PDA

View Full Version : Yaoicon 2004 Cosplay Gatherings List

Eurobeat King
08-11-2004, 04:02 AM
Hey everyone,

Since Yaoicon will now be in it's 4th year, I figured why not be like other conventions and have cosplay gatherings?? This is your chance to form a big gathering of cosplayers from your favorite bishonen anime like Saiyuki, Gravitation, Prince of Tennis, Shaman King, X, Gundam Wing & Gundam Seed, Fruits Basket, Yami no Matsuei, Hikaru no Go, Full Metal Alchemist, Ruroni Kenshin, Naruto, Get Backers, InuYasha, Initial D, Boku no Sexual Harrassment, etc. and not to mention other stuff like video-games (Final Fantasy), J-rock (Gackt, Larc, Psycho Le Cemu, etc.) and other (Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings) So this thread will be to let you decide on a gathering, and inform people about what day/time/place to meet up if they want to be a part in the gathering. How it works is simple: If you'd like to have a gathering on a specific day/time, please reply here with the anime/video-game/j-rock group you'd like to form, the day (Friday-Sunday), and time (10am-6pm) you'd like to have it. I shall update this first post as often as I can to post changes or additions that cosplayers have until the week of Yaoicon.

NOTE: I can update the list for everyone as needed, but come the convention please remember I'm not the one in charge of gathering the cosplayers together. If you are the ones interested in forming the gathering, come the convention it'll be your responsibility to gather up your respective cosplayers for the photoshoot. Example: Prince of Tennis, main lobby of the Westin, Saturday, 1pm. Please have someone in charge to be at the designated meeting area, so they can gather other POT members there to add to their numbers.) If I'm there, I'll ask to gather everyone up eventually (when they're all assembled) for a big photoshoot, but please, if you're going to request a gathering time, make sure you follow through and organize it by the time Yaoicon is here. ALSO, if you miss a gathering on one day, and want to have another gathering on another day (like Sunday) let me know and I can post that too, but hopefully we all can agree on a good time and day so that everyone can participate. :)

With that in mind, please let me know which anime/video-game/j-rock/misc-yaoi group you'd like to form, and include the day, time, and location (I'll scope out the Westin also sometime this month to get a better idea of where are good places to do gatherings:

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 29TH (I'll be there in the afternoon, so since pre-reg. doesn't start until the late-afternoon/evening) there can still be gatherings after 5 or 6pm.

Guilty Gear XX: 6:00pm Westin Lobby
King of Fighters: 7:00pm Westin Lobby
GGXX/KOF Swimwear: 8:00pm Westin Pool-side

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 30TH

Gundam (Wing, Seed, G, etc.) Time: 11:00am Location: Westin Lobby
Yu-Gi-Oh: Time: 11:00am (before Yugioh Yaoi panel) Location: By chesnut panel room
FAKE: Time: 12:00pm Location: Picnic Hill
Prince of Tennis: Time: 12:30pm Location: Picnic Hill
Harry Potter: Time: 2:00pm Location: Picnic Hill
Prince of Tennis (Reprise) Time: 3:15pm Location: Westin Lobby
Final Fantasy: Time: 4:00pm Location: The Bridge
Initial D: Time: 5:00pm Location: Westin Lobby
Gravitation: Time: 5:00pm Location: In front of hotel registration

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 31ST

Yami no Matsuei: Time: 11:00am Location: Westin Lobby
Naruto: Time: 2:00pm Location: Picnic Hill

jetspectacular
08-11-2004, 04:52 AM
hmm... I dunno, I think it'd be cool to be more simple like instead of separate Naruto/One Piece/Shaman King/Hikago/Tenipuri you group it into "Shounen Jump"

like.. .separate by publisher..
Jump, BBoy/BBC, GanGan/Enix, Sony, Dear+, Hanayume, and then the various videogame publishers O.o?

but maybe that'll cause more confusion >__>

I just wanna request a "Peacemaker Kurogane" gathering and a "BL game" gathering both on Friday evening like.. 5pm? :3 dun know about places... but i'm open for anything I think.

