PDA

View Full Version : A question (more of a problem...)

GoddessRaven
08-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Hi all I have this problem you see and it's with strech marks.

Now I'm not as "chubby" as I used to be but I still have these blasted things and it's so bad that my strech marks look like bad wounds (except no bleeding) Does any one know of a way to get rid of them? Ive tried Vitamin E oil and this type of cream that gets rid of strech marks but no luck. Should I see a doctor? I have no idea what to do... help!

Parasaurolophus
08-14-2004, 08:39 PM
Hi,
I don't have stretch marks, but I do have some pretty heavy scars on my knees from surgery, and the technique's the same. Sadly enough, the skin is different w/ scars (and i would assume stretch marks too), so you can never really get rid of them. The best you can do is to minimize the impact and get them to blend in. This takes time (years for me), in my experience, though you might be able to speed the process:

1. Vitamin E and moisturizers are good- keep applying them- it helps to "soften" the tissue up, so it it lies flatter
2. Extra sunscreen! From what i've heard, this is pretty sensitive skin, and is affected more by sun. Of course, if you only put sunscreen on your marks, it;ll be noticable, so just wear sunscreen everywhere :)
3. There are silicone strips (you can buy them over the counter) that supposedly help to flatten scars out. They do work, but again, w/ conjunction of time, so you can't slap em on a month before a con and expect the marks to be gone.

I tend to form Keloids, which are really raised scars- (they would break open sometimes, and often looked like little worms-ugh.) and only within the past few years, have my knees looked more "normal". You can definately still tell, but only if you are looking at my knees. THe small spot scars are almost gone now. I chalk it up to having an interesting life, and don't really stress about it.

As a last resort, i suppose you could put makeup over them, to blend them into the skin, but I would say maintain them, and they'll eventually fade.
Good luck! its not easy being scarred ;)

GoddessRaven
08-14-2004, 09:30 PM
Thank you very much! I appreciate your time!

Parasaurolophus
08-14-2004, 09:36 PM
Thank you very much! I appreciate your time!

Eh- no problem- :) I was supposed to be writing a paper, so it was kind of welcome to write about something else!

But ultimately, it shouldn't really matter. I doubt that any of the chars Ill do had knee surgery, so if someone has a problem with the ol' scars, too bad! :cool:

Of course, you could highlight them, and go as someone who got lacerated- make the scars work for you!

aaobuttons
08-15-2004, 02:02 AM
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=40320

Here ya go.