PDA

View Full Version : Guado faces

Yunalesca
08-18-2004, 12:49 PM
What should I use to put lines on people faces for guado cosplayers?

A pen won't work, because they're both african American.

The best I've found is lipstick, but I've only found one blue lipstick, and it's covered in glitter.

Drackt
08-18-2004, 01:11 PM
Blue eyeliner! I had used it for an Anne Rice-type vamp and it worked quite well. (Even though one of the pencils I had used had glitter in it) You'll have to blend it a bit with your fingers to make it look natural. I reccomend using Wet & Wild, my favorite old standby.

Emeralda
08-18-2004, 01:13 PM
Eyeshadow pencils in shimmery colors like blue, green, grey or purple might work. Sma egoes for eyeliner pencils for a thinner line. If you want something a bit darker, you can always use acrylic paint.. since its water based and will wash off. If its close to Halloween that you do these costumes (of if you live near a costume shop) try those thin face crayons that they sell. I think they're a bit thicker in consitency than eyeshadow.

Emeralda
08-18-2004, 01:14 PM
Blue eyeliner! I had used it for an Anne Rice-type vamp and it worked quite well. (Even though one of the pencils I had used had glitter in it) You'll have to blend it a bit with your fingers to make it look natural. I reccomend using Wet & Wild, my favorite old standby.

Exactly! Wet and Wild is perfect for a lot of cosplay stuff! Only brand that for a long time had purple-black lipstick year round.

Sporkstress
08-18-2004, 08:21 PM
Ageed, Wet and Wild is probably the best bet. Not only does it have a lot of things others don't, it's also very affordable. It's cheaper than a lot of other brands you'll find.

I plan on using Wet and Wild for the products I know that I'll need to buy when I do my brother makeup. It's expecialy good if there probably isn't much of a chance that you will ever use it again.

Yunalesca
08-19-2004, 12:16 PM
Where would I get some?

Ageed, Wet and Wild is probably the best bet. Not only does it have a lot of things others don't, it's also very affordable. It's cheaper than a lot of other brands you'll find.

I plan on using Wet and Wild for the products I know that I'll need to buy when I do my brother makeup. It's expecialy good if there probably isn't much of a chance that you will ever use it again.

Sarcasm-hime
08-19-2004, 01:10 PM
Don't use acrylic paint on your skin. The pigments used in it are not tested for safety on skin (unlike makeup products) and some are toxic.

Sporkstress
08-19-2004, 05:44 PM
Where would I get some?

You can get Wet and Wild at your local drugstore in the makeup department. I don't think I've been to a drugstore that dosn't sell Wet and Wild. I believe some grocery stores also sell Wet and Wild in their makeup departments.

Yunalesca
08-20-2004, 02:12 AM
My 'local drugstore' is Walmart.
The only blue stuff they have is nail polish and I don't think I want to use that on someone's face.

You can get Wet and Wild at your local drugstore in the makeup department. I don't think I've been to a drugstore that dosn't sell Wet and Wild. I believe some grocery stores also sell Wet and Wild in their makeup departments.

Sporkstress
08-20-2004, 01:35 PM
Lol, no, I don't think nailpolish on someone's face is such a good idea.

Do you have a CVS or Wallgreans (sp?) or something like that anywhere close to you? Those are usualy the places I see them at. If you don't have one close, I realy don't know what to tell you... except for maybe you'll have to drive a little out of your way to get to one.