PDA

View Full Version : Cancellations anyone?

Evil Dr. Axis
08-27-2004, 01:25 PM
Okay, I may be jumping the gun here, but I noticed that Anthony Michael Hall and George A Romero were not listed on the DC site anymore! Show of hands who think they have gone the way of John Rhys-Davis at last year's show? So now all I got is David Carradine, the fat guy from Beetlejuice, Margot Kidder, and the black ghostbuster. Oh well....maybe I can hook up with Superman's girlfriend HAHAHAHA....*shudder* Anyways, contrairy to my usual attitude on this forum, I am BEGGING someone to tell me I'm wrong and that they'll be there. PLEASE!

Lady
08-27-2004, 01:33 PM
Okay, I may be jumping the gun here, but I noticed that Anthony Michael Hall and George A Romero were not listed on the DC site anymore!

It was announced on the D*C LJ communities about a week or so ago that Romero and Hall have cancelled. Some speculte it was triggered by a joke article written with both of them in it ("Things not to say to D*C guests" or something like that).

Evil Dr. Axis
08-27-2004, 02:11 PM
Hall's career has already tanked. The least he can do is show up at cons to make some bank off of his brat pack fame. Looks like someone's still a little sensitive about being type cast as the "nerd" throughout his entire adolescent film career. And the Dawn of the Dead remake might as well have gone straight to video. Captain sellout needs to show up to regain some purist credit back as well. My list of reasons for going to this con has just gotten two shorter. Grow some thicker skin. Sheesh.

Ravien
08-27-2004, 04:39 PM
It was announced on the D*C LJ communities about a week or so ago that Romero and Hall have cancelled. Some speculte it was triggered by a joke article written with both of them in it ("Things not to say to D*C guests" or something like that).

That was a joke...no one reads Jive magazine articles :P It's highly doubtful that they even knew the site existed.

Axis...you seem bitter. Would you like some candy?

AMH was there last year so I don't really care about this year and George Romero did alot more movies than "Dawn of the Dead", but I don't like zombie movies so either way, I don't care.

But hey, we get Billy West :)

Aleathia Burns
08-27-2004, 07:50 PM
Hall's career has already tanked. The least he can do is show up at cons to make some bank off of his brat pack fame. Looks like someone's still a little sensitive about being type cast as the "nerd" throughout his entire adolescent film career. And the Dawn of the Dead remake might as well have gone straight to video. Captain sellout needs to show up to regain some purist credit back as well. My list of reasons for going to this con has just gotten two shorter. Grow some thicker skin. Sheesh.

Dude you are so like Auron if he was real. I mean you are snapping and I can;t help but agree and laugh with ya. Anyway I heard David Carrindine has canceled, but I am not sure now that some people are coming and going, but I look forward to the the guy who was a ghostbuster cuz (I am ashamed I forget his name but I love his face!!!) I admire his acting, Anthony Michal Hall whom I had a crazy crush on as a kid is not gonna make it!!!! Damn it!!! Oh well I spent 60 bucks for this con and I am not gonna let that stop me. Besides I had a crush on half the guys in the Brat Pack anyway so there he's replaced. :cool: So don;t let that stop you forom coming just go out and have fun cuz I want to see an Auron amoungst the Trekkies( Who rock by the way) and Star Wars fans.

Ravien
08-27-2004, 07:54 PM
Anyway I heard David Carrindine has canceled, but I am not sure now that some people are coming and going

David Carradine is back on the schedule. His filming got pushed back so he's now able to make it.

I hope he has a better attitude this year because I hated hearing the Carradine "horror stories" last year after D*C.

Eurobeat King
08-27-2004, 08:29 PM
I hope I can get my picture taken with David Carridine, since I was so jealous to see Aeris & Tristen Citrine's picture with him last weekend at Gen-con. ;) I think my bro may want me to try and get his KillBill DVD's signed by him..

Ernie Hudson was the 4th Ghostbuster, and I shook his hand when he was walking down the hall at San Diego Comic Con last month. :D Forgot to take a picture with him, but he was in a hurry so I didn't want to keep him busy..

Aleathia Burns
08-28-2004, 11:41 AM
Oh darn it!!! I am not finished with my Go-Go costume so I can't face Carridine..oh well at least he is coming. I gotta meet Ernie Hudson though cuz he so cool.

Evil Dr. Axis
08-28-2004, 03:51 PM
George Romero did alot more movies than "Dawn of the Dead" Right, who could forget the 1974 classic O.J. Simpson: Juice on the Loose and the rollicking feel-good film, Due Occhi Dabolici. I rest my case. :D