PDA

View Full Version : Airsoft Guns and Shoulder Holsters

aguynamedgoo
08-28-2004, 02:06 PM
All right, Ohayocon's site doesn't seem to have it's weapons policy posted anywhere where I could find it (and feel free to link me and close the thread if I am stupid and unobservant) so I need to know: would Ohayocon allow an Airsoft gun? I haven't purchused it yet and I can buy another kind of gun if the answer is no, but my main problem is for my costume I would be keeping it in a shoulder holster under a coat, so it may look initially like I am drawing a weapon before the orange tip is apparent, or even if I have any kind of toy gun. I have yet to see a "no concealed shoulder holsters" rule, but I understand the danger in this and want to know if this is actually against the rules somewhere and if there is any way I can not get shot while drawing. (I thought of making a large, neon sign warning people that I may draw a concealed toy weapon, but you'd need to be so close to see it.)

Rameana
08-28-2004, 08:23 PM
Nope, I heard before no Airsoft/BB guns. Go on the Ohayocon Forums, you'll get all your answers there.

Nameless
09-20-2004, 10:46 PM
At Ikasucon, I was at the con as Chris Redfield from Resident Evil. The airsoft that I had stayed in my tactical vest's holster and only brung it out to take pictures. If any one had asked, they could see that it was a a airsoft because of the bright orange tip and the barell was pluged. Plus to that the gun was not loaded.

But at I will be revamping my costume for Ohayocon with some new things. I will have a tactical holster on my leg with a Desert Eagle. And if my money is right, I may have a AK-47 or a pistol grip Shot gun. The tips will be painted, but just by looking at it you can be able to see that the guns are not real.

Rameana
09-20-2004, 11:35 PM
At Ikasucon, I was at the con as Chris Redfield from Resident Evil. The airsoft that I had stayed in my tactical vest's holster and only brung it out to take pictures. If any one had asked, they could see that it was a a airsoft because of the bright orange tip and the barell was pluged. Plus to that the gun was not loaded.

But at I will be revamping my costume for Ohayocon with some new things. I will have a tactical holster on my leg with a Desert Eagle. And if my money is right, I may have a AK-47 or a pistol grip Shot gun. The tips will be painted, but just by looking at it you can be able to see that the guns are not real.

I don't know how many more Resident Evil cosplayer we will have, but I will be cosplaying Alice from the movie, but I will also have an MP5 for another character.
SAll of mine guns are toys,.. but they look really real. ^_^

Also do you know where to get a pistol grip toy shotgun? I need one too.. or I have to change the grip on my current one.

Nameless
09-21-2004, 12:10 PM
I get all of my airsofts and Swords (real 440 stainless steel) from Bud K and Cheaper Than Dirt. They have websites that you can give them your information and they will send you free catalogs. You can also order on line, but I don't trust online shopping. But for the Desert Eagle, I'm getting that From MGM Sporting Goods for $30.00. I'ts all black, but if you wish and have the skills and time to prime and paint it, you can give it a crome or nickel look.