PDA

View Full Version : D*C Schedule for 2004

Lady
08-26-2004, 08:22 AM
In the D*C LJ communities, the schedule for D*C has been posted. I noticed two things when I started playing around and highlighting what I want to go to.

1. Adult Swim panel and Cosplay contest are at the same time. So I have to pick between them. Poopy.

2. I can't find the GITS: Innocence showing listed.

3. Anime track seems to only have one time of airing any video...that being fanmade stuff at 8:30pm on Saturday. Sadness...I wanted to actually see anime.*begins pouting*

Now, as far as #2 goes, I could be looking right at it and not seeing it...but I really wanted to hit that up. Does anyone remember which programming track or room that was associated with, by chance? Or even like, the time it was supposed to air?

Ragresen
08-26-2004, 09:23 AM
Normally there is a room for itself for anime showings that would not be under the Anime Track. The past years I know they were show Anime as long as the con was open. Dig about for it I am sure it is there.

Ravien
08-26-2004, 02:40 PM
In the D*C LJ communities, the schedule for D*C has been posted. I noticed two things when I started playing around and highlighting what I want to go to.

1. Adult Swim panel and Cosplay contest are at the same time. So I have to pick between them. Poopy.

2. I can't find the GITS: Innocence showing listed.

3. Anime track seems to only have one time of airing any video...that being fanmade stuff at 8:30pm on Saturday. Sadness...I wanted to actually see anime.*begins pouting*

Now, as far as #2 goes, I could be looking right at it and not seeing it...but I really wanted to hit that up. Does anyone remember which programming track or room that was associated with, by chance? Or even like, the time it was supposed to air?

I picked Adult Swim over the Cosplay Contest...it was a hard choice, but I love me some Adult Swim. It also bothers me that the contest is right after the parade and I know alot of you are doing the parade so I don't want you guys to miss out.

The seperate showings of films may be in there listed as something else, or may not be there at all and you'll have to look at the booklet they give you at con. Like I didn't see Neverwhere on there, but I know the Brit track is showing it. If you still can't find it, ask the information desk, that's what they're there for :)

Anime is shown all day long in the basement :) Bring airfreshener if you go on Sunday...I hear people sleep in there in leiu of getting a hotel room.

Lady
08-26-2004, 03:34 PM
I picked Adult Swim over the Cosplay Contest...it was a hard choice, but I love me some Adult Swim.

Yes yes. Sparks equals heart. I'm convinced if I skip the Adult Swim I'll miss a chance at seeing super nifty people and hearing fun things. Then again, I've never participated in a Cosplay Contest before, and I figured a smaller anime cosplay contest might be a good way to get my feet wet and see how they operate.

The seperate showings of films may be in there listed as something else, or may not be there at all and you'll have to look at the booklet they give you at con. Like I didn't see Neverwhere on there, but I know the Brit track is showing it. If you still can't find it, ask the information desk, that's what they're there for :)

Aah, so not all the programming is actually in the schedule. I've never been to D*C, and I'm used to cons that show everything going on in their pre-con schedules, so I didn't realize there'd be separate parts. (Also, the track I'm with was given one room for everything, so I assumed that's how it was for everyone. Aah, the joy of assuming*laughs*)

Thanks bunches for the info!

-Lady

IXArachneXI
08-26-2004, 11:49 PM
has anyone found rules for the cosplay contest?

Ravien
08-27-2004, 04:24 AM
has anyone found rules for the cosplay contest?

The rules for the cosplay contest, and all other sub-contests, are the same for the Masquerade (if those rules are posted...honestly I haven't looked).

nebbie
08-27-2004, 01:44 PM
I can't even find when/where the anime cosplay contest is. What is the time/location??

Ravien
08-27-2004, 03:34 PM
I can't even find when/where the anime cosplay contest is. What is the time/location??

It's 11:30 on Saturday...forgot what room, I'd have to recheck the schedule grids. I think it's in the anime room (Vinnings), but I could be wrong.

IXArachneXI
08-27-2004, 04:32 PM
hmmm... don't know if I can enter the contest....I made everything but my hakama pants, but I have heard that you have to make everything for the Masquerade...

Hikaruchan
08-27-2004, 10:50 PM
There is an anime video room not on schedule grid, know as guy running it is one of our convention (MTAC) directors.

I saw the anime costume contest in schedule. Though I wasn't impressed with last years one, that they moved it to a larger room sounding better but may have to miss parade if enter. But, what are the rules? Kell and I and maybe others were turned away from the contest last year(but director then argued and got me in since contest hadn't started). Are they going to arbitarily turn people away again, or will they put a registration form/information out this year with set rules for signup so won't have contest is full crap again.

Ragresen
08-28-2004, 06:38 AM
To be honest it will be like the same BS from last year. I know the starwars one is no real rules and show up to enter. But they may have more than they bargined for this year as Episode 3 comes out next year and little releases have begun picture wise from lucus. As to the Anime one I was considering entering it, but I would rather do the parade.

keri1966
08-28-2004, 12:31 PM
It seems odd to have to contest during the day. I'm so used to anime con schedules- every one that I've been to had it on Saturday night. Any reason why they don't schedule it for the normal Saturday night? (Or since Dragon Con runs through Monday, Sunday night)

Ravien
08-28-2004, 12:39 PM
It seems odd to have to contest during the day. I'm so used to anime con schedules- every one that I've been to had it on Saturday night. Any reason why they don't schedule it for the normal Saturday night? (Or since Dragon Con runs through Monday, Sunday night)

My guess is because Saturday is the Dawn Contest and Sunday is the Masquerade so they don't want to distract from those two events as those are very popular with the crowd.

Lady
08-30-2004, 08:21 AM
Well, this thread helped me make up my mind!*laughs* If the cosplay contest was a load of BS in the past and will probably be the same this year, I'm running my ass over to the Adult Swim panel, yo.

I found the anime schedule in their pocket program. I couldn't get it to open on my home computer, but could get it going here on the work computer. Am disappointed in the anime I see listed (a good portion of it is available domestically, such as Onegai Teacher and Wolf's Rain), but I may pop over and check out a few things here and there.

Ragresen
08-30-2004, 09:49 AM
Well since this is the second year only that Anime has had a track for it self and a new person running it I am not supprised. We all need to remember the AWA spawned itself when the old director for the Anime Track decided to depart and start AWA. Now this is my understanding and I know he was once the director for the Anime track and the Anime track has only came back last year after about 9 years of not existing at all. And as with the Star Wars and Star Trek tracks the fans can motivate the directors to change and improve things. It is up to us to get more of what we want. My intrests lie not as much into the Anime Track as it does in the Costumeing track this year. They have a few things I can afford to sit through to get better information on the sculpting and construction of my Hardsuit I am working on.

IXArachneXI
08-30-2004, 07:55 PM
just wondering- any yaoi fans going to check out the hentai panel to if what's mentioned?