Eurobeat King
08-11-2004, 10:40 AM
jetS: Naruto is almost always a HUGE gathering of cosplayers that I've seen at every convention I go to, and OnePiece also, so if you try to make a "Shonen Jump" gathering, that'll confuse a lot of people, so it's best to just make gathering by anime title, not by the production/publisher company.. Later tonight I'll add your Peacemaker Kurogame to the Friday-night list. What's "BL game"? Please determine the time you want for both, since you wish to be a part of both, you can't have them at the same time, naturally.

UPDATE: I've added JetS's Peacemaker Kurogame gathering, with the time & location TBD.

I've also added 2 gatherings for Saturday, Gundam WING and Initial D, since I'll be cosplaying a character from those series, and so I'll be participating in the group gathering (not necc. organizing them.) So if anyone wants to cosplay Gundam Wing with me on Saturday, let's decide on a time to meet up. I'll be either Endless Waltz Mariemaya Trowa or Wu Fei for the gathering. If someone wants to do an overall Gundam gathering (Wing, Seed, G, original, and others) in one, let me know.

Eveil
08-13-2004, 12:04 AM
though Wing is the majority of the yaoi fandom and not much of the other series, I think it'd be better to put all teh gundam series into one gathering.
12pm on saturday seems good for that and Initial D maybe like...an hour before the masquerade. hahaha.
and Yu-Gi-Oh gathering on Saturday at 4pm.
I'll work on the PoT one.

Eurobeat King
08-13-2004, 01:21 AM
Hildec: I've added your Yu-Gi-Oh gathering, and changed the Gundam gathering to a Gundam all-star gathering to include Wing, Seed, G, and original.

jetspectacular
08-31-2004, 05:22 AM
Oops, forgot to say x.X "BL game" is well, for best comparison, Hentai games for girls. If there's ever going to be BL cosplay it'd be at ycon, that's for sure... but the games aren't all that popular yet in the states (still kinda underground, the way fansubs were waaay back when) and there are many so it'd be best not to do gatherings by specific games.. though haha, itd be a cross over binge XD I know someone mentioned cosplaying Silver Chaos, I bet there will be at least one SukiSho person cosplaying (in honor of the anime, just announced) and I know I'm doing an Enzai cos, but I doubt there'll be more..

^.^'' forget putting "BL games" gathering on the list, unless you have tons of extra spots anyway.

Schuldig
09-09-2004, 11:09 AM
Ame-chan and I want to do a Harry Potter gathering most likely saturday, I don't care what time, how about 2 pm or 3 pm?

We'll be in our different HP costumes all weekend, so it doesn't matter what day.

Zania
09-09-2004, 02:46 PM
I'll be in my Gundam Wing costume on Saturday and my Harry Potter costume on Friday. Looking forward to seeing ya'll there!

razor_01
09-19-2004, 02:38 AM
Since Halloween falls on that day, how about Yami no Matsuei on Sunday (or will everyone be busy preparing to leave)? I'll leave the task of gathering time designation to the rest of YnM cosplayers.

Shinsengumi
09-19-2004, 02:51 AM
I might not be there on the gathering on friday for the Peacemaker Kurogane.

felicity869
10-01-2004, 06:43 PM
Ame-chan and I want to do a Harry Potter gathering most likely saturday, I don't care what time, how about 2 pm or 3 pm?

We'll be in our different HP costumes all weekend, so it doesn't matter what day.

