PDA

View Full Version : A-Kon 2005

Blondie_Usagi
08-21-2004, 04:03 PM
I kknow it's early,but,who's going or might be?

I know I'm going there as my first cosplay ^.^

Anna
08-21-2004, 04:08 PM
I'm going! I'm going to have a Ginormous group of people with me too(about 20-25). All told all the Anime fans at my school about A-kon and now they want to come too( Some of them are even going to cosplay) Look at siggy to see who I'm cosplaying as.P.S. I already started a thread what people are going as for next year.

Proz
08-21-2004, 04:39 PM
Already paid for my pass when they offered it on the first chance for $28. Front & center for me! Heck, I'm going just mainly meet the creator of Foamy.

Skyline Kyo
08-21-2004, 05:05 PM
I'm going to try my hardest to go to it again.
But that's if I return from Korea in time.

SohjiroX
08-21-2004, 06:02 PM
Might I hope since I was supposed to go to this con this year and missed it.

CorazonAzul
08-22-2004, 12:45 AM
I'm going! I've pre-registered already, and I'll be bringing Megazord along as usual (as well as who knows how many others)

Digital Blush
08-22-2004, 01:54 AM
i'm going as well. ^^ i'm bringing hella lot of costumes! i'm bringing Shugo from .hack//legend of the twilight, Princess Sakura from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Hinata Hyuuga from Naruto, and Mimi Tachikawa from Digimon 02 for my digimon cosplay group. i probably wont wear them all but i'm bringing them along just in case. i have all the costumes done by shugo and sakura. i know for sure i'm wearing Shugo, Sakura and Mimi but i'm brining my Hinata too i'm going to wear it someday at the con. i can't wait i need to pre-register still. i need to do that.

oh i wonder who A-kon is getting this year for the music bands ahh l'arc! i hope we get awesome people!

Lady Subaru
08-23-2004, 09:34 AM
I might be going ^^;; all depends on how much money I have left after Ushicon.

Hotaru_Yumi
08-23-2004, 01:06 PM
I know for sure I am going, I went last year with a Anime Club from warnsburg MO. And I had a blas thsi last year..and I am hoping to make it to A-Kon anually. lol also this will be my first year of cosplaying..looking forward to that. I am going as Faye from cowboy bebop and Luffy from one piece.

ShineJob
08-23-2004, 05:40 PM
I'm going! I ish goin!

It'll be my first cosplay too. ^^ I'll either be going as Bridget, Shucihi, Ruri or Merle. Or maybe all four.

Knightfall
08-23-2004, 09:43 PM
I'm in. I don't know how i'll do it at the moment, but i'm in.

Blondie_Usagi
08-24-2004, 05:31 PM
yey!I won't be alone O.O

The only way you could find me is if I'm one of the many costumes I'm bringing(in my signature)and I'm with and Usagi and we're going around the convention pretending we're cows who have Mad Cow disease ^^

ZakuKitty
08-24-2004, 05:41 PM
Definitely going. :) Knowing me, I'll probably be cosplay Nidaime from Naruto and, if all goes according to plan, Ken from Zone of the Enders 2. I think I may try to cosplay Kojiro from Irresponsible Captain Tylor as well...So much to do.....x___x

If my Ash costume from Phantom Brave turns out well, I'll probably have it there too.

*runs off*

DjPhReAksTyLe
08-24-2004, 11:58 PM
going and working again.
Morale staff once again.
w00t! no sleep once again.

Flamedramon is being made right now for the Digimon cosplay group.
so yep.
might even bring Gir and Draco Malfoy as well.

baku_neko
08-25-2004, 03:32 PM
I'm going as Uchiha Sasuke again, and hopefully Ryoma from Prince of Tennis.

Scortia
08-25-2004, 06:29 PM
I don't have everything set in stone yet but I'll likely be bringing Rydia of Final Fantasy 4, Mute of Princess Tutu, at least one Shoujo Kakumei Utena costume, and at least one Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle costume (likely Ashura)

ChibiKakashi
08-26-2004, 02:22 AM
My sis and I already reseved a room in the a-kon hotel so we're already dying to go but O.O i'm not sure who I'm gonna be next time... I LOVED the naruto cosplayers ^^ so I know I'd wanna be a naruto cosplayer atleast one day and I'm still wanting to cosplay as Al from full metal alchemist but I can't figure out how to start >< heh... I can't wait though!

robin20
09-01-2004, 06:46 AM
I've started on two costumes already for it. Beyond The Grave (the one from gungrave o.d.) and robin (teen titans). hope i see ya there. by the way it is my first time too!!!

Cynthia
09-10-2004, 12:13 AM
I don't know if I'm going again this year. Last year kind of sucked for me. Depends on whether or not I get in touch with people.

