest should be easy to figure out.
Xx Lulu xX
12-11-2002, 03:37 PM
Thank you all so much!