My boyfriend and I will be there on Saturday in our Harry Potter costumes. I'll try to check back here before then to find out if an actual hp gathering was organized.

videogamefanboy
10-04-2004, 05:20 AM
I will be Chipp Zanuff, Joe and hopefully I can pull Kensou from kof 2002.

liddo-chan
10-07-2004, 12:18 PM

Saturday sounds good. Can we just set a time now, so people can plan around it? I vote for 2PM.

jetspectacular
10-07-2004, 06:48 PM
Mr.Al-person, I don't think the PMK one will be all that big.. but lets keep it posted anyway (though i've dropped myself from it as well)

For sure though, we need a KOF/Capcom one, hopefully *not* the same time and day as a Guilty Gear one... i think one sexy fighting franchise per day is good.

Exchange KoF for PMK @ 5pm Friday and it'll all make perfect sense, ne? x.x

zell_dincht
10-08-2004, 12:03 AM
Al!!! Can you put down FF Gathering for Saturday? I'm not exactly sure what time it'll go down yet, but as soon as I get more info, I'll let ya know! Thanks! ^_^

Schuldig
10-08-2004, 08:05 AM
2 Pm for the Harry Potter gathering sounds perfect. My GF and I will be in Lucius and Snape (unless someone would rather see us in our Remus x Sirius).

I've never been to Cali, so should we play it safe and say 2 pm in the lobby?

Jopko
10-08-2004, 06:58 PM
ok I might be able to come...I don't quite know yet but if I do I'm throwing together a female verison of Quatre....so I'll join the Gundam group.

ACXchan
10-09-2004, 11:43 PM
Regarding the KoF and GG gatherings, I vote same day but different times, like maybe KoF in the afternoon and GG at night or vice versa XD Also we'd like to have a FAKE gathering on Saturday at 12pm, it may get pushed back to 11am but for now noon will be a FAKE slot. Don't know about location yet... someone should go up there and check out the place LOL @D@

Eurobeat King
10-10-2004, 12:05 AM
ACXchan: I've added your FAKE cosplay gathering to the list. :) Next weekend, I'll be going over to the Westin to look around, and take a few pictures of the hotel, from the inside and outside, and look for some nice places to do photoshoots and do gatherings. Then I'll post them in the Yaoi-con 2004 gallery, so that people can see what the hotel looks like, and decide from the pics where you'd like to have the gatherings for your cosplay groups. :)

jetspectacular
10-10-2004, 12:49 AM
going over to the Westin to look around, and take a few pictures of the hotel, from the inside and outside, and look for some nice places to do photoshoots and do gatherings. Then I'll post them in the Yaoi-con 2004 gallery, so that people can see what the hotel looks like,

oho, Doumo, gratzie, gracias, salamat, etc

Eurobeat King
10-13-2004, 04:32 PM
Hey everyone,

With about 2 weeks to go, I just wanted to remind everyone that if they're planning on creating a gathering of a particular anime/video-game/J-rock, to please decide on a place & time soon. As I said, this weekend I'll be going to the Westin and taking pictures of the hotel on the inside and outside, so to give everyone an idea of where you'd like to have the gathering. Please post here on THIS thread the finalized time & place of your gathering, and I'll add it to the 1st post. The last date to post gatherings will be Wednesday, October 27th, so whoever's in charge of their specific gathering(s) please let me know by that evening. Example: I've been asked to participate in the Prince of Tennis gathering, so whoever is organizing that please post here ASAP when you plan to do that gathering.

Thanks, and see you all in 2 weeks! :skidude2:

Eurobeat King
10-16-2004, 04:14 PM
Hey everyone,

As promised, I did my homework and scoped out the Westin hotel and the area around it, and took some pictures inside & outside the hotel. You can view them all here:

