PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur 2 Yunsung

Shaman Soul
08-20-2004, 04:55 PM
im planning a yungsung costume and i was wondering if anyone out there could give insight or make suggestions i would really appreciate it they show loads of his costumes of his on a google image search

pic here (http://www.creativeuncut.com/media/sc2-yunsung.jpg)

HisuiKirei
08-20-2004, 07:23 PM
uhm your link doesnt show but do u mean you're making thisversion of yungsung?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/HisuiKirei/art17.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/HisuiKirei/soulcalibur22.jpg

Shaman Soul
08-20-2004, 08:59 PM
oh im sorry. yes thats the version i want to make. i intended to put the first picture that you show up

HisuiKirei
08-20-2004, 09:17 PM
ok cool ^^

Shaman Soul
08-20-2004, 10:14 PM
Any suggestion ??? at all ? its quite a difficult costume for me :\

HisuiKirei
08-21-2004, 10:49 PM
are you planning on it from scratch or from other clothes?
if from scratch i suggest you pick what ever fabrics you can work with, for good show, satin or polyester. but for ease and comfort, cotton.
for the armor. try a paper mache route first...if it doesnt form well...then maybe fabric would be good.(like a pillow, these types of armors seem very professional, but difficult to make) as for the sword....cardboard/styrofoam and build ontop of that i suppose ^^;

Shaman Soul
08-22-2004, 02:23 AM
yah the sword should be easy but i was planning on using normal clothes and than building upon them. i think i might try the paper mache for the armor though thats a good idea. thaks a bunch

wh0r3filth
08-25-2004, 07:47 AM
Well, since you plan to alter existing clothes you've pretty much got that figured out. However, if you end up deciding you need to make it from scratch, bring a refrence pic (or two) into your local fabric store. Look around and do your best to match the fabrics. You can always show your refrence pic/s to an employee and they may be able to help you out in choosing your fabric. For the armor, I would not use paper mache. Take a look at Amethyst Angel's fabulous armor making tutorial (www.amethyst-angel.com/armormaking.html). And for the sword, please, please, please do not use cardboard. It'd be a shame to put a lot of effort into your sword and have it fall apart on you very quickly. I suggest foam for a base and covering it over and sculpting that base design on the sword with paper clay (can be found at craft stores). If you want it to be as accurate as possible, you should also purchase wooden sculpting tools (as opposed to plastic ones). Good luck! Hope this helped.

Shaman Soul
08-26-2004, 09:25 AM
wel im going to cut the sword outa wood and paint everything but that blade, for the blade im gonna spray paint the wood. silver. thanks so much for the cool tutorial !

deschaos
09-01-2004, 07:40 PM
Fabricwise:
Karate uniforms are made out of a heavy cotton type material, much like denim.

for the armor, I've made some pretty good armor from cardboard that's very sturdy. Just use lots of hot glue, and make sure that you hide the cardboard texture by using paper towels (to give it a leathery look). Craft foam really sucks to use in armor, since it's prone to tearing, and I've used it for mimiru, and it reaaaaaally sucked when my top tore. It also doesn't have the right feel, and looks tacky.

IM me if you want help with the cardboard. Mimiru WAS a good experience.