PDA

View Full Version : Maryland, anyone?

Yucari
08-22-2004, 07:46 PM
Yes, I realise Otakon only ended a couple weeks ago now, but I wanted to know if it was possible to arrange a picnic/cosplaything/whatever in the Baltimore/Washington area sometime this fall (october/november?). Would anybody be interested/willing to help?

-Cari

MissLauren
08-22-2004, 11:26 PM
im all for it, but i know i wont be able too on october 30.

Yucari
08-23-2004, 12:44 AM
im all for it, but i know i wont be able too on october 30.

Same, will be at Anime USA...

Darkskuld
08-23-2004, 11:22 AM
Check this out :P

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=24689

Ginger Catgirl
08-23-2004, 11:38 AM
I would love to help organize. I actually don't live in MD, but my dad lives there (well, here, I'm actually here as of now) so I visit all the time. I would probably have an easier time with one down here than a Jersey one! *laughs* I just have too much going on at home o_O

MissLauren
08-23-2004, 07:49 PM

who cares if theres more then one! :P

oh and i wanna help too. :D

now what type of get together are you aiming for? picnic? mini convention?

Sakurazukamori
08-23-2004, 08:06 PM
I think a picnic would be nice and i read that the OtakonWebBoards where talking about a mini con but thats was just us members talking, no one big lol but yes a picnic *nods* and i would love to help out too! that is if has to do with money....then i'll just bring food :D

MissLauren
08-23-2004, 09:56 PM
ooo..it should be a thanksgiving themes picnic! i know a few good places around here...

Costuming_Fiend
08-23-2004, 11:24 PM
Cosplay picnic idea sounds awesome! I'd love to come, and I'm free pretty much anytime. ^_^ Just arrange a time and I'll try to be there!

AngelicSorrow
08-23-2004, 11:28 PM
I wanna go! I may not have seen any of you at Otakon, but I wanna go and meet up with you other cosplayers! I wouldn't mind bringing any food to the picnic.

MissLauren
08-24-2004, 09:21 AM
:D

ee!

well, i know this rather nice park near my work called Robert E. Lee park is you wanna go there. then again, we should probably be aware of the weather too. >_> im sure none of you want to be outside when its 30-40 degree's in full costume.

Darkskuld
08-24-2004, 02:10 PM
who cares if theres more then one! :P

oh and i wanna help too. :D

now what type of get together are you aiming for? picnic? mini convention?

<pokes MissLauren>
I never said there can only be one... silly. I was just pointing out that there are other cosplayer in Maryland that are planning stuff which all are welcome to attend.

MissLauren
08-24-2004, 04:34 PM
<pokes MissLauren>
I never said there can only be one... silly. I was just pointing out that there are other cosplayer in Maryland that are planning stuff which all are welcome to attend.

i know, but saddley i will not be able to attend that one.

and for the sake of things

<pokes back and runs>

SailorMoonStar
08-25-2004, 03:03 PM

I know what you meant, Darkskuld. By the way, this is a year old, if no one has noticed, heh.

Also, for get-together wise, we take-over (heh^^) a restaurant, or Dave & Buster's, or maybe Six Flags???

+Gogo+
08-25-2004, 03:08 PM
Hi guys! I didn't get to go to Otakon, but I'd still love to go to this picnic....I could also bring food and stuff to the picnic...eee. Maybe we could bring books and other references for other members to look at while we all eat...or something ^^;

MissLauren
08-25-2004, 05:26 PM
a resturaunt sounds cool! howabout a hibachi place?

SailorMoonStar
08-25-2004, 06:23 PM
I vote Super Chinese Buffet, lol... j/k. I don't care if we go to a sushi place or a reg. place that has fries, etc. I think as long as everyone can afford it, and can easily get there things should go well. Also, choosing a date for this would also help...^^

MissLauren
08-25-2004, 06:37 PM
hmm..well...a date.

i might have a job at starbucks by then, and i dont really know my avalability yet. but im sure i could take off for a friday. i dont care either where we eat-or what we eat.

SailorMoonStar
08-25-2004, 06:47 PM
Yeah, I have the same problem, kinda. I'll know by Friday if I have this job at Suntrust, if I do my mon-fri evenings are out, unless people plan on going out at midnight. Which isn't likely. So I vote any weekend date... if I get this job that is... lol.

MissLauren
08-25-2004, 07:14 PM
yea, but when. o.o early/mid october?

+Gogo+
08-25-2004, 08:01 PM
October would be okay for me. A weekend would be best as I have college through the week, and a semi-job in the evenings.

I also like the idea of a restaurant...I've always wanted to go to one of those steak houses! *_* I think that's what a hibachi is too, or maybe I'm dumb. XD

SailorMoonStar
08-25-2004, 08:43 PM
Hmm... isn't a "hibachi" a japanese steak house? Um... I'm not sure. I got scared of japanese food after a trip to tokyo two years ago. As long as there is a variety avail. I'll totally come. The first weekend of Oct. is out, unless ya'll feel like celebrating my birthday. So, Oct. 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, or 24th?

Reiko
08-25-2004, 09:07 PM
Hibachi, its japanese food american-ized ^_^

Sakurazukamori
08-25-2004, 09:13 PM
I'll just go for the sushi thanks lol of course October may just be out of the question for me since thats my first month of college, who knows *sighs*

MissLauren
08-25-2004, 10:00 PM
hibachi, as in hibachi grill where they make the food infront of you. ^^;;

seriously im up for anything.

SailorMoonStar
08-25-2004, 11:55 PM
Oops! I didn't know about hibachi... :( Well I vote for the 23rd of October, maybe at 4-5pm??? At resturaunt that someone else will pick because I don't know where any hibachi places are... heh.

MissLauren
08-26-2004, 05:49 PM
well, theres this amazing place called Nichi Bei Kai in Lutherville/Towson/Timmonium (and if you live in that area is all the same damn place. lol)

also, Kobe in the Avanue at White Marsh is good too. but pricey. infact most japanese places are well, expensive.

AngelicSorrow
08-26-2004, 05:53 PM
I dunno, but if you guys lived near a place called Taipei Tokyo....I dunno I haven't really paid attention to when I went there...the food there is really good...I can cook some food if you guys didn't mind, but I'm not sure when or where we should meet up.
@.@ Don't look at me I'm bad at planning.

MissLauren
08-26-2004, 05:58 PM
I dunno, but if you guys lived near a place called Taipei Tokyo....I dunno I haven't really paid attention to when I went there...the food there is really good...I can cook some food if you guys didn't mind, but I'm not sure when or where we should meet up.
@.@ Don't look at me I'm bad at planning.

:o where is this Taipei Tokyo?

i went to a great place in downtown Annapolis, but the parking there is horrible.

howabout Outback Steakhouse?

