PDA

View Full Version : Xenogears/Xenosaga group

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Recca-kun
12-10-2002, 09:26 PM
This is something that I've been wanting to do for a long while and I know more than a few people that have worn costumes or are planning them, so I was wondering who would be interested in getting a group together? Please tell people you know if they would be interested as well, and feel free to post here or PM/email me. My hope is that we can get a large group of people together so by all means doubles are allowed (the more the merrier!).

I personally will be wearing Bart, most likely done in the art version as opposed to animation (purple inside collar, looking sharp, etc). I might be making chaos for Otakon too, time and money willing, but that won't be for the group. ^_^;

Thoughts? Opinions? Psychotic rodents?

================================

Current Xeno list as of 08-01 10:50 PM EST

Xenogears/Xenosaga gathering, Friday 6 PM in Charles Street Lobby

Xenogears
-------------
Bart = Recca-kun
Billy = JyuuSan
Citan = arcticayeka
Citan = SyntaxGlitch
Citan = Recca-kun's friend
Chu-Chu = LadyXara
Elly = Kaitou
Elly = ryuichi fangirl
Emeralda = Emeralda
Emeralda = Lady
Fei = Fei
Fei = Giant Alucard
Gazel Minister #1 = Happy beach ball *
Krelian (Nisan) = Yui
Lacan / Kim = MrWonderfulToji's friend
Maria = penultimate03
Margie = Iridal
Midori = Kurenai
Mighty Joe = MrWonderfulToji
Ramsus = psythe
Sophia = Mizuho
Weltall = Adam
Wiseman = Jowy

Xenosaga
------------
Albedo = Erilan
Captain Matthews = Maxima
chaos = TheLoneWolf
Gaignun = Studmaster
Jr. = DigiKitty's boyfriend
Jr. = Jinto
Kirschwasser = Marty
KOS-MOS = Strawberry
M.O.M.O. = DigiKitty
Shelley = EvilMoogleQueen
Shion = manderina *

Xenogears count: 23
Xenosaga count: 11
Current total: 34

* = tentative

Sami
12-10-2002, 09:37 PM
Oh wow.. must.. resist.. urge to do Miang..!!!

*tries hard to resist* >____<

LOL I might consider it really, but it depends on how much I'd have to spend on making it. ^__^ Do you (or anyone else, for that matter!) have any good full-body pics or know of any anywhere?

Emeralda
12-10-2002, 10:02 PM
Well, you know that I'm always good for Emeralda. Though by this point I'm going to need to redo it from scratch. The mantle was chocking me at the end.. and I dunno where my bootcovers went. Ooopsie. Tehhehe.

-Laura

Celine
12-10-2002, 10:10 PM
Dude, if there is a group, I will definitely be there as Billy. ^_^ Although I can't really walk in my boots. But that is okay. Whoo hoo, more Xenogears cosplay!

Sami- good luck. I had a simply dreadful time finding reference pics for Xenogears. They are out there, but you really have to scour everywhere to find them!

Emeralda
12-10-2002, 10:21 PM
Sami, I can try scanning in some pics from Perfect Works. Miang right? Tehehee..

-Laura

TyJILDown
12-10-2002, 10:52 PM
*cries* I have been considering doign Bart, game version, but I don't quite know what the hell I'll have time for before Otakon...I'll have the blonde wig from when I do my Allen costume so I'll have to see...

penultimate03
12-10-2002, 11:07 PM
I was planning on doing Maria, but I don't know how well that's gonna fall though, haha ^_^* Guess it might take a few months for me to give a definite answer.

The outfit doesn't seem -too- hard, but my main issue is the wig I'll need.

OY, Recca-Kun....question....
Did you used to chat in the MHz Global chat? Maybe a little over a year ago....

Recca-kun
12-10-2002, 11:09 PM
Sami: I can find more Miang pics and/or bring my copy of Perfect Works with me somewhere if we're both in the area at the same time. ^_^; I'm on break from the end of next week through most of January I think, so I'm not sure what your plans are but I'll be around...

psythe
12-11-2002, 08:03 AM
Consider Kahr Ramsus on the list of attendees :bigtu:

And for character references I have a few up at this address:

http://www.forcefedmultimedia.com/xenogears

Either I or Recca-kun I'm sure can get more characters up if they aren't on that page.

penultimate03
12-11-2002, 03:21 PM
Ooh, if you could get any of Maria Balthazaar, it would be a huuuuge help to me! ^_^

Sami
12-11-2002, 03:48 PM
Eek, I found a few pictures of Miang and not only would be well out of my range of knowledge, but I don't have the funding.. ._. Good luck!

Zephyrs
12-11-2002, 10:48 PM
eee! I've been playing Xenogears like a madwoman lately, just got to disc 2, and was actually thinking about doing something from Xenogears once I beat the game. Margie looks cute, but again don't want to decide anything until I beat the game, who knows I might fall in love with someone later one ^^

But yeah, I seriously would like to do this, as in everyone I'm rooming with is in a FF8 group except me and I'd miss out on all the group funness...

Alaria
12-11-2002, 11:10 PM
ara, I'll be doing Miang. Sami, I wish u could do it too :( Are u going to do another one?

psythe
12-11-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by penultimate03
Ooh, if you could get any of Maria Balthazaar, it would be a huuuuge help to me! ^_^

I will try and get some pictures scanned in for Maria tomorrow night ^^v

penultimate03
12-12-2002, 12:44 AM
psyth3

Thank you so much! *spazz* You raaaaawk! *huuuuugs*

*waaay too happy*

Haha ^_^*

psythe
12-12-2002, 09:31 PM
penultimate, apologes, but I'm not gonna be able to get the Maria pics up on the page tonight, but I haven't forgotten, I will get them at the latest saturday afternoon ^^v

penultimate03
12-12-2002, 10:43 PM
No problem at all ^_^ Don't worry too much about it.
I'm patient :) Haha.

I occupied myself trying to find fan art of her to see if there were any fairly accurate pics. Not many, ack

Recca-kun
12-13-2002, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by penultimate03
OY, Recca-Kun....question....
Did you used to chat in the MHz Global chat? Maybe a little over a year ago....

!!! Yes I did! Wow, someone else that was there. ^_^; After I saw they showed TMR's Heat Capacity I whored the show out to as many people as possible, and went to that season's final show for Nen Daiko (good performance). Haven't been keeping up with it much recently though... do you still frequent there?

Anyway, here (http://pacolyn.org/targeted-image/FF/Xenogears/people/maria/maria.jpg.html) is a picture of Maria. This whole site (http://pacolyn.org/targeted-thumb/FF/Xenogears/) has a lot of pictures as well as anime screencaps (I'm going to have a friend make me an Elly fancel! :D) so check it out. ;)

Other sites to check out:
http://www.xgam.org/ <--- Lot of stuff
http://www.escaflowneonline.com/xenogears/ <--- Same here
http://www.liquid2k.com/zenogears/ <--- Good Image archive, has sketches and nice fanarts including Maria.
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Zone/4888/Xmp3.html <--- Some songs, more importantly some waves of the attacks. Weltall's G-Shot makes a great aim alarm, and having the intro as a startup sound is always fun. ;)
http://www.d2.dion.ne.jp/~synn/ <--- Japanese site with some incredible fanart for the Xeno and Chrono games.
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/xeno/xg/xg.html <--- Yeah it's RPGamer, but they have some stuff like art, fanart, etc.

And apparently this (http://www.escaflowneonline.com/xenogears/images/anime/maria1.JPG) is the only shot where Maria is animated. ^_^;

Sami
12-13-2002, 11:06 AM
Alaria - I probably won't do another character.. I hadn't realized how intricate and time-consuming a lot of their outfits looked. x_X I already have at least one big costume planned for Otakon, so I doubt I'd be able to devote more time/energy without my head exploding. ^___^;;

penultimate03
12-13-2002, 03:18 PM
Recca~

I used the sn K-Chan in the chat, I used to chat there a loooong time ago. I never frequented much though ^_^* but I did remember another cosplayer there from MD called Recca...I put two and two together and TAADAA!

Thank you SO MUCH for the links! *goes to dance amongst cosplay designs*

Celine
12-14-2002, 11:14 AM
Awww... Sami, that's a shame.. ^^ A few of the costumes aren't so hard, especially if you like crossplay (XD), like Fei's and Billy's. Actually, Citan's isn't really that bad. It's probably why lots of people do him, I suppose.

MrWonderfulToji
12-14-2002, 08:59 PM
Depending on how things pan out with my other costumes..
I've always wanted to cosplay someone from xenogears and this is a good chance to... hm... I could pull off citan, billy, possibly jessie.... i spose in a pinch I could be fei. But its not gonna be too convincing having a 6"2' white guy be fei...
of course, I could always try for my absolute favorite chars...
MIGHTY JOE AND THE CAPTAIN OF THE THAMES!!!!!! they were the coolest men ever..
sean

penultimate03
12-14-2002, 09:06 PM
A Mighty Joe would be SO AWESOME!

I know who I'd be hanging on the whole time! ;) Haha

Emeralda
12-14-2002, 09:14 PM
I know who I'd be hanging on the whole time! Haha

Tehehee.. Me too! Mighty Joe gets all the chicas!

-Laura

psythe
12-14-2002, 09:15 PM
Ok penultimate the Maria pics are up at

enjoy! :bigtu:

Mighty Joe would indeed be cool, I would also like to see a Grahf costume, the headpiece would be insane.

Recca-kun
12-14-2002, 11:01 PM
Haha too bad I don't drink and will only be 20 if it was the Captain, but that still would call for several chants of "Men of the Sea". On the bad side you would want to load that thing up with fans and cooling packs since it's Baltimore in the summer. Either one of those would be awesome though. :D

I'll have to ask around about Grahf, see if anyone wants to do that... one guy I talked with awhile ago said he would either be Grahf or Ramsus. As far as other rare costumes go one person was planning Id, so I'll check up with him too.

Hmm, think we could get a full set of either the old or the new Elements? Old would definitely be easier since we would only still need Jessie and Sigurd, but it would be cool to have Dominia and crew.

penultimate03
12-15-2002, 02:36 AM
I wanted to do Seraphita so bad at one point, but then I realized the *ahem* skimpiness of her outfit, so I had to change my mind there ^_^*

And thaaaaank you so much psyth3!!!

