PDA

View Full Version : Riku from kh-his eyes and skin tone

XpunkRikuX
08-12-2004, 04:33 PM
Ok.Im going as Riku and if any of you have ever seen him he has really gorgeous eyes.where would you suggest I buy contacts like his...have any ideas of a cheap place that still sells good looking contacts.Ive never brought contacts before soo sorry if that was a dumb qeustion.Also Im actually pretty tan...would I have to use any make up that could pale me???or is it not really a big deal???I wouldnt think so but..oh well...peace out.=^.^=v.

BlackMarth
08-12-2004, 08:02 PM
I wouldn't suggest color contacts, not only are they expensive, but you need to additional get a check-up. I believe there is a place that offers free trial color contacts online, I'll get the site for you when I find it, but I personally think that it's a risk, since they might not fit your eyes. Riku's eyes are beautiful but I personally don't think that they are unique enough as to get contacts, unless you think it would really stand out against your tan skin, should you decide not to pale it.

If you want pale skin, here's the thread to look at. http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=36188

Chocochick
08-12-2004, 09:29 PM
Oh boy, contacts again. BlackMarth was on the money with this one. If you want contacts, you'll need a contact fitting by an optometrist, which will run you up about $100.00, and color contacts are on average $40.00 for a 3 pairs of the same color. This is all a great idea if you have multiple characters with the same eye color, but I agree with BlackMarth, his eyes aren't really distinctive enough, I think, to make it worth it. Oh and, no free contacts please, they can be dangerous.

To make your eyes stand-out, buy some black eyeliner and concentrate on the outer edge of your eye.

archangeli
08-13-2004, 02:16 AM
Unless of course you already HAVE a contact lens prescription. I am a regular contact lens wearer so I order a few costume lenses from lensquest.com

I have blue, green, grey and red lenses. The blue and green ones are kinda "standard crayola crayon" colored (which is GREAT for anime characters) but my favorite are the grey ones. depending on the lighting and my makeup they sometimes look light blue and even greenish.

Red contacts are just a whole lotta fun :D

There are MANY threads about contact lenses. Do a search in the "Props and Accessories" section of the site.

Shinigami_Mimi
08-14-2004, 10:21 AM
True. I am a contact wearer as well. XD So I usually would pay around $30 for 6 months worth of any color contacts. But then you'd have to get contacts to fit your eyes and get another test, so it tends to be annoying. So what I do(that I know will damage my eye on day. X.x) is buy the color lenses for $20 a pair. Then wear my regular contacts and colors on top. I was surprised it worked, but this probably isn't something anyone wants to try. XD If it hurts too much I'll just get colored ones with prescription.