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=10712&userid=18

Here's a description of possible places for cosplay gatherings, so please reply here on this post now that you have an idea of where you'd like to meet up for your group:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=218546 Here's the LOBBY once you enter the hotel entrance. (Not the doors you see in the background, btw.. those lead to the back of the hotel, where guest parking is.) The lobby is pretty spacious, so this is a good place to meet people.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=218547 This is the area IN FRONT OF REGISTRATION To the left (of the picture) is the hotel registration, and the area that you see with the wavy-windows and the small staircase is an eating area. There are a lot of tables & chairs, so I'm sure y-con attendees will be chilling there to relax and read their con schedules, yaoi-dojinshi, or set up laptops to watch anime. Not a good place for gatherings, but mainly to sit and congregate.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=218544 This is the FRONT OF HOTEL FOUNTAIN There's a little space here for gatherings, on either side, but you have to be aware of all the cars that drive around there all day.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=218549 This is the CORNERED AREA that's to the LEFT of the hotel before you enter through the front entrance. There's a lot of space here for large gatherings, so it's the photographers that need to keep an eye out for cars passing by.. hehe :thumbsup:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=218550
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=218551 This is the PICNIC HILL that's to the RIGHT of the hotel before you enter through the front entrance. Just follow a little path, and you'll see the hill that has the lone picnic-bench, and this area is good for big gatherings.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=218552 This is the PATH ACROSS STREET overlooking the ocean, and this is a good place for gatherings, but you'd have to walk across the front of the hotel and then cross the street to get here. Not far, but good for outdoor photoshoots with nice background.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=218553
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=218554 This is the BRIDGE that's across the street and to the right on the path. The 2nd picture shows that it's not too far from the Westin, but about a 2-3 minute walk. Close to the bridge is an area for PARKING, but it's mainly for people who want to stop and overlook the ocean. The maximum time-limit for parking in this small lot is 2 hours.

Sooo, these pictures should give you an idea of where you might like to have a cosplay gathering for your favorite series. Please post here to let me know which gathering you plan to have, and name the day/time/location so I may update the 1st post for the gatherings. See you in 2 weeks!!

Eveil
10-16-2004, 04:45 PM
Al: hmmm..I'll say that PoT gathering would be best in that picnic area on saturday with a TBD time. Also a good place for the Initial D one (in the early afternoon?) since you'll have your FC.

Eurobeat King
10-16-2004, 04:59 PM
Hilde: OK, I put the Harry Potter location to be at the Picnic Hill, so all that's left for HP is the time. I also set the Gundam gathering to be in the Westin lobby, at noon on Saturday. For the Initial D gathering, since I think I may be the only one (with a car), I set it for 5:00pm, again inside the hotel lobby, since it'll start to get dark there and that's when the lights on the car will shine brighter.. ;) I'll be "drifting" all over the hotel anyway, so I won't be centered in that area for too long.

JetS: Do you still want me to make the gathering for KOF/GGX on Friday at 5:00pm? How many in your gathering will be there by that time?

Eveil
10-16-2004, 05:12 PM
Al: The Prince of Tennis one, not HP XD silly~
hmm, night sounds better for ID now that you put it that way :D

Eurobeat King
10-16-2004, 07:34 PM
Hilde: I must've been tired after the trip out there today not to notice that you said POT, instead of HP.. :thumbsup: OK, so I updated the list by adding POT sometime on Saturday at the Picnic Hill.

There were a couple of meetings/groups going on today at the Westin, so I could only go so far into the hotel, so I'm glad I was able to take some pics to give everyone a taste of what to expect in 2 weeks.. ;)

ACXchan
10-16-2004, 10:33 PM
Thank you so much Al ^ ^! Those pictures are a big help, I'm particularly fond of the lone picnic bench and the path towards the ocean. The bridge might be cool too. The picnic area and path seem best for Yami no Matsuei and FAKE. I'm thinking that corner area and the fountain for KoF and GG. We'll see XD!

Psychotic Jei
10-17-2004, 02:07 PM
Thank you so much Al ^ ^! Those pictures are a big help, I'm particularly fond of the lone picnic bench and the path towards the ocean. The bridge might be cool too. The picnic area and path seem best for Yami no Matsuei and FAKE. I'm thinking that corner area and the fountain for KoF and GG. We'll see XD!

The gatherings are gonna be a little later in the evening. Is the lighting gonna work for that corner at 6/7 pm?

Eurobeat King
10-17-2004, 05:35 PM
Psychotic Jei: Which gathering(s) were you planning to have later in the afternoon/evening? I know that weekend it'll be dark early (like 5pm) but if you want to have a gathering during that time or later, you still can. If there's not as much light over in the corner, I can use my fill-flash to make the area bright for pictures, so it's up to you to determine what time your gathering(s) will be, and where to have it. Please keep me posted. :)

SohjiroX
10-18-2004, 04:30 PM
I would like to note that GGXX and KOF gathering will be held on Friday in the Afternoon, times are being looked into right now. But from what I can tell, its around 545pm for GGXX
645pm for KOF
and a possible Swim wear gathering of the two around 8pm in the indoor pool, but that has yet to be discussed.

Eurobeat King
10-18-2004, 08:59 PM
Sohjiro: I'll put 6pm (I don't like the :45 timeslot, so I'll just round it up) for the GGX, and 7pm for KOF. Please tell me where these gatherings are to meet up at (select a location from the list of choices mentioned above) so I can put it there so that people will know where to go. Also, I'll put 8pm for the GGXX/KOF SwimWear gathering by the pool for now, and it's up to you or whoever's in charge to keep me posted here if it's still happening.

Schuldig
10-19-2004, 08:28 AM
Harry Potter gathering.... Saturday, 2 pm at that picnic table/hill area looks cool, if that's cool with everyone else ^_^

felicity869
10-20-2004, 11:13 AM
Harry Potter gathering.... Saturday, 2 pm at that picnic table/hill area looks cool, if that's cool with everyone else ^_^

That works perfect for me.

Schuldig
10-21-2004, 02:33 PM
anyone willing to do Yugioh on friday maybe? or a different time than four? The cosplay prejudge is at 4 on saturday if I'm not mistaken

Psychotic Jei
10-22-2004, 12:40 PM
Yugioh gather yes. Okay..about that. It should be moved up. ^^; I was thinking 11am. (Which is right before the Yugioh panel) right next to the panel location which is the chesnut room. Because I want to wear Kaiba to that panel. :D

SohjiroX
10-22-2004, 05:36 PM
Sohjiro: I'll put 6pm (I don't like the :45 timeslot, so I'll just round it up) for the GGX, and 7pm for KOF. Please tell me where these gatherings are to meet up at (select a location from the list of choices mentioned above) so I can put it there so that people will know where to go. Also, I'll put 8pm for the GGXX/KOF SwimWear gathering by the pool for now, and it's up to you or whoever's in charge to keep me posted here if it's still happening.

No sweat, I'll have you the official times and set place on Monday since that will be the deadline on voting for places and times. Thanks for the help on the gathering times Eurobeat King.

Schuldig
10-23-2004, 06:31 AM
I'm hosting the Weiss panel and it's at noon, there's no way I'd make it to Yugioh and then still have time to change into Schu all in less than an hour :( I might just skip Yugioh

Eurobeat King
10-23-2004, 06:40 PM
I changed the Gundam gathering for 11:00am instead of noon, since I had to move the Prince of Tennis gathering up to 12:30pm instead of 1:00pm. Hope this is OK for everyone (who reads this) who is planning to cosplay from a Gundam series (Seed, Wing, original, etc.)

Psychotic Jei
10-24-2004, 10:08 PM
okay.

Gravitation gathering. Saturday @ 5pm (Next to the wavey windows. whatever you want to call that.)

Yugioh gathering Saturday@11am before Yugioh Yaoi panel ( By chesnut panel room)

ACXchan
10-24-2004, 11:46 PM
Mini update, Al, let's place the FAKE gathering at the Picnic Hill location. Since this con is small we'll probably meet up a little earlier in the lobby or something but eventually we'd like to move to Picnic Hill.... unless it's damp from the weather in which case we'll switch to the lobby or something X3

edit: Schuldig, when and where is your Weiss panel? I checked the Yaoi Con schedule but I don't see you listed, otherwise us Schwarz might join the rest of you there X3

Schuldig
10-25-2004, 08:18 AM
It's on the second floor in the Cypress room at 12. It's called "Happy Hour with Schuldig"

SohjiroX
10-25-2004, 04:13 PM
The Bridge: I see that as a KOF gathering area.

Path Across street: That looks like a good GGXX gathering spot.

In front of Reg: If anything this would be a good double gathering for both KOF and GGXX.

Thats the times and places for all this, and its for Friday.

ACXchan
10-25-2004, 06:58 PM
Hey Al, a few of us YamiMatsu cosplayers have agreed on Sunday 11am for a YamiMatsu gathering with the location set for the Westin Lobby (with hopes of moving to Picnic Hill and even that bridge by the bay). I saw another thread started here about a YamiMatsu gathering but since it hasn't been added to this list yet I thought I'd mention the SUnday morning one ^ ^; We can always have two XD

Eurobeat King
10-25-2004, 09:54 PM
ACX: I've added your YnM gathering at 11:00am on Sunday. I'll still be taking pics on that day, so I'll see you all at your gathering for (at least) at the lobby.

Sohjiro: Keep in mind that come this weekend it'll be DARK by 6:30-7:00pm, even though we don't gain an hour until Saturday evening. So I don't know if the path across the street or the bridge will have any lights around it, and if it IS dark out there, it'll be bad for pictures. I haven't seen the interior of the Westin when it is at night, so perhaps you can find somewhere in the hotel that's lit properly for the gathering.

jetspectacular
10-26-2004, 01:25 AM
erm.. i think you can scratch the Peacemaker Kurogane one at 5pm friday, open the slot for another group..??

Eurobeat King
10-26-2004, 02:27 AM
JetS: OK, I removed the PK gathering at 5pm per request.

ACXchan
10-26-2004, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the updates Al ^ ^! Wagh, just three more days XD!!!

Eveil
10-26-2004, 08:32 PM
yey~ is it too late to add in a Naruto gathering at 2pm on Sunday at Picnice Hill?

Eurobeat King
10-26-2004, 10:02 PM
HildeC: I added the Naruto gathering for 2pm on Sunday at the Picnic Hill. :)

I'll keep updating the gatherings list until Thursday night (10/28/04) around midnight, so if you have any new gatherings, changes, or cancellations, please post here before midnight on Thursday. After that, I won't go online again until Friday evening to post pictures, so try to have all your gathering dates, times, and locations finalized by Thursday night. Also, I know that there are other seperate threads for specific anime cosplay groups, but since this one is the main one for the listing, please post HERE so I can update the list. I may not read the other ones or miss a time-change, so let me know in this thread so I can update anything all the way til Thursday.

See you all in 3 days!! :skidude2:

Psychotic Jei
10-27-2004, 05:35 PM
Maybe someone should also post the list on one of the Y-con messagebaord/LJ/Yahoo groups..?

Not volunteering. :B Just a suggestion.

Youko_Kurama
10-28-2004, 02:55 AM
I would like a Yu Yu Hakusho gathering and an InuYasha one too. Do not care what time, as long as they were not on Friday. I have to take pictures on friday. And I do not care where.

Eveil
10-28-2004, 03:08 AM
I would like a Yu Yu Hakusho gathering and an InuYasha one too. Do not care what time, as long as they were not on Friday. I have to take pictures on friday. And I do not care where.

Uhh, it would help a lot of you had specifics ^^;; Else it's difficult to put onto a set list.

Eurobeat King
10-28-2004, 03:19 AM
YoukoKurama: I'll gladly add the Inu-Yasha and YuYuHakusho gatherings to the list, provided you tell me the day, time, and location for these gatherings. I'm not about to select a specific spot and time without seeing if there's anyone else who's going to cosplay as IY or YYH, especially with the con being just one day away. I'm just the one who updates the gatherings' list; I'm not the one in charge of deciding the info for the gatherings (unless it's one that I myself am participating in or running) as that is not my responsibility. Everyone else who has posted here has politely asked if I could add to the list a new gathering with the FINALIZED times for their gathering(s.) You want to do an IY and YYH gathering? Fine. Then start a new thread in the forums and ask if anyone else is interested, else you take form the gathering yourself and you decide the time, day, and location for them. Oh, and you have until today (Thursday) at midnight to reply here with all the neccesary info before I stop updating the list..

liddo-chan
10-28-2004, 11:53 AM
hey Al, could you set the FF gathering for Sat. at 4PM, at the bridge? thanks, and see you there :)

BSaphire
10-28-2004, 12:15 PM
:bigtu: Thanks Euro King for providing this thread. I wanted to ask you and the other cosplayers if I could join in and photograph?. I would really appreciate it. :)

I will be there on Saturday only though. If I can change my responsibilities I would love to stay for Sunday also *sigh..sniffle... :waaaah: I don't want to miss the Naruto group.. they have been so much fun to photograph too...sniffle* but I don't want to show up where I'm not wanted so please let me know.. I will be checking this thread for the last time by 11pm Friday night... If it is ok with you and or your group please post a reply or email me.

(:eeek: side note to cosplayers I photographed* sorry about some of my pics being washed out, my putter was down and I used someone elses. The monitor made everything dark so I thought the pics were dark and I washed them out. I saved originals to disk and they are ok though)

THANXS Everyone :wave:

Eveil
10-28-2004, 01:31 PM
BSaphire: You're more than welcome to come! ^^

Eurobeat King
10-28-2004, 09:24 PM
LiddoC: I've added the FF gathering to take place at 4:00pm on Saturday at the bridge. For those of you who don't know how to get there, just go across the street to the mini-pathway that overlooks the ocean, and make a right. You'll reach the bridge in a few minutes. I'll try to be there to take pictures of everyone there, but then I have to rush back to the hotel to get my Initial D car ready, but if your FF group meets at 4:00pm on the dot, that should give me enough time to take pics and do my next costume. :)

liddo-chan
10-29-2004, 12:25 AM
LiddoC: I've added the FF gathering to take place at 4:00pm on Saturday at the bridge... I'll try to be there to take pictures of everyone there, but then I have to rush back to the hotel to get my Initial D car ready, but if your FF group meets at 4:00pm on the dot, that should give me enough time to take pics and do my next costume. :)

Hear that, FF folks? Please be there right at 4PM so we can have Al take some pictures. The King is a busy man! ;)

I've never seen the Initial D car in person--looking foward to it...

Eurobeat King
10-29-2004, 02:15 AM
UPDATE: Since I may not have time to go online tomorrow before heading out to the con, the list for the cosplay gatherings at Yaoicon has been closed and finalized. For your own records and help to find the gathering(s) that you're in or want to see, please print out the list so you'll know when and where to go. :)

For any gatherings that are not on the list, you can still hope members will see the other posts/threads for these other gatherings until the con comes, or else: go to the con and post messages on the bulliten board (if there is one), or if you see cosplayers doing characters from a series you plan to do, ask them if they're going to be in a gathering or want to be in one. Hopefully you can gather enough people together to form a gathering.. good luck!

See you all tomorrow or Saturday! :skidude2:

Eurobeat King
10-30-2004, 02:01 AM
UPDATE: The first Prince of Tennis gathering will take place as scheduled at 12:30pm on Saturday, at the Picnic Hill, but there will be another one at 3:15pm in the Westin Lobby. This 2nd one is for those who will be busy doing the POT game-show from 1:30pm-3:00pm, so those cosplayers who are doing that will be free afterwards, so I added the 2nd gathering to take place after that game-show is done. :) See you POT-peeps tomorrow!!

Ryochan
06-16-2005, 08:05 PM
Hmm..I went last year and didn't see half of these