It looks easier than I thought it would be originally, sw33t!

psythe
12-15-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Recca-kun
I'll have to ask around about Grahf, see if anyone wants to do that... one guy I talked with awhile ago said he would either be Grahf or Ramsus. As far as other rare costumes go one person was planning Id, so I'll check up with him too.

Tell him to do Grahf!! XD!! Not only would it rock, but I wouldn't have a twin running around either ^^v

and I would SO join in for some

MEN

OF

THE SEA!!

...chants if someone came as the Thames Captain.

Emeralda
12-15-2002, 01:32 PM

Hmm, think we could get a full set of either the old or the new Elements? Old would definitely be easier since we would only still need Jessie and Sigurd, but it would be cool to have Dominia and crew.

Hmmmn.. would that be my friend Adam who did Weltell this past year? If not I can bug him and see if he'll do it anyway. Hmmn.. wonder if I can con Mo into doing anything as well. Oh.. umm.. hey Mo! *ducks behind a pole* Nothing to see here, I wasn't putting ideas in your head.

-Laura

Recca-kun
12-15-2002, 03:31 PM
It wasn't Adam, but if you could pass word along and ask him if he would like to do something it is definitely appreciated. :bigtu:

Oh man, I have an idea for a cosplay walk-on now. :crylaugh: No stealing it if you know what I'm thinking though. ;)

Emeralda
12-15-2002, 03:33 PM
It wasn't Adam, but if you could pass word along and ask him if he would like to do something it is definitely appreciated. :bigtu:

Oh man, I have an idea for a cosplay walk-on now. :crylaugh: No stealing it if you know what I'm thinking though. ;)

We should do...............

THE CARD GAME! TEHEHEHE

-Laura
(really, its just fresh cheesecake making me crazy)

MrWonderfulToji
12-15-2002, 09:02 PM
of course it would have to be a more humanoid captain of the thames, I dont know how well I could make a big walrus head..
But if I did, I'd bring along some Ramune soda and Doctor Pepper, so that we could all toast to the

REAL

MEN

OF

THE

SEA

god I loved the thames. that was my favorite part of the game.. when bart is all tipsy in the bar and he does the salute with the captain. man, and when mighty joe gets his pimp on.... classic gaming.

sean

Recca-kun
12-15-2002, 09:21 PM
The peg leg could be annoying, but if someone knows how to make mascot costumes (I'm sure someone on the boards does ;)) the face is not impossible. On that note, a Hans would be also be great but would also be a bit akward. And Hammer would be great for a punching bag (kidding! ;)).

penultimate03
12-15-2002, 10:28 PM
Or....a GIANT CHUCHU!

Haha

That might be a little scary.

I'm planning on making a little plushie though, in my free time

Recca-kun
12-15-2002, 11:55 PM
No, this (http://www.wam.umd.edu/~kroyer/evilchuchu.jpg) is scary. ;)

Seriously though Maria with a Chu-Chu plushie would be very cute. :bigtu:

psythe
12-16-2002, 12:01 AM
LOL, I love that pic of Chu-Chu, that whole section of sketches rocks! Maria should SO have a Chu Chu plushie ^^v

Emeralda
12-16-2002, 12:02 AM
No, this (http://www.wam.umd.edu/~kroyer/evilchuchu.jpg) is scary. ;)

This is Chu chu... this is your Chu chu on DRIVE. Any questions?

*merps and scuttles off after the horrible joke*

-Laura

penultimate03
12-16-2002, 01:52 AM
WOW O_O That IS scary

*looks at Chuchu, her pet rat* Now I fear going to sleep.....

Alaria
12-16-2002, 05:39 AM
MrWonderfulToji:. omg, if u did a Big Joe that would be awesome!! XD
and I would luv to see someone do a giant chuchu, though a chuchu plushie is incredibly cute too

psythe
12-16-2002, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Emeralda
This is Chu chu... this is your Chu chu on DRIVE. Any questions?

*merps and scuttles off after the horrible joke*

-Laura

HAHAHA!! :rofl:

That's a good one!

Lady
12-19-2002, 03:24 PM
My group did Xenogears last year and it was fun*nods* We were really surprised by how many people recognized us and took photos. Our Elly might end up wearing her costume again on Friday if she knows there will be other Xenokids running around. I'll pass on the info to her*salutes*

Oh, and uh...*lewd gleam in her eyes* Think you'll have any Sigurd and Ramsus people? And think they'll let me get a photo of them snuggling?*drools*

-Lady

Recca-kun
12-19-2002, 03:27 PM
Awesome, you were in the group last year? I was going to ask people if they knew anyone who was... I took a picture so I'll have to send it to you. ;)

psythe
12-30-2002, 09:05 PM
Ack. I promised someone some Elly pics and just now got around to putting them up. Also thought maybe it could help someone around here as well.

Now with 100% more Elly! ^_^

Recca-kun
12-31-2002, 02:03 AM
*Turns giddy as a schoolgirl* More Elly pictures are always a good thing. Like the SD Elly in Pefect Works - sooo cute! :heart:

That reminds me, I finally got the Xenogears Anthology doujin off eBay before Christmas and haven't taken it out yet. ^_^;

Zephyrs
12-31-2002, 02:13 PM
hmm... I'm debating trying a Xeno cosplay, but I really have no clue who I could get away doing given my lack of magical sewing skills and reluctance to wear anything too skintight or revealing... any suggestions? I'll even try a guy, I'm already doing one crossplay for certain...

psythe
12-31-2002, 02:17 PM
silentduelist, perhaps do one of the elements?

Kelvena perhaps? maybe Tolone...

check my page out for costumes, the link is a couple posts back.

Zephyrs
01-02-2003, 03:40 PM
ah thankies thankies... the scan of Kelvena looks alot more... what's the word I'm looking for, *possible* than her in-game icon. I don't think I'd start a Xeno costume till March or April anyway, but Kelvena is definatly someone I'll look into.

And anyway, Xenosaga's coming out next month! woo hoo! who knows what cool characters we'll see there to possibly cosplay :)

psythe
01-02-2003, 08:50 PM
*nods*

I can't wait to see all the cool costumes that are going to be in Xenosaga, although I think there will always be a special place for the Solarian uniforms for me :D

Emeralda
01-02-2003, 09:14 PM
Oh, here's a thought I talked about with Kyle at one point. Maybe one day we can have the good guys ie: Fei's gang and then another maybe the Solarians? Any takers? Mainly because I want to revamp Emmy, but well, I feel weird wearing uber short skirts. And was thinking about making one of the Elements. Then again, I might just be biting off more than I can chew as usual. Any thoughts Commander? Tehehehee

-Laura

psythe
01-02-2003, 09:21 PM
lol, that's the second Commander comment I've gotten...:rofl:

I would be all about that! If I could get a Solarian Elite group together (Miang, Ramsus, Dominia, Kelvena, Tolone, Seraphita) that would be the ultimate! ^_^

And I know we already have a couple of the good guys coming to Otakon to begin with :)

Zephyrs
01-02-2003, 10:04 PM
Solarian group, now you are convincing me moreso to go pattern hunting for Kelvena ^^ and if there's a good guy day, Mother Sophia rocks my world so if anyone's got good pics of her I could look into that (and since it's a robe I could make it or at least parts sooner than the rest in case I have another size change like this past summer that's a plus ^^)

hmm that would make 2 WA costumes and 1-2 Xenogears for me, that sounds like a good Otakon plan, plus it will give me a group to wander with while all my roomies are with their FF8 gang. but I request we all get together and do the REAL MEN OF THE SEA routine anyway :)

Emeralda
01-02-2003, 10:05 PM
AHH! Wild Arms?! Which one??!! I still want to do Lilka from WA: 2nd Ignition, or even Marivel, since she kicks so much ass!

psythe
01-02-2003, 10:13 PM
For MEN OF THE SEA we always have to have a couple of the group members stand there and look completely disinterested like "not again" :D I just got done with the Thames section too!

Do Kelvena! and I think Emeralda was doing Seraphita, then all we need is a Dominia, and a Tolone and we have the full Solarian outfit, Rah!

Emeralda
01-02-2003, 10:24 PM
Yup, going to have Emeralda for one day, and Seraphita for another, or later in the day. Whatever the plan winds up being.

Zephyrs
01-02-2003, 10:52 PM
Emeralda - I'm doing Jet from WA3 simply because I have to do a WA3 thing and then Cecilia's royal dress from Wild Arms, since I loved Cecilia more than any other WA female. and I've seen one or two cosplays of her casual clothes, but never the royal dress.. I've got the patterns for both already, and some of the props. now I just need a field trip to my friendly (not quite in the) neighboorhood JoAnns for some fabric.

and now Kelvena, yes indeed. She and Seraphita are my fav Elements. two more left, and we rock the world. time to print those pictures for the next 99 cent pattern sale tee hee.

psythe
01-03-2003, 07:47 AM
Was gonna post a list of Xenogears characters that are being done, along with characters we would like to have for Otakon in the "seeking cosplayers" forum. Should I? :D

Zephyrs
01-03-2003, 05:15 PM
yeah go for it :) Is there a playable character crew yet?

on looking at the Mother Sophia portrait, me and my friend have come to the conculsion that I look way way way too much like her... like mad crazy like her.. so I have to try Mother Sophia.. wow I never though I actually looked like any game character till that lol

psythe
01-03-2003, 07:44 PM
Well lets see

Alaria = Miang
psyth3 = Ramsus
Recca-kun = Bart
silentduelist = Kelvena
Emeralda = Emeralda and Seraphita
Friend of Emmy = ID or Weltall O_o
Friend of Emmy 2 = Citan
Celine = Billy

that's all off the top of my head, if I have forgotten someone here, let me know so I can keep adding to the list and then I'll post it.

Edited to add more costumes

Emeralda
01-03-2003, 08:15 PM
Don't forget celine has Billy, and a friend of myself and Kyle is doing Citan. We may have an ID as well.. otherwise maybe Adam can bring Weltell again.