Darkskuld
08-26-2004, 06:31 PM
never been to taipei tokyo...Any good?....there is one about 15min away from me though

AngelicSorrow
08-26-2004, 06:33 PM
It's in a new shopping center in front of the hospital...my mom says that it's on Shady Grove Road...Also, it's in the area of a Krispy Creme shop...*hearts* It's very good...The food is a mix between chinese and japanese cooking...very unique to me...

SailorMoonStar
08-26-2004, 06:39 PM
Well, trying something unique and new is always cool!^^

AngelicSorrow
08-26-2004, 06:49 PM
New...interesting...yea that's what it's all about right? Besides...I still have to scout the area out if there is any park/area where we could just all hang out at. There is an ice cream shop there too!

MissLauren
08-26-2004, 06:52 PM
shady grove...i sort of know where that is. o_o what area is it? :o glenn burnie? owings mills? harve de grace? o_0;;

AngelicSorrow
08-26-2004, 07:01 PM
\(O.o)/ I dunno....I'm not good at remembering these things...I'm going to try and check out the place on Saturday...T.T Sorry! I'm really bad at remembering...It has a Starbucks nearby, a Panera Bread, EB Games store, some strange european furniture store and a photoshop place...I can't remember the name of it!

SailorMoonStar
08-26-2004, 07:58 PM
Shady Grove sounds soooooooo fimiliar, but I can't think of where... making me crazy. But... I totally want ice cream the day we go!!^^

AngelicSorrow
08-26-2004, 08:04 PM
There seems to be a lot there, just need to figure out where it is....My family doesn't even remember what the place is called?! That is kinda sad....Anyways...What day would we want to go I know it would be on a weekend seeing that I'm going into High School this year... and I have some after school activities.
Anyone up for September 18th? I think that I'm cleared on that day so it's clear for me.

SailorMoonStar
08-26-2004, 08:17 PM
As of this momment, I'm free that weekend.

MissLauren
08-26-2004, 08:38 PM
september 18th sounds cool for now.

HeeroJF
08-26-2004, 09:37 PM
I'd love to join this event! My next two months will be pretty busy though, so I can't really predict when I'll be free other than on a week-by-week basis. And my transportation is limited, but if we go somewhere near a metro or if people are willing to carpool, then I can make it.

MissLauren
08-26-2004, 09:56 PM
im semi into carpooling, but i have rules;

gas money is a must
dont eat in my car
dont smoke in my car
and wear your seatbelt! :O

HeeroJF
08-26-2004, 10:01 PM
Thanks Lauren! I agree with all those rules. I will eat your seatbelt and smoke your gas money. :rolleyes:

Seriously, no problem.

AngelicSorrow
08-26-2004, 10:06 PM
My mom most likely will be willing to carpool some of you guys around to the area where we would be meeting up. Just im me to let me know if you can come, the name is AngelMicil. Anyways I've decided to work on my Wu mascot costume...That is off topic....Anyways Sept 18th is the date and the area around Taipei Tokyo should be okay.

SailorMoonStar
08-26-2004, 10:07 PM
My hubby just informed me that on Sept 17th Ghost in the Shell 2 is playing in some movie theater.

SailorMoonStar
08-26-2004, 10:11 PM
Also, I still don't know where Taipei Tokyo is... ~_~

AngelicSorrow
08-26-2004, 10:13 PM
I'm sorry?! I haven't figured out where it is myself?! I'll put up a notice when I figure out where it is okay?! I'm sorry everyone?!

SailorMoonStar
08-26-2004, 10:35 PM
Are you talking about the Taipei Tokyo in Rockville??????

AngelicSorrow
08-26-2004, 10:38 PM
Yea...I think so if there is a Krispy Creme nearby then that's it alright.

SailorMoonStar
08-26-2004, 10:45 PM
Ok, is it the one right near White Flint Mall?

Yucari
08-26-2004, 11:08 PM
Good lord. O_o I go to ocean city for a few days and this is what happens? XD;;;

Anyway, some ideas I've picked up on are:
-'taking over' a resturaunt of some sort
-picnic
-shady grove
-taipei tokyo in rockville

Um...yeah.

I was thinking along the lines of a picnic, though what we could do is go to a park, and then go out to dinner. Or something. (see, I'm lame and I want to fly a kite because I couldnt get it off the ground at ocean city and now I'm frustrated and yeah.)

Do you think we could do something around White Marsh Mall/Avenue @ White Marsh? Because Rockville is one hell of a trek for me (about an hour, I live in Reisterstown), but I end up at White Marsh often.

Or...Go for lunch somewhere and then go to a park? Or something? (the food court at WMM has a chicken teriyaki place... XD;; )

-Cari

MissLauren
08-27-2004, 12:25 AM
OMFG I LOVE ROCKVILLE.

watch me go to tyson's corner right after.

lol. ok. so what side of rockville pike is it on.

Sakurazukamori
08-27-2004, 12:33 AM
ahhh!!! all these places are too far for little old me who still can't drive yet ((yeah yeah i know :P)) but as long as it's sometime during this month or September then it's good *mutters* I'm beginning to hate college and it hasn't even started yet

SailorMoonStar
08-27-2004, 01:29 PM
Personally I'd never go to Rockville, if my husband didn't work there *coughs, gotta love Jaguar* but all I know is that it's on Rockville Pike. Here's a link that I think will help: Near by Stuff, and where it is^^ (http://www.digitalcity.com/washington/dining/venuenearby.adp?sbid=102302111&nearbytypekey=47&nearbytypekey=45&nearbytypekey=46&nearbytypekey=48&nearbytypekey=75&nearbytypekey=49&nearbytypekey=53&nearbytypekey=50&nearbytypekey=51&mapon=1) So, yeah, I can drive to where ever, my husband and I drive to NY once a month (7 hour drive) so, distance doesn't bug me much.

Darkskuld
08-27-2004, 01:55 PM
It's in a new shopping center in front of the hospital...my mom says that it's on Shady Grove Road...Also, it's in the area of a Krispy Creme shop...*hearts* It's very good...The food is a mix between chinese and japanese cooking...very unique to me...

Yea that was the one I was talking about. They have a smoothie king next to the starbucks. Yay for smoothie king

SailorMoonStar
08-27-2004, 02:05 PM
Ok, so is that the one near white flint mall?? No has told me yet. :(

Darkskuld
08-27-2004, 02:12 PM
No I don't think it is by white flint mall.. The one off of rockville pike

MissLauren
08-27-2004, 03:32 PM
rockville pike goes into gaithersberg (i dont know, prove me wrong) or something, so is it in rockville or will i wind up somewhere in west va again? :o (long story)

Darkskuld
08-27-2004, 05:32 PM
rockville pike goes into gaithersberg (i dont know, prove me wrong) or something, so is it in rockville or will i wind up somewhere in west va again? :o (long story)

yes you are correct rockville pike goes into gaithersburg. But it is nolonger called rockville pike...It is Fredreick ave.
There are 1 million different names for this one road just to confuse you more.

