PDA

View Full Version : Need a room at the Con Hotel for AnimeIowa?

John_B_00
08-15-2004, 03:55 AM
Hiya guys, I don't think I've posted on this thread yet, so I thought I'd pop in and say hi. As well as ask a few questions. I've noticed that alotta people can't find a room at the Fort Hotel. Well, I've had some friends drop out of this con and now I am left with one too many quads at this place. I was wondering if anyone is looking to fill up that space. I could have just cancelled the room and left it for the lucky guy or gal who happened to need a room at the last minute, but I thought I would try to offer it up to you guys first. I know it sucks to have to run between hotels and from what hear, any hotel near the con is filled too. So after consulting my roomates, we're pretty sure that we're gonna put the room up for auction to help pay our costuming and chinese food fix. I damn near feel like a scalper standing outside Wrigley field, but heres the details: The room includes 2 queen beds, and is a smoking room. It is reserved for 4 people, for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night (checking out on Sunday). Our starting bid is 500 Gil.. err.. dollars. I hope we can help someone out, because otherwise we're stuck with a really big party palace that we can't pay for. ^^; If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at John_B_00@yahoo.com . And put Anime Hotel Room or somethin in the Subject line... I get alotta spam. >.<
My second question is... Is anyone else goin to this con with FFXI Costumes? My group and I have a Whitemage, Blackmage, and Bard in Artifact Armor if anyone wants to hang out. It doesn't really matter who you cosplay though, we can still hang out. We've never been to this con, and don't know anyone, but I'm lookin to make some good friends. Hopefully with our new "roomates".
My last question is quite simple. I've heard rumors of beer... beer, true?
Thanks alot! Hope to talk to you guys soon!
Meitao

John_B_00
08-16-2004, 06:58 PM
Ok.. sorry if anyone was interested in this, but this whole thing is scalping and I was an ass to do it in the first place, the reservations we're dropped for someone who was waiting patiently on the waiting list.