Recca-kun
01-04-2003, 12:46 AM
I know an Id. Adam is the guy who did Fei a few years ago and Weltall last year. We're talking about two different people, right? I may know a Fei but I'll have to ask around...

And again, if anyone knows someone with a costume but it's already on the list by all means invite them too. ;)

I may plan chaos for part of the weekend, but that wouldn't be for the shoot.

Alaria
01-07-2003, 03:30 AM
ara, is someone thinking of doing Krelian? :D

Recca-kun
01-07-2003, 04:02 AM
No one confirmed for Krelian yet... That's another one that we should have. ^_^;

psythe
01-07-2003, 07:49 AM
Yes, we need a Krelian! hehee :D

If we got the other two elements and a Krelian....I think we'd be set. But the more the merrier!

This is probably the largest Xenogears group I think I have ever heard of....

:bigtu:

Recca-kun
01-07-2003, 08:04 AM
We're having several non-playable character, it almost has to be! :D

TyJILDown
01-07-2003, 10:41 PM
Well I plan on doing Bart sometimefuture but for this group, I -might- do Tolone since psyth3 suggested it.

I'm gonna take a look at more pictures of Tolone and figure out when I'll need and I'll confirm if I can or not...I was hoping to have another costume to wear to Otakon anyways ^^;;

psythe
01-07-2003, 10:54 PM
w00t for Tolone! I'll see what I can dig up image wise.

Zephyrs
01-08-2003, 06:07 PM
woo almost there with the Solarian gang.. is there any more Kelvena pics that might help with colors and patterns? The closest Joann's is still 40 minutes away and in another state (and I still can't drive *sniff*) so the next time I go - hopefully before end of February - might be the only time before I have to start sewing ^^

psythe
01-08-2003, 06:09 PM
At the latest I'll do a scouring for some more pics of the Elements this saturday. But they are quite limited in the Perfect Works book. Hopefully I can get something going, I'll post back here when I add some new images.

As always the page is: http://www.forcefedmultimedia.com/xenogears

psythe
01-09-2003, 05:18 PM
Updated 1.09.03

Alaria = Miang
psyth3 = Ramsus
Recca-kun = Bart
silentduelist = Kelvena
Friend of Emmy 2 = Citan
Celine = Billy
TyJILDown = Tolone
ryuichi fangirl = Elly
penultimate03 = Maria

Edited to add Maria, sorry! i forgot ^_^

ryuichi fangirl
01-09-2003, 05:42 PM
^ *is on list* go me! ^_^ I've never had a skirt that short before.....heck I've never really worn a skirt . . . this outta be fun.

OH! Almost forgot...I haven't read this whole thread so I don't know if this has already been asked or what but what day are we doing this group? And has anyone decided where we're supposed to meet?

penultimate03
01-09-2003, 09:30 PM
*Definitely Maria-ing it to Otakon*

I just got a dress form for christmas, so I'll probably get it done before Katsucon, haha. I'm excited.

psythe
01-10-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by ryuichi fangirl
^ *is on list* go me! ^_^ I've never had a skirt that short before.....heck I've never really worn a skirt . . . this outta be fun.

OH! Almost forgot...I haven't read this whole thread so I don't know if this has already been asked or what but what day are we doing this group? And has anyone decided where we're supposed to meet?

We haven't really set out any dates or times or places yet for it, we have until August to figure all that out, I need to worry about getting Ramsus together for the time begin ^_^v

ryuichi fangirl
01-10-2003, 05:36 PM
Ahh trooo . . .I have drafted some helpers to work on Elly w/ me ^^ I'm so lazy right now . . .

psythe
01-10-2003, 07:35 PM
Alright for anyone doing the Elements (Kelvena, Tolone, Seraphita, Dominia) I have put up a new face shot of each which should help with figuring out the colors. Unfortunately I don't have anything of Tolone from the waist down except what I had up there.

Mizuho
01-16-2003, 11:00 PM
Waaah, I was hoping to be your Elly. XD I was looking forward to posing with Miang around Commander Ramsus. :p

I have been working on an Elly costume, and I just got the wig in the mail, but I can wear that another day. :) Maybe there is another character I could go as?

I'd love to be a part of this Xenogears group. I have waited for a good Xenogears Cosplay Group for so very long! :love:

psythe
01-16-2003, 11:05 PM
Well what character would you like to do? We don't have a definite Dominia Yzkor yet, so she would be cool to fill out the rest of the elements. Maybe Margie or Primera as well.

Celine
01-16-2003, 11:06 PM
Wow! This group has really become quite large! Yay!! ^_^ We don't have a Fei yet? I might be able to talk one of my friends into it... no guarantees right now, but I can try.

Mizuho
01-16-2003, 11:29 PM
I saw some pictures of Dominia on your site, and she is a possibility. I'll look into that tomorrow, and try to collect some ideas on how to do her costume.

Maybe Yui, Citan's wife. Oddly enough, she was always one of my favorite non-playable characters. :D

I was thinking of making a list for some of the other non-playable characters, in case we had others who wanted to join. Characters like Queen Zephyr, or those maidens who remind me of Maetel who wait around and guard the doors in the castle of Shevat...

Shakan, Bishop Stone, Dan.... Well, the Xenogears Image Archive on Zenosaga.com has a lot of characters and some pictures of each one:

http://xia.zenosaga.com/pw.html

It's a nice little gallery, and it might be worth checking out to some people who would like to find a character to cosplay as.

psythe
01-16-2003, 11:43 PM
I totally forgot Queen Zephyr!! Good call!

And I just saw her in game too, doh!

Mizuho
01-17-2003, 12:09 AM
Psyth and Ryuichi, actually.... I'm afraid to ask this, but I thought about it.... but would it be too much to have two Ellys in the group? :thumbsup:

Recca-kun
01-17-2003, 02:13 AM
Mizuho: It's fine by me. And yes I would say it was ok even if it wasn't Elly. ;)

Celine: I know of a friend of a friend who said he would be Fei last summer, so I'll follow up on that. If you know someone too though, that would be great.

Other than that, I think I can talk someone into cosplaying Sophia, but I need to have her play the game more first.

psythe
01-17-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Mizuho
Psyth and Ryuichi, actually.... I'm afraid to ask this, but I thought about it.... but would it be too much to have two Ellys in the group? :thumbsup:

Not at all ^_^ This goes for anyone, if you wanna do a character we already have listed, by all means go for it. Wouldn't want someone to avoid their favorite character just because it would be a second one.

^^v

ryuichi fangirl
01-17-2003, 09:59 AM

YAY! Do I'd love to have a twin ^^

Celine
01-17-2003, 10:58 AM
I think the point of this group is just to get as many Xenogears characters together as possible... since a bunch of the characters are awfully popular, I don't think it would be surprising if we have many duplicates. In fact, I'm quite surprised that nobody else is doing Billy. Ah well, there's still plenty of time before Otakon.

Zephyrs
01-17-2003, 05:22 PM
yeah, there's still time - I can't really sew for a while, so I can get all the sketching and planning and pattern altering done in the meantime.

I showed my mom a picture of Kelvena when I was starting to sketch it out and she was like "you're going to be like a little fairy pixie girl. that doesn't seem alot like you" "uh mom, she's one of the Solarian Elements, she fights battles and has a giant robot." "so she's not like the tooth fairy?" oy. right now I've got two costumes definatly planned/started (not sure how wise an idea a full gown is for a con I'm going to be Amtrak-ing to in mid August so there went one of them...) that should keep me busy for a while.

Celine
01-17-2003, 08:58 PM
XD Tooth fairy.... haha, sorry, that image is just too funny...

Iridal
01-18-2003, 09:59 PM
Well, since no one definately settled on doing cute lil' Margie, I guess I can haul out my Great Mother Margie costume and restuff the hat o' doom (tm). ^_^ (Seriously, I looked like a pimp straight outta the 70's without Margie's hat stuffed, and it felt so damn weird when it was stuffed *sighs*)

So you might be seeing a Margie around at Otakon as well, possibly with Kaitou as Elly. ^_^

Mizuho
01-18-2003, 10:18 PM
Yay! I get to see your Margie costume!! And Kaitou's! :heart:

psythe
01-20-2003, 10:32 AM
o0o0o0o A Margie!! :bigtu:

I was gonna say, we don't have a Margie yet. w00t!

Iridal
01-20-2003, 06:03 PM
I'm glad to see someone's looking forward to seeing Margie in cosplay. ^_^;; Last year when I went as her, people would shove me aside to get a picture of my boyfriend (who went as Bart) and then relate to him how hard it was to find 'good' Xenogears cosplayers that year. I thought I looked good....

Talk about a slap in the face. ^^

Recca-kun
01-21-2003, 12:15 AM
I thought you looked good too. ^_^

*Reminds self to send Lady pictures* ^^;;;

psythe
01-21-2003, 07:50 AM
Updated 1.21.03

Alaria = Miang
psythe = Ramsus
Recca-kun = Bart
silentduelist = Kelvena
Friend of Emmy 2 = Citan
Celine = Billy
TyJILDown = Tolone
ryuichi fangirl = Elly
penultimate03 = Maria
Mizuho = Sophia
Iridal = Margie

Wow....we have quite the variety of characters O_o;;

Iridal
01-21-2003, 12:06 PM
Lady's boyfriend said he may do Billy again this summer, if he can figure out a good way to do the silver hair. Last year, he sprayed in silver colored hair spray, but it came out too uneven for his tastes, and getting a wig to cut down that much is just a waste.

Any suggestions, other than him bleaching his hair even blonder? ^_^

psythe
01-21-2003, 01:25 PM
I could see a plat blonde billy :) bleach til you cant bleach anymore! although that may not be to healthy -_-

other than that a wig is your only option :\

Recca-kun
01-21-2003, 04:56 PM
I'd use silver hair spray personally. ^_^;; What brand was it, because what I use usually works well enough...

*Laughs* One thing that was funny was when I was dressed as Musica from Rave and was hanging around a Haru I could tell that he used the same brand of hair spray that I do from the look and smell. ^_^;;;

Emeralda
01-21-2003, 08:05 PM
Was that like at Otakon, while sitting next to Dom from Megatokyo in artist's alley, and he was joking that we should sell hits off his hair from the smell.
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~~ His hair was pretty ... strong smelling from the green spray. But his hair -was- green.