How did you end up in WV? :woah: I don't think 355 goes down that far. I look forward to hearing this story. <takes out notepad....muahaha> btw...There is a nice pool hall right near the resturant...we should all go play.

SailorMoonStar
08-27-2004, 09:25 PM
Even though I suck at pool, I totally love playing. Most pool halls are 18/21+ except for only one i know. What's the policy at that one your talking about?

MissLauren
08-27-2004, 11:14 PM
yes you are correct rockville pike goes into gaithersburg. But it is nolonger called rockville pike...It is Fredreick ave.
There are 1 million different names for this one road just to confuse you more.

How did you end up in WV? :woah: I don't think 355 goes down that far. I look forward to hearing this story. <takes out notepad....muahaha> btw...There is a nice pool hall right near the resturant...we should all go play.

well, i was suppost to pick up this guy to go to otakon (big mistake) and i was doing a test run to see where i was going. now i know rockville and bethesda well (dad worked down there, have family there, ect) so its not like i can get lost there easily.

except that i just kept going straight, and after a couple of turns, voila. west fucking virginia. sure it was a couple of hours...but eh...what else is there to do on a lazy summer day?

momo_anzu
08-27-2004, 11:35 PM
Darkskuld beat me to it^_^

For those of you who can make it, on the 17th of October some Marylanders will be getting together at the Bel Air PuttPutt's to play Laser tag and ddr. Costumes not required but VERY welcome^_^

AngelicSorrow
08-28-2004, 01:21 AM
17th of October? Bel Air? *confused* Uhhhhh...I think I might stay with my September 18th plans...So...I can't play pool?! I'm way too young?! T.T Sucks to be 15....Anyways...So more than one person can go? Okay....*writes down in a notepad* Ja ne!

Sakurazukamori
08-28-2004, 02:53 AM
eh...i'm out of state by then *sighs* October is just not a good month for me, i guess i'll just see all of you at Otakon next year

SailorMoonStar
08-28-2004, 10:56 AM
The only pool halls, etc. that I know of that take >18 is the pool hall on Route 40 in Cantonsville, and I think Dave and Busters (BEFORE 9pm!) in Bethesda. If there's more post them, because I don't know of 'em.

AngelicSorrow
08-28-2004, 07:20 PM
Maybe we could have other meetings like during Winter Break and Spring? You think, but I'm getting ahead of myself...Anyways I wouldn't really enjoy going to a pook hall....just not my thing. Besides...I'm trying to become a chef here! *runs off into restaurants to raid the pantries*

Yucari
08-29-2004, 12:11 PM
Darkskuld beat me to it^_^

For those of you who can make it, on the 17th of October some Marylanders will be getting together at the Bel Air PuttPutt's to play Laser tag and ddr. Costumes not required but VERY welcome^_^

I'd love to do that, just as long as I dont end up being the only one in a costume XD; (I've never played lazer tag...)

-Cari

Darkskuld
08-30-2004, 03:03 PM
I know of a couple pool halls that do not care what age you are. In the rockville, gaithersburg area. so it's not a big deal

SailorMoonStar
08-30-2004, 04:59 PM
Hmm... well, We could all just meet up at the one Taipei Tokyo we keep talking about. Or another place to eat. We'll eat & hang out for a little while, etc. Then from there we could figure out where we all wanna go after that, or could split up in groups. We could go to the park, the pool hall, get ice cream, or anything else we come up with, and others could just go home if they only wanted to go out for food. I think this would make most people happy. I vote we keep it for Sept. 18th so plans don't change too much.

MissLauren
08-30-2004, 10:03 PM
sounds good to me. do we have to cosplay, yes or no

SailorMoonStar
08-30-2004, 11:29 PM
I don't mind if people wanna cosplay, personally I'm not. I'm stilling working on my "first ever" two costumes, and they won't be done till anime usa. So, sadly, you'll only see me in my normal everyday freaky wear. :P

Darkskuld
08-31-2004, 10:12 AM
Ok here are the plans then

Sept 18 at the Rockville Taipei Tokyo
at noon.

cosplay is optional

MissLauren
08-31-2004, 10:59 AM
question: ill be coming into rocville from baltimore, so once i get on the pike, will taipei be on the left or the right, and will i be able to see it? (or is it like fuddrucker's and you hafta guess? :P )

Darkskuld
08-31-2004, 11:09 AM
question: ill be coming into rocville from baltimore, so once i get on the pike, will taipei be on the left or the right, and will i be able to see it? (or is it like fuddrucker's and you hafta guess? :P )

If you are going north on 355 it will be on your left. You should beable to see it from the road.

SailorMoonStar
08-31-2004, 12:35 PM
This is the one right???:
Name: Taipei Tokyo Cafe #2
Address: 1596-A Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852
Phone: (301) 881-8533
Fax: (301) 881-8538
Opened: Sun-Thur: 11.30am - 10.00pm, Fri-Sat: 11.30am - 10.30pm

Darkskuld
08-31-2004, 01:33 PM

correct...

SailorMoonStar
08-31-2004, 07:13 PM
Yippee!^^ So, who's all coming?

Yucari
08-31-2004, 07:50 PM
Yippee!^^ So, who's all coming?

I'm sure as hell going to try (I did start this thread), but because its in rockville, and currently I'm pissed as hell at my father, I dont know if I can get a ride. (Lauren, if my mom says yes then I shall mooch a ride off you.)

-Cari

HeeroJF
08-31-2004, 08:42 PM
According to my map, it's sitting practically on top of the Twinbrook metro station, is it not?? If so then I'm there!! Saturday the 18th at noon is it? I can already imagine myself going through my cosplay wardrobe all hyper going "what do I wear? what do I wear?"

MissLauren
08-31-2004, 09:42 PM
i might have to go as 'generic chinese dress anime girl' unless i makeshit a wig. :P

AngelicSorrow
08-31-2004, 10:46 PM
I'm going since I've thought up the idea...I'm gonna wear my Ashton Anchors robe if I can fix it...It's supposed to be fixed right now...X.X I'll never beable to get to it. OR I'll show up in my black ro creme dress that I bought for some dances last year that I never went to...So let's see...Okay, see ya there!

