PDA

View Full Version : Ah! My Goddess at AB'05!

Pages : 1 [2]

Poisonous Intent
12-13-2004, 04:47 PM
I'm not to sure, but I think most of us agree, that we'd rather use the crhistian science center rather than the official photo shoot center...or even if we can't do the sci center, we would find another suitable location outside.

Putrocca
12-13-2004, 10:14 PM
My hope is that you will use both.

Kurthy133
12-14-2004, 12:53 AM
My hope is that you will use both.

Ok~ I just want to bring up one point to all of you to think about.

First off, I absolutely do not want to come of sounding elistist in the slightest - so, that being said, I hope this will come of sounding the right way. ^^;; Is our shoot an open or closed photoshoot? Do you guys mind having multiples of your characters?

When our group is announced in the booklet/website/anything else - people are going to come join us. Would that make you guys uneasy? I don't know how I feel about it. I don't think I would ever turn people away - but I don't know if we want to announce ourselves as though we are looking for more people. I don't think Ng wants any more as it is - we have almost an entire cast O___o

I just don't know - I was wondering what you guys might have to say about it. ^^;;

Thanks~
<3 Bell-chan

Sweet~Pea
12-14-2004, 06:20 AM
Ok~ I just want to bring up one point to all of you to think about.

First off, I absolutely do not want to come of sounding elistist in the slightest - so, that being said, I hope this will come of sounding the right way. ^^;; Is our shoot an open or closed photoshoot? Do you guys mind having multiples of your characters?

When our group is announced in the booklet/website/anything else - people are going to come join us. Would that make you guys uneasy? I don't know how I feel about it. I don't think I would ever turn people away - but I don't know if we want to announce ourselves as though we are looking for more people. I don't think Ng wants any more as it is - we have almost an entire cast O___o

I just don't know - I was wondering what you guys might have to say about it. ^^;;

Thanks~
<3 Bell-chan

I agree, we started this as a no doubles shoot and there are so many of us now I don't think we need 10+ more people to be worrying about.
Cheers
-Christa

CrimsonNataku
12-14-2004, 06:15 PM
I think more people will be a little, crowded... If you know what I mean.

Poisonous Intent
12-14-2004, 09:38 PM
Aww, I don't think anyone sounds elitist, I think the points that Animechicky, Kurthy, and CrimsonNataku brought up were good one's it's not as if having a private-esque photoshoot is mean...many people have them...and it's not like their deprived of not having their own photoshoots seeing as AB is providing a Photostation. But I agree with more people would definately become crowded keeping in mind the time and energy it consumes from the photographer.

TheAnarCHris
12-15-2004, 11:13 AM
We're doing this at like 12pm on Friday right? I really don't think the threat of doubles is going to be present, seeing how most ppl have skewl and what have you not.

Lil
12-17-2004, 12:22 AM
Hmmm... I don't care about doubles. But crowdedness and more photographers could make things complicated, I'm sure most of us wanna 'escape' for lunch. If it's announced the shoot could last for more than an hour if people keep coming. But then again this isn't Otakon and not that many people could hound us. I wouldn't mind showing up at noon for a little, but I'm probably gonna gun it when my tummy rumbles. -.-0

Kurthy133
01-10-2005, 12:26 PM
Hi guys! How is everyone?

Quick question- My friend who was supposed to be our Otaki can't make it - He's moved out to Cali! Does anyone know someone who could take his place??

Could you do it Starwind?

<3

TheAnarCHris
01-10-2005, 01:29 PM
:: in his very best Jason "Jay" Mewes voice::

WTF is a Otaki?

Silence Glaive
01-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Otaki is one of the two directors of the Nekomi Tech Auto Club. He's muscular and extremely outspoken, with very high blond hair, and an unusual love for spandex. I'm sure Kurthy has an image or two stored somewhere.

TheAnarCHris
01-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Hey, I'm 2 of those five!!!!! (outspoken AND the Nekomi Tech Auto Club director.....or was it the the unusal love for spandex...I forget...)

Mayhaps I shall. The dude does remind me of Fonzi....I'll have an answer after Katsucon.

NINJA GENIUS!!

