PDA

View Full Version : Any anime cons in NJ/NY?

ArchFaith
08-29-2004, 11:50 AM
Hey all....New Jersey and New York seem to be severely lacking in the anime con department, especially since these two states are bursting with fans!! Are there any mini-cons or gatherings going on this year or next? I can't wait until AnimeNext 2005...I need something...now!

marronsama
08-30-2004, 02:23 PM
Well with AnimeNext, you just told the entire story. Shoujocon appears dead, but the head of the Shoujo Arts Society sort of came back and left the door open. BAAF should be back in NYC next year also.

Cassandra
08-30-2004, 02:33 PM
I don't know how far from Philly you are but KosaiKon (http://www.kosaikon.com) has an event on October 9 at Villanova University. ^_^

TheAnarCHris
08-30-2004, 03:23 PM
WWW.Gameonny.com

This is is looking to be crazy go nuts. Dressdragn and I are already looking into the cosplay scene, and my end up running wacky events...more info to come.

yummivix
08-30-2004, 03:29 PM
where is anime next going to be next year? same place or elsewhere?

Emeralda
08-30-2004, 07:44 PM
where is anime next going to be next year? same place or elsewhere?

AnimeNext will be announcing dates/location soon.

sheenaringo
09-02-2004, 11:01 AM
new jersey needs more cons...agreed

yummivix
09-02-2004, 03:36 PM
Aye! more cons in New Jersey!
I am looking forward to the Anime Next update on their site to know where and when so I can start putting aside money for it!

PatrickD
09-02-2004, 04:15 PM
AnimeNext already announced 2005 dates. Are they planning to change?
http://www.animenext.org/2005.html

Emeralda
09-02-2004, 08:32 PM
AnimeNext already announced 2005 dates. Are they planning to change?
http://www.animenext.org/2005.html

Not changing the dates, we're just waiting to sign contracts before announcing the venue.

Kairi G
09-03-2004, 10:58 AM
Well, this isnt a con, but we are having a Cosplay Picnic in Saratoga Springs NY on sept 11th. here is the website, http://morbant.psydra.net and here is the email if you are interested. NYCosplayPicnic@aol.com

Shinigami_Mimi
09-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Yeah, the only cons I know are AnimeNext, Shoujocon with lil hope ^^, and ppl saying that BAAF is returning. Too many cons are in Canada and CA. It's no fair. T.T I do agree NJ needs more cons. Hopefully someone hears the cry. XD

I just noticed any picnics near NJ or NY are always in country land. They're never in the city. X.x

Jes
09-06-2004, 01:34 AM
That's Because NJ sucks... x.x We Deffinately need to make a Picnic think. But don't look at me because i can't pay for anything really. A Cosplay Picnic. x)

ArchFaith
09-06-2004, 01:49 AM
Heh, I just heard of that GameOnNY thing today. Will there be cosplay, though? It sounds like a video game show, and I don't wanna be the only one wearing a costume...

Ah, and that picnic's too far away for me to attend. I don't have my own car yet, and I doubt my mother would want to let me indulge in my "freakiness"...

Hopefully I will go to college in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, or maybe even Illinois or California. Those places aren't lacking as much as New Jersey is.

UmekoS
09-06-2004, 01:55 AM
._. ::hums walks around:: *falls to knees* I can't go on beggin my parents to take me to distant far away places. why why why why why why why why T-T republican convention....no baaf *squiggles and dies* X_X okay I'll rally the troops and somehow we'll take over some spot and get an event working! ::kidding:: *sigh*

Elvenwolf
09-06-2004, 02:07 PM
I think the NYO! ppl are going to organize some cosplay at GameonNY. There's going to be a picnic in Eisenhower Park, Long Island, NY next month. And for NYC photoshoots, there have been some in Central Park before. If someone is a good photographer, then do speak up and perhaps organize a gathering for NY/NJ cosplayers. (I think Central Park is a pretty neutral location depending on where you take the shots).

TheAnarCHris
09-07-2004, 11:04 AM
Yes, there will be cosplaying @ Gameonny, I'm running the FF related shoots, and Dressdrang's handling the fighting games as it seems.

Natalie
09-07-2004, 03:20 PM
what else will be happening at gameonny? any masquerades? those are always fun. i'm guessing that it's video games only?(which it doesn't matter to me because i've only cosplayed video game characters so far).

neoangelwink
09-07-2004, 04:36 PM
^_^ it should be good ^_^

tristasusen
09-07-2004, 10:43 PM
Maybe we cosplayers can meet up and hang out and take pictures in GameonNY

dressdragn
09-16-2004, 04:45 PM
Maybe we cosplayers can meet up and hang out and take pictures in GameonNY

We(otaku army-nyo) will defintly be doing meet ups and stuff at Game on NY, if you check the other con's section, you can find the thread. There will be genral cosplay meet ups as well as game specific photo shoots.

And yes, it will be all v-game related.

~Anna