PDA

View Full Version : Hokuto x/1999

caelanarcher
08-26-2004, 03:37 PM
I've been looking to do Hokuto from X/1999 (since my brother is gonna be Seishiro and his friend is Subaru). I was just wondering... should I do her casual outfit (the orange and red when she appears in Kakyou's dream) or the formal kimono (when she dies)? I know the casual one would be easier and cheaper, but I think I'm a decent seamstress and have a year to work on it (hopefully debut Otakon 2005). Is the formal costume more stress than it's worth?

casual costume- also includes shorts that are reverse color of the shirt, red with orange trim
Costume reference (http://www.declic-images.com/declic/images/zoom/x/Hokuto.jpg)

The formal costume I've been having a hard time finding pictures of. When I find a good reference, I'll post it.

SaiyenGirl
08-27-2004, 06:06 PM
Personally, I haven't seen that many people cosplay the casual one, maybe I just don't look hard enough. And while I have seen TONS of people do the traditonal one it's always so nice to see one that's well done.
I've been thinking of cosplaying Hokuto too, hopefully the traditional costume if I have time...but I digress.
I guess it would kinda depend on which costumes your friends are doing. Are they doing traditional type stuff or the casual ones? And either way, not to sound like a broken record, it all depends on which one is your favorite.
The casual one is easier, but not as recognizable.
The traditional one is more recognizable, but a lot of people cosplay it.
Since you've got the time though, I'd do the traditional one, only cause that's my favorite. ^_^
That's just my opinion. Good luck with deciding. ^^