Kurthy133
01-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Would I provide you with any less of a character hun? ^^

Try http://www.gfc-best.com/person/mensch/amg_otaki.html

Rock the mullet!!! Spark plug earrings! I'd even make them :D

TheAnarCHris
01-12-2005, 06:32 PM
I'm not sure if that's a mullet,but my old cloud wig should do. Count me in then! ^_^

Assuming Kurthy makes my earrings

Kurthy133
01-12-2005, 06:54 PM
*Shrugs* Why not? I love making stuff - could you just give me a few dollars as a donation? I keep making things for people for free and now it's eating into my budget ^^;;

Thank you Starwind! <333

TheAnarCHris
01-17-2005, 08:19 PM
*Shrugs* Why not? I love making stuff - could you just give me a few dollars as a donation? I keep making things for people for free and now it's eating into my budget ^^;;

Thank you Starwind! <333

Of course L-chan, I'll either pay u at Katsucon OR AB.

BTw, u need to bring ur Quisty costume to Kats. Carrie's Rinoa is being remmade and wont be ready til Ab and Demri isnt going.

Kurthy133
01-19-2005, 11:24 PM
More announcements! ^^;;

Hilary (due to lack of funds) can't make it out to AB~ does anyone have a friend that wants to be World of Elegance? She's a rad angel, I must say.

CHris~ No Demri? Sad! My poor Quisty outfit is so poor though....

TheAnarCHris
01-20-2005, 05:38 PM
Nein, the Demri wont be able to make it to Kats this year. But still is heading to AB instead, which is all sorts of cool.

And ur Quisty-chan outfit is fine, you perfectionist!

Kurthy133
01-23-2005, 06:51 PM
The updating! ~~

David Ng and I have worked out a time just to be organized! We are thinking about starting at 1:15 and ending at about 2:30. Kaolla~ is that good for your break period at work?

And these are possible ideas for our sub-groups from David~~
-friends (pose friendly or goofy depending on the subgroup)
-goddesses (place them in a divine light, and derive from mini-goddess for a goofy shot)
-angels (place in a serene light)
-couples (romantic feeling, probably base on dance poses)
-Goddesses and their angels (something akin to what was in the movie)
-Robots (maybe work Skuld into this set)
-Villains (Celestin, Morgan, et. al.)

This will all be concluded with a final group shot <3 Thoughts?

Thanks Guys <3333

Sweet~Pea
01-23-2005, 08:15 PM
The updating! ~~

David Ng and I have worked out a time just to be organized! We are thinking about starting at 1:15 and ending at about 2:30. Kaolla~ is that good for your break period at work?

-goddesses (place them in a divine light, and derive from mini-goddess for a goofy shot)

Thanks Guys <3333
Sounds good.

this is a bit specific but... I'd like to do a shot with Keichii, maybe with me holding his face and bell in the middle behind us like the movie. like this > pic (http://www.birdangel.net/amgmovie/images/photo_display.php?photo=23_18.jpg)
if Dragonrage and you are up for the idea :japan:
cheers

Neko_Kaolla
01-23-2005, 08:30 PM
The updating! ~~

Thanks Guys <3333

That works for me-I get an hour, anyway. And I will bring my glitter for the angels. =^_^=

I have everything cut out for it, but I need to actually start it... Meh, I have time.

neoangelwink
01-24-2005, 12:25 PM
The updating! ~~

Thanks Guys <3333
sound like great and lovey idea ^___________^ great plaing it out, u trail bell ^_^

david-ng
01-24-2005, 09:07 PM
Sounds good.

this is a bit specific but... I'd like to do a shot with Keichii, maybe with me holding his face and bell in the middle behind us like the movie. like this > pic (http://www.birdangel.net/amgmovie/images/photo_display.php?photo=23_18.jpg)
cheers
Hmmm, I get the general concept you're angling for with Keichii... trick is, how should Bell look?

Keeping it true to the film, we could do it just like the movie and show her looking completely horrified, with a side of angry.

For a comedic spin, maybe have Bell look like she's going to faint.

Sweet~Pea
01-24-2005, 10:28 PM
Hmmm, I get the general concept you're angling for with Keichii... trick is, how should Bell look?

Keeping it true to the film, we could do it just like the movie and show her looking completely horrified, with a side of angry.

For a comedic spin, maybe have Bell look like she's going to faint.

I like the true to the movie idea, but a comedic spin would be cool too. Whichever you think would make a better shot, or both lol.

Cheers

TheAnarCHris
01-24-2005, 11:36 PM
Sounds like a plan, just as long as it doesnt intefer with my FF plans

Ranma Saotome
01-25-2005, 02:16 AM
*runs in dressed as Luigi* Wait, wrong costume! *leaves*
*runs in dressed as Ranma* Crap, wrong again! *leaves*
*runs in dressed as Gan-chan* Ah there we are! :3 That time works for me, I have no problems with it. ^^

Neko_Kaolla
01-25-2005, 10:33 PM
*runs in dressed as Luigi* Wait, wrong costume! *leaves*
*runs in dressed as Ranma* Crap, wrong again! *leaves*
*runs in dressed as Gan-chan* Ah there we are! :3 That time works for me, I have no problems with it. ^^

<3 Gan-Chan! Hehe!

