PDA

View Full Version : Kisame(naruto) make up advice

myomaru
08-22-2004, 09:54 PM
i'm really new and need ideas on how to i should make my face look like his.

His face pics are included. All ideas are appreciated

Thanks in advance :dance:

Lady
08-22-2004, 10:26 PM
Invest in some white makeup. Not a typical store bought light color, but a true white. You can get it via a costume makeup store, or you can purchase a very light foundation through www.amphigory.com (though I'm not sure how light their light is)

He has alot of gray to his skin (or, looks that way in the pictures) so you may want to give a light dusting of a gray eyeshadow over your face, putting it somewhat heavily under the cheekbones.

Then I'd use a black eyeliner pencil to draw in the gill-like things and the dark mark around his eye.

I hope that made sense and helps out!

ike ike usagi
08-24-2004, 07:03 PM
Actually I'd use a light grey or light blue-grey instead of white, since he's really not chalk white and is supposed to look like a shark. I'd go look at theatrical makeup brands like Kryolan or Ben Nye, since they sell foundation or cake makeup in lots of shades. Also I'd paint the black on rather than pencil it in, it's neater and won't smudge the foundation, and you get sharper edges that way.

A darker color blended under your cheekbones would be a good idea though, since his cheeks are kind of hollowed.

Oh also, he's got no eyebrows. Kryolan makes eyebrow plastic, which is this stick of stuff you put over your eyebrows to cover them, then you cover the eyebrow plastic with foundation and you get the no-eyebrow look without shaving yours off.

And if you wanted to be totally hardcore, you could buy some white contacts.

Chaos o^.^o
08-25-2004, 12:31 AM
um...yeah. Do you know of Deviantart.com? Lots of people have fan art that more, shall we say, human looking. Hehe, never seen a photo of him from the show before.

Gandaulf3
08-25-2004, 02:41 AM
Sweet, glad I found this thread, cause I'm doing a kisame and was wondering what brand makeup to buy, booya. (I have my white contacts on the way XD)

Arisugawa Juri
08-25-2004, 11:54 PM
To make the gills, I would even suggest, if you're brave, fiddling with prosthetics.. if you aren't up to that, I would just play around with lighter and darker shadows around the gills to give them a three-dimensional look. That aside, I agree with what everyone else has suggested. Eyebrow plastic is definitely a good move.

Vash2019
06-25-2007, 07:04 PM
right now im working on the same cosplay for the up coming AWA con. but i have some questions. for the eyebrows, would it be possible to put some kind of tape over the brow in question and cover it with make up? i'd try but i have no idea where to get any of the make-up

by the way there are a few thigns that weren't said.

purple nailpolish (or maybe a marker would do)

akatsuki cloak and ring, ninja sandals (sold at anime shops and of course ebay.com)

dark blue hair dye/gel ( hair cement would be best but im not sure if the color is available)

Samehada (Kisame's unique zanbatou can be cheaply made and detailed out of foam)

That's about it. as far as what's under the cloak, and the custom headband he wears go, i dont want to reveal my plans so just be creative.

Hope this helps people. Look for me at this upcoming AWA in Atlanta, Georgia. Sept 21-23 :japan:

verdatum
06-26-2007, 12:48 AM
there are quite a few other kisame makeup posts. Sort of odd to choose to bump this one...

Other people interested, be sure and use the search function. there are alot of kisame makeup tips on this board.

IX.DemyxIsMyBoi
06-27-2007, 08:22 PM
I layered laytex (sp?), then cut is and painted under the slits in the laytex with a black mixed with a bit of blue face paint. It looked good, 3-dimensional. I can't wait to do the full thing, but yeah...if you want a better step by step, just ask.