PDA

View Full Version : Greets to all. Hellsing Jackal anyone?

Kato_Arabel
08-22-2004, 06:44 AM
Greetings. Have been searching around for some time, and I thought I'd mosey on in here and see if anyone has any leads on where I can get ahold of a gas blowback airsoft version of Arucard's handgun, the Jackal.

I'm also looking to see if I can find a QUALITY Arucard outfit that looks as accurate as it can be to the Anime. I'm a stickler for details.

I noticed that a japanese company manufactures full functional Jackals for airsoft use, but they say they can't ship to America, to the best of my knowledge -- damned gun laws are driving me nuts. Any guys know a way around that crap so I can get my hands on it? I'm aching for it.

Signed,
Kato

daguru
08-22-2004, 01:12 PM
Dai Nippon Ginken ships some of there guns to the U.S., but not the GOOD ones (i.e. Vash's and Alucard's).

They're the only company I know of that makes airsoft versions of the Jackal. But seriously, do you really want one? You can't bring it to ANY convention (well, legally you can't), and they're expensive as heck. I'd rather have a prop gun that doesn't shoot anything. That way, I can bring it to a con.

As for the coat, http://www.abbyshot.com/ is starting to manufacture their own Alucard coat. If you want to buy one, you could get one when they are finished. Or, if all else fails, I can sew a red one using my coat pattern. (you can see my manga version of Alucard in my gallery)

Kato_Arabel
08-22-2004, 06:26 PM
Well, then. What about those official Limited Edition replicas, I believe they were made of wood, and well-made. I found some stores that had it posted, but were out of stock -- does anyone have a set of the .454 Casull and Jackal replicas lying around?

And as to the reason why I wanted a functional version of the Jackal -- I'm going to be playing Airsoft, and I want to make my opponents s**t their pants when they see me whip out the Jackal. :D

daguru
08-22-2004, 09:27 PM
:bigtu: lol

well, to give you a heads-up on them, those limited edition replicas don't fire anything and the handles are VERY small. (Japenese people generally have smaller hands than us). They almost seem like kid toys. They're also made out of plastic. Wood would've been too expensive and too heavy to package with the limited edition dvds. They also came with Alucard gloves.

BlackMarth
08-22-2004, 10:58 PM
You're looking at about 2-3 months, maybe a bit longer, until Abbyshot finishes the Alucard coat. They will also include the hat. Though, be mindful, the prices are high because it's assumed you want to actually USE the coat outside of cosplay.

Kato_Arabel
08-23-2004, 03:49 AM
Alucard coat, full functionality? AWESOME! I'm definitely purchasing my own. :D I'll have to ask them to make sure it's a darker, bloodier red, though...blazing bright red doesn't seem very anime-ish to me.

And I'm aware the limited edition pistols are made of wood, but I'm wondering if ANYONE is selling them?

Giant Alucard
08-23-2004, 11:04 AM
I like the Enigma coats, very nice, Although on the pricey side.

Kato: do you mean red like my coat (check my costumes page). If you want it like that i may have a person who can make it for you, just depends on when you need it and such.

If your looking for the hellsing guns, you can buy the replicas on ebay, which is what I did. And daguru is right, they do feel alot like toys, since I am very big, and have very large hands.

I seem to remember someone buy a airsoft replica of the jackal at Katsucon last year though.... I'll try and get in touch with them and find out if they know where you can get one.

BlackMarth
08-23-2004, 11:45 AM
I know Poseidon carries the guns, but they cannot ship to the US. There was a person who had all the kits that was selling them, but as far as I know, he doesn't have anymore.

Abbyshot is going to use a darker red, and plus, since it'll most likely be in Commander fabric, it comes in a crapload of colors, so you can even go for the black variant. And yes, while it is pricey, Enigma is a luxurious coat, and one helluva waterproof raincoat.

Kato_Arabel
08-23-2004, 03:21 PM
I like the Enigma coats, very nice, Although on the pricey side.

Kato: do you mean red like my coat (check my costumes page). If you want it like that i may have a person who can make it for you, just depends on when you need it and such.

If your looking for the hellsing guns, you can buy the replicas on ebay, which is what I did. And daguru is right, they do feel alot like toys, since I am very big, and have very large hands.

I seem to remember someone buy a airsoft replica of the jackal at Katsucon last year though.... I'll try and get in touch with them and find out if they know where you can get one.

The red you mentioned that I saw in your photos are still a bit bright, I prefer something that doesn't seem to shine so brightly in daylight. I don't think the real Alucard would like a coat that is practically a reflective beacon to his enemies.

