PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter

Schuldig
08-27-2004, 04:57 PM
We've got a Marauder's era group that'll be at Dragon*con this year and I was curious...

Any other Harry Potter cosplayers going to be there?

IXArachneXI
08-27-2004, 08:58 PM
I'm there!

kelldar
08-27-2004, 09:45 PM
I'm bringing my PoA Hermione :B

IXArachneXI
08-27-2004, 11:29 PM
If I can get this stupid black wig to lay right, I guess I can just call myself Pansy :)

Schuldig
08-28-2004, 11:05 AM
Cool. What day were you planning on wearing your costumes? I don't think we decided yet. I did find out that my GF and I will wear our older Remus/Sirius at some point in the weekend.

IXArachneXI
08-28-2004, 04:37 PM
I'm wearing mine Sat night and maybe Sunday night too

kitsunered
08-29-2004, 01:46 AM
The boyfriend and I were planning on wearing our Ravenclaw robes on Friday. I've got other costumes planned for the rest of the weekend, so that's probably going to be my robe's only appearance. My boyfriend *might* wear his again at some point, but he hasn't planned anything.

kelldar
08-29-2004, 09:21 AM
I'll be wearing mine friday morning and all day monday, most likely.

SuthrnBelleChan
08-29-2004, 07:33 PM
I'll be there mostly Friday as a Ravenclaw as well ^_^ Then at the Buffy Horror Picture Show i'll change out

Schuldig
08-29-2004, 11:49 PM
cool. It's looking like we'll be in our school robes sunday and our post-azkaban versions saturday. I'll have to make sure to look for everyone. I plan on carrying a cauldron around with chocolate ^____^

SuthrnBelleChan
08-30-2004, 01:26 PM
oooho Chocolate! ^_^ i may throw mine back on for Sunday too ^_^ it depends on if it's comfortable hehe Plus how i feel on sunday lol

Schuldig
08-30-2004, 04:51 PM
oooho Chocolate! ^_^ i may throw mine back on for Sunday too ^_^ it depends on if it's comfortable hehe Plus how i feel on sunday lol

I'll make sure to look for you! ^_^

SuthrnBelleChan
08-31-2004, 08:19 PM
Yay! Defiantely, chances are my hair will be up in a ponytail, and i have a huge cloak lol, also on Sunday the like only two thigns i'm really dedicated on seeing/sticking my head in on are the Klingon beauty pageant, and the Vampire Carnival

Schuldig
09-01-2004, 01:37 PM
Vampire carnival? What's that?

IXArachneXI
09-01-2004, 02:09 PM
I leave tomorrow and I still have to sew the lining into my cloak and I'm still trying to find a grey sweater vest and I have to write a stupid paper for class! AGH!

SuthrnBelleChan
09-01-2004, 04:33 PM
Eek good luck on the paper!

The Vmapire Carnivale is a thing at the Buffy Track, it's liek interesting games, a fortune teller, and puppet angel lol and lots of other cool stuff

IXArachneXI
09-01-2004, 09:23 PM
ACK! Puppet Angel frightens me :)

SuthrnBelleChan
09-01-2004, 10:45 PM
lol i think he's cool

IXArachneXI
09-02-2004, 12:52 PM
CRAP!!! I'm leaving in two hours and my patch I got from ebay TWO WEEKS AGO still isn't here!!!

Schuldig
09-02-2004, 03:41 PM
gah. When we had the Georgia cosplay picnic, our patches arrived the day AFTER. that sucked! LOL Can't wait to see everyone!

SuthrnBelleChan
09-02-2004, 03:57 PM
eek sowwy about your patches

I can't wait to see everyone!!

The_Balrog
04-09-2005, 05:32 PM
I'll be there with others....I am..... ( You Know Who)

ROG

sarabug
04-29-2005, 08:27 AM
well, my friend and i are bringing our quidditch uniforms with us this year.....i'm sure there will be a strong hp representation with the new book coming out and all!

The_Balrog
05-09-2005, 09:27 AM
yeah and the movie. It looks amazing so far...hope they don't butcher it to much. I just want to see Voldie!! The Lord of the Ring Group (Arms of Middle Earth) has a pretty good number of Harry Potter costumes this year. Sould be a excellent year with the twins on the guest list :) The fan girls...oh man...glad I have the Balrog's wings to part the way.

sarabug
05-09-2005, 09:44 AM
THE TWINS?!?!! HOW ON EARTH DID I MISS THAT......THE WEASLEY TWINS? SERIOUSLY? i'm gonna go check it out....

holy geez, you're right! how awesome is that?!?!?! :jjacks:

Schuldig
05-09-2005, 10:18 AM
They were supposed to go to FX Con in Orlando, but because of shooting for GoF, they had to back out :(

I FINALLY GET TO SEE THEM!! WOOHOO!!!

The_Balrog
05-10-2005, 08:10 PM
So who will be in Harry Potter Garb this year?? Cause I can't resist being a bad guy!

Schuldig
05-11-2005, 07:15 AM
My GF and I will definitely be in Sirius and Remus (both versions). If she wears her Snape, I'll probably wear Lockhart again.....

maybe I'll wear Lucius too... *shrugs* All depends on my mood I'm sure...Regulus will definitely make some sort of appearance too

(pics in my gallery)

Dany
05-11-2005, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=Schuldig]maybe I'll wear Lucius too... *shrugs* All depends on my mood I'm sure...Regulus will definitely make some sort of appearance too[QUOTE]

If my Lucius wasn't such a closet hog, and I wasn't bringing two other costumes that will be taking up similiar amounts of space, I would bring him. However, I think if I do any Potterness, it might be throwing together some sort of pseudo-Narcissa Malfoy getup.

