PDA

View Full Version : Eye brow bleaching?

scarlet
08-16-2004, 01:14 AM
When it comes to make up, I am a total newbie. Well, the next cheracter I am cosplaying is blonde. I am going to get a wig for the hair, but I realized that it might look odd if i have dark eye brows. So, i want to ask if there is anyway that i can make my eyebrows lighter in colour without actual bleaching? Stull like eye brow pencils?

abellabella
08-16-2004, 02:06 AM
perhaps sprays at party stores, they have special ones for your hair (which wash out), that could work. Or even colored masquera but that would probably get onto your skin and make the skin that color as well (or not-depends how ya do it I suppose).

Videl-chan
08-16-2004, 03:27 AM
You could try pencil make-up to lighten your eye brows, not make them completely blonde, but they still maintain a blonde or light-haired look and they're safer without having to deal with the permanent bleaching.

Biscuit
08-16-2004, 02:14 PM
don't even TRY bleaching or coloring with dye. If it got in your eye you could go blind! I know you don't want to bleach, but just don't even think about that opption at all!!!!

Kokuu
08-16-2004, 07:53 PM
I'd say leave them be- if you look at natural blondes, or anyone for that matter you'll notice that their eyebrows are several shades darker. Blonde or funky colored eyebrows look REALLY strange. Your best bet is to go with well groomed eyebrows- instead of messing around with chemicals.

Biscuit
08-16-2004, 09:24 PM
I agree with kokuu ^_____^

scarlet
08-16-2004, 11:46 PM
I see, thanks guys ^^

darkenedxstar
08-17-2004, 12:44 AM
There is one by Palty that I have but don't use much often. Its a japanese brand but if you really want to... u can use that. It's wand is like a mascara brush but the formula is made for your eyebrow. It works nicely but it kinda feels like paste is on your eyebrow and feels funny. >____<;; And one better thing is... ITS NOT PERMANENT!! (ack. I can't spell)

abellabella
08-17-2004, 02:18 AM
Hmm that sounds very interesting!

scarlet
08-21-2004, 02:13 AM
ahh..that's cool, i guess i should get that...btw, i found some light brown eyebrow pencils, do you think this will work? (i have dark brown eye brows)

Seraphims
08-21-2004, 12:01 PM
if you do anything to your eyebrows it's going to look VERY obvious. if you want to look more natural doing nothing at all is the better bet. I had a guy friend who died is hair Blonde, and then a week later bleeched his eyebrows (profesionally I assume) bleeched eye brows blend in with your skin, looked like he didn't have any

As far as pencils and sealants, they'll show, and it'll be pretty obvious to anyone, that your eyebrows are not naturally that color, if you HAVE to do something, why not just seal over your eyebrows completely and then pencil on an eyebrow, you should be able to find something online that tells you how to do it.

*Shiva*
08-21-2004, 01:01 PM
Honestly, most blondes HAVE brown-colored eyebrows, so I wouldn' t do anything. No one will notice.

scarlet
08-21-2004, 02:46 PM
ic ^^; i guess i should give up on that

abellabella
08-21-2004, 08:10 PM
I would agree that some blondes have darker eyebrows than their hair, but we aren't talking about real life looks. Since this is anime, things will be different. If you think the eyebrow thing would be a nice touch, go ahead and do so.

Hermy-own-ninny
10-04-2004, 03:05 AM
Whoa... no worries though, I've actually though about the same thing. ^^;
I've always been fascinated by blondes and wanted to be one. Well... the whole pencil thing works well (tried it). I haven't tried doing that color hair spray yet but just remember to shield your eyes with a newspaper or something. *sees it now: spray... aahhh! my eye!* lol. Good luck though!

Gabrielle
10-04-2004, 07:58 AM
I have black eyebrows....do you think those pencils would work for me too? cause i was thinking about dying them in a little lighter tone...

nekhochan
10-05-2004, 11:53 PM
there is a product called "color gray" or something like it thats sold in drugstores in the haircolor section. its a stick that looks like a tube of lipstick that women can use to cover their gray roots until getting their hair colored. I've seen people use the lighter shades over their dark eyebrows and it looks awesome.

DiRTyBuNNy
10-08-2004, 01:43 PM
hhmmm...all this wonderful information...this is exactly what I was looking for for my Naruto cosplay (I've got dark brown hair and eyebrows naturally)...