PDA

View Full Version : Sakura Staff

ChibiRinoa
12-10-2002, 09:28 PM
a friend of mine wants to cosplay as Card Captor Sakura, but needs a staff. She wants to buy one off of a website but i did a search and didnt come up with much...does anyone reccomend anything?

also, is there a way to make it???

Sana-chan
12-11-2002, 08:42 AM
The official ones are kinda bobo methinks cuz they're not inscale. You can, however make one. I cosplayed Sakura at AX 01 and my wand thing (season 1 wand that is) was hand made. Basically all it was was a pvc pipe thing with pink fabric wrapped around, gold fabric on the bottom and filled with plushed for the shape and then the bottom of a pink easter egg (lol I'm cheap), for the top... it was made out of plush, fabric, and cardboard (for the wings). Be sure to secure it well enough or it'll become weak, as proven when some of my friends had a little too much fun with that wand @_@. But anyway lol my hand made wand got a lot of attention at AX01 and looked great in pictures. I hope this helps ^_^.

cutekawaii
12-11-2002, 06:57 PM
I can make you one ^_^ I'd make it out of resin and plastic, painted and coated with a shiny laquer.

You can check out my commission store here for examples of my work: http://CygneNoir.net

Miroku
12-12-2002, 01:27 AM
You could probably make it yourself. I would suggest wood. Get a dowel rod from Home Depot. The first staff would probably be easier to make than the one with the star on it, but not impossible. Heck, yknow what, Ill volunteer to make one for you if you want. That would be a fun challenge. Ive made costume props out of wood before, and this wouldnt be much different. Let me know if that sounds okay.

ChibiRinoa
12-13-2002, 07:57 AM
wow! really?? you would!!!:bouncer: my fried is so super excited now!

Miroku
12-13-2002, 10:27 AM
Sure, why not. You would have to tell me which staff, and exactly what size you want it to be. And I would need some time to do it. But yeah, that would be a fun challenge for me. Just let me know.

Miaka No Baka
12-13-2002, 12:41 PM
they do make a scale version of the wand. I own it. I bought mine from wizzywig.com I don't know if they still carry it. I paid $100 for mine. Another company beaman co had it at the last con I went to and they wanted 50 for it. But since that wand was made back in 1998 or 1999 it might be hard to find. But it came with the key and the key is a real heavy metal key too not some cheap ghetto plastic one. ^_^;

Miaka no Baka

Sciguy
01-01-2003, 06:51 PM
they no longer seem to carry it. I just checked