Celine
01-22-2003, 12:17 AM
Err.. you can buy a silver/white wig in a short style like Billy's... and it wouldn't require any cutting or styling (that's what I did). ^^;;; You can always spraypaint the wig if it's not silver enough, too.

Zephyrs
01-22-2003, 04:06 PM
yeah since I am very unwilling to dye my light hair black (it'll wash out grey, been there dyed that...) I'm going the spray-in route, or something...

I'm going to shoot this question to the costuming forums as well, but just in case someone catches it here first, what is the best way to approach the Elements' upper sleeve guard things? I'm not sure if the art book or the game portrait is easier to make ( http://www.forcefedmultimedia.com/xenogears/images/cherubina1.jpg and http://www.forcefedmultimedia.com/xenogears/images/cherubina2.jpg respectively) the artbook style can be treated as actual sleeves I'd think, just with much "poofy-ness"but the in-game one looks more like armor with a sleeve attached... the skirt is going to be made in multiple pieces so my little brain can handle it (^_^) but those sleeves... argh!

I'm headed to Joann's tomorrow (after my physics midterm, one exam I'm sure to ace!) and going to get stuff for my costumes I have planned and if I get a flash of divine inspiration for another one. my friend *still* thinks I should do Mother Sophia for a different non-group day just cause I look like her, but we'll see.

WitchofEastwick
01-22-2003, 04:23 PM
Cool, Xenogears is cool, wanna know something?? I used to be friends with a girl who's Uncle was one of the designers of the characters from Xenogears!! She used to show me tons of drawing she made of the characters and their uniforms, she sometimes gave them to her Uncle and he either put them in the series, or made posters of them! I still know where she lives and she is going to High School this year hopefully in the same one I am

khamryn
01-27-2003, 04:11 PM
::Finally looks at this thread:: feel.. will.. to resist.. ota.. going down.. drain... >.>

can I do Krelian...? :x ::Decides to go.::

psythe
01-27-2003, 04:39 PM
Updated 1.27.03

Alaria = Miang
psythe = Ramsus
Recca-kun = Bart
silentduelist = Kelvena
Friend of Emmy 2 = Citan
Celine = Billy
TyJILDown = Tolone
ryuichi fangirl = Elly
penultimate03 = Maria
Mizuho = Sophia
Iridal = Margie
khamryn = Krelian

yaay a Krelian XD!!!

khamryn
01-27-2003, 04:45 PM
yay XD XD ::has been wanting to do krelian for ages.:: but do you have full body pics of his Solaris outfit? all my Krelian pics got eaten a while ago.. well... all my Xenogears pics period. u.u; haha

Emeralda
01-27-2003, 08:31 PM
I'll check my doujin collections, since they're mostly pretty accurate. And I can piece together full body shots of his Solarian outfit from that. Just give me a day or two, since my scanner has been acting up again.

psythe
01-27-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by khamryn
yay XD XD ::has been wanting to do krelian for ages.:: but do you have full body pics of his Solaris outfit? all my Krelian pics got eaten a while ago.. well... all my Xenogears pics period. u.u; haha

this is my reference page with some Krelian pics ripped from Perfect Works although you may have gotten these earlier.

khamryn
01-27-2003, 08:38 PM
Emeralda- Okay. ::Grins.:: Thank you. ^.^

Psythe- I think Recca sent me those but I'll go look. :D

Emeralda
01-27-2003, 09:01 PM
I think I spoke too soon. I just went through 8 different Doujins, and nothing. Only small shots of Krelian. I do have three more on the way from Japan, so maybe one of those will have something. Hmmn.. Isn't there a shot of him in the guidebook as well? I know there was a bust shot, I dont remember if there was a full shot.

khamryn
01-28-2003, 01:59 AM
Aww.. okay. ^^

Yeah there's a shot of him in the guide... but not full body. :x i'll just have to guess based on the chibi. u.u;;;

psythe
01-28-2003, 08:17 AM
I found a line drawing of him that I can scan in for you if you want. It may be a bit helpful cause it has a line drawing of him with the cloak off and one with it on. Also there is the upper chest on up shot of him in the characters section that may also be helpful.

I have to scan some things tonight anyway so I'll go ahead and put those up as well.

khamryn
01-28-2003, 10:30 AM
Pysthe- Okay. ::Blinks.:: Thanks... I know about the guide shot though. ^.^

Alaria
01-28-2003, 05:11 PM
*dances* yaay khamryn! I'm so glad ur doing Krelian! Your gonna do an awesome job :)
does Emmy's friend know if he's doing Id or Weltall yet? I know someone who may be interested in doing Id

Emeralda
01-28-2003, 07:00 PM
Adam said he might be doing ID, or bringing Weltall back for another appearance this year.

Kyle, any word from Dan if he's doing Citan again? Then again, if we have a Maria, he wont cut it. Tehehehee

psythe
01-28-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by khamryn
Pysthe- Okay. ::Blinks.:: Thanks... I know about the guide shot though. ^.^

What guide are you talking about? So I don't end up double scanning....

psythe
01-28-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Alaria
*dances* yaay khamryn! I'm so glad ur doing Krelian! Your gonna do an awesome job :)
does Emmy's friend know if he's doing Id or Weltall yet? I know someone who may be interested in doing Id

ID! O_O

Who wants to do Id, Alaria?

Recca-kun
01-28-2003, 07:03 PM
Actually those are two seperate people (unless Adam really was planning Id, the guy I kind of know is named Brandon). Is that an "interested in being Id" or a "interested in Id if he's the only one, else he'll be someone else"? (Because although having a full cast is cool, multiple of the same character is ok! and much better than someone being shunned or not part of the group)

Edit- how did we all three post at once? O_o Whatever Adam wants to do would be cool. As far as Dan... I'll have to harrass him again.

Emeralda
01-28-2003, 07:10 PM
Kyle: Actually, he's been harassing me lately with odd random IM's so its time to put the screws to him. Adam said he'd like to try ID, but its not a definite. So Alaria, its fine if your friend wants to do it too.

Hmm.. posting at the same time? Maybe we all share a spooky psychic link?

Recca-kun
01-28-2003, 07:16 PM
He actually hasn't been messaging me with Strongbad sayings recently, I'm almost worried something's up...

Man, we might have more Ids than Feis! *Grins and tries to see if he can find at least one for now*

And Xenogears is the link! :D

Emeralda
01-28-2003, 07:18 PM
He hasn't sent me any strongbad ones in a week or so. But I go MOO the other night, so I thought he wanted to play word association. Wow, did I take that one down a blind alley *cough* neeeeeeeeeeeeevermind. >.>

Ah, but to bring it back to topic. Think we could get a list up again psythe on who we have?

khamryn
01-28-2003, 07:39 PM
Alaria- *^^* such high praise! ::fuu:: now i must live up to that! ::smile::

Psythe- Strategy guide. ^.^

psythe
01-28-2003, 08:11 PM
Ah, but to bring it back to topic. Think we could get a list up again psythe on who we have?

Sure ^_^

Updated 1.28.03

Alaria = Miang
psythe = Ramsus
Recca-kun = Bart
silentduelist = Kelvena
Friend of Alaria = ID
Friend of Emmy 2 = Citan
Celine = Billy
TyJILDown = Tolone
ryuichi fangirl = Elly
penultimate03 = Maria
Mizuho = Sophia
Iridal = Margie
khamryn = Krelian

Giant Alucard
01-29-2003, 08:59 AM
if you need another person, i would like to go as fei. I liked the game alot, and fei was a cool character (he reminded me of cloud in some ways). I could make his costume pretty easily, i think. The only thing that would be a problem would be the hair of his, but i could always have my friends help me find a wig. I already have the body, im just really tall and tan ( i'm not sure if he was tall), but sooner or later i'm going to try and make Id's costume, that would be nice.

Alaria
01-29-2003, 11:16 AM
^^ If you want to join, please by all means do! The more Xeno cosplayers the better, and Fei would be great

psythe
01-31-2003, 07:41 AM
Yes we need a Fei we need my ARCH-RIVAL

:rofl:

Giant Alucard
01-31-2003, 09:10 AM
i shall be prepared then. lol. all i need to find out is how i make that HAIR. maybe a very large wig would work and add extensions to it.

psythe
01-31-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Giant Alucard
i shall be prepared then. lol. all i need to find out is how i make that HAIR. maybe a very large wig would work and add extensions to it.

Yeah, I would just say geta long dark brown wig and then work on the front pieces. Alaria knows a place that makes CRAZY long wigs, perhaps she can tell you as I have forgotten the URL...gomen ._.

Emeralda
01-31-2003, 12:59 PM
*bounces around* Kim Kim KIIIM!

*falls down* Uggh.. I need a soda. I can't be that perky quite yet.

Lady
02-01-2003, 11:10 PM
Hmm...I seem to remember a color shot of Krelian from the back during the ending movie...Since I'm a dork and I videotape my RPG endings, I'll go look at my tape and see what's up. If it has that picture, I could always sketch it and scan it in*nods*

Wouldn't mind sketching a naked Krelian either, but I doubt someone wants to do that outfit*evil grin*

-Lady

Recca-kun
02-02-2003, 02:50 AM
I think the one clothed Krelian shot is when he is wearing the Nisan clothes...

http://pacolyn.org/targeted-thumb/FF/Xenogears/anime/13-ending <-- Ending pics including that. I'll have to say no naked versions for your own safeties, although if you do do them don't tell me or I'll go hide my head in embarrassment and shame.

Speaking of shame, we still don't have a Sigurd!

Emeralda
02-02-2003, 03:58 PM
Or a Jessie for that matter. n_- Hmmn.. maybe we should try and think about who we still need..? And then our Commander can put the list up again of who we have. And since I'm shooting to have Seraphita done for AX, if anyone wants to wear her at Ota, let me know, since I'll likely be wearing Emeralda.

khamryn
02-02-2003, 06:55 PM
Lady- Yeah, that's his Nisan outfit though. u.u; ::Is also a dork and also records endings.:: Hehehe and Recca-kun has been helping me hunt. n.n

Recca- I think you know my stance on that :p lol

Iridal
02-02-2003, 08:59 PM
So just to clarify, what day of Otakon is this massive Xeno group taking place, or is it spread out over the entire con?

khamryn
02-02-2003, 10:36 PM
I'm not the organizer of the group but I'm pretty sure its some time on Friday. :x

::Runs away from Recca, hehe::

psythe
02-02-2003, 10:52 PM
Is it gonna be Friday? I don't think we had set a day, but you all will probably have more groups to attend as well so as we get closer we can figure out what day would be best for everyone.

