PDA

View Full Version : xianghua from soul calibur 2

evanae
08-20-2004, 06:57 PM
ok, i was thinking of doing xianghua for AX'05. the outfit i was thinking of is the one w/ the um..pedal pushers or whatever u call them and halter top. but i realized, in the game, her top is a light blue and pants are a darker blue. then i found a pic of her on the game's official site and her top's white whereas the bottom is purple and that outfit color schem isn't in the game. so...can someone clarify that for me? i'd like to do the white top/purple bottom cuz i think it looks nicer but i need more pics of her in that color scheme. and also...anyone have any ideas on how to do the details/embroidery-like designs on her outfit? thanks a lot. ^___^

HisuiKirei
08-20-2004, 07:10 PM
heh the funny thing is I am also doign Xianghua! LOL hey if ur doign the blue version that's cool im the red version! ^^ i can send you some nice pictures of the blue version but later!(since im not home right now) but thats so cool! i hope i see you next year at AX!

Shaman Soul
08-20-2004, 08:05 PM
oh thats cool another member is doing that too she already made a thread about it though, you know what ? if your oing the blue outfit version, theres quite a usefull tip that i posted on her thread you might wanna check it out

deschaos
09-01-2004, 06:52 PM
are you talking about this one?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/grovechaos/Xianghua.jpg

My friend is going as her.

You can actually get her base shoes at Chinatown and modify it, and teh actual sword also.

The top, you can modify, and I suggest using bridal brocade. You don't even need 1/2 a yard for it (assuming you're a size 3)

The pants can be found at dance stores, and make sure that they're SKINTIGHT to the point of constriction, since jiggly thighs aren't pleasant (sorry ^-^;;). Then you can do the embroidery.

Kei-Chan
09-02-2004, 01:20 PM
I like the final version of Xianghua, you know the one with black costum. But that's just me, I can kick some major bootie with Xianghua, but not as much as I can with Nightmare. Besides, there's just something about a hot game chick, with a snappy attitude ta match it!! lol @ himself because he is sooo pathetic. :rofl: :razz: :schitzo:

heh the funny thing is I am also doign Xianghua! LOL hey if ur doign the blue version that's cool im the red version! ^^ i can send you some nice pictures of the blue version but later!(since im not home right now) but thats so cool! i hope i see you next year at AX!

Elvenwolf
09-02-2004, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I started a thread on that costume :] and it's still not finished yet. Really sad. Anyways: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=20969

As for the inconsistencies, you're free to do what you like. I'm, honestly, taking details from both the artbook and the game. Make things a little more interesting.

evanae
09-02-2004, 07:16 PM
are you talking about this one?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/grovechaos/Xianghua.jpg

My friend is going as her.

You can actually get her base shoes at Chinatown and modify it, and teh actual sword also.

The top, you can modify, and I suggest using bridal brocade. You don't even need 1/2 a yard for it (assuming you're a size 3)

The pants can be found at dance stores, and make sure that they're SKINTIGHT to the point of constriction, since jiggly thighs aren't pleasant (sorry ^-^;;). Then you can do the embroidery.

yup that's the one. ^^ yeah, actually i bought a pair of those shoes in chinatown a while ago but i've never actually worn them cuz they hurt my feet and now they're discolored from navy blue into purple, which makes them perfect for me to kill and re-make into xianghua shoes. >=3 iono if i wanna bring an actual sword, O_o, but we'll see haha. thanks a lot for all of your advice!!! ^__^ i really appreciate it.

I like the final version of Xianghua, you know the one with black costum. But that's just me, I can kick some major bootie with Xianghua, but not as much as I can with Nightmare. Besides, there's just something about a hot game chick, with a snappy attitude ta match it!! lol @ himself because he is sooo pathetic. :rofl: :razz: :schitzo:

yeah, i like the black outfit best, too. but it's a bit too short for my mom to lemme outta the house with >.>;; and that slit's a bit too high for me also, haha. soo...imma just choose the blue one since i don't see a lotta ppl w/ it. i remember seeing a lotta red ones at AX and various sites. XD

Yeah, I started a thread on that costume :] and it's still not finished yet. Really sad. Anyways: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=20969

As for the inconsistencies, you're free to do what you like. I'm, honestly, taking details from both the artbook and the game. Make things a little more interesting.

yup, that's the one i'm planning to do. as for the embroidery (only thing i've thought up is fabric paint =\) and stuff, i still haven't figured out anything. actually, to be honest, i'm still in the brainstorming stage where i figure out what i can use to do what. haha. and AX05 IS quite a ways away. XD yeah, i know...i'm a procrastinator. >.>;

as for the sashes i'd say, light flow-ey fabric, if it's too heavy it might be hard to keep it sewed/stuck to the shirt. and the tiara thing...don't ask me just yet...*_* i'm still figuring that one out. lol.

Kei-Chan
09-03-2004, 11:17 AM
I see. Well that sucks now doesn't it. :P

yup that's the one. ^^ yeah, actually i bought a pair of those shoes in chinatown a while ago but i've never actually worn them cuz they hurt my feet and now they're discolored from navy blue into purple, which makes them perfect for me to kill and re-make into xianghua shoes. >=3 iono if i wanna bring an actual sword, O_o, but we'll see haha. thanks a lot for all of your advice!!! ^__^ i really appreciate it.

yeah, i like the black outfit best, too. but it's a bit too short for my mom to lemme outta the house with >.>;; and that slit's a bit too high for me also, haha. soo...imma just choose the blue one since i don't see a lotta ppl w/ it. i remember seeing a lotta red ones at AX and various sites. XD

yup, that's the one i'm planning to do. as for the embroidery (only thing i've thought up is fabric paint =\) and stuff, i still haven't figured out anything. actually, to be honest, i'm still in the brainstorming stage where i figure out what i can use to do what. haha. and AX05 IS quite a ways away. XD yeah, i know...i'm a procrastinator. >.>;

as for the sashes i'd say, light flow-ey fabric, if it's too heavy it might be hard to keep it sewed/stuck to the shirt. and the tiara thing...don't ask me just yet...*_* i'm still figuring that one out. lol.