And, Blackmarth, I'm considering purchasing the Vash coat for daily use, along with the Alucard coat. :) Problem is, I'm no rich bastard. My income is very low, as I have no job and I'm living on social security (I'm deaf, I get the benefits).

kylash327
08-23-2004, 05:17 PM
check ebay occationally, i know a guy who just sold his blowback Jackal for $225, i kicked myself for not buying it, but he had just sold me his Manga version Casull. Occationally you can get lucky... its also helpfull if you know someone who knows someone in japan.

daguru
08-23-2004, 06:22 PM
I don't think the real Alucard would like a coat that is practically a reflective beacon to his enemies.

not to be rude, but...
1. He's Dracula. Red is his color.
2. That particular shade of red is crimsom red, the color of uncoagulated blood (fresh blood)
3. If he did look like a homing beacon, I'm pretty sure that would be on purpose. He has walked the earth for several hundered years searching for the perfect fight. I would assume, since he kept in London by Integra, that he wants the ultimate enemy to come to him.

but, to each his own. Variants of costumes are quite cool (i'm a variant also). I'm just obsessed with Hellsing.

EDIT: oh, and uh, the limited edition guns are plastic

kylash327
08-24-2004, 11:01 AM
Actually in the manga alucard knows the red is a beacon for his enemies, thats why he wears a suit on his trip to South America *points to his avatar*

Kato_Arabel
08-24-2004, 05:06 PM
Actually in the manga alucard knows the red is a beacon for his enemies, thats why he wears a suit on his trip to South America *points to his avatar*

Well, naturally. =.=

Either way, I'm still hunting for "That Damn Jackal", and a Casull. Does -anyone- know anyone who can sell me one, or get me in touch with someone who can sell me, or whatever?!

paintballguy954
09-29-2004, 07:00 PM
well I'm working on that problem myself, I guess the most expeient thing to do would be to comission someone to make them, good luck finding anyone I havent baan able to, and those that I have found are usualy to busy with other work.

Thefriend
09-29-2004, 07:12 PM
Im looking for the same stuff..coat, hat, and both guns.

Vlad'sPhoenix
09-29-2004, 08:44 PM
I have everything except for the guns, cross, and side-metal parts for the glasses

Thefriend
09-29-2004, 08:57 PM
Where you get your stuff from? And could you post soem pics?

Vlad'sPhoenix
09-29-2004, 09:14 PM
Lets see, from the top down: I'm making the hat with red cotton fabric and dark pink fabric found on the bargain shelf from Joanne Fabrics and a flat straw hat. The trench is also from red cotton and black shiny silk or satan fabric. I found a pattern at Joanne Fabrics from Simplicity that is very close to alucard's trench(not the matrix trench - this is more medeviel style). The glasses I found at a costume shop in Nashua, NH. The black vest and white button down shirt are both left over from my meny prom/semi's in school. The red tie I'm using left over red fabric to make. The gloves I found in the same costume shop I did my glasses, as well as my boots. The image on his gloves I'm using iron-on sheets for. And my pants are regular dress pants. I'm also adding a hellhound plushy to sit on my shoulder during the con. Now that I know the parts of the print-out gun images I have are pretty life-size, I'm using them as a guide on wood or foam to cut out and make the guns. I'm also planning to use scrap metal to make the side panels on my glasses. As for the cross, ebay or a local religion store. I have a cross, but it's pretty small.

Thefriend
09-29-2004, 09:54 PM
i should try but i dont think i hav the equipment.

paintballguy954
09-29-2004, 11:10 PM
I knwo the pattern your talkign about, but I found another one from simplicity thats even closer to Alucards coat it's actualt in a Van Helsing set the only thing you need to realyl do is not put the capelet on and use extra material to add the arm capes I actualy made the hat myself from scratch got some good time off my thread about alucards hat, I still need to track own some boots and well everyonse seems to struggle with the guns now dont they?

Thefriend
09-29-2004, 11:24 PM
I'll tell you what fantasyprops tell me. Ima see how much each gun costs. Then ill tell you. Btw how much would the coat be?

Vlad'sPhoenix
09-29-2004, 11:32 PM
depends on materials and how tall you are. The true coat that crispin freeman wore around last AB is like crushed red velvet with black satan - a good 200-300. The one I'm making: $18 - that's 5 yards of red cotton + 4 yards of black(forgot whut kind of fabric) - I'm about 6-6'1 and I might need more, but I highly doubt it

Thefriend
09-29-2004, 11:35 PM
depends on materials and how tall you are. The true coat that crispin freeman wore around last AB is like crushed red velvet with black satan - a good 200-300. The one I'm making: $18 - that's 5 yards of red cotton + 4 yards of black(forgot whut kind of fabric) - I'm about 6-6'1 and I might need more, but I highly doubt it

Yeah i dont wana go cheap with the coat... ill try but i dont want it to look bright red... i want a blood red color.... donno what materials it can be made from though

Vlad'sPhoenix
09-29-2004, 11:41 PM
I found the blood red color in cotton - and it doesn't look bad...