I'll probably give this group priority so any day is gonna be good with me.

And we still need a Dominia so we have all 4 elements!! :D

Updated 2.02.03

Alaria = Miang
psythe = Ramsus
Recca-kun = Bart
silentduelist = Kelvena
Friend of Alaria = ID
Friend of Emmy 2 = Citan
Celine = Billy
TyJILDown = Tolone
ryuichi fangirl = Elly
penultimate03 = Maria
Mizuho = Sophia
Iridal = Margie
khamryn = Krelian
Giant Alucard = Fei
? = Jessie
? = Sigurd
? = Dominia

Emeralda
02-02-2003, 11:07 PM
Okay..

and off the top of my head, we could use the following:

Primera
Jessie
Sigurd
Maison
Yui
Midori
Dan
Alice
Timothy
Hammer
Rico
Dominia
Bart's Crew would be cool too

khamryn
02-03-2003, 12:31 AM
Psythe- I was talking to Recca about it. >.> Sat I have a secret costume and my huge KH group so I dunno. u.u; hehe ::has an almost full cast of KH.:: including all 7 princesses of heart. n.n! ::Stops being ot::

Recca-kun
02-03-2003, 01:46 AM
Yeah any day is good for me as well, although some people (i.e. Kham) may have stuff on Saturday like other groups, their favorite costume, or being in the cosplay. Whatever works for everyone is what's fine by me.

Also to add to the list of possible people, some of these are way obscure:
Abel (does anyone have a little brother that is able and willing?)
Kim (easy enough, aside from the hair)
Zephyr (I may be able to find someone, we'll see)
Roni & Rene Fatima
Grahf & Executioner (remember to add ice packs to the suit, it'll be hot in August! ^^; )
Khan & Fei's Mom (whose name escapes me at the moment ^^; )
The Gebler
Bishop Stone
*insert random enemy i.e. a Hob* (lol, kidding)
A Gear (Good Luck!)

There were a few others mentioned but not confirmed yet...

And again, if you know someone that says "Well I'd like to join you but I have a Fei/Citan/Billy/etc costume" please make sure they know they're welcome. Sorry to keep hammering this, but other people have to be out there somewhere... ^_^;

Emeralda
02-03-2003, 01:52 AM
Yeah any day is good for me as well, although some people (i.e. Kham) may have stuff on Saturday like other groups, their favorite costume, or being in the cosplay. Whatever works for everyone is what's fine by me.

Also to add to the list of possible people, some of these are way obscure:
Abel (does anyone have a little brother that is able and willing?)
Kim (easy enough, aside from the hair)
Zephyr (I may be able to find someone, we'll see)
Roni & Rene Fatima
Grahf & Executioner (remember to add ice packs to the suit, it'll be hot in August! ^^; )
Khan & Fei's Mom (whose name escapes me at the moment ^^; )
The Gebler
Bishop Stone
*insert random enemy i.e. a Hob* (lol, kidding)
A Gear (Good Luck!)[/i]

*BOUNCES* KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM! Kim Kim Kim!

Okay, done.

And Fei's mother's name was Karen.

And Adam did Weltell silly. You had the picture to show me even!! So it -IS- possible. And he's not 100% if he's bringing that or ID.

Uggh.. sleep.. soon. I dont want to see another felt diamond for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. *grumbles*

There were a few others mentioned but not confirmed yet...

And again, if you know someone that says "Well I'd like to join you but I have a Fei/Citan/Billy/etc costume" please make sure they know they're welcome. Sorry to keep hammering this, but other people have to be out there somewhere... ^_^; [/B][/QUOTE]

Recca-kun
02-03-2003, 02:41 AM
Yeah I know about Adam, I'm just saying if anyone else wants to do one they can but I would be floored if if happened (when I saw Weltall walking towards the BCC I flipped out and ran downstairs, I was talking with my Shuichi at the time lol). For instance I'd love to do a Xenogears costume somehow but I need to find a way for it to actually work and not kill me physically or mentally in the process. ^_^;

psythe
02-03-2003, 07:45 AM
Ok, I guess we will throw a tentative day and time on this gathering ^^v

Otakon 2003 Xenogears Group
Friday, August 8 at 6:00 PM

List Updated 2.03.03
(I just got silly towards the end so ignore the last few, lol, but I think a checklist would be good for those looking for a costume to do)

Alaria = Miang
psythe = Ramsus
Recca-kun = Bart
silentduelist = Kelvena
Friend of Alaria = ID
Friend of Emmy 2 = Citan
Celine = Billy
TyJILDown = Tolone
ryuichi fangirl = Elly
penultimate03 = Maria
Mizuho = Sophia
Iridal = Margie
khamryn = Krelian
Giant Alucard = Fei
? = Rico
? = ChuChu
? = Jessie
? = Sigurd
? = Dominia
? = Abel
? = Kim
? = Zephyr
? = Roni Fatima
? = Rene Fatima
? = Grahf
? = Executioner
? = Khan
? = Karen
? = The Gebler(Gazel Ministry)
? = Renk and Crew
? = Bishop Stone
? = Shakhan
? = Captain of the Thames
? = Hammer
? = Cain
? = Hob Beast
? = Sufal Mass
? = Deus

Edited to add Rico and ChuChu and changed time to 6PM ;)

Recca-kun
02-03-2003, 08:06 AM
Lol, yeah it looks like psythe had some fun there... *Notes that hobs and wels were included but not Rico and ChuChus* ;)

As for the group time, we'll need to make it around 5-7 (4 at the earliest), otherwise people won't have arrived/unpacked/got off work yet. Friday evening seems to have worked in the past (except when there are multiple times being said and people get confused and unhappy... ugh x_x ).

psythe
02-03-2003, 08:09 AM
Good Point, Time changed to 6. And I added Rico and ChuChu *slaps self*

khamryn
02-03-2003, 10:51 AM
Fufu

This doesn't have anything to do with the group but people looking for free characters might have an easier time if its done alphabetically by chara name. :D (I just alphabetized my whole KH list. x.X)

psythe
02-03-2003, 11:02 AM
At work right now, but that's a cool idea, I can see about doing that tonight, or if anyone gets ambitious before I get to it, have a ball and alphabetize it ^_^

khamryn
02-03-2003, 11:31 AM
Psythe- XD I'm bored! ::does it:: wahaha. I repeated the ones that are doing two or may do one or the other to where the other would be in the alphabet. :)

Bart = Recca-kun
Billy = Celine
Citan = Friend of Emmy 2
Elly = ryuichi fangirl
Emeralda/Seraphita = Emeralda
Fei = Giant Alucard
ID or Weltall = Friend of Emmy
ID = Friend of Alaria
Kelvena = silentduelist
Krelian = khamryn
Maria = penultimate03
Margie = Iridal
Miang = Alaria
Ramsus = psythe
Seraphita/Emeralda = Emeralda
Sophia = Mizuho
Tolone = TyJILDown
Weltall or ID = Friend of Emmy

Abel = ?
Bishop Stone = ?
Cain = ?
Captain of the Thames = ?
ChuChu = ?
Deus = ?
Dominia = ?
Executioner = ?
The Gebler(Gazel Ministry) = ?
Grahf = ?
Hammer = ?
Hob Beast = ?
Jessie = ?
Karen = ?
Khan = ?
Kim = ?
Rene Fatima = ?
Renk and Crew = ?
Rico = ?
Roni Fatima = ?
Shakhan = ?
Sigurd = ?
Sufal Mass = ?
Zephyr = ?

psythe
02-03-2003, 12:43 PM
*hi-fives khamryn*

Awesome!! That's much nicer to look at, I will use that one when updating the list from now on.

khamryn
02-03-2003, 02:44 PM
psythe- hehehe np. ^__^ ::high fives back::

Mizuho
02-05-2003, 02:50 AM
Dude.

This Xenogears group is HUGE.

It is going to ROCK!!! ^___^ *Excited*

[Edit:]

Sufal Mass...? :woah: I didn't notice that until now...

SyntaxGlitch
02-05-2003, 05:09 AM
I might as well mention that I've already got a semi-decent Citan costume which I wore to Ohayocon. I'm gonna try and make it to Otakon, but I dunno if you really need another Citan... :p But if you don't mind repeats of incredibly cool characters (:D ) I should be there.

Emeralda
02-05-2003, 10:58 AM
Well, we'd love to have you. Besides, our current Citan keeps threating to cut his hair.. sooooooooo. Either way, find us on Friday.

Celine
02-05-2003, 01:59 PM
Yay, you found this thread! ^_^ I liked your Citan costume, and I think it would be great if you can make it to Otakon and wear it again.

SyntaxGlitch
02-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Well, current plans are to be at Otakon. I can't promise 100%, but I'll definitely try and catch up with you all if I am there. A giant Xenogears group would be too cool by half. :cool:

Though it looks like there's nobody playing Sigurd or Jessiah... pity, I wanted a photo of myself as Citan with one or both of them. :D And they were really cool characters, too...

psythe
02-05-2003, 05:34 PM
Ask around and try and get a Sigurd or Jesiah ^_^ We'd love to have you join us regardless of character! :D

Alaria
02-05-2003, 06:12 PM
O-O wow our group is getting so big!! *dances* yaaay

MrWonderfulToji
02-07-2003, 11:45 AM
back online after a rather disastrous series of events!
then I didn't recieve any emails that anyone had posted, so I thought the thread had died, but decided to check it... anyways.. count me in as a definate for Mighty Joe, or really anyone that you guys need who doesnt have a brutally hard costume *I can't sew, so im going to comission my friend to do it*
so... yea! I'll put out my comission probably in two weeks to ensure its ready by april, so if theres any modifications to be done, they can get done in a nothurry..
btw, im about 6'2, 185 lbs, dark short hair,blue eyes, so if there is someone youguys would rather have around then Mighty Joe, let me know!
sean

Mizuho
02-07-2003, 02:52 PM
*High Fives Mr. WonderfulToji* YEAH!!! We've got a Big Joe! :p

psythe
02-07-2003, 03:19 PM
Big Joe!!! That will be awesome, lol!!