SailorMoonStar
08-31-2004, 11:39 PM
Should we all just meet outside at noon? Wait about 20 minutes for late comers to show. Also, it would be a good time for introductions too. Hmm... is this like a fast food order-sit down thing? Or like we all gotta sit at a table and get a waiter and stuff? Cause I don't know. :P Also, if this is a dining and having a waiter type of place I think someone might have to let them know we are coming for a table, etc. Think they have saki? :P I'm guessing there will be 8+ people coming.
I think I'll wear this black oriential shirt I have. It's cute and dips.^^

Darkskuld
09-01-2004, 01:52 PM
Should we all just meet outside at noon? Wait about 20 minutes for late comers to show. Also, it would be a good time for introductions too. Hmm... is this like a fast food order-sit down thing? Or like we all gotta sit at a table and get a waiter and stuff? Cause I don't know. :P Also, if this is a dining and having a waiter type of place I think someone might have to let them know we are coming for a table, etc. Think they have saki? :P I'm guessing there will be 8+ people coming.
I think I'll wear this black oriential shirt I have. It's cute and dips.^^

Yea that sounds like a good idea. We should all wait outside because it will cause more confusion if we just went in. I am sure they have saki but it is probably the cheap stuff. I will be going and probably fusghi-chan and some of the BVs. (The saki tempts you fusghi-chan....don't ignore the saki) <grins>

SailorMoonStar
09-01-2004, 02:00 PM
Yippee! Saki! :) Yeah, it's ok if it's cheap. Well, kinda. lol.

Darkskuld
09-01-2004, 02:39 PM
Yippee! Saki! :) Yeah, it's ok if it's cheap. Well, kinda. lol.

blah...cheap saki tastes really bad. :P Kinda like bush beer.

SailorMoonStar
09-01-2004, 03:19 PM
Hmm... well, the ONLY reason I don't mind, is my first time ever being drunk, was off of cooking saki mixed with cherry kool-aid... yeah, I got sick and was crawling around in the grass in my back yard, at the time. Well, now I can't stand cherry kool-aid. ^_^ Though I can stand saki. All beer tastes nasty, though.

AngelicSorrow
09-01-2004, 03:56 PM
I would guess I could call and reserve a spot...I'm pretty sure that they serve saki if they serve sushi there. It's sorta like you enter they give you a table, you sit down and eat type of thing. Very nice restaurant, they have a nice painting on the wall when you enter. Uhhh...Yeah, I think that's all...Drinking?! But I'm underage?!

SailorMoonStar
09-01-2004, 05:52 PM
I would guess I could call and reserve a spot...I'm pretty sure that they serve saki if they serve sushi there. It's sorta like you enter they give you a table, you sit down and eat type of thing. Very nice restaurant, they have a nice painting on the wall when you enter. Uhhh...Yeah, I think that's all...Drinking?! But I'm underage?!

I don't think a ton of people are going to get drunk or anything. Hmm... if it offends you if I drank a little saki, then I'll respectfully won't drink any. I'll just drink some soda. If you wanna reserve the table, that would be cool.
Btw, I think people should really try bring cash, and not use their debit/credit cards. This is to make it easier when the bill comes.^^

By the way, a little fun fact for everyone. If you start pouring soy sauce (alot!) over your plain bowl of rice in Japan, people could start looking at you funny, and probably gasp, etc. Why??? I have no idea. It just kept happening to my friend.^^

MissLauren
09-01-2004, 05:53 PM
i never liked sake. made me sick. x_x

is this fushigi-chan..she lives in bethesda right? and sold EGL stuff at otakon, right?

if so i better bring my sister. they were uhh...twins of doom..or something.

SailorMoonStar
09-01-2004, 05:57 PM
Looks like i'm just bringing my hubby with me.^^ Rest of my friends work or hate japanese food. :P

MissLauren
09-01-2004, 06:33 PM
if my boyfriend wasnt working i would take him.

but he hates anime (and many of the fans) so he wouldnt go regardless. o_o;

HeeroJF
09-01-2004, 08:10 PM
Well I'm not bringing anyone, being single and all. And also make sure you're lenient on the arrival time... I'll try to be there at noon sharp, but as with all my transportation, I have to rely on bus schedules and catching the right ones, and so I might end up being either pretty early or pretty late. Always hard to predict. Just look for Yohji!

SailorMoonStar
09-01-2004, 08:41 PM
Hmm... I think's that 9 of us so far.

AngelicSorrow
09-01-2004, 11:36 PM
Yohji? Uhhh, don't know who that is....I'm most likely going to show up in a black and silver robe type thing. It's going to be a pain to walk in....Ugh....Anyways...I don't mind if you drink saki...it's just that they might get the wrong idea if they see all of the adults drinking it...X.X.
There's a Starbucks there! *runs over to Starbucks* I just love the drinks there...
So, okay I'm showing up I might be able to bring a person with me. She might bring some other people...
Cash? I might be able to bring like $30, but that's just me since I don't work. T.T Stupid being a student...
>^.^< I can't wait! Need to make Chipp's swimsuit...original costume...I might wear that if it's not freezing.

SailorMoonStar
09-02-2004, 02:04 PM
Hmmm... who's got/bringing cell phones? Just in case people get lost, or need to inform that their going to be late, etc. etc. I'll have mine.^_~

MissLauren
09-02-2004, 05:44 PM
ill have mine! :D

SailorMoonStar
09-02-2004, 10:29 PM
Hehe. Looks like Sept. 18th is all set up. AngelicSorrow: post when you've reserved the table.
Looks like there might be a gathering for Hero, too, if anybody didn't know. (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=820680#post820680) I guess it's suppose to be on Sept 10th or 12th. Who knows where or what time. No one can decide.

AngelicSorrow
09-03-2004, 01:11 AM
I'll have my cell an I'm working on getting my hands on a phone to call the place....T.T Evil school work...as soon as I get a clear day...let's say tomorrow. I'll check and see if we can reserve.

MissLauren
09-03-2004, 10:08 AM
anyone have an idea on prices there?

SailorMoonStar
09-03-2004, 11:13 AM
Most japanese places are pretty pricey I thought. Roughly $10 for a decent dish w/out drink. So, maybe $15 per person (whole meal, drink, and tip?) to be safe. If you spend less, then everything is cool, and you go home with extra money.

AngelicSorrow
09-04-2004, 11:42 AM
My mom says that this isn't the right one....she keeps telling me that it's on Shady Grove...Uhhh...can anyone help me? I'm kinda lost again....I'm going to reserve I guess? But how many people? That's what I sorta need to know...should I say 9?

MissLauren
09-04-2004, 02:38 PM
Most japanese places are pretty pricey I thought. Roughly $10 for a decent dish w/out drink. So, maybe $15 per person (whole meal, drink, and tip?) to be safe. If you spend less, then everything is cool, and you go home with extra money.

usually hibachi places are rather pricey. normal sit down ones arent, tho. it also depends on what you get. i usually get veggie tempura or cucumber sushi and my bill totals to about 5-10 dollars.

SailorMoonStar
09-04-2004, 10:46 PM
Hmm... check out this site: http://www.washingtonian.com/dining/whats_new/oct03.html Yeah, that's pretty far. I guess we can't go to taipei tokyo #2, can we???

AngelicSorrow
09-04-2004, 11:22 PM
Sorry...guys....I'm having parental issues over here...If someone else could reserve it would be fine...My parents don't want me to call up the place because I'm a child and usually children don't ask for a table for 9...