Thefriend
09-29-2004, 11:53 PM
I find it to thin.... :p

Ditto
09-30-2004, 12:27 AM
for a long time I was looking for Alucard's guns guns as well, some guy on ebay was selling his limited edition guns for 66$ (on buy it now)... I still beat myself up for not buyng them. see the reason I didn't buy them was that 1) No DVDs 2)the guns were pretty beat up according to the discription (some broke on one of the guns as was glued back on) and the Cassual was repainted because alot of the paint had some off. I just made mine very simply by taking plastic toy 9mm guns and adding on with wood, the finished cassual turned out very good but Jackal was rushed so it didn't turn out that great.
Cassual-
http://home.comcast.net/~ditto_125/pictures/1.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~ditto_125/pictures/2.JPG
Jackal-
http://home.comcast.net/~ditto_125/pictures/3.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~ditto_125/pictures/4.JPG

and I even has the cross too http://home.comcast.net/~ditto_125/pictures/5.JPG

after the gluing of the wood was done all that was really need was to engrave what it said on the sides and then paint it (including the orange tips so I wounld't violate con rules) and the casuall go andother thing done to it as well, I took an metal pipe and cut it in half and carved out a portion of the bottom of the wood and glued it there so it would look more realistic. These guns are nice because the guns I used as basesmoved and made sounds as if they shot and cocked, my jackal wasn't able to do this because I had to use more space for the gluing becasue of the weight. and that really is the making of his guns... but if you think finding toy 9mm guns is easy YOU ARE WRONG!!!! I spend 2 days going around to various toy shops and found none, until I went to k-mart. if you have time look online, but if you are in a rush (like I was) good luck making them, I mean 20+ hours went into work for these guns, mostly the casull, but they were worth it. I got most of my reference pictures from a japanese website which was selling them only they can't ship out most their guns to US becaus eof US gun laws.
-Ditto

Tia
09-30-2004, 03:03 AM
My boyfriend is going to make himself a pair by resin casting. He just needs to finish the Inuyasha commission he's got for Halloween first, though so he can get the money for that much resin. Also, he's a little stretched for time right now. Since somebody else already asked him to make them a Jackal and Casull I think he could make you one too. Once you make one, the rest are usually easier. I don't know whether or not he'd be willing to make a hat. The problem was that it, well, kind of melts. Especially in the florida sun in the summer. However, about the jacket, I really don't think either of us could spend that kind of time on a costume for somebody else. I swear we spent at least 200 hours on the first one.

Pictures from Metrocon:

http://www.risingsun.net/gallery/metro2004/chess/source/metro2004-2158.shtml
http://www.risingsun.net/gallery/metro2004/chess/source/metro2004-2176.shtml
http://www.risingsun.net/gallery/metro2004/chess/source/metro2004-2192.shtml
http://www.risingsun.net/gallery/metro2004/studio/source/metro2004-2662.shtml

Thefriend
09-30-2004, 07:39 AM
Could he make them blowback?

Btw if i make mine... ima try to make them exact...yes 35 lb. :P

Purple Flames
09-30-2004, 09:00 AM
Could he make them blowback?

Btw if i make mine... ima try to make them exact...yes 35 lb. :P

Good luck luggin around 70 lbs. worth of weaponry all day at a con. That is unless you lift weights or something.

Thefriend
09-30-2004, 01:02 PM
yes i do :) But if i make the gun 35lb i wont be carrying it all day. Ill have a wood pair.. with blowback.

Tia
09-30-2004, 01:52 PM
You'd need wood for that. That means much $$-age. Plus, I don't know if he really wants to do the wood ones, due to time constraints and the other props he's working on. But I'll ask him. For the resin ones, though, he can make them actually work. I'll have to ask if he can put sound in them or not, though.

Thefriend
09-30-2004, 02:01 PM
If metal is easier for him... then its alright. I just want soemthign that looks *close* to authentic. Maybe blowback if possible... whats the average cost. Or does it matter what and how much material.

Tia
09-30-2004, 02:38 PM
Uh, it wouldn't be metal. He does mostly resin casting, like the way the official guns are made. It would be authentic looking. I believe he quoted the other person $65 plus shipping, but I will ask to verify that.

Thefriend
09-30-2004, 02:56 PM
Was it blow back? Btw... i see alot of the airsoft guns are close to shape but in need of moding. The buretta blowback prolly looks the closest to the model gun... but other parts of the gun would need modding for the jackel.