...and Dynamic!!!

MrWonderfulToji
02-08-2003, 01:41 AM
Dynamic with all my body!!!!
and my heart!!!!
sean

Mizuho
02-09-2003, 02:48 AM
Question.... Do we have a day planned for wearing our Xeno costumes? Maybe we can start throwing some ideas up in the air for that....

Recca-kun
02-09-2003, 03:07 AM
Friday afternoon/early evening is the tentative at the moment unless that doesn't work for people...

And fyi we have 20+ people in the group so far! :D

Kurenai
02-09-2003, 12:46 PM
Hey, you guys want a Midori?

psythe
02-09-2003, 09:18 PM
Hell Yes we want a Midori!! :D:D:D

That would be cool!! Whoever comes as Fei has to trade rings with you though :bigtu:

w00t for Midori!

Kurenai
02-09-2003, 09:48 PM
:D ChuChu is my friend....

Giant Alucard
02-10-2003, 08:32 AM
Rings??? Sounds ok if i can find one. I also have to find a pick of Fei so i can get started on his costume. I do have the game, but i dont have the case for it with feis pic in the cover (Trade in game, only one i could find for $5). Dont know when me and my friends plan to get there though since we're traveling from VA. hopfully i will have a good costume since i haven't sewn anything in a couple years and i'll be a little rusty. I may ask my friend to help me brush up on my skills.

psythe
02-10-2003, 09:15 AM
Rings???

hehe, it was a half-joke based on the in-game goal of first WAAAAAAY at the beginning of the game you find Midori's ring in the flower bed at Docs house. Then WAAAAAAY at the end in the Shevat Hideout you give her her ring back in exchange for a Hercules Ring :D

Also Giant Alucard, after Katsucon I can post a good number of Fei images for you from Perfect Works.

Giant Alucard
02-10-2003, 09:30 AM
thanx. For some reason im finally getiting a lot of costumes in the worx for future cons. Besides my fei costume i will have to find the cash for a NINJ4 hoodie cause i'll be going as junpei (or whatever his name is, can't remember it at this moment). I hope i can get my Alucard costume done in time for Katsu though. I have to hope i can get somone to find a pair of yellow round sunglasses and meet me at the con. If i can find somone to do that for me, I'll let them own me for a day or two in return (if it's a girl, if it's a guy i'll pay him with cash, food, crash space, etc; the girl will get all this anyway). I never knew that fei found midoris ring in the game (i'll have to remember that next time i play). Who are you going as to Katsu Psythe, maybe I'll see you there and we could have some fun!?!?

psythe
02-10-2003, 09:39 AM
What night are you getting there GA? Im gonna be there Thursday.

I'll be cosplaying as Reno // FF7 on friday and Chloe // Noir on Saturday, just bummin around on Sunday.

I'll shoot you a PM.

Giant Alucard
02-10-2003, 09:58 AM
Not really sure right now, but i believe we should arrive around 3pm on Friday. My travel group is kind of wierd , so i wont be able to leave til around 11 or 12. But we may get there earlier since our driver has been there a couple times before. for the con i hope to be:
Friday- Seta from love hina with his van (made of card board if it's finished in time)
Saturday- Alucard from Hellsing
Sunday- Nabeshin (if i can find his red coat (*stares evilly at the student next to him wear a red formal coat.........*) I should be online tonight, so be in touch.

ryuichi fangirl
02-10-2003, 06:19 PM
We have a Chu-chu!! Whee!..My friend (Lady Xara) is gonnado her...man I'm good...and I'm currently pestering Caran to do Domina...wish me luck...

LadyXara
02-10-2003, 08:28 PM
Yes...I am gonna do Chu-chu....*cough* It will be interesting lol....Its gonna be hot as you know what though....me and Ryu were thinking I could just hook up some battery operated fans inside the head piece...lol....so if I can't hear anything you guys are saying, just drag me around...^^; Or hit me upside the head....er....wait that could be painful....we'll work on that ^^;

---Lady Xara

Lady
02-11-2003, 02:59 PM
Hmm...6 PM on Friday? *considers* I have another costume planned for Friday, but if the Xeno group is going to be in the evening, I might go ahead and pop on over in my Emeralda outfit. When forte-mari gets back from his big swim meet, I'll see if he'd like to drag out his Billy costume for the evening. Iridal and I might be able to talk Kaitou into donning her Elly outfit, too.

Are there any tentative plans for where to have everyone meet up? I know in 2002 they used the lobby area (over on the skywalk side of the building) for a photo area. So since the group is so huge, maybe meeting there would work out? I can grab one of my old maps and scan in a picture of the area I'm talking about if it might help*nods*

-Lady

ryuichi fangirl
02-11-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by LadyXara
Yes...I am gonna do Chu-chu....*cough* It will be interesting lol....Its gonna be hot as you know what though....me and Ryu were thinking I could just hook up some battery operated fans inside the head piece...lol....so if I can't hear anything you guys are saying, just drag me around...^^; Or hit me upside the head....er....wait that could be painful....we'll work on that ^^;

---Lady Xara

Aww...no fair LX!! If you get to put me on a leash I should AT LEAST get to hit you in the head once..err...twice...and I'm kinda starting to hope the zipper does get stuck..lol..I think it'd hilarious..XD..*runs*

LadyXara
02-11-2003, 06:53 PM
Ha ha funny Ryu...hey the only reason you are goin on a leash is cause you keep getting "misplaced" . How that happens I'm not quite sure...and if my zipper gets stuck I swear you will have an irate Chu-chu on your hands and I will find something heavy to swing at you while you laugh!! *LOL* Bum. *winks*

On another note...I'm wondering where we are meeting also...any ideas? I like Lady's suggestion...though this will be my first Otakon so I may get lost lol...^^; Ryu don't laugh cos if we get lost I am donating you to the first person who gives us directions ^^;

Recca-kun
02-11-2003, 07:53 PM
Lady: The lobby area with the couches (2F) or the ground floor (1F at bottom of escalators)? That could work; my other thoughts are the area where pre-reg used to be and dealer's line was last year with the ship and the area where pre-reg was last year on Camden Yards' side, but those usually seem to be gatherings for other groups at those times. Up on 4F outside main events/photo suite would be cool with the mini-stage if we could get it, but inevitably some event would be going on or people will have trouble finding it.

Whatever is accessible to the Gears and mascot characters is fine by me. There are elevators at all entrances which will help somewhat.

*Imagines Weltall or Chu-Chu surfing through Baltimore on the back of a truck to get to the BCC* (Don't try that at home kids!)

LadyXara
02-11-2003, 10:25 PM
LOL...riding on the back of a truck....ne, I wish. Supposedly the hotel we are staying in is 3 blocks away...a truck might come in handy ^^; *ponders* Hm....

---Lady Xara---

Recca-kun
02-11-2003, 11:47 PM
Wyndham/Raddison, I take it? Do you at least have a van? Or possibly hapless friends to help carry costume parts if at all possible? :(

Anytime outside of the BCC it's most likely going to be hot and humid, so the less time outside the better IMO...

Lady
02-12-2003, 01:01 PM
I snagged an image from the BCC's website. The area I'm talking about is the Charles Street Lobby. If you're in the lobby, and you go up the escalator or stairs, you'll have access to the walkway linking to the Hyatt and Sheraton*nods* I hope that helps give an idea of where this area is. And here's a picture, too!

-Lady

Erilan
02-12-2003, 07:53 PM
Count me in the group! I'll be the greatest Albedo EVER. :bigtu:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=21384&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

ryuichi fangirl
02-12-2003, 09:32 PM

Ha ha funny Ryu...hey the only reason you are goin on a leash is cause you keep getting "misplaced" . How that happens I'm not quite sure...and if my zipper gets stuck I swear you will have an irate Chu-chu on your hands and I will find something heavy to swing at you while you laugh!! *LOL* Bum. *winks*

On another note...I'm wondering where we are meeting also...any ideas? I like Lady's suggestion...though this will be my first Otakon so I may get lost lol...^^; Ryu don't laugh cos if we get lost I am donating you to the first person who gives us directions ^^;

Hey!!..It's not MY fault you went in the wrong direction!...and if you call my mother the next time Chu-chu is sleeping in the car...

Wyndham/Raddison, I take it? Do you at least have a van? Or possibly hapless friends to help carry costume parts if at all possible?

Anytime outside of the BCC it's most likely going to be hot and humid, so the less time outside the better IMO...

Ahh..if I must use my current vehicle, I have a minivan...but if we can afford it we may just rent something....hey I was thinkin' I'd attach a rope to the back of the car and put her butt on some rollerscates and go w/ it...lol

LadyXara
02-12-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by ryuichi fangirl
Hey!!..It's not MY fault you went in the wrong direction!...and if you call my mother the next time Chu-chu is sleeping in the car...

Ahh..if I must use my current vehicle, I have a minivan...but if we can afford it we may just rent something....hey I was thinkin' I'd attach a rope to the back of the car and put her butt on some rollerscates and go w/ it...lol

Har har....I will not sleep in the car....bum. *winks*
It's your fault anywayz...stop getting "misplaced."

*lol*

:eek: You can't tie me to the VAN! I will not be pulled on WHEELS!!!! *cry* What if we get pulled over by a cop...how do I explain THAT one? *dies* That'd be an interesting mug shot...lol

---Lady Xara---

ryuichi fangirl
02-12-2003, 10:10 PM
Har har....I will not sleep in the car....bum. *winks*
It's your fault anywayz...stop getting "misplaced."

*lol*

:eek: You can't tie me to the VAN! I will not be pulled on WHEELS!!!! *cry* What if we get pulled over by a cop...how do I explain THAT one? *dies* That'd be an interesting mug shot...lol

---Lady Xara---

XD..yes very interesting mug shot...it was your fault! You got on the damn elevator!! I didn't know where you went!!....and this time you have to get the free pocky.....just watch out my revenge for having to carry your tail is coming...don't trip...*snickt*

Recca-kun
02-13-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Erilan
Count me in the group! I'll be the greatest Albedo EVER. :bigtu: Haha awesome, the first Xenosaga person in the group! Too bad I can't clone myself for purposes of cosplaying two things at once (that way I could do both Bart and chaos for the shoot). :(

11 Days, 14 Hours, 50 Minutes to D-Day by my clock. :D

Recca-kun
02-14-2003, 03:57 PM
*Updates the list while waiting for a ride back to Katsucon*

Xenogears
-------------
Bart = Recca-kun
Billy = Celine
Citan = Friend of Emmy 2
Citan = SyntaxGlitch
Chu-Chu = LadyXara
Elly = ryuichi fangirl
Emeralda/Seraphita = Emeralda
Fei = Giant Alucard
ID or Weltall = Friend of Emmy
ID = Friend of Alaria
Kelvena = silentduelist
Krelian = khamryn
Maria = penultimate03
Margie = Iridal
Miang = Alaria
Midori = Kurenai
Mighty Joe = MrWonderfulToji
Ramsus = psythe
Seraphita/Emeralda = Emeralda
Sophia = Mizuho
Tolone = TyJILDown
Weltall or ID = Friend of Emmy

Xenosaga
------------
Albedo - Erilan

--------------------

Once Xenosaga is out and more people are interested we'll have more there (10 days 8 hours by my clock).

Lady: Should I put your crew down for a tentative yes?

Lady
02-15-2003, 02:26 PM
Yeah, go ahead and put us as a tentative yes*nods* Hopefully I'll get a chance to talk to Kaitou and forte-mari soon. I'm pretty sure they'd like to join in.

*sweatdrops*However, Lady is very very bad, and I'm considering going as an elemental version of either Sigurd or Jesiah*eyes swirl*

-Lady

Kaitou
02-15-2003, 11:36 PM
I'm here now. Anyone who cares, this is my Elly, from last Otakon:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=5410&papass=&sort=1&thecat=998

Anyone want me in?

Lady
02-15-2003, 11:40 PM
Hai hai! Wanted the Kaitou is! So now I just need to ask forte-mari, and decide if I'm going to go as Emeralda or Elemental Sigurd*nods*

-Lady

Erilan
02-17-2003, 02:55 AM
Woo! We might have a few more Xenosaga characters for the group. These aren't guaranteed yet, but will happen more than likely.
Two KOS-MOS! One with the normal red eyes, and one with the blue hyper-mode(or whatever) eyes. :p
We'll also have a Shion, that girl with the long purple hair, and possibly a MOMO and chaos. When the game comes out, we'll be able to figure things out. :p

MrWonderfulToji
02-17-2003, 07:56 PM
Kaitou! I stalked you around otakon last year, but dont think I talked to you, I was so in awe that there was a Xenogears cosplayer, I did snap one long range shot of you I think though..
either way.. utterly AWESOME costume! and is anyone else really excited to meet with the rest of the group??
sean

LadyXara
02-17-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by MrWonderfulToji
Kaitou! I stalked you around otakon last year, but dont think I talked to you, I was so in awe that there was a Xenogears cosplayer, I did snap one long range shot of you I think though..
either way.. utterly AWESOME costume! and is anyone else really excited to meet with the rest of the group??
sean

I can't wait it sounds like its gonna be awesome!! the group is HUGE...LOL Gonna be an interesting photoshoot....^^ I'll have my camera ready that's for sure....how I'm going to take a picture in a giant pink and white fluffy animal I have no idea lol

Kaitou
02-18-2003, 01:03 AM
sean

Were you the one who followed me down the escalator chanting the opening speech of Disc 2? ^^;;;;;;;;;;;;

MrWonderfulToji
02-19-2003, 01:42 PM
lol, no, I was a kinda tall toji, I did shake my fist and yell "STAND TALL AND SHAKE THE HEAVENS!!!" fairly frequently though.

Kurenai
02-19-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Kaitou
Were you the one who followed me down the escalator chanting the opening speech of Disc 2? ^^;;;;;;;;;;;;

Creepy. If it's not Katsu, bring a Chaos Rod ^^;;; People like that take the fun outta cosplaying.

Kaitou
02-20-2003, 12:02 AM
I mean, i didn't mind, it was just, QUIT FOLLOWING ME. It was nice too, I mean as far as I know I'm the only current Elly on the cosplay circuit, and people seemed to think I pulled her off well, which was a surprise.

Ah yes Toji, NOW I remember you. I think you made me almost spill my water i was carrying. ^^;;;;

Giant Alucard
02-20-2003, 09:32 AM
I'm Think that I may also cosplay as ID if I can figure out a way to make the costume. The only way I can see right no is to make it using Black Spandex and adding stuff on top of it. It may work, but spandex is expensive i think, and I'm not sure if i'll like all the girls there staring at me like they can see through my suit (happened once, strange expierience to say the least). IF i can't make it i'll just stick to my fei costume.

psythe
02-20-2003, 09:44 AM
WOW. I haven't been back to this thread in awhile. This group is gonna need half a hall to hold the photoshoot! Good to see so many people joining in and the more the merrier! I have a trip for next month but after that it's full throttle to get my Ramsus costume together for AX and OTA.

Thanks for the new list update Recca ^_^

I can't wait to meet you all :D

psythe
02-20-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Erilan
Count me in the group! I'll be the greatest Albedo EVER. :bigtu:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=21384&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

Well as far as I know you'll be the FIRST Albedo ever, so not much to challenge ya :p lol

Recca-kun
02-20-2003, 11:44 AM
So he gets to set the standard! ;)

4 1/2 days!

psythe
02-20-2003, 01:37 PM
So he gets to set the standard! ;)

4 1/2 days!

CANT WAIT!! XD!!

MrWonderfulToji
02-21-2003, 01:24 AM
many apologies kaitou!
ill have to bring you a water at otakon...
*as an aside, my brother is buying xenosaga.. but its his first rpg since phantasy star III, I dont see it going well for him..*
sean

Kaitou
02-21-2003, 05:50 PM
I'm glad someone is doing a Sophia...although I'm afraid next to her and our other Elly I'll look QUITE odd!

ryuichi fangirl
02-22-2003, 06:22 PM
Kaitou: how will you look odd? ( I am SO slow today...)

Kaitou
02-23-2003, 12:12 AM
I'm extremely tall; 6'1''. I'll tower over the other ELly and Mother Sophia! ^_^

ryuichi fangirl
02-23-2003, 08:06 AM
OH...wow you are way taller than me...lol...okies I understand now ^^;;

Mizuho
02-23-2003, 10:44 AM
*Pounce* Kaitou-chan ^__^ I am 5'8", it will be an honor to be short next to you!

MrWonderfulToji
02-23-2003, 09:34 PM
im 6'2" maybe more now, Mighty Joe shall be a tower.
A tower of mascuilinity and machismo, but most of all arrogance.
Man, I love that guy.
sean

psythe
02-24-2003, 07:45 AM
Kahr Ramsus will = 5'9" :D

Giant Alucard
02-24-2003, 08:11 AM
Thats not too bad Kaitou.
Fei Fon Wong will = 6'9

Kaitou
02-24-2003, 09:10 AM
im 6'2" maybe more now, Mighty Joe shall be a tower.
A tower of mascuilinity and machismo, but most of all arrogance.
Man, I love that guy.
sean

LOL, yay Mighty Joe!!!!!!!

I'm gonna try to think about getting my fiance to dress up as Fei, but since I'd have to make it, and I already have to do our Suikoden costumes....bah.

khamryn
02-24-2003, 11:42 AM
>.>

Speaking of heights...... how tall is Krelian? ::Wondering if I'll need platforms or not, probably will.. is 5'4".. lol. ^_^::

Recca-kun
02-24-2003, 02:07 PM
Blargh, remind me to get Perfect Works this weekend. ^_^;

I'm 6' so I'll be fine for Bart, I just need to gain 20 pounds of muscle! ^_^;

On the other hand I'm about 3-4 inches taller than chaos but otherwise have his frame already... hmm...

Edit- Kham: 184cm, you might want platforms... ^_^;

psythe
02-24-2003, 02:48 PM
Hey Recca I have PW at home, but maybe you could tell me now. How tall is Ramsus stated as being?

Iridal
02-24-2003, 03:21 PM
*grins* Margie's short, and so am I. Though I naturally gravitate to short characters to adore, it's nice to know I can cosplay them height-wise as well.

^____^

khamryn
02-24-2003, 03:49 PM
Recca- 6' x.x yeah I need platforms. ::did the conversion to it.::

Caryn
02-24-2003, 07:16 PM
^^;; Sorry, I didn't read the whole thread (I've read tons and tons of long threads today *is worn out*) But could you by any chance use an Elly in this costume? http://www.ffextreme.com/xe/wpaper/01-1024.jpg

I might be able to do that for Otakon...

Emeralda
02-24-2003, 07:52 PM
We have Elly as Mother Sophia... but we don't have Elly as she is with Kim! >.> We don't have a Kim for that matter ;_; And that makes me a very sad nanocolony. Hmmmnnnnnn.. maybe I'll slap Adam in a lab coat.. tehehehehe.

Caryn
02-24-2003, 09:29 PM
Could you use her? I'm deciding between this and the FFIX group...honestly I'd rather do this costume if you want it. I'd just need a full-length piccy...

LadyXara
02-24-2003, 10:47 PM
Blargh, remind me to get Perfect Works this weekend. ^_^;

I'm 6' so I'll be fine for Bart, I just need to gain 20 pounds of muscle! ^_^;

On the other hand I'm about 3-4 inches taller than chaos but otherwise have his frame already... hmm...

