PDA

View Full Version : Kyo From Dir En Greys Tats

XpunkRikuX
08-29-2004, 01:08 PM
OK.Im going as Kyo Niimura from deg on saturday at anime usa6 but Im going as him in his casual suit.Its from this magazine scan I have of him and the band.Hes weaing a red tank top shirt with a black derby looking hat...anyone know what Im talking about?Anyway if youve ever seen the pics of him in that suit you might have noticed these two gigantic tats on each of his arms.The pics I have arent that clear but I can make out one of them is sort of like a dragon or sumthing.If anyone has any clearer pics of his tats or could make explain them in better detail post them up here to help me out.Also does anyone have any ideas in actually making those things?Like what should I do?Any specific things to use?((like sharpies,pens,any special kind of markers???))Thanx for ur help and peace out.=^.^=