Ranma Saotome
01-25-2005, 10:43 PM
Don't yank the tail! XD

Dragonrage
01-26-2005, 01:24 PM
Sounds good.

cheers

Sorry I wasn't about to reply right away but currently i don't have a computer, and internet anymore :(. But yeah I'm always up for having cosplay mayhem. All I ask is that the Motor club be gentle with me... please...

TheAnarCHris
01-26-2005, 01:57 PM
Sorry I wasn't about to reply right away but currently i don't have a computer, and internet anymore :(. But yeah I'm always up for having cosplay mayhem. All I ask is that the Motor club be gentle with me... please...

::Puts down paddle, sheep and hot sauce::

What.....?

Kurthy133
01-26-2005, 03:57 PM
::Puts down paddle, sheep and hot sauce::

What.....?

*Dies laughing*

Kei, you certainly do have some interesting Sempais <3

Ranma Saotome
01-26-2005, 09:33 PM
Bell, you don't know the HALF of it! ^_~ XD

Lil
01-26-2005, 10:01 PM
Oh....my.... 0.0

Kurthy133
01-26-2005, 10:33 PM
Oh....my.... 0.0

I think this is the part where I am supposed to be worried! Eeep! O_O
<3

neoangelwink
01-27-2005, 12:18 AM
^_^ hehe i will keep down.

david-ng
01-28-2005, 07:45 PM
Hiya fellas,

Okay, now that I've finally read the 5 billion posts on this particular forum, I have to say that I am so excited and stoked to be a part of this shoot! I thank you all for having me, and I'd also like to extend a special thanks to Kurthy133 for inviting me in for the event! I am going to do everything I can to help make this an awesome shoot, and am confident that with such a wonderful group to hold it with, it'll all turn out incredible!

Okay, that being said, animechicky2040 brought up an interesting point about the shoot. Basically, Kurthy133 and I hammered out an initial list of specific group photos that we were thinking of running. What I would like to ask is if anyone has any additional suggestions for group shoots. One thing I can think of adding would be the members of the Nekomi Tech Auto Club. Also some original photos, such as having the auto club play with Banpei and the robots, and maybe have Skuld interact or terrorize them.

If possible, please let me know, either in a textual description or an existing image, what you'd like to have. I will do everything I can to entertain and accomodate all ideas within the time alloted.

In addition, I believe we agreed on the Christian Science Center, which should be fine. I am also willing to entertain additional suggestions for any other locations to shoot, so long as they are within local reach of the con center itself. I'm also going to try and visit the area myself to scout around beforehand as well.

Again, please feel free to contact me either on the forums or privately if you have any questions or suggestions. I also plan on being at Katsucon if you'd like to meet to discuss. Thank you all!

david-ng
01-28-2005, 07:47 PM
I like the true to the movie idea, but a comedic spin would be cool too. Whichever you think would make a better shot, or both lol.

Cheers
*grin* ahhh, let's do both! It'll be fun!
I tend to shoot both serious and goofy... and I think both'll look cool!

Dragonrage
01-29-2005, 09:46 AM
I dunno how my surprise for the group will be, it bit be fortunate for some and unfortunate others. Its all part of my master evil plan with the help of Lil of course.

david-ng
01-29-2005, 10:05 AM
I dunno how my surprise for the group will be, it bit be fortunate for some and unfortunate others. Its all part of my master evil plan with the help of Lil of course.
Ohh, I like surprises... just so long as we all don't get arrested by the Boston Police as a result!

TheAnarCHris
01-29-2005, 06:53 PM
Ohh, I like surprises... just so long as we all don't get arrested by the Boston Police as a result!

::puts down the TNT and pie:::

.......you guys wont let me have any fun!

Dragonrage
01-31-2005, 10:29 AM

Nothing I do would invoke the local authorities it make make some people scream with joy and others POed, but I can assure you... I made & lost no bets where I have to dress up like Bell-chan.

Lil
01-31-2005, 08:22 PM
Nothing I do would invoke the local authorities it make make some people scream with joy and others POed, but I can assure you... I made & lost no bets where I have to dress up like Bell-chan.

- much to Lil's dissapointment.....

david-ng
01-31-2005, 08:46 PM
Stop that! Stop that! Silly! No man should have to come in dressed like Bell-Chan.

Urd of course is another story... :-P

Kurthy133
02-01-2005, 12:57 AM
Kei, I don't think my attire is the best suited for you :D Are you and Lil coming to Katsu? We are having a mini-amg gathering~ Yes, in the handy petite size...

I love that we have some how accumulated 30 pages of craziness <3

david-ng
02-01-2005, 08:15 AM
Kei, I don't think my attire is the best suited for you :D Are you and Lil coming to Katsu? We are having a mini-amg gathering~ Yes, in the handy petite size...

*grin* five more until we reach 300 posts of craziness!

Darian_Antilles
02-01-2005, 10:40 AM
I'll be Chrono if you don't mind, even though I'm new....

Dragonrage
02-01-2005, 01:04 PM

Unforunately I won't be going to Katsu, I know Lil is going though. -shivers at remembering the lost bet from Animenext last year- are you going to go to animenext?

TheAnarCHris
02-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Yay 500!!!

Wait a tic...1...2....3...FOUR?!?!?!?

Dammit!!

Yar, el Lil is sharing a room with moi and Carrie and our wacky assortment of friends.

Kurthy133
02-01-2005, 07:45 PM
Darian~ Yay! Awesome~ Welcome aboard and welcome to cosplay.com too. I'll add you to the list. ^^ Do you need reference photos? Or are you all set? <3

Kei~ I'll be staffing, so I'll be sure to see you at AN <3 As for for the rest of you crazy kids - I'll be seeing you at Katsu which is soon approaching!

david-ng
02-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Ohhh.... alright....

300th posting!!!!

TheAnarCHris
02-03-2005, 10:33 PM
DAMN YOU NG!

DAMN YOUSE TO HELL!!

::pouts, goes to corner with pie and explosives::

Dragonrage
02-04-2005, 12:15 AM
All I ask is if during the shoots can Lil and I have 5min to prepare and excute the surprise? Also AB05 will be where I submit my first AMV, and fitting as it is, its and AH! My Goddess one done to the movie. There is a rough preview on Animemusicvideo.org if anyone wants to see it, but mind you that first is low res, minus the 80+ additional hours I put to make it more fluid and all cool with FX. I'm hoping this year maybe we can do a picture Idea I had but never got to do last year. All the goddesses pose in a semi circle with their angels and pose like they are all singing into the sky?

Kurthy133
02-04-2005, 02:30 AM
....All the goddesses pose in a semi circle with their angels and pose like they are all singing into the sky?

EEK! Yes! *.*

I'll definitely vote for your music video - I can't wait to see it <3 And, er... should I be worried about this surprise? *soo curious*
<3

david-ng
02-04-2005, 07:52 AM
All the goddesses pose in a semi circle with their angels and pose like they are all singing into the sky?
I LIKE IT! Probably shoot it from a real high angle? I'm thinking to have the goddesses raise their hands and heads upwards, towards the camera and also have some lower angle shots (maybe suitable for individual close ups of goddess/angel pairings)

david-ng
02-04-2005, 07:52 AM
EEK! Yes! *.*

I'll definitely vote for your music video - I can't wait to see it <3 And, er... should I be worried about this surprise? *soo curious*
<3
For some reason, I keep thinking that tomatoes are gonna be involved in this surprise being cooked up.

Dragonrage
02-05-2005, 02:14 AM
I LIKE IT! Probably shoot it from a real high angle? I'm thinking to have the goddesses raise their hands and heads upwards, towards the camera and also have some lower angle shots (maybe suitable for individual close ups of goddess/angel pairings)

That's what I was hoping to do but we ever never able to get too to creative last year. Another idea I had was to try and recreate some of the original manga covers, and one final idea I had was to have the goddesses back to back of sorts and their angels infront of them with their hands raised to the sky.

Dragonrage
02-05-2005, 02:23 AM
EEK! Yes! *.*

<3

Thank you very much Bell-chan. It would be great if people voted if they really really really liked it but I honestly doubt it might make it to the big screen. I'll just be happy if it gets into the contest but if anyone wants it I'll put it on AMV.org or send it to people personally.

Did you guys hear about the musical guest? Yoko Isha! it would be cool if we all were on stage in the background if she sang the opening theme to Ah! My Goddess. (as if that would happen but it would be a cool thing) Seems like AB this year might be all about the goddess

blueyedgirl
02-05-2005, 01:06 PM
well I don't know 100% for sure if I am going to this con yet. If I was to join this group it would be as Bell...but you already have one :lost:
would you mind another ? :angel2:

Neko_Kaolla
02-09-2005, 10:25 PM
Okay... here's the deal.

I am returning to Florida soon but I will be coming back to come to AB (a promise is a promise). Kurthy, Rhi, or Loli-Is there a way that one (or more) of you can meet me at the airport that Thursday? =o.O=

If you can't, that's fine. I will ask Steve. =^_^=

Putrocca
02-15-2005, 08:41 AM
You know, we would LOVE to have some Goddesses apply for Cosplay Chess... you have some of the most beautiful costumes of any series, and the combat possibilities are priceless. Imagine Belldandy fighting Alucard...

Neko_Kaolla
02-15-2005, 12:08 PM
You know, we would LOVE to have some Goddesses apply for Cosplay Chess... you have some of the most beautiful costumes of any series, and the combat possibilities are priceless. Imagine Belldandy fighting Alucard...

I applied already with my Chii, but I wanted to apply with my costume for this group but they wanted "popular characters."

Putrocca
02-15-2005, 12:12 PM
You can always apply with more than one costume, just put a note that it's the same person, and they'll pick whichever fits their needs better.

Neko_Kaolla
02-15-2005, 12:38 PM
I gave links to websites that display my costumes, and said I am willing to wear whatever they need.

Besides, I don't think they want a chess piece with a three foot wingspan.....

**Yes, my Noble Scarlet Wings have a three foot wingspan...**

Kurthy133
02-15-2005, 05:25 PM
I wish I could~ but I can't do anything on Sundays.
;_____;

(Fight Alucard? More like invite him over for tea :D <3)

BlueEyedGirl~ I guess you could join us. But could you consider being someone else? We are really looking to have other characters and not doubles.

NekoKaolla~ I think I could meet you at the airport. I do live right in Boston. ^^ But I wouldn't be able to stay that long - I know I'll be busy that night!
<3

Neko_Kaolla
02-15-2005, 09:25 PM
NekoKaolla~ I think I could meet you at the airport. I do live right in Boston. ^^ But I wouldn't be able to stay that long - I know I'll be busy that night!
<3

OMG Thank you so much! Once I find out where the AP hotel room I will be all set. But if you need help with anything that night I will be glad to give you a hand! =^_^=

Neko_Kaolla
02-17-2005, 12:01 AM
In case anyone is curious about costume progress, here are some for me:
The shirt:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=275194

The hair/makeup test:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=275154

=^_^=v After Megacon I will have completed photos from Maboroshi-San! And I am entering her in the costume contest there, so wish me luck!

blueyedgirl
02-17-2005, 12:34 AM
BlueEyedGirl~ I guess you could join us. But could you consider being someone else? We are really looking to have other characters and not doubles.

Dont' worry about it. Not 100% sure if I am going yet.

lialia
02-25-2005, 05:51 PM
Arrrr! must...start...Hild! *runs off to order wig supplies and look at fabric*

Neko_Kaolla
02-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Scarlet didn't win, and I don't have many pictures. Only Cosplaylab took completed posed photos and Mab took some at the contest. I will post them soon.

And I really hope I can still come!! *prays* It all depends on whether or not I can afford the plane ticket...

Chibi_Misao1
02-28-2005, 12:54 PM
Oooh, Kurthy! I didn't know you were going to Anime Boston XD
Well maybe I should do Peorth for Anime Boston AND Otakon? What about that.
That be okie? <3

Take care, Bellldandy ^_~! <333

rhichan
03-01-2005, 07:57 PM
That be okie? <3

We already have a Peorth, but why not World of Elegance? You know you want to! Pleasepleasepleaseplease?

Skuld just checking in to say she's super-excited!

AlikNyankoChan
03-02-2005, 03:36 AM
I'd like to be World of Elegance. I've never seen anyone do the costume well, and after chatting with david about this photoshoot, I'm pumped to do *a* costume for this, even if it's not belldandy ^^

Count me in as World of Elegance.

~Alik

Kurthy133
03-02-2005, 02:11 PM
I'd like to be World of Elegance. I've never seen anyone do the costume well, and after chatting with david about this photoshoot, I'm pumped to do *a* costume for this, even if it's not belldandy ^^

Count me in as World of Elegance.

~Alik

Awesome! Thanks Alik! We have all the angels now~ *.*
<3

Neko_Kaolla
03-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Awesome! Thanks Alik! We have all the angels now~ *.*
<3

You will if I can make it... things are looking grim...

In any case, the costume is done and ready to go.

The finished product (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=287416)

neoangelwink
03-08-2005, 10:22 AM
^_^tee cant what see very one!

Neko_Kaolla
03-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Guys-it isn't looking good for me. At. All. =T.T=

And to make it worse, Scott McNeil is going to be there!! And I won't!! *cries*

CrimsonNataku
03-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Just to let you know, I will still be able to participate in the photoshoot. You will have a Rind there no matter what (unless some emergency that cannot be avoided comes up of course *knocks on wood*). The costume does need a little mending, and I never made the goddess symbols ^_^;

Adrienne
03-09-2005, 06:51 PM
^_^tee cant what see very one!

It was so nice meeting you at Katsucon. ^___^ It's going to be great at Anime Boston!!

Ranma Saotome
03-11-2005, 12:01 AM
Three words... Oh hell yes. ^_^

Adrienne
03-11-2005, 09:21 AM
That be okie? <3

If Neko can't make it, we may need a Noble Scarlet. :lost: I think you would make a cute Scarlet. ^^

Kurthy133
03-11-2005, 01:14 PM
If Neko can't make it, we may need a Noble Scarlet. :lost: I think you would make a cute Scarlet. ^^

OMG. That's a really great idea! *lurbs her Misao*

How are things looking lately NK?
<3

Crystalike
03-11-2005, 11:25 PM
it's still iffy if im coming...still debating the pros and cons with the parentals at teh moment...gah! geroff my back mom! but put me in as possible for Sayoko! im going to do a chinese dress design and short heels; my hair's perfect, it jsut needs to stay the same shape till AB! hmm, maybe i should carry a video camera to catch you in the act of magic?? lol, kurthy, you're a witch?!?! that part was so funny in the manga...

Neko_Kaolla
03-13-2005, 10:58 PM
OMG. That's a really great idea! *lurbs her Misao*

How are things looking lately NK?
<3
Worse and worse every day... :waaaah: Doesn't look like I am coming... :blubber: And I feel like crap about it.

You just have to recast Scarlet. :walkoff:

But I will leave you with this:
http://www.cosplaylab.com/events/megacon/2005/cosplaycontest/megacon_cosplay_73.jpg
I did finish it for you all.

Kurthy133
03-26-2005, 10:54 PM
*looks at the sad dead thread*

Hi guys! I just met with David NG last weekend to scope out our site~ I'm so pumped! It is gonna be so pretty.

Crystal~ I put you down for Sayoko, I really hope you can make it. We need to meetup <3

BUT~ How is everyone doing? Can you believe there is only a month left?! Whoa! Where did the time go?
<3

AlikNyankoChan
03-27-2005, 01:12 AM
I heard about the site...it sounds beautiful! Now I'm just hoping it'll be warm and not raining.

I've ordered everything I need for my costume...I'll be starting this week on the wig(at least the wig is easy). This costume is much more expensive than my other, more detailed costumes because of the 2 wigs needed, the wings, and the fully fingered and footed unitard I need so I can do the designs all the way down to my fingers and toes. I'd make it all manga-like, but I think the ass cleavage isn't gonna be a good idea at the con XD

No body paint, so costume gets mad expensive...boo for 300$ costume.

God I hope I get this done properly -_-;

~Alik

CrimsonNataku
03-27-2005, 12:07 PM
The once-distant future now
Will soon be running by.

Hehe... My costume is already done since I did it for last year, I only need to mend it in certain places. I hate to say it but I am kinda glad that I didn't grow taller or anything since last year ^_^;. I do have to find a hair accessory since I don't really feel like cutting my hair like I did at AB '04. But those are just trivial things. I could get that done in a month, no problem... I think.

I did have a question: For the goddesses did we decide whether or not we would make the goddess symbols out of the same material?

Codemonkey
04-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Sorry, I'm really late on the reply... But do you mind if I get a few pictures of the group? My best friend really likes Ah! My Goddess. I think it'd be really nice to send her a few photos. Pweeaaassseee? *puppy eyes*

neoangelwink
04-04-2005, 10:20 AM
^_^ do hope we get good weather. still working on it, keep change on how to make it. does any know a cheap place for rose vines?

Kurthy133
04-05-2005, 10:45 PM
Hi Guys~

I just made a poll~ a few of you have come foward saying that there are time conflicts with our original time. Poor David should know what time we want fairly soon. I hope we can pin down something! Please vote <3

Ranma Saotome
04-06-2005, 04:28 AM
*thud* Uhm... Far as I know, I have no conflicts... I haven't even checked the cosplay schedules yet! :p *rolls off*

TheAnarCHris
04-06-2005, 03:11 PM
I have FF/Naruto things I need to attend to for the rest of the weekend (providing I can find a motorcycle jacket), so the earlier the better. Sides, I have a panel @ 2 on Friday.

lialia
04-06-2005, 03:29 PM
im so sorry i cant make it as hild on fri ;_; they wont give me the day off of work i was lucky enough to get fri night and the rest of teh weekend off i stopped working on the costume as i stopped awhile ago thinking i might not get to go at all but i do have a surprise obscure amg costume im wearing for lisa-bells on saturday i hope you recognize it ;P you amg nut

Poisonous Intent
04-06-2005, 04:40 PM
Aya-chan's parents scheduled a trip to France with non-refundabl airfare..so no Welsper..I'm way behind on funds to purchase a blonde wig and style it in Mara's way..Though I might be able to borrow..not 100% sure I'll be able to finish Mara though...perhaps another shoot at Ota?

Ali
04-09-2005, 09:09 PM
If someone wanted to borrow my Velsper for the shoot, I'd be willing to loan it out. I've only got the coat and jumper (my turtleneck was borrowed) but I'd be willing to loan the highly innacurate shoes I wore, and possibly even the wig, if I know you. I'm a size 8/10, and the shoes are 10/11.
It'd be nice to have a Velsper at the shoot, but I'm not wearing that thing again. Ever. ^__^

cloud_heart
04-11-2005, 12:12 AM
^_^ i got wig , costime done just need some sew the wing on in my room all good.

neoangelwink
04-11-2005, 09:24 AM
sorry my freind forgot log off on my computer so i posted by addent under his name.

^_^ i got wig , costime done just need some sew the wing on in my room all good.

Ali
04-11-2005, 12:45 PM
I'm really psyched about my wig... very pleased with the base I found. I'm finally almost done with my makeup homework and should be able to get the costume this weekend. (Though, frankly, not a lot to worry about costume-wise. ^^; )

edit: yay! wig is styled! I'm really happy with it: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=315122&page=

neoangelwink
04-15-2005, 09:30 AM
your wig is so pretty. ^_^ u will look great!!!

TheAnarCHris
04-25-2005, 06:19 PM
Okie good news and bad news
Good-Carrie's costume is all pretty and good
Bad- I Still dont have a jacekt...and done have 3 digits numbers in cash for a new one.

Gonna see if someone else has one to borrow. Or I'm boned.

Sweet~Pea
04-25-2005, 07:15 PM
so are we all still meeting up for this?
What's happening?

Silence Glaive
04-25-2005, 07:26 PM
Well, as far as I know it's still on for Friday. I just spoke to Lisa about 2 days ago, and she's as excited about it as I am.

CrimsonNataku
04-25-2005, 08:03 PM
I'm still in on it.

Sweet~Pea
04-25-2005, 08:25 PM
ok, just making sure everything is a go :heart: can't wait!

lialia
04-25-2005, 11:06 PM
well im not gonna be able to make it as hild *told lisa awhile ago* but....... i will be wearing Gate on saturday ^^

CrimsonNataku
04-25-2005, 11:18 PM
Just a quick question, did we ever decide where we were going to meet up? Are we going to meet somewhere in the Hynes Convention Center and then go to the location of the photoshoot? If so, did we decide where?

Kurthy133
04-26-2005, 12:32 AM
Oh yes dear~ the polls results are for the same time - Fri at 1:15! I think right outside the front entrance is easiest to get to for everyone and we can go from there.

and Erilan is going to be Keima and because Neko Kaolla can't fill the spot of Noble Scarlet, ChibiMisao will be her! Whoo!

I can't wait to see everyone!! :D
<3

TheAnarCHris
04-26-2005, 05:46 PM
HAHA, victory is mine, I've found a jacket (or something closs enuff) for sum primo K-1 abuse!

Go Team ME! BWOARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Dragonrage
04-27-2005, 11:22 PM
Iwill be there thrusday,(tomorrow) so please look for Lil and myself. Also, could anyone also bring a purple ribbon for me and Lil?

Sweet~Pea
04-28-2005, 07:57 PM
Iwill be there thrusday,(tomorrow) so please look for Lil and myself. Also, could anyone also bring a purple ribbon for me and Lil?

I'll have a roll on me. I can cut a couple pieces for you. :japan:

Silence Glaive
05-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Just wanted to say a quick thanx to everyone who was able to make it to the shoot Friday. Despite not being as grandiose as we hoped it would, it was cool nonetheless.

Kurthy: You know how to put together a group, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise

Dragonrage: I'm still trying to get over that look on your face during that one picture. Don't let that fool you though, Belldandy is still MINE!

Starwind: As far as Otaki cosplayers go, you were the first, the only, and probably will reign as the best.

DJRanmaS: Get off my arm!!!

NeoAngelWink: Angelic...amazingly so.

AnimeChicky: You're too cool for words. I hope you're coming to AnimeNEXT so we can hang out some more!

To the rest of you, I will remember this as being one of my favorite AMG gatherings of all time. Bravo everyone!

Kurthy133
05-02-2005, 06:14 PM
To go along with Celestin's post~ I wanted to thank all you guys for coming out and even those who tried but couldn't make it. I had so much fun and all of you looked amazing! I was in awe. I can't wait to see what the pictures look like~ I want to make a CG of us as one big happy group <3

TheAnarCHris
05-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Just wanted to say a quick thanx to everyone who was able to make it to the shoot Friday. Despite not being as grandiose as we hoped it would, it was cool nonetheless.

Kurthy: You know how to put together a group, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise

Dragonrage: I'm still trying to get over that look on your face during that one picture. Don't let that fool you though, Belldandy is still MINE!

Starwind: As far as Otaki cosplayers go, you were the first, the only, and probably will reign as the best.

!

YES! Just like my Gene Starwind costume..minus the only and first...but stil lthe best, w00t!

neoangelwink
05-02-2005, 11:44 PM
^_^ yep, it was good fun ,sorry could not stay long ans stuff. but good fun. con so hard to keep on time.

Sweet~Pea
05-03-2005, 05:17 AM

AnimeChicky: You're too cool for words. I hope you're coming to AnimeNEXT so we can hang out some more!

To the rest of you, I will remember this as being one of my favorite AMG gatherings of all time. Bravo everyone!

I don't believe I'll be able to make it to AN because I don't have room/ride at all cause I didn't plan to go. If anyone really wants me to go and has a room/ride for me, I'd be happy to try to go. hehe
But Otakon will most likely be my next con. So whoever's going to that I'll see you there. I'll probably bring Morgan with me to wear for a little bit. (if it's not horrible hot)

Cheers

AlikNyankoChan
05-06-2005, 11:32 PM
Kudos to everyone who actually came to the shoot ^^. I think we ended up with about...11 out of an original 25? Sheesh, hideous number of dropouts. Very dissapointing...what happened to everyone?

I was so happy to see all the beautiful work everyone put into their costumes ^^.

I had no idea it would take me 3 hours to get all the paint on(with a helper!). I guess painting the designs is harder than I thought...and the body paint didn't arrive, so I was stuck with crappy acrylics which flaked and died -_-. Next time I wear my World Of Elegance I'll have my seams finished, and the right bodypaint(was waiting for me when I got home...only 1 day too late.). At least I made it to the shoot at the end (where did kurthy133 run off to?).

Thank you again everyone ^^

~Alik

neoangelwink
05-06-2005, 11:39 PM
but came out gret ^_^ thought. i love the little wings.

david-ng
05-07-2005, 09:06 AM
To add to everyone's comments, I'd like to say that the shoot turned out to be so much fun, and was a highlight of my day on Friday.

Thank you all for your efforts and the fine work! I'd also like to extend my thanks to Kurthy133 for all the hard work she put into organizing the shoot!

My apologies for not posting sooner, and I'm sure this has made the rounds on-line, but the photos are now up on my website:

http://www.ng-master.com/Photoshoots/2005/AMG-Gathering/index.htm

*bows* Domo Arigato Gozaimasu!

neoangelwink
05-08-2005, 10:50 PM
u did really grea job as alway ^_^ dave hug!!

Ali
05-08-2005, 11:22 PM
Yeah, I knew I wasn't going to be able to make it to the shoot (I had class from 1 to 2), but I had hoped to finish the costume and wear it a little that day.
Sadly, I didn't even arrive at the con until 3 or 4 (last minute errands to run), and had abandoned poor Holy Bell to finish my masq costume... that didn't even get to appear in the masq... ^^;;;

Not the best time for me, but y'all looked awesome.
neoangelwink - I loved how you did Gorgeous Rose! I think I saw you for a little bit in the pre-reg line on Thursday, but was a little too shy to say anything. ^^;; wish I had gotten the chance to see you in costume!

david - thanks for the awesome pictures to show me what I missed!