PDA

View Full Version : any techniques for making scars?

darkest_sin
08-25-2004, 01:22 PM
I'm deciding to do a battled-damaged version for Hiei next year at Megacon or Jacon. But I was wondering, does anyone have any tips to make close-to realistic looking scars/scrapes? I need it for his face and arms only.

here's some piccies....:
piccie one (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/darkest_sin/coolhiei.jpg)

piccie two (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/darkest_sin/eg100_01b.jpg)

Azuma
08-25-2004, 03:31 PM
I am in a similar prediciment...i am going as Himura Battousai from the origional Samurai X OVA episodes after he gets the first part of the scar but before the second...i just have no idea LOL....

ZiggyB
08-25-2004, 03:31 PM
Take a look at the Cosplay.com FAQ (http://faq.cosplay.com/). There are many threads there on how you can make scars.

darkest_sin
08-25-2004, 03:36 PM
Take a look at the Cosplay.com FAQ (http://faq.cosplay.com/). There are many threads there on how you can make scars.

Thank you ZiggyB-san. ^__^

Chaos o^.^o
08-25-2004, 04:50 PM
A tan foundation mixed with pinkish lip gloss, cover with powder if you don't want the scar to look shiney. It sounds weird but the way I work it, I can make scars that look as real as my real ones.

darkest_sin
08-25-2004, 06:19 PM
A tan foundation mixed with pinkish lip gloss, cover with powder if you don't want the scar to look shiney. It sounds weird but the way I work it, I can make scars that look as real as my real ones.

Oh okee. Arigatou Chaos-san!!

Chocochick
08-25-2004, 09:30 PM
Brown-Red lip or eyeliner + Rigid Collodion (Theater make-up) or Liquid Band-aid = Scar.

1. One layer of color.
2. One layer of the Collodion or Liquid Band-aid
3. Layer as you'd like.

Also, yay for Battousai(s). I was a one-scared Battousai, and I shall continue to be one.

darkest_sin
08-26-2004, 01:31 PM
Brown-Red lip or eyeliner + Rigid Collodion (Theater make-up) or Liquid Band-aid = Scar.

1. One layer of color.
2. One layer of the Collodion or Liquid Band-aid
3. Layer as you'd like.

Also, yay for Battousai(s). I was a one-scared Battousai, and I shall continue to be one.

I read about Collodion on one of the other threads. Where exactly can I get it? I can just steal some brown-red lip/eyeliner from my sister anyday. :bigtu: Thanks for the tips everyone!

Chocochick
08-26-2004, 05:53 PM
I read about Collodion on one of the other threads. Where exactly can I get it? I can just steal some brown-red lip/eyeliner from my sister anyday. :bigtu: Thanks for the tips everyone!

A local theatre shop should have some, even Party City (if you have one). Just check around costume stores and you should find some. Good luck!

darkest_sin
08-26-2004, 05:54 PM
A local theatre shop should have some, even Party City (if you have one). Just check around costume stores and you should find some. Good luck!

Oh, right! I'll go with my mom on sunday. I have to get shoes for my costume anyway. Thanks! (Man I'm stupid...)

TallonKarrde23
08-26-2004, 11:18 PM
I hurted someones feelings waaa :blubber: so i edited this to say nothing even though its quoted :skidude2: this way noone else can moan about how im wrong :bigtu:

Chocochick
08-27-2004, 01:02 PM
The easiest, fastest, cheapest way would be to fight someone (someone you know so they dont really hurt you) and make them just beat you up to a certain point. As for Kenshin, just cut your face for real the morning of the con =/

Atleast thats what im doing for AX05 (not cutting but purposefully getting hurt --; ) as my character, seeing as how he IS a gang member and such so should have bruises and scars and such. But then i guess thats a bit extreme for some --; But afterall, i already get bruises and scars from football so i shouldnt have to fight someone for mine :thumbsup:

Or you can just do it like them and make fake ones :lost:

I'm sorry, but that's the absolute WORST way to look more like your character.

A) NEVER Cut yourself
B) Cosplay shouldn't be attainded through violence of any kind
C) Even if you loose your mind and cut yourself, who's to say you couldn't permantly cause a scar, and not only a scar, but one that doesn't look anything like what you want?
D) Again, NEVER CUT YOURSELF.
E) Beat up? Are you crazy? So, you're telling me if I go as a gang member to go get my friends to start wrestling with me to the point where I get hurt and possibly end up with broken limbs?

Sorry, but that's just very...well, it's simply dumb.

TallonKarrde23
08-27-2004, 01:26 PM
its dumb if you dont like fighting...which i do =/ Im not really doing it for my cosplay, just as a hobbie :dance: But i might as well use it to my advantage :drink: I need scissors. 61! The microwave had no power so we used lighters to warm the food for them. We sold that microwave to Bob down at the store...he gave us one of those tuning forks...it makes noise

darkest_sin
08-27-2004, 01:57 PM
I'm sorry, but that's the absolute WORST way to look more like your character.

A) NEVER Cut yourself
B) Cosplay shouldn't be attainded through violence of any kind
C) Even if you loose your mind and cut yourself, who's to say you couldn't permantly cause a scar, and not only a scar, but one that doesn't look anything like what you want?
D) Again, NEVER CUT YOURSELF.
E) Beat up? Are you crazy? So, you're telling me if I go as a gang member to go get my friends to start wrestling with me to the point where I get hurt and possibly end up with broken limbs?

Sorry, but that's just very...well, it's simply dumb.

Yah. I don't want to really fight anyone for bruises and scars. Sometimes those things don't go away and I don't want them for the rest of my life. Plus, Chocochick's right, you should never try to cut yourself. It can cause more problems than outside scars. I'll just stick to good ol' fakes.

Xamona
08-29-2004, 09:15 PM
I got bored a couple of nights ago, and this might help you. You don't really need any special supplies...unless you want it to be EXTREMELY professional.

*warning! I use a bad word or two*

http://www.angelfire.com/freak2/xamona/oops

I have some more pictures that are more realistic, they just aren't on my computer yet. This is, assuming that you need them kinda fresh looking... I'm sure you could switch colors and stuff to fit your need, as I'm not familiar with this character.

Also, keep in mind I'm only a child that got fantastically bored. Good luck!

*edited for typos*

TallonKarrde23
08-29-2004, 11:06 PM
use a marker.

yes, im joking =/ and i put this here for anyone who will say anything about this post...because as i said, im not serious and this is here, so blah.

darkest_sin
08-30-2004, 05:28 AM
I went to Party City yesterday and they told me they weren't holding collodion. So I'll just check back during Halloween. They also have wigs that I can use for my crossplay. Thanks for the tips Xamona.

argella1300
04-12-2010, 07:54 PM
I got bored a couple of nights ago, and this might help you. You don't really need any special supplies...unless you want it to be EXTREMELY professional.

*warning! I use a bad word or two*

http://www.angelfire.com/freak2/xamona/oops

I have some more pictures that are more realistic, they just aren't on my computer yet. This is, assuming that you need them kinda fresh looking... I'm sure you could switch colors and stuff to fit your need, as I'm not familiar with this character.

Also, keep in mind I'm only a child that got fantastically bored. Good luck!

*edited for typos*
i clicked on it and all i got was weird computer code stuff