MissLauren
09-04-2004, 11:57 PM
im refusing to drive in dc.

which makes no sense since ill happily go to bethesda, rockville, and most/all or northern va. o_o;

MegaPlayboy-kun
09-05-2004, 12:28 AM
[BV]Zero will be joining [BV]Darkskuld that weekend...

if not, we'll have a party at the new place!

AngelicSorrow
09-05-2004, 03:25 PM
OKay, I'm going to reserve today...definately...
<-- Really is going to reserve seeing that I've convinced my mom to let me.
Let's all gather around the restaurant before hand I'll probably show up around 12 hopefully without my mother...I hate it when she tags along with me..-.-;

Let's see 9 people...right?

Time: How about 12:30 pm....
At: Name: Taipei Tokyo Cafe #2

Right? People! Awnser me?! Please?! T.T Here's Kirby to entertain you!
"<(0.0"<) (>"0.0)>" "<(0.0)>" "<(0.0"<) (>"0.0)>" "<(0.0)>" "<(0.0"<) (>"0.0)>" "<(0.0)>" "<(0.0"<) (>"0.0)>" "<(0.0)>" "<(0.0"<)

MissLauren
09-05-2004, 03:41 PM
sounds like a plan!

SailorMoonStar
09-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Whoa, heh, that was confusing for a minute there. Yeah! Plans seem final. Yes, there will be at least 9 people I think. Maybe more. Dunno.

im refusing to drive in dc.
Omg! I don't like d.c. very much either. One of the times i was there you won't believe what happened!!! A group of friends and I were heading back to our cars from getting out of the Black Cat, when we noticed a guy peeing on a car, 2 cars away from my car. THEN after getting out of the parking spot and went up the street we seem this guy getting beat up by a group of people on the corner! :( So, horrible. :lost:

MissLauren
09-05-2004, 09:37 PM
Omg! I don't like d.c. very much either. One of the times i was there you won't believe what happened!!! A group of friends and I were heading back to our cars from getting out of the Black Cat, when we noticed a guy peeing on a car, 2 cars away from my car. THEN after getting out of the parking spot and went up the street we seem this guy getting beat up by a group of people on the corner! :( So, horrible. :lost:

:( yea..thats why i dont go there. i fear for my car (i have a show car, as did my boyfriend. his got stolen, i fear for mine.)

SailorMoonStar
09-06-2004, 12:10 PM
D.C.'s just not a happy place to be all the time. I don't think anyone's gonna steal my car...lol. I might have a show car one day, er... more likely forced to have a show car one day. :P
Btw...anyone on this thread/taipei tokyo meet up, planning on going to Anime usa?

Yucari
09-06-2004, 03:53 PM
D.C.'s just not a happy place to be all the time. I don't think anyone's gonna steal my car...lol. I might have a show car one day, er... more likely forced to have a show car one day. :P
Btw...anyone on this thread/taipei tokyo meet up, planning on going to Anime usa?

I'm going to AUSA as Belial and Kagura (check the signature). Isn't there going to be a MD cosplayers shoot?

Note: I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it yet, hopefully I'll be able to ask the parents this evening and I should know by tomorrow.
-Cari

AngelicSorrow
09-06-2004, 04:02 PM
I can't make it to Anime USA, but Otakon and Maybe Katsukon...I just need costumes before I go to them. So I'm going to call and...Wait?! My mom just handed me the little menu that you can take from the restaurant and this is address...
Tapei Tokyo
Tel: 301-738-8813
Fax: 301-738-8817
Open 7 days: 11:30 am-9:30 pm
Lunch Hours: 11:30 am-3:00 pm
Fallsgrove Village Center
14921-D Shady Grove Road
Rockville, MD 20850
Uhhhh.....My mom's not letting me go to any other Taipei Tokyo...so is this one okay?
Please respond before 9 pm! Please?!

SailorMoonStar
09-06-2004, 06:01 PM
I think that's the one from before. Border of D.C. Plus, I dunno if people can reach it from the light rail... um, I think that's why people wanted to go to the one on rockville pike. Why can't your mom let you go to the one on the pike? It's not like it's un-safe...

SailorMoonStar
09-06-2004, 06:05 PM
I'm going to AUSA as Belial and Kagura (check the signature). Isn't there going to be a MD cosplayers shoot?
-Cari
If I'm correct the MD cosplay shoot is at 3pm. In the lobby or in front of the hotel.

AngelicSorrow
09-06-2004, 06:08 PM
Hmmm....My mom thinks that there isn't a Taipei Tokyo there, so the reservation isn't going to be done until tomorrow at the earliest....X.X STupid mother...why can't you believe me when I say that there's one there...*mumbling curse words underneath her breath* ggrrrr... Oh well...I hope the reservation goes smoothly...

SailorMoonStar
09-06-2004, 06:21 PM
That's so weird... >_< There's map quest and a actual phone # for the rockville pike one. If you have it at shady grove, I don't think there's going to be as many ppl coming. That's just my opinion.

AngelicSorrow
09-06-2004, 06:25 PM
I know...my mom could call..but she's probably too lazy...too...So I guess that I'm going to ask her to call after 9 on her cell so that she can make sure that it's there and everything so that she can get it finished today, ya know dood? ~Mi Xun Rinoa

SailorMoonStar
09-06-2004, 06:27 PM
Heh. This is a pain in the butt for some Japanese food. lol.

AngelicSorrow
09-06-2004, 06:30 PM
I never knew that planning out a group outing to a restaurant could be so tedious..@.@ Man! I thought that it was just going to be a call and a show up type of thing...man was I wrong...~Mi Xun Rinoa

SailorMoonStar
09-06-2004, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I noticed too. My Hero movie gathering is kind of a bust. But, it happens. Besides, worst case situation would be only like 2 or 3 people showing up! :( That would suck...

AngelicSorrow
09-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Meh, as long as I meet people I'm happy.~ Mi Xun Rinoa

AngelicSorrow
09-10-2004, 06:24 PM
Ohhh, my mom has already ummm...reserved the table it's underneat Nichole Lee. Just meet inside the restaurant okay?~Mi Xun Rinoa

SailorMoonStar
09-11-2004, 02:07 AM
Someone has to be outside to flag people down. But also, someone to hold the table, heh. Is your mom dining with us?

Inamichan
09-11-2004, 02:31 AM
I...never saw this thread. o_o I'm new to Baltimore (from North Carolina ^^; ) and have no idea where any of this is...or what day, either. >__>

How far is this place from, say...MICA? >.>;

Sakurazukamori
09-11-2004, 08:58 AM
I...never saw this thread. o_o I'm new to Baltimore (from North Carolina ^^; ) and have no idea where any of this is...or what day, either. >__>

How far is this place from, say...MICA? >.>;
hey i was going to go to that school lol i think the place is further south *nods* but i can't make it do to college stuff *sighs* :(

SailorMoonStar
09-11-2004, 12:44 PM
If MICA is directly in Baltimore (cause I dunno), um... about an hour and 45 minutes (by car) with slight traffic. Look it up on mapquest.

MissLauren
09-11-2004, 01:48 PM
MICA is in downtown bmore.

if you take the jonesfalls, go north. take the pikesville exit (that will take you to 695) go south for a while untill you see 95 south. take the washington part. its pretty straight through, and eventually youll see an exit for rockville/bethesda. take the rockville part. itll land you on the pike and then you go from there. ^_^ if you need any help (i hope those directions make sense) PM me.

Inamichan
09-11-2004, 02:01 PM
hey i was going to go to that school lol i think the place is further south *nods* but i can't make it do to college stuff *sighs* :(

LOL small world :)

MICA is in downtown bmore.

if you take the jonesfalls, go north. take the pikesville exit (that will take you to 695) go south for a while untill you see 95 south. take the washington part. its pretty straight through, and eventually youll see an exit for rockville/bethesda. take the rockville part. itll land you on the pike and then you go from there. ^_^ if you need any help (i hope those directions make sense) PM me.

Thanks, but...I don't have a car (or a license), and can't drive there. ^^; That's a really long way to go from here, I don't think I'll be able to make it. o__o;

SailorMoonStar
09-11-2004, 05:44 PM
Hehe, I just back from visiting/seeing if I could find it. I got lost for like 15 minutes. The traffic sucks, real bad! :( The twin brooks metro thingie is so like right next to the plaza where taipei tokyo is. Hmm... like a 4 or 5 minute walk. I'm glad Angelic (thanks!) got reservations. Omg, it's not a huge place, and like if all 9 or so of us came in unexpected, hehe, well, I'd feel sorry for the waiter(ess). But, instead they know we're coming, heh, very cool! One week to go!^_^

MissLauren
09-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Hehe, I just back from visiting/seeing if I could find it. I got lost for like 15 minutes. The traffic sucks, real bad! :( The twin brooks metro thingie is so like right next to the plaza where taipei tokyo is. Hmm... like a 4 or 5 minute walk. I'm glad Angelic (thanks!) got reservations. Omg, it's not a huge place, and like if all 9 or so of us came in unexpected, hehe, well, I'd feel sorry for the waiter(ess). But, instead they know we're coming, heh, very cool! One week to go!^_^

hey..where are some major land marks around it? i know ill get lost and ill be driving around looking for it...and my SUV eats gasoline so thats no fun. :o

SailorMoonStar
09-12-2004, 12:45 AM
It's in the same little plaza as Radio Shack and directly connected to brothers pizza place. Um... there's is other plaza totally in the middle of contruction, it's right across the street. I'd say look for the name on the outside bill board/sign, because you can't see taipei from the road too well.

MissLauren
09-12-2004, 10:34 AM
alrighty...i probably wont get too lost *lol*.

oh crap.

btw, i have an art class on saturday so i wont get there untill like...12:45 or 1pm. ~_~

SailorMoonStar
09-12-2004, 12:22 PM
Everyone is suppose to start getting there at 12:30pm, which is roughly around when I "wake up" each morning (11:45am, normally), heh. So, I might be a little late myself. But, from over sleeping...lol. That's why I thought of that 20-25 minute waiting period.

AngelicSorrow
09-12-2004, 02:58 PM
Everyone's going to be a little late? X.X Oh well... just try to get there as close to the time as you can, please? I don't want to hold on to the table for one hour!~Mi Xun Rinoa

MissLauren
09-12-2004, 06:58 PM
i cant help it; i find college to be more important then everything else right now. :P

SailorMoonStar
09-12-2004, 08:40 PM
It's not that everyone is going to be late. It's just don't expect everyone to get there at 12:30 on the dot. When there is a large group going some where you always wanna put a 20-25 minute late gap for traffic, missed buses/trains, and naturally late people. It's just the way life is, heh. Maybe on thursday someone should send out a mass like of pm for everyone on the thread who said they were coming, just in case they forgot to re-check the thread. maybe?

MissLauren
09-13-2004, 09:50 AM
hey, someone pm me their celly so i can call you when im in rockville and go 'hey guess what!! i dont know where im going!' XD lol i will get lost, so i will need to get in touch with someone.

Darkskuld
09-13-2004, 11:35 AM
[BV]Zero will be joining [BV]Darkskuld that weekend...

if not, we'll have a party at the new place!

^_^;

party? what is this party you speak of?

SailorMoonStar
09-13-2004, 06:20 PM
5 days to go everyone! ^___^

MissLauren
09-13-2004, 06:56 PM
yay! :D i cant wait! i hope i have a full tank of gas. x_x

SailorMoonStar
09-14-2004, 10:25 AM
Btw... since it's a not a huge place, I hope no one plans on bringing props, huge ones at that. ~_~

MissLauren
09-14-2004, 09:40 PM
oh man..

i could see someone's prop catching on fire (if its a hibachi grill)

SailorMoonStar
09-15-2004, 12:19 AM
I didn't see that far inside. That would be sooo bad if a prop got on fire. I was more worried about anyone's props getting in the way of the table or like hitting people by mistake and/or tripping people. ^_~

MissLauren
09-16-2004, 11:59 PM
I hate to do this, but Im afraid I wont be able to go due to health reason's. Sorry guys. Have fun tho!

HeeroJF
09-17-2004, 11:08 AM
So, we're still planning on tomorrow, in Rockville at 12:30? I've been wondering, will other people be interested in going shopping afterwards? I've got a few places I'd like to hit, it'd be more fun to have company, especially in costume. ^__^

Sorry you can't come Lauren... maybe next time we do something. Hope you feel better soon!

SailorMoonStar
09-17-2004, 12:37 PM
Tomorrow still looks like a go. Looks like I'm probably only coming for food. I have arrands to run. On, top of that I have Ausa tickets to buy, so, not a ton of money to go around. I'm glad your coming Heero, I was soooooo reconsidering going if me and my husband were gonna be the only people in their 20's. I mean, I know age shouldn't matter and all... but it's creepy for a person to be over 21 and in a group that's like only 14-17. If there's a mixture then it's ok, if not, yeah, that's a bit odd. So, that's 5 of us for sure?
Lauren: Awwwww.... sorry you can't come for the health reasons. I was looking forward to meeting ya. ^_~ Oh, well. Maybe next time. heh.

HeeroJF
09-18-2004, 01:26 AM
Yay! I saved the ship of the 20's people from sinking!

See you tomorrow! Look for me and call me over if you see me. I'll be loitering around the entrance looking for the group, not knowing who I'm looking for. Remember look for Yohji.

SailorMoonStar
09-19-2004, 01:48 PM
To whom ever this may concern: Sorry I couldn't make it to D&B's. There was a TON of miscommunication and transportation issuses with my friends. My friend didn't get home till 1am for work, because of error. So, over all, gomen!

AngelicSorrow
09-19-2004, 08:14 PM
I'm back! I guess it was a success? Anyways, glad to meet you guys and you left me and Heero there for like 45 mins alone?! T.T No one loves me....Anyways I was thinking maybe we could make another event?~Mi Xun Rinoa

SailorMoonStar
09-19-2004, 10:36 PM
Awww... I really didn't mean to be late. ~_~ And we all love you. hehe. I'm just a very late person, something always happens... :P I think this is why when I make plans everyone tell's me it's an hour earlier then it actual is to get me there on time. The next place we pick out, PLEASE no japanese food. I love lots of japanese stuff but not their food. Hmmm... well, let me pop out an idea. How about Six flags America? Costumes could been worn if wanted. But not Oct. 2nd, though. That's my b-day party day thingie. Maybe a Sunday, or the 10th of oct. (labor day weekend)?

Sakurazukamori
09-19-2004, 11:31 PM
too bad i missed it, i love Japanese food! ^_^ and i don't think i can make it to any other events since *cough* college starts soon for me *sighs* but if i can make it to AUSA on sunday and if you guys are going then maybe there? who knows but count on Otakon next year.

MissLauren
09-20-2004, 12:02 AM
10th of october ill be at the ren. fest. and october 30th is my sisters bat mitzvah. and i hate to ask..but could we do it closer to b-more if possible? e_e

HEY!

howabout we all go to renfest?

**sorry i didnt go! was the food an good?**

SailorMoonStar
09-20-2004, 01:45 AM
The renfest is a awesome idea! The cider.... @_@ I've been waiting so long to try it (had to turn 21). Heh.
I only suggested Six Flags cause I have season passes I never used. :( I just wanna go once, just to have used my tickets. heh.
The food was ok.
God... I swear I used to be on this "I love everything Japanese." "I love everything from anime." Until I went there and delt with the food. Omg, I ate a bowls of plain rice w/ soy sauce for 4 days straight. I'm really into the "trying new things," but when the plain uncooked tofu, octopus, fish head, and the greasy shrimp keep happening I almost freaked. I'm not a fan of seafood in general. So, yeah I love the Japanese culture except the food and their kakroke booths. Heh.
So....anyway... Lauren, I guess you can't make it to any of ausa then, right?

AngelicSorrow
09-22-2004, 04:09 PM
What about Kasucon? I'm sure some people can go. I am totally getting raedy to go for it. Just a few more weeks and just one grading quarter that I can't fail and then I'm going to totally be able to go. How about...I dunno...I can't really go to renfest. My mom thinks that going to those things is evil...hmmm...How about we all go and see a movie? Maybe at Regal theaters...
Off topic: My grandmother died today, so if I seem depressed then I'm sorry.
~Mi Xun Rinoa

Darkskuld
09-22-2004, 04:15 PM
To whom ever this may concern: Sorry I couldn't make it to D&B's. There was a TON of miscommunication and transportation issuses with my friends. My friend didn't get home till 1am for work, because of error. So, over all, gomen!

It is ok..don't worry about it. We went to DB for a total of 15min then decded to get something to eat. ^^

Darkskuld
09-22-2004, 04:17 PM
What about Kasucon? I'm sure some people can go. I am totally getting raedy to go for it. Just a few more weeks and just one grading quarter that I can't fail and then I'm going to totally be able to go. How about...I dunno...I can't really go to renfest. My mom thinks that going to those things is evil...hmmm...How about we all go and see a movie? Maybe at Regal theaters...
Off topic: My grandmother died today, so if I seem depressed then I'm sorry.
~Mi Xun Rinoa

I am sorry to hear that your grandmother died.

AngelicSorrow
09-22-2004, 05:05 PM
>^.^< It's okay! I knew that she would eventually since she had cancer...It was kinda depressing when I got the message because I should've backed out at the meeting and I should've gone to Virginia to see her, but I didn't...T.T~Mi Xun Rinoa

Yucari
09-22-2004, 05:14 PM
10th of october ill be at the ren. fest. and october 30th is my sisters bat mitzvah. and i hate to ask..but could we do it closer to b-more if possible? e_e

HEY!

howabout we all go to renfest?

**sorry i didnt go! was the food an good?**

I second the "closer to baltimore" statement.
I'm not sure about the ren fest, where is it? o_o *never been*
If not, how about somewhere in towson? maybeplease<3?

(PS: I think theres a japanese resturaunt on reisterstown road in pikesville maybe? I dunno, but I remember there being a kareoke place right by it too.)

MissLauren
09-22-2004, 08:23 PM
that place sucks so bad. i know sme great places, but theyr all small. we could always go somewhere that doesnt have japanese food, like strapazza's. :D

MissLauren
09-22-2004, 08:27 PM
Sorry about your gramma my dear. :/
SMStar-nope. -_- I wanted to go this year since I drive down there all the time. BUT a Bat Mitzvah (especially ones sister) is more important. ^_^;

I wont be going to Katsucon-No money, and Ill probably be busy with school or work. :/

Im still set on the ren fest idea. I mean, you can dress up and it's deemed ok in public there! *lol*

Neko-Its closer to Annapolis. I dont know if you remember my boyfriend from my Halloween party a good year ago, but he's driving down. -^^ Your welcome to go! Its like 17 bucks a person. x_x'

SailorMoonStar
09-23-2004, 12:42 AM
Angelic-Sorry about your grandma. :( Don't beat yourself about not visiting.
Lauren- You'll probably have more fun at the bat mitzvah then ausa anyway, heh. Let us know how it goes.
Darkskuld- only 15 min?? Good thing I didn't show up after all. I would of been looking for y'all and you wouldn't of been there. heh. It all worked out in the long run.
Anyone from the past meet-up- Yeah, I never met up with "fans" before. Like everyone "knows" eachother. Very awkward to deal with while being polite and passive. Maybe I'm not a super fan. I don't know. I really wanted to point that out.
Everyone else- If whatever is planned closer to baltimore then it means a less of a drive for me. heh. Which is good. Ren fest would be fun. I'll see, etc. I'm still going to six flags at some point. Not sure when. If any of the gathering are going to be Japanese food places, I'm going to have to pass because well, I don't wanna eat JP food again. We could go to any Friendly's and eat ice cream? Very fun. ^_^ Maybe a pool hall like mentioned a few pages back? Movie wise, I still haven't seen Hero...but, whatever. Maybe someone wanna hold a anime night at their place? I don't know, just having lots of thoughts here... heh. That's all.

MissLauren
09-23-2004, 06:20 PM
Anyone from the past meet-up- Yeah, I never met up with "fans" before. Like everyone "knows" eachother. Very awkward to deal with while being polite and passive. Maybe I'm not a super fan. I don't know. I really wanted to point that out.
Everyone else- If whatever is planned closer to baltimore then it means a less of a drive for me. heh. Which is good. Ren fest would be fun. I'll see, etc. I'm still going to six flags at some point. Not sure when. If any of the gathering are going to be Japanese food places, I'm going to have to pass because well, I don't wanna eat JP food again. We could go to any Friendly's and eat ice cream? Very fun. ^_^ Maybe a pool hall like mentioned a few pages back? Movie wise, I still haven't seen Hero...but, whatever. Maybe someone wanna hold a anime night at their place? I don't know, just having lots of thoughts here... heh. That's all.

fans? stalkers? o_O whaaaaat?

hmm. well, id love to go to six flags, but i have no money. -.-''

SailorMoonStar
09-23-2004, 11:35 PM
Um....heh, how do I explain. I was telling my friend about the meet-up that just happened and he was like "oh, you met fans." Not stalkers, heh. I'm not sure what that meant, but it kinda explained the awkwardness. It went away after a while, which was nice. I more annoyed by the food then anything else. My salmon sushi was horrible. I had 4 and almost puked on the 2nd one I tried eating. It was kinda like octopus/chewed gum with rice and the seaweed. SOOO bad!
Six flags should be like less then $20 in October. Maybe with a coke or pepsi can.

HeeroJF
09-28-2004, 08:44 PM
I'd love to go to Six Flags for I haven't gone to a theme park in years, but I have no idea how I would get there. Where is six flags? Is there any way at all to get there?

In the meantime, anyone up for seeing Sky Captain? I still haven't seen Hero either. I'd like to do either this weekend...

Darkskuld
09-29-2004, 03:37 PM
hmm. well, id love to go to six flags, but i have no money. -.-''

neither do I...Just spent 1500 on a new computer :P

SailorMoonStar
09-30-2004, 11:23 AM
It looks like there will be a very good chance I could go to Ren. fest Oct. 10th.

AngelicSorrow
09-30-2004, 09:38 PM
Can't do anything. >^.^< Sorry guys! I'm too busy to do anything so many costumes and having to deal with violent ex-bfs. I have a DDR party on Saturday...*hearts* So Ja ne!~Mi Xun Rinoa

SailorMoonStar
09-30-2004, 10:24 PM
Saturday (the 2nd) is my b-day party (with ddr, heh)... so I'm busy. My friends are basically taking me to Bennigan's to get drunk and eat cake and pocky. :P So, exciting.

AngelicSorrow
09-30-2004, 10:28 PM
Yep, if anyone wants to know...my ex is a psyco he just got evaluated or something today...or yesterday, I'm not sure... Anyways I'm so busy! I haven't had any pocky since Otakon....hmmm...I need to hunt down some of my pocky suppliers again...Ja ne!~Mi Xun Rinoa

SailorMoonStar
10-01-2004, 10:56 AM
By the way you've described your ex-b/f he is crazy and needs his a$$ kicked or worst! I hope he's not bugging you anymore.

AngelicSorrow
10-01-2004, 09:05 PM
Let's see...He choked me, said that suicide was selfish, but wanted and tried to commit suicide and he said that he still loved me....that's just some bs....Anyways...There's a DDR party at my friend's house... His name's Johnathan Fahey. Call this number if you want to know any other info except for it's tomorrow and it's at 2 pm until whenever you want to leave. Costumes aren't really needed, but you can come in one if you want to.~Mi Xun Rinoa

SailorMoonStar
10-03-2004, 08:22 PM
He choked you? OMFG! He should be in jail, you know. Also, you can IM me if you ever need to talk about anything. Never hold stuff in if you don't need to.

AngelicSorrow
10-05-2004, 09:45 PM
He probably tried to commit suicide today...or he did kill himself...I don't really know because I left him when he couldn't stop crying even though I stayed with him for 20 minutes. ~Mi Xun Rinoa

MissLauren
10-06-2004, 08:53 AM
o_o holy piss christ angelic. no one should have to deal with that. -.-''

anyhow.

im still going to ren fest on sunday-anyone else?

SailorMoonStar
10-07-2004, 12:31 AM
I have a 50/50 chance of going as of right now.

Vorpin
10-07-2004, 05:46 PM
It looks like there will be a very good chance I could go to Ren. fest Oct. 10th.I picked up a nice black cloak there a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, I didn't realize then that I'd need a navy blue cloak for one of my costumes.
Damn it, now I need to get one that doesn't cost a fortune, and I don't sew.

AngelicSorrow
10-08-2004, 10:59 PM
I'm just passing by, but it turns out...Darkskuld's friend...is the cousin of the guy that I'm going with to my Homecoming dance next Saturday...*teardrop* Oh....Boy...Such a small world....~Mi Xun Rinoa

HeeroJF
10-10-2004, 04:20 PM
Sorry I couldn't do the rennfest today. And I'll be away every weekend fot the rest of the month, but I'll keep checking here! Hope to plan something in November!

SailorMoonStar
10-10-2004, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I couldn't make it to the Ren fest. I had to go christmas shopping and help turn in some old video games, and I'm hosting a Utena watching anime night. So, too busy. Hmmm... no free time for me till the 23rd or 24th of October.~_~

AngelicSorrow
10-10-2004, 09:31 PM
I'm too busy, but maybe one day we can all hang out...Probably around winter break? Just asking..~Mi Xun Rinoa

SailorMoonStar
10-10-2004, 09:53 PM
Yeah, that's true because the winter season is just too damn busy. Christmas break I'm not doing sh!t so far. I'm in the middle of trying to set up a snow tubing thing at some skii resort thingie, but that's about it. I don't know any in Md, only a few in NY. Well, anime usa is coming up, though, Woohoo!

AngelicSorrow
10-23-2004, 08:09 PM
One week before a Halloween party. Pm me to find out details, I wouldn't mind have people over 20 be there even if the party is non-alcoholic and is being runned by 15 year-olds.~Mi Xun Rinoa

OtakuCop
12-09-2004, 03:13 PM
/bump
Of course I come across this thread well after all the propsed events have taken place (Ren fest, Halloween, etc). Bah...oh well. I'm in Rockville myself and haven't really gotten then chance to meet many cosplayers outside of cons (excluding maybe 4 or 5 friends). Would love to hook up and get to know some of you better! Any more thoughts on gatherings during the holiday season or upcomming year? ^_^

MissLauren
12-10-2004, 12:53 AM
/bump
Of course I come across this thread well after all the propsed events have taken place (Ren fest, Halloween, etc). Bah...oh well. I'm in Rockville myself and haven't really gotten then chance to meet many cosplayers outside of cons (excluding maybe 4 or 5 friends). Would love to hook up and get to know some of you better! Any more thoughts on gatherings during the holiday season or upcomming year? ^_^

>.> im in rockville. all the time. all. the. time.

im going out of town for xmas and new years. :/