Edit- Kham: 184cm, you might want platforms... ^_^;

LOL...well Chu Chu will be about 5' 2 1/2" ^^ I have to be technical and all, as I truly hate being short sometimes...though not in large crowds...I can slide between peeps and they never see me *Yeah* :skidude2:

Recca-kun
02-24-2003, 10:51 PM
Caryn - By all means if you would like to be her anyway we certainly could! As far as full pictures go I'll have to look around, as I don't know if there are any official ones (anyone have a sprite screencap? ^_^; ).

heki-chan
02-25-2003, 12:23 AM
my sister and i are planning on completing KOSMOS (her) and M.O.M.O. (me^^) for Otakon^_^ Erilan is hellbent on doing a Xenosaga group, so we will try :)

annnnd whtelse...o. my sister's bf is being Jr. (the little redhead^^) LOL

annnd yeah. LOL

*bounces off*

~heki

Kaitou
02-25-2003, 12:46 AM
I don't know if a full-length shot of Zeboim-era Elly exists...but I can certainly look thru my Perfect Works when my fiance digs it out and see.

And guys, really just say so if you don't need a duplicate Elly. ^^; I think I'm the only double so far.

Recca-kun
02-25-2003, 01:38 AM
heki-chan: Awesome, the only bad part is it makes me want to cosplay chaos more and I keep shifting with costume plans. I'd love to still be able to make him but I'd want him to have the most time (I want to have him be as perfect as possible) and we'll have to see how much other costumes get in the way. ^_^;

Kaitou: Didn't Zeboim Elly have a nurse outfit to compliment Kim in the lab coat (or maybe that was just my imagination)?

My original thought was to get as many Xeno people together as possible, and while having a large cast is great the last thing I want is for people to feel excluded on something like having two people dress as the same character. We have two Citans, I would imagine two to three Billys, maybe even two to three Ids (I've personally never seen even one before), so if you would still be interested you're by all means welcome.

Emeralda
02-25-2003, 01:46 AM
Recca: Zeboim Elly does wear a nurse's outfit, and I'm pretty sure there was a picture of her in Perfect Works. *goes to the bookshelf*

Possible picture on pg: 242 or in the ETC. section, pg: 274

MrWonderfulToji
02-25-2003, 02:02 AM
its been a while, but i recall her looking much like sophia but with a long white coat, and a kinda bland style white outfit, if you can understand me at all. Lord knows I can't.
Anyway, to be relevent. what material should mighty joe's pants and coat be made out of, you think hes a leather man, or a fabric fella?
sean

Mizuho
02-25-2003, 03:52 AM
Don't worry about doubles.... It's okay if we have two Sophias. :)

Speaking of Sophia.... Does anyone remember for sure what the bottom of Mother Sophia's dress looked like? Does it puff out a little, like a ball gown, or is it fairly straight, like a Clergy Gown? ^^;

psythe
02-25-2003, 07:33 AM
Don't worry about doubles.... It's okay if we have two Sophias. :)

Speaking of Sophia.... Does anyone remember for sure what the bottom of Mother Sophia's dress looked like? Does it puff out a little, like a ball gown, or is it fairly straight, like a Clergy Gown? ^^;

I'm fairly certain it is Clergy Gown style.

psythe
02-25-2003, 07:35 AM
As for anyone worried about doubles.....I know certain groups like to state no doubles, and want to get as much of the unique cast as possible.

But this is our Xeno group :D and we just wanna see the largest group of Xeno cosplay ever and have a killer photoshoot for it all. Doubles are fine. Triples are fine. I could care less if we had 10 Chu Chu's running around O_o;;;;;

Just bring your Xeno costume and don't worry about having a twin :bigtu:

w00t for Xeno group ^_^

---Commander Ramsus

psythe
02-25-2003, 07:37 AM
its been a while, but i recall her looking much like sophia but with a long white coat, and a kinda bland style white outfit, if you can understand me at all. Lord knows I can't.
Anyway, to be relevent. what material should mighty joe's pants and coat be made out of, you think hes a leather man, or a fabric fella?
sean

I would honestly try to make the pants look leather :bigtu: The coat I'm not sure of but probably leather looking to match.

psythe
02-25-2003, 07:39 AM
Recca: Zeboim Elly does wear a nurse's outfit, and I'm pretty sure there was a picture of her in Perfect Works. *goes to the bookshelf*

Possible picture on pg: 242 or in the ETC. section, pg: 274

Wai! Caryn do Mother Sophia if you want to, we don't mind having two Great Mothers around ^_^

But if you at all feel like doing Zeboim-era Elly like Recca and Emmy stated, perhaps we can find a Kim to compliment that costume as well.

Caryn
02-25-2003, 09:10 AM
^_^ Thanks psythe! Hmm, can anyone scan that piccy so I can see? If ya can't then I'll be a repeat Mother Sophia ^^

Giant Alucard
02-25-2003, 09:21 AM
evils twins running around and taking over the con. ohh the possiblities.

psythe
02-25-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Caryn
^_^ Thanks psythe! Hmm, can anyone scan that piccy so I can see? If ya can't then I'll be a repeat Mother Sophia ^^

I'll scan them in tonight along with some more Krelian sketches for Khamryn. ^_^v

psythe
02-25-2003, 09:25 AM
evils twins running around and taking over the con. ohh the possiblities.

Well Fei did suffer from Multiple Personality Disorder O_o;;;

Giant Alucard
02-25-2003, 09:31 AM
lol!!!!
yeah thats right, I forgot about that.

Caryn
02-25-2003, 10:59 AM
I'll scan them in tonight along with some more Krelian sketches for Khamryn. ^_^v

Thanks a lot ^__^ I really appreciate it!

Mizuho
02-26-2003, 12:55 AM
In case you wanted a Sophia screenshot, I FINALLY have one for you:

http://www.xgam.org/img-archive/psm_ingame/034.jpg

I had to rape the Xenogears board at GameFAQs for this! I'm SO happy I finally found it-- I thought I'd save you (or anyone else who wanted to cosplay as Sophia!) the trouble of trying to find it. :)

Kaitou
02-26-2003, 01:24 AM
Ok, I'll do it. AFter all, I have my Elly costume, and someone at Otakon last year did say I was the closest he'd ever seen to a 'perfect' Elly...so why the hell not. LOL

Mizuho
02-26-2003, 01:42 AM
Which Elly are you going to be for Otakon, Kaitou-san? The Zeboim Elly, or did I misread? ^^;; I'm just curious :D You do make an AWESOME Elly!

Oh yeah, is that a wig or your real hair in your avatar? :thumbsup:

psythe
02-26-2003, 07:20 AM
Gomen....got sidetracked and forgot to scan in Citan, Krelian, and Zeboim Elly sketches.....will get to it tonight ^_^v

Kaitou
02-26-2003, 11:15 PM
Which Elly are you going to be for Otakon, Kaitou-san? The Zeboim Elly, or did I misread? ^^;; I'm just curious :D You do make an AWESOME Elly!

Oh yeah, is that a wig or your real hair in your avatar? :thumbsup:

Normal Elly. I would make Zeboim era if I didn't have my Suikoden and Queen Emeraldas costumes to make. As for the hair, thats a wig. My hair is red (well, red-gold) but i didn't want to cut bangs, lol.

Yui
02-27-2003, 12:17 AM
Whew...well, somebody ruined the surprise, so I'll just officially announce here that I'm doing young Krelian at ACen -- and should I have enough money to get to Otakon after AX, I will definitely bring him with.

And -that's- just so peeps stop bugging me to be Yui >_<*

khamryn
02-27-2003, 01:07 AM
Yui- Muaha! ::Will molest for pics:: ~_^ nothin harmful don't worry. I'll just make you pose. ::lol::

Yui
02-27-2003, 01:43 AM
No problem....no pose can be more more odd than some of the Katsucon ones O_o

Which reminds me...I will now go scan in some full-length shots of some of us obscure characters. Please stand by.

Kirschwasser
02-27-2003, 11:00 AM
Wow, that's so cool that you guys are doing Xenogears cosplay. Hardly anybody cosplays as Xenogears chara's. ^_^ I'm going to cosplay as Xenosaga's Kirschwasser, but this is for Anime Expo '03 in Anaheim, CA. Are any of you guys going to AX'03?
Oh yeah, speaking of Xenogears, I am planning to go as Kelvina for AX '04. ;)

psythe
02-27-2003, 11:11 AM
Yay for Kelvena! I dunno who Kirschwasser is, buuut I'm sure I will soon enough.....NO SPOILERS PLZ! ^_^v

Actually yes, I know for sure that I will have my Kahr Ramsus costume ready for AX03 and Alaria is going to have Miang as well...Solarians rule!!

aaaand I think Emmy is going to be O_o Emeralda? although I'm not sure....mebbe they can post and tell you.

Welcome to the boards! ^^;

Kirschwasser
02-27-2003, 11:17 AM
Oh, so you are going to be at AX '03? (And you are going to be Ramsus?) Awsome! That's great that there will be some Xenogears folks at AX '03. I can't wait! *Hey, when I'm there, I'll be sure to take pictures w/ you guys* ;)
Yay for Xeno cosplayers! ^_^
Thanks for the warm welcome. *happy*

psythe
02-27-2003, 11:22 AM
Hai ^_^ I'm not sure what day we will be in Xeno costume, I wanna try to get all the Xeno costumes on the same day, but I'll be sure to let you know closer to the con.

Alaria
02-27-2003, 12:17 PM
Hallo Kirchwasser! ^^ Hai I'd love to take pics with u too, all xeno-ed out. What else will u be taking to AX 03?

Mizuho
02-27-2003, 02:54 PM
I can't wait to see the Ramsus and Miang costumes. ^_____^

khamryn
02-28-2003, 03:59 AM
Yui- ::Chuckles.:: I try not to go for weird poses unless I know you. ^_^

Giant Alucard
02-28-2003, 08:53 AM
The one cosplay group, TO RULE THEM ALL!!!!

psythe
02-28-2003, 09:08 AM
hehe, I'm going to be creating a banner with Ramsus for the XenOtakon 2K3 group. If I can get a source file made I can make everyone a sig banner for the group with their character featured :D

Would you all want a custom sig image like that?

khamryn
02-28-2003, 09:18 AM
Psythe- Ooooo *_* Give me more excuses to practice newly gained Photoshop knowledge!! Hehehehe. What's the sig requirement? ~_^ As an OT thing I told my friend you're doing Ramsus and she looked extremely happy. ^_^ Hehehe.