PDA

View Full Version : General overview for those who can't go (juicy, drooling infos please)

Marychan
08-14-2004, 02:50 AM
It sucks to be born in the end of the month. How ironic that its the month after Yaoi-con. Goes off and mopes. :waaaah:

:blubber: Iím back.

Iíll be 17 when the next Yaoi-con starts. So those of you who have attend the con please be so kind to give an overall summary, the best part, the events. :razz:

If I canít go then I at least want to know as much about it as possible. If you have pictures please mention it in your post so I can see all the great Yaoi cosplayer. If you have FAKE cosplayer, youíll make me the happiest girl in the world. :thumbsup:

Please post anything, anything I thirst for knowledge, I thirst for yaoi, I thirst for bisohnen, I thirst for man and man action. YAY to YAOI.

Eurobeat King
08-14-2004, 12:53 PM
DarkMistress: Sorry to hear that you can't make it, but Yaoi-con will be here next year (pretty sure) so just hang on until then, and you'll attend your first y-con before you know it. :) Please keep checking the forums here, and you've already read the other threads regarding yaoi n' stuff, and I'm sure there will be a lot of new threads & posts AFTER the con has ended, including a thread for you to see my pics from the con, as well as other members' pics, and their con-reports. ;)

NOTE: If other members who read this find out they aren't able to or can't attend Yaoi-con, please post HERE to say you can't make it, wish everyone who is to have a fun time, and to request any pictures, reports, etc. Do not make a new thread, and just keep it condensed into this one. Thanks!

Marychan
08-14-2004, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE=Eurobeat King]DarkMistress: Sorry to hear that you can't make it, but Yaoi-con will be here next year (pretty sure) so just hang on until then, and you'll attend your first y-con before you know it. :) Please keep checking the forums here, and you've already read the other threads regarding yaoi n' stuff, and I'm sure there will be a lot of new threads & posts AFTER the con has ended, including a thread for you to see my pics from the con, as well as other members' pics, and their con-reports. ;)

But I thought Yaoi-con has already taken place at the end of June or early July. Or is it later on in the year?

Eurobeat King
08-14-2004, 11:34 PM
xDarkMistressx: Yaoicon always happens in the fall, usually in october. It was Yuricon 2003 that took place in June last year, and that was the one & only time.. So THIS October, 29-31, would you be still 17 or are you already 18? If you are, you might possibly make it to Yaoi-con 2004! :)

Marychan
08-17-2004, 08:28 PM
Thanks Eurobeat for the clarification, I'm such a baka. Maybe it was Yuri-con, had I known that I whould of started the thread after the con had ended, oh well.

Acually I'm turing 17 this November and I was hoping I chould attend next year. What do you know the con is in October, a month before I turn 18 next year. Ahhh someone out to torture me.

Well that makes alot more sence in the absent of replies. Well I'll be checking on this post after the con ends, I hope you guys take the time to give a general overview of the con for me.

Have fun and Be safe,
Goes off to mop.

BlackMarth
08-17-2004, 10:00 PM
I'm 18, but I live in NJ...can't make it. I'm very devastated, because my absolute most favorite yaoi artist and one of my inspirations is going to BE there...

If someone can, I'd love to pay for an autograph, and see pictures of her, she has been very good at concealing what she looks like.

xXBlack_MageXx
10-23-2004, 12:52 AM
Don't feel so bad XDarkMistressX. I gotta wait 3 whole years before I'm even allowed to go. And my friend keeps taunting me because he can! :waaaah:

jetspectacular
10-23-2004, 02:04 AM
I'm getting ready to write a full report about the Yamane panel and I'm dying to see Jo Chen too. I'm also part of one of hte FAKE cosplay gorups ^.^'' i'll be sure to report~ *salutes*

and I feel your pain. The first time I was *ever* to visit San Fansisco was when my family went college hunting (for my older brothers) I was in Nihon Machi the first day of the first ever Ycon.. and i was underage too ;_; It seemed like a once in a lifetime chance..

now I'm old enough and woah thankfully, i've been working since september so I gots me some $$ >:D

just be cool, and save your money, ohohoho

DayDreamerNessa
10-23-2004, 05:15 PM
nya im sort of going at least hanging out in the lobby, or go into my friends hotel rooms, who are old enough and are staying on saturday oh well tis better than not going period *sigh* just one year too short right now ~_~

it'd be awesome if i somehow finished yukishiro enishi crossplay, but it might not be likely for yaoi-con at least.

but i'll be sure to take pics cause im sure there'll be yaoi action all over the hotel and not in the concentrated areas where 18+ attendee's is going to be =D

Marychan
10-25-2004, 05:23 PM
I'm getting ready to write a full report about the Yamane panel and I'm dying to see Jo Chen too. I'm also part of one of hte FAKE cosplay gorups ^.^'' i'll be sure to report~ *salutes*

and I feel your pain. The first time I was *ever* to visit San Fansisco was when my family went college hunting (for my older brothers) I was in Nihon Machi the first day of the first ever Ycon.. and i was underage too ;_; It seemed like a once in a lifetime chance..

now I'm old enough and woah thankfully, i've been working since september so I gots me some $$ >:D

just be cool, and save your money, ohohoho

I will be waiting for your report. :D YAY TO FAKE.

Marychan
11-01-2004, 09:10 PM
So my fellow yaoi fan cosplayers, Yaoi-con has ended. I will now sit and wait patiently to hear about your experiences.

jetspectacular
11-01-2004, 11:55 PM
give us a few days x.x
(insert random, southpark-like DEATH here)