ZakuKitty
09-10-2004, 09:23 AM
Heh...I can't do Ken...so far...I should be doing Nidaime again, Albel from Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, Kojiro of Irresponsible Captain Tylor and Jui from Vidoll (jrock). :P Maybe Ash from Phantom Brave if it turns out well. :P Looks like I'll be a crossplayer forever. XD

Can't wait for this con. >_< So far away though. :P

ShineJob
09-10-2004, 08:03 PM
Can't wait for this con. >_< So far away though. :P

I knoooooow ;_; I'm so excited it'll be my first con (most likely) *jumpwithjoy* I'm going as Shuichi, and a few other charas O_o Yes, I change my mind frequently XD

ZakuKitty
09-10-2004, 09:38 PM
I knoooooow ;_; I'm so excited it'll be my first con (most likely) *jumpwithjoy* I'm going as Shuichi, and a few other charas O_o Yes, I change my mind frequently XD

Me too. :P Everytime I like another character better, I have to do them instead. XD

First con eh? I think this is my fifth. :)

Anna
09-10-2004, 10:37 PM
(Le'see A-kon 15,Anime Day,Anime FEST, than next Wizard world Dallas,Itzacon, than finally A-kon 16 makes....) A-kon 16 will be my sixth con ^_^ I'm going to have a group of original Festival Goer dressphere cosplayers with me (and designed by me) There's going to be a Lulu,Lenne,Yuffie,Dagger,Rinoa,Paine, and Yuna (me) all in Festival Goer dresspheres. WE NEED A RIKKU! PM ME!(link to Rikku's Festival Goer design below)
http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v38/kairi_li/rikpaikimono.jpg

Lady Subaru
09-10-2004, 11:29 PM
aww no Aeris and Tifa? lol

Anna
09-10-2004, 11:55 PM
Nobody I know really liked my Aeris and Tifa design. But I might find somebody who wants make thoose two once Anime club starts at my school.

Lady Subaru
09-11-2004, 12:12 AM
I would so cosplay Aeris if I was allowed in the group and if I could afford it ^^;;.. and my hair is kinda too short for Aeris as well XD

Anna
09-11-2004, 12:19 AM
You can join the group! ^^
Anyone's welcome! I'll PM you the design tommorow if you're really that intrestead.(or are Rinoa's not very sure so maybe you could do that one, it actually is the best one, She has pretty lil' Angelo's all over her Yukata X3 )

Lady Subaru
09-11-2004, 02:37 AM
Maybe send me both designs? ^^;; I'm really interested, I'm just not sure how my money will be like before A-kon ^^

ShineJob
09-11-2004, 02:18 PM
Me too. :P Everytime I like another character better, I have to do them instead. XD

First con eh? I think this is my fifth. :)

O-O....Fifth? Man, that's a lot! ^^ How long have you been cosplaying?

ZakuKitty
09-11-2004, 02:51 PM
O-O....Fifth? Man, that's a lot! ^^ How long have you been cosplaying?

Since the 2nd UshiCon(my first con)...think that's a year or more ago? o__0 I do relatively simple costumes...ones that do not require a great deal of sewing but that is changing...<_<

It's all in good fun. I hope you enjoy this one, The first con is always the best....at least in my opinion. ^^

ShineJob
09-11-2004, 10:29 PM
Since the 2nd UshiCon(my first con)...think that's a year or more ago? o__0 I do relatively simple costumes...ones that do not require a great deal of sewing but that is changing...<_<

It's all in good fun. I hope you enjoy this one, The first con is always the best....at least in my opinion. ^^

Ahaaa...Cool, I see ^^ I like simple costumes too...because I find it's better to do a simple costume really well than to see an advanced costume done bad. Thanks, I think I'll have an awesome time. I'm looking forward to spotting/meeting people on the cosplay.com boards :D

Everyone for A-kon 2005, lemme hear you scream, "LA LI HO!" XD

ZakuKitty
09-11-2004, 11:23 PM
O___O :P Hope to see you there and everybody else as well. ^^

And I agree about simple costumes: If they are done well then they can be better than difficult costumes that don't look as good.

Dai
09-12-2004, 12:12 AM
I'm going and cosplaying as Alucard, Rip, and Yumiko and dragging my mom along as Heinkel, and hopefully two friends along, too, and they can be Schrodinger and Integra!

I've put too much thought into this......... lol

robin20
09-13-2004, 04:31 PM
dude im going as fayt from starocean wanna team up?

ZakuKitty
09-13-2004, 08:26 PM
dude im going as fayt from starocean wanna team up?

You talkin' to me? o___0 If so then I will be happy to join you as Albel. :P

robin20
09-14-2004, 06:46 AM
You talkin' to me? o___0 If so then I will be happy to join you as Albel. :P

HECK ya sweet man. oh i guess i should have clarified that...