I'm waiting for pictures of HER to pop up...hopefully!

Schuldig
05-11-2005, 12:31 PM
If my Lucius wasn't such a closet hog, and I wasn't bringing two other costumes that will be taking up similiar amounts of space, I would bring him. However, I think if I do any Potterness, it might be throwing together some sort of pseudo-Narcissa Malfoy getup.

I'm waiting for pictures of HER to pop up...hopefully!

OH! I totally want to get to finally meet you at Dragon*con! I hope she's beautiful. I always pictured her to be picture-perfect, I wish they'd hurry up and start leaking out more info (or atleast finish the official site)

My only saving grace for costumes is actually living in Georgia. LOL. I know my Queen Amidala & my Satine are going to be such closet hogs once they are finished. I'd love to get a group together, though, one out of the four days, for anyone who's interested?

Dany
05-11-2005, 02:52 PM
OH! I totally want to get to finally meet you at Dragon*con!

*chuckle* Whee! A fan! Well, we'll have to see what works out :) I know that I'll be in the Dawn competition..and that's about it. If you see me, flag me down :)

I hope she's beautiful. I always pictured her to be picture-perfect, I wish they'd hurry up and start leaking out more info (or atleast finish the official site)

There's time yet. I'm sure she's gonna be around, even if it's only for a little bit.

My only saving grace for costumes is actually living in Georgia. LOL. I know my Queen Amidala & my Satine are going to be such closet hogs once they are finished. I'd love to get a group together, though, one out of the four days, for anyone who's interested?

Depends..I don't have any Star Wars or MR stuff. :( *woe!*

Fiver
05-19-2005, 11:39 AM
Hey,

I remember both Remus and Sirius from Dcon and AWA. I liked your outfits a lot. Rog and I co-run the Arms of Middle Earth LOTR group. A lot of us plan on doing HP on Saturday after the parade. I will be going as a Slytherin student..most likely Pansy. Several of our group are going as students, but not sure how many actual characters will we have? Is anyone doing Draco or Harry?

~Fiver

JiggyJigen
07-10-2005, 03:42 AM
Well im glad to say so late in the game, that i will be at dragon con with a friend of mine. as for whos coming with costume wise....i know draco for sure becuz its what drives the girls crazy. mad eye moody, i dont know yet. remus is a no go. the thing is since im also a big comic book nerd, this is one of my few chances to indulge in toher things, so right nows some of the costumes up for bids are Dr. Crane (teaser in gallery), Kevin of sin city (also in gallery), spoof obi-wan (thats not lookin to good right now lol), and mike teavee, cuz me and my friend have catcf cosplay, and we wanna get a group shot with sith camero as wonka, lol. nightmares anyone?

Cynthia
07-18-2005, 08:57 PM
I might finish my random Ravenclaw student, depends on whether or not I have the money, AND TIME, to do so.

AshleyV
07-19-2005, 06:55 AM
There will be a beater from the Hufflepuff quidditch team there! All I have to do is finish up my beater's bat and Buldger and it will be completely finished.

Rave
07-26-2005, 08:16 PM
Hey guys, me and a friend are getting folks together to be in the parade! if you're interested:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MischiefManaged/

i'll be going as Gryffindor!Sirius :D

trim no max
07-27-2005, 08:46 AM
this will be my nieces first con im making her Gryffindor robes . shes 11 so im doing 1st year.

but i made the wrong patch last nite so im going to have to make the fight one tonight.

JiggyJigen
08-04-2005, 07:37 PM
ok my costumes have been set in stone mostly, so Draco (with new mask) will be there! Draco should be out and about on Saturday. (other costumes that made it to the end are: the joker, dr. crane, and mike teavee)

evenstar1
08-07-2005, 09:28 PM
hmmm if i have time, i really want to do a lucious malfoy cosplay. maybe i'll be there.

AshleyV
08-07-2005, 10:29 PM
hmmm if i have time, i really want to do a lucious malfoy cosplay. maybe i'll be there.

You have too! Please let me know if you do.

NotNymphadora
08-26-2005, 01:10 AM
I'll be there as Tonks! I'll probably only dress up Friday and Saturday, one day as "violent shade of violet" Tonks and one as pink-haired Tonks. It'll be hell getting my hair those colors, but it'll be worth it!

Are there any plans for pictures, meet-ups, anything? I'd love to get pictures with fellow HP cosplayers (especially Remus!).

Schuldig
08-26-2005, 08:34 AM
I'll be there with the following costumes:

Regulus (quidditch robes)
Remus (marauder and PoA era)
Fenrir Greyback
Rabastan Lestrange (death eater, post-azkaban)

and of course, Snape, Sirius, and Lockhart will be brought along too. (I'm leaving Lucius at home I think)

Rave
08-27-2005, 06:57 PM
well, there's the parade on saturday. we've got spots open if anyone still wants in,

friday night there is a panel for "Harry Potter Sorting" which should be fun. Friday looks to be the night for Harry Potter costumes.

CosplayerGabi
09-19-2005, 09:43 AM
I was in HP costume twice during the weekend. Early Saturday I was in my Quidditch Jacket to meet the Phelps brothers (weasley twins) and found out they had left unexpectedly. :angry: :bigcry:
I missed them in Orlando too when they couldn't come. Damn, how many times before I get to see them? I made my jacket just to meet them back then because I didn't want to meet them in full costume but a jacket was cool.

The other time was Sunday evening I was Angelina in SS/CoS uniform with the Potter Puppet Pals and a large broom :)