Vlad'sPhoenix
10-02-2004, 01:54 AM
If I could commission him as well, would that be ok? I'm also intrested in the jackal + joshua (casull) guns - resin of course. $65 would be fine, I just have to wait till I get the money. Of course, by the time he's done, I'll have it(gettings it by the end of october). By the way, the cross you have ditto, isn't the cross in the show, it's just one they made that has hellsing on it. The cross in the show is silver and has lines up and across, but no words. I found a good one on ebay that's very close to the one in the opening creds. Which means all I need now is those guns, my hat, trench, and scrap metal/plastic for my shades...

Thefriend
10-02-2004, 02:43 AM
Its to late. His orders are full till next year. :/ So i guess im stuck looking for a prop maker. Anyone interested in making the guns for us?

Ditto
10-02-2004, 07:24 PM
By the way, the cross you have ditto, isn't the cross in the show, it's just one they made that has hellsing on it. The cross in the show is silver and has lines up and across, but no words.

1)Alucard is a Vamp, Sliver would severly hurt him if he touched it directly ***SPOILER***(but we find out this isn't so in ep.13)***SPOILER OVER***
2)When did I say it was the anime cross??? It's the Manga cross, and we honestly don't know what his cross looks like, we know he leaves one on an undead in the opening credits but that's it.
-Ditto

Vlad'sPhoenix
10-02-2004, 08:35 PM
down boy, I was just making a coment. Anyway, I seek your help right now, the cross I wanted on ebay ended b4 I could order it, what's the site you got that from? I've seen it once before, but I can't find the damn thing google searching.

ps: Alucard is a 4th generation vampire so alot of the normal stuff can't kill him. For example:*SPOILERS!!*

Direct sunlight, silver(ep 13 + every ep after ep 5 - the jackal is made out of silver), blessed weapons(eps with anderson + ep 13), decapitation/dismemberment of any kind(duel with anderson + others)... The reason he can't be killed by those is because he's 4th gen vamp. Incognito is 5th, so is Helena. Also noted in the show, people created by a vampire that's close to pure blood also gains these invulnerabilities, Seras for example can take a blessed blade + walk in direct sunlight. Basicly, the more generations down you are, the more weaknesses you'd have.

EDIT: n/m foudn the site - thanks anyways!

otaku_wannabe
03-30-2008, 07:04 PM
I found a great place to get the guns. Its called LaughingReaper.com. you can order different versions. The wood replica costs $65. The working ones with blowback cost $95.

jmichelin
04-24-2008, 06:58 PM
im looking too, oi cant find em, i foulld the limited editions for like 2500 metal no fire, and posssedian, cant ship, any one know for ure, please tell me

Tarlonis
03-27-2009, 11:22 AM
WELL, I'm putting together an outfit and researching the Guns myself.
Found laughingreaper pretty early on, but he books 3 months in advance and is booked TIL SEPT!?!? So he's not going to work I guess...lol

Stopped by my local Airsoft supplier yesterday, nothing there "works" without modifying , and it looks like I'd need to create the slider thing that runs along the top..(gun jargon's not my forte') My Father-in-Law MIGHT make them for me however, out of wood most likely..

Going for a varient on the coat/hat, a light leather-like dark red fabric. More structured and fitted than the common cotton/felt flowy types that i've seen hither and yon.

Can't find any glasses that'll work without adding the goggle portion to them, dispite my attempted GooFu (google kung fu)

I'll update as things progress, looking to whip this baby out in the next 3 weeks.

Tarl

Tarlonis
03-30-2009, 12:21 PM
F-in-Law won't be making unless I can maybe put together a 3d model of it, then he'd be willing to cast a model... I dunno.

Not really an update I guess, more of a BUMP

=-)

Tarl

Tigersoul
12-27-2009, 05:07 PM
A bit of an old bump but...

I'm looking at the differences in the laughingreaper guns and the poisoden mods and wondering if you coudl get the slide and barrel from a laughing reaper and modify an airsoft with it...

Does anyone have one of the laughingreaper guns? I'm curious to the durability of the slide and how it's mounted.

(and to those wondering, yes I'm well aware these arent allowed at cons, this is for personal use in a series of cosplay videos)

animeaddict519
09-24-2010, 02:58 PM
I know this is kind of an old thread, but does anyone know where I can buy cheap prop guns? I'm trying to cosplay as alucard for Anime STL next april. The guns don't need to work or have sound or blowback, they just need to look accurate. If anyone knows of a way to make them easily or mod a toy gun, that would work too.

ravenlord
05-31-2013, 10:23 AM
This site has the guns as well as the rest of his outfit for sale.

http://www.laughingreaper.com/Pages/prop_hellsing_alucard_guns.aspx

unfortunately the guns are unavalible at the time

Hellsing Agent
06-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Singing: Salutations from the other side...
Greetings! It's been a LONG time since I've posted on Cosplay.com, but wanted to say "HI!". Will be attending Anime Expo, with the heat not sure if I'll cosplay but as always would love to see Hellsing cosplayers! :sunburn: