PDA

View Full Version : Katie Bair wig tutorial- parting for longer ponytails (24+ inch)

ladysubaru25
08-11-2004, 12:51 PM
I was wondering if anyone here had tried the "Parting for ponytails" tutorial on Katie Bair's site. If so, have you been successful?

The tutorial looks *excellent*, IMO, and pretty self-explanatory. I will be needing to to some threading of a wig this upcoming off-season for one of my planned cosplays, and was just looking for some advice from others who have done this before.

Also, with the Katie Bair method, the resulting "ponytails" would be only about 24 inches long. (or, a 48 inch extension parted in half. Any suggestions for longer ponytails? The character I am planning on doing would look better with 48 inch tails. I searched the Sailor Moon threads, and came up dry. (there will be NO odangoes on this wig- just tails.)

So any suggestions or photo links from individuals who have tried the above method, or who have succeeded in making wigs with LOOONG tails would be MUCH appreciated.

** FYI, I have already purchased my extensions- (Toyokalon fiber, 48 inch. I was unable to locate Kanakalon fibers in the correct color.) and will be purchasing the wig from Amphigory.

Quisty_Quest
08-11-2004, 01:20 PM
I just tried it like 3 days ago and its awesome i suggest you try it. how long is your wig?..sorry i have no pics of me wearing it yet

Sarcasm-hime
08-11-2004, 01:23 PM
You could try separating an extension into sections, and seal one end of each section with a braid sealer (or just some glue, clear caulk, etc) and then thread those thru the weft or whatever. ^_^