PDA

View Full Version : Megacon

Shaman Soul
08-20-2004, 04:39 PM
I was wondering if anyone here is going to megacon next feruary and if so... what are you cosplaying as ? :)

Sacryed
08-20-2004, 05:52 PM
Megacon 2005 = Emo Sunday. That's all I know for now...

scandia
08-20-2004, 07:37 PM
If I attend, it will probably be on the Friday. I have a new job that includes Saturdays and that is great experience for my career. Hence I will probably not ask for a Saturday off for Dealer's Con. I do like MegaCon because I get to see my friends and take pics of pretty costumes. But there are other cons more worth requesting a Saturday off. I plan on dressing up as Linka from Captain Planet for Megacon 2005 if I make it- only comps would completely prevent me from attending.

Lucifer
08-21-2004, 08:22 AM
Wow, Megacon. -rubs chin- Well I'm setting the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen for Friday of the con, so I'll be doing the Fantom then. Saturday, um...its a toss up between whatever I have in my closet that's good, and Sunday likely will be Marishka from Van Helsing.

Though it is just a big dealer's room, has to be the BEST dealers room ever.

KeyOfTwilight
08-21-2004, 11:28 PM
lstsse, um, i'll definately be there on saturday, even if there is a taekwondo tourney that weekend(screw it, cons are priority), so, you might see me as Shinkohyo from soul hunter, that is, if i dont change my mind about a million times....

Tranquility
08-21-2004, 11:46 PM
I'm going with a big group of friends again this year, so it should be great. I'm planning on cosplaying Tenten and Orochimaru for the two Naruto groups we are doing and I'm going to be a Gerudo thief with two of my friends as Zelda and Saria for a mini Ocarina of Time group.
Eventhough Megacon is mostly a huge dealers room I really like it. There are panels there too..I went to some last year...but they are sort of hard to find. Plus, there's a cosplay/costume contest..so they aren't missing much. (^_^'

.Diana.
08-24-2004, 07:30 PM
This will be my first time at MegaCon and it's also my first time cosplaying in a group! My friends and I are doing an entire Lupin the 3rd group.

~Diana

mitylene
08-24-2004, 11:24 PM
I am going ;) Have no idea as what yet....It's a loong time in the future for cosplay planning ;)

Shaman Soul
08-25-2004, 10:11 AM
awesome ! people ar actually going ! i cant wait cya guys there ! ill be yoh from shaman king

PepeluTivursky
08-25-2004, 12:44 PM
My boyfriend desperately wants to go ... haven't a clue why.
Anyhow, perhaps I'll have my Colette done by then n_n

Shaman Soul
08-26-2004, 09:46 AM
because its fun of course, im going on sunday, its sooo easy to bargan those guys down in prices on the last day ! pushovers ! i cant wait till megacon ! i went last year, i really wish there were more cons her, megacon and metro con are all ive ever been to !

darkest_sin
08-27-2004, 03:27 PM
I'm planning on Sunday. It's the only available day I have anyway. I'm going as Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho. ^__^ I'm almost dooone!! :bigtu:

Jess-Jess
08-27-2004, 05:06 PM
Well, last year my school (Ringling School of Art and Design) had a table there promoting the school, so I may be going this year to spread the news XD If I do get to go, I'm not sure if I'll be able to cosplay behind the table, but when we switch out peoples I know I can then ^^ So yeah, I really have no idea what I would be there. I would probably bring my Cardcaptor Sakura costume, possibly Kasumi from DOA2 Hardcore, and maybe Meryl from Trigun. But hey XD I always change my mind and who knows what new costumes i'll have by that time ^^;

Shaman Soul
08-28-2004, 03:39 PM
im excited that people from the forums are going :) i went last year and had a blast. i dont think i saw your table though, ill keep an eye out for it ;)

Nyar
08-30-2004, 02:55 PM
I'll be going! :D Not sure as what yet most likely Mio from Fatal Frame and then probably Temari.

dennisud2015
09-19-2004, 10:16 PM
I'll be alternating my Maro and Wario Costumes as so many have commented to me how i look like both characters. I will have to get a quirky mustachs but I'm trying to see how i can fix mine without it be ... permanent! :razz:

I'll also be retiring the costumes then and slowly fade into the background so my Kid Kat can keep the spotlight she got at Yasumicon. (Best Original Costume)

I was stunned when i won Fanfavorite at the 2004 event, but as I am greatful, this coslpying is for the younger folk. and Old geezer like me seems out of place. So lets see each other at OtakuCon and MegaCon 2005!

Atsa All Folks!

dennisud :skidude2:

dennisud2015
09-19-2004, 10:18 PM
Oh... and BTW, Mitylene, Think about cosplaying AYeka from Tenchi Muyo, you do look like her to me! :) :bigtu:

Susumari
09-20-2004, 09:27 AM
hopefully i could go next yr, how i don't kno. i might wear the costumes that i'll be wearing for otakucon.

fatal frame 2- mayo..or was it miho
fruits basket- hatsuharu
ddr- miho

and mayb something else

Nyar
09-20-2004, 06:15 PM
Susumari, I think you're confusing the names together. It's Mio and Mayu.

My friend and I are also going to be Mio and Mayu (Fatal Frame 2 version) at Megacon this year. ^_^

UchihaGirl
09-20-2004, 08:28 PM
We also went last year to MegaCon but since we went with our anime club, most members weren't as happy with it as they might have been had it been something more Japanese related. So this year we are going to Otakucon.

But Megacon is pretty good is you're more interested in sci-fi and fantasy, along with western comics. Otakucon is supposed to be bigger than Megacon and it's strictly anime..of course there will be those few lost souls who got off on the wrong con.

Just a word of advice about Megacon: Bring lots of money....too many dealers with too many things @_@!!!!

Susumari
09-20-2004, 09:22 PM
Susumari, I think you're confusing the names together. It's Mio and Mayu.

My friend and I are also going to be Mio and Mayu (Fatal Frame 2 version) at Megacon this year. ^_^

;~;!!!
gahh i knew i had it totally wrong, and i just heard and spelling it right in my head, just didn't get it out

Nyar
09-20-2004, 10:38 PM
Haha, I did the same thing, too. XD

I either spelll it wrong, and say it right. Vice versa.

So you're not alone~ XB

Sacryed
09-21-2004, 09:34 PM
Oh... and BTW, Mitylene, Think about cosplaying AYeka from Tenchi Muyo, you do look like her to me! :) :bigtu:

Dude, if you want to do Ayeka, we totally need to talk. ^_^

Minion
09-21-2004, 09:52 PM
i'm working on a Guts costume from Berserk.
You'll either see me as him(with HUGE sword), or one of the mooninites from athf

T-san
09-29-2004, 08:51 PM
hopefully i'll be there saturday and sunday as Zazie the Beast from Trigun and Ginji from GetBackers. and did you hear? rates at the door have gone up by two dollars. better off pre-reging...@_@

NiGHTmaren
10-03-2004, 07:02 PM
I'll probably be going Saturday-only. Cosplay to be decided. ^^;

*~Hime no Toki~*

PearlRose86
10-20-2004, 05:29 PM
I'm going to go to Megacon, it will be my first convention. ^^

Not sure on Cosplay yet. There's a bunch of costumes I'd like to do, but once again, the lack of sewing skills slay me.

Minion
10-20-2004, 07:55 PM
ditched the guts idea. now im gonna do a pimp version of sasuke "pimpsuke", and the stoner anbu dude from naruto

Tia
10-20-2004, 08:09 PM
I know that I'm going, but I have no freaking idea what I am cosplaying. My boyfriend is going to definitely do Venture Bros. cosplay, though.