PDA

View Full Version : Going to AZ 05!! Any ideas??

Koneko_San
08-10-2004, 03:47 PM
I went to AZ 04 on Friday, and loved it! I can't wait to go again! I'm already saving money and stuff to go to AZ 05. I don't think I've ever been so excited about anything before.

I'm hopeing to go as Misao from Rurouni Kenshin on Friday, and Ouka from .hack//Legends on Saturday. ..Is anyone else planning costumes and such this early on other then me..? Maybe a group for the cosplay contest on Saturday arrangements? That'd be awesome..

Yush, it's sorda like my birthday party thing since my birthday is on the 29th. ^_^ Ah... The joyous gathering of mass carolina otaku.. :thumbsup:

Katu Fushigi
08-10-2004, 04:27 PM
The few and the proud! :D

I'd love to help you, but I've already planned on doing Yuffie from FF7, and bringing my Miroku and Ed costumes. (Ed from Cowboy Bebop)

Finding Beauty
08-11-2004, 12:52 AM
I am already planning my costumes. One of them is in progress, the other I already have material for -- Blindfolded Unknown from Kingdom Hearts, and Mibu Oriya from Yami no Matsuei. Lord only knows if I'll change my mind yet again before the con; I hope already having the material will give me some solidity.

Archelon
08-11-2004, 01:08 AM
I'm planning my costumes as well. Well, I guess technically it's just one costume right now, because I wear a lot of my costumes over and over. However, the costume I will be doing for AZ '05 is Sorata from X/1999. In fact, I'm trying to set up an X/1999 photoshoot.

Inamichan
08-11-2004, 02:31 AM
I've got my costume planning started. :) Basically, the only one I'm bringing is one that I couldn't finish for Otakon this year, heh. ^^; Actually, I hope to be in the artist's alley this year! So costuming wouldn't be quite as fun. :X

RHIshida
08-11-2004, 04:00 PM
I know exactly which costumes I'm going to debut for Animazement. I'm going to be bringing all my costumes from Nekocon, such as Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time and Kuroki Kaze, but I have a secret in store for Animazement 05. Look forward to it. ^_^

Kilayi
08-11-2004, 05:29 PM
I am wanting to do a big group with all of my buddies, but wouldnt mind if anyone wanted to join.... but the thing is that we can't find one series that everyone doesn't mind...

So, I was planning on being Cesia from Dragon Knights, and maybe Kaoru from Kenshin, since all I'd have to do would be to pull my hair up :P, and of course the Soviette costume a friend and I have going...

EDIT: Plus whatever the group decides >_<

Koneko_San
08-11-2004, 09:15 PM
^__^ Otaku!! I have a hard time finding any in my area..

So many people.. There were a lot of cool costumes on Friday, and even more on Saturday I got to see later on thanks to the many con sites.

However! I've already started specs on my Misao and Ouka costume.. Lots of elastic and velcro(sp?) for Ouka. *Laughs* But hey, it'll be fun. It's good to know I'm not the only this excited already.. after all, there's only 41 weeks or so until AZ 05! ^^; The Misao costume looks like it'll be fun and confortable to wear. Not sure as far as comfortable goes for the Ouka one, but she looks like a fun character to cosplay as.

There were a few Rurouni Kenshin people there before.. I wnoder if any will come back.. Maybe next year my picture will end up on some random cosplay site. ^_^; If my costume didn't look so bad this year, it might have been up on one. *Laughs* I got like.. two pictures of me taken.

Did anyone see the people dressed as Pocky?! That was so cool! ery creative.. 'course there were many other really cool stuff there. ^_^

Ahem.. 'scuse my ranting.. I'm just overly happy tonight.

AnimesChild65
08-12-2004, 01:24 PM
Im planning my costumes..I already have a Sango costume, andI have a dress in mind for my Sweet Gothic Lolita Alice...hehehe, I LOVE ANIMAZMENT!

E.Rak
08-14-2004, 01:14 PM
Our plans for Animazement 2005 cosplay is all very hush-hush, top secret.. Shhh! But if everything goes as planned, it should be very interesting.. :)

Koneko_San
08-14-2004, 02:14 PM
Ah cool.. I've seen a lot of people being all 'hush hush' about their convention plans. ^_^ It'll be great. I'm pretty sure I'll stick with the two costumes I'm planning on doing, but who knows if another idea comes to mind before I begin working on them. There was creative stuff there before.

Yet.. even though I've been hit with one tropical depression, and two hurricanes in the past week or so, I'm alive and well. *Cackle*

GreatSG
08-15-2004, 01:02 AM
I've got an idea or two on costumes I want to try, although i'm keeping them underwraps cause if I do go through it and with some of my friends helping, it'll be a great gag costume for 05. :bigtu:

Lovelyangel_81
08-15-2004, 10:42 AM
I hope to make it next year. As far as cosplay plans, I have a lot of ideas floating around my mind.

Koneko_San
08-15-2004, 04:44 PM
I thought of doing a gag costume.. XD That'd be fun, but I'm not sure what I'd do. Me and my cousin were also talking about giving pocky and other Japanese candy to cosplayers we like.

Toastersix
08-17-2004, 06:52 PM
I'm planning my costumes as well. Well, I guess technically it's just one costume right now, because I wear a lot of my costumes over and over. However, the costume I will be doing for AZ '05 is Sorata from X/1999. In fact, I'm trying to set up an X/1999 photoshoot.

Hmm. That being the case, maybe I'll pull Arashi out again. I was Arashi at Otakon. ^_^

This'll be my first AZ... which is strange since I live in South Carolina. xD (But I regularly attend the cons up north for some reason. o.0; )

Archelon
08-17-2004, 08:07 PM
You should bring your Arashi. The more the merrier.

tekla
08-26-2004, 01:30 PM
:raises hand: I'll be there donning my first "finished" costume. Bah! I can't wait..
:falls over:

QuickSilver
08-26-2004, 06:17 PM
Hoping to have all three done *points to banner* to take next year, which depending on the Halloween store's stock, shouldn't be a problem. Hell, I'm already completely finished with one.

...Excited? Me? Nahh... ^_~

Lady Karmina
09-01-2004, 02:40 PM
*pokes the few people she knows who are on this topic and moves on*

I'm ATTEMPTING to convince my friends to do a Paradise Kiss group with me. -_-;; not going too well, since a certain few guys *shifts eyes towards them* have decided that they'd rather not be George, Arashi, Hiro.. etc...
It's going to be hell and back getting one to agree to go as Isabella (drag queen) XD

Even if I don't get anyone else to go with me, I'm hitchin' up my poofy dress and goin' it alone *nod nod*.

So there.

Kilayi
09-01-2004, 05:32 PM
I would love to be in a Para Kiss group... but those outfits are so darn... complicated which =expensive! .... at least to one who doesn't have much money ~_~.... I may try to go as Miwako... I'll know later on in the year if I decide to do it ^^;;

Lady Karmina
09-01-2004, 07:25 PM
I just got an Isabella to go.. and a bunch of people want to be Miwako o_o;;
And it's up in the air about dragging some guys to be George and Arashi *laughs*.

Actually there's some outfits they wear that aren't TOO complicated, thank god.
Mine are ^_^;;