ZakuKitty
09-14-2004, 11:26 AM
HECK ya sweet man. oh i guess i should have clarified that...

Ah it's cool. I didn't see any other Star Ocean people so I assumed it was me.

:bigtu:

Ky Kiske
10-01-2004, 10:22 PM
I'm going as Albel Nox, also, though..I may not wear the costume long..it'll be leather, with real metal plates and claws, blah...also planning on Itsuki Tachibana (Fatal Frame 2) and finally, my big costume, Ky Kiske (Guilty Gear) I'm for sure going though.

ZakuKitty
10-01-2004, 10:33 PM
I'm going as Albel Nox, also, though..I may not wear the costume long..it'll be leather, with real metal plates and claws, blah...also planning on Itsuki Tachibana (Fatal Frame 2) and finally, my big costume, Ky Kiske (Guilty Gear) I'm for sure going though.

Damn it....I hate having to compare to other people. :/

I may not do Albel then....

Scortia
10-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Ok, I'm insanely ambitious so my costume list has changed for A-kon yet again... but I'm 80% sure this will be what I'm bringing. ^^;;;;;;;

Amano-style Rydia of FFIV, Guibu of Arslan Senki, one J-rock costume, Clari of Violinist of Hameln, either Mute of Princess Tutu or Mikage of Utena...

...I think any shifting around will totally depend on whether I go to AnimeEXPO this year... if that's the case I'll ease up on the urge to wear all my best costumes at A-kon. ~_~

Ky Kiske
10-03-2004, 12:18 AM
Damn it....I hate having to compare to other people. :/

I may not do Albel then....

As I said...won't be worn long..at all. I'm a Californian, and only lived in Texas for a year..I can't stand the weather ~_~ so at the most, 1-2 hours, tops. The costume may not even be done by the time. As I said, Ky Kiske is my big costume. None of my other costumes will top that one. So, don't worry, go ahead and cosplay Albel. I tend to keep a low profile anyway at cons. ^_^

ZakuKitty
10-03-2004, 09:57 AM
Eh I'm not sure anymore. I kind of like to do costumes that nobody else is doing...or try to. It really depends on if I finish it...<_<

kelldar
10-03-2004, 10:28 AM
I'm thinking of going again... I really like Akon, and if I don't go I won't have any anime cons on my schedule next year, lol.
Only costume I really want to try to do for it is PGSM Sailor Jupiter.

Gren
10-03-2004, 11:50 AM
Agh! don't skip a costume just because someone else may wear it! You'll end up spending more time worrying if the charachter is obscure enough than you will the character itself! I'm also not a big fan of being around people in the same costume, simply because I don't like the attitude of comparing that people seeing the two cosplayers get. Side not, I'm also considering an Albel if time permits. Does anyone have a good image of his armored claw and the fan peice on his butt? I've managed to sketch out what I -think- the fan peice looks like, but would much rather see an actual picture. I wish game makers would just release a set of front, back, and side views of costumes. It would make life so much easier.

ZakuKitty
10-03-2004, 01:04 PM
That's precisely why I don't want to do it now. Everybody is doing it. o__0 LOL! I have the strategy guide sitting around here somewhere with a good pic of the claw but no scanner. ARG! I was so ready to do that costume too. Oh well...I have a fallback....unfortunately not from Star Ocean but meh.

Dai
10-03-2004, 07:28 PM
Ok, I'm insanely ambitious so my costume list has changed for A-kon yet again... but I'm 80% sure this will be what I'm bringing. ^^;;;;;;;

Ha that's how I am

Lady Subaru
10-04-2004, 03:03 AM
Well really it wasn't A-kon's fault for the elevator lines... the hotel didn't distbrute (spelling) the rooms very well for the con goers. I was in the North tower and there was no line... it seemed like the hotel filled South tower first, then Center, and North was last. Also A-kon really needed a bigger hotel room since it keeps growing every year.

Ky Kiske
10-16-2004, 10:42 PM
My Albel isn't going to be finished ^_^' but bah..my main costume is all I care about. I don't think my Itsuki will be done either. Oh, well. Another day!

Maril
10-17-2004, 08:31 PM
im sure goin
me and my friends are planning to go
(ish happy since i was all alone at akon15)
costumes im already starting on for akon is
blood seras
rip (cat girl)
rinoa (for group cosplay)
im thinking of not doing the final fantasy group cosplay and going as nakuru from ccs mya

AoKoneko
10-18-2004, 04:07 AM
I hope this is not of a bother
But has anyone in here heard of a guy named "Stan the Man"
He goes/gone/been to/ been around A-kon.

Thank you ever so much
Please do take care
Happy cosplay
Be Wilde be Free
~AK~