PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur Xianghua

HisuiKirei
08-18-2004, 07:28 PM
HELLO! im lookign into a red Xianghua costume from Soul Calibur 2 for next year's Anime expo!
this year i met a great couple of Kiliks! ^^ and put them against each other for my enjoyment MUWHAHAHA

anyway i wanted to get insight on it, suggested materials, etc

i already have a plan on the embroidery
my neighbor offered to do that for me so im cool,
i already have the chinese sword, and red chinese slippers(that fit perfectly for it)
im thinking of some simple fabrics such as cotton or polyester
but a light velvet wouldnt be bad would it?

Gothic_Catboy
08-18-2004, 08:27 PM
Depends on how much you're willing to spend... time and money. Money-wise, velvet would be more expensive than the cotton or poly-cotton fabrics... I've never worked with velvet, so I don't know the precautions you'd have to take in sewing.

HisuiKirei
08-19-2004, 04:06 PM
Ive worked with velvet before, it sheds alot when it's cut, but it's fairly easy to sew togather, just as long as you taper the edges or it'll tear easily... im thinking of the poly-coton tho...i still have time tho, i'll go to the fashion district anytime to check out the fabrics, im sure to find the "perfect" fabric....i think the satin might be nice too...but it's expensive and hard to work with because it slips so much ^^;

Shaman Soul
08-20-2004, 03:51 PM
oh it would be cool for you to do that. im going as yungsing propably not to anime expo though. i live in florida and theres hardly any good cons here. theres 2 thats it... but for her costume my thaughts are...well it really depends on what costume of hers you are doing but if its the default one that for the arm things that she has you could take a shirt that has sleeves that flare at the bottom and cut them off at the elbow and than you could do all of the sewing and cutting on there yourself but if you do that just make sure you get a shirt that is like one size too small for you because you want the sleeves to be tight enough so they dont fall off of your arm :)

HisuiKirei
08-20-2004, 06:06 PM
im doing the Red one not the bklue default!
i just found a nice polyester to use ^^ so i'll go out an get that later ^^

deschaos
09-01-2004, 06:47 PM
Because most Asian outfits are very rich in color, I would'nt do it in velvet if I were you. Instead, head over to where the Asian brocades are. Those would look ALOT more better, and more in character, since she's Asian. Besides, I've never seen an Asian dress in velvet in an Asian store. It's like an unwritten rule.

By the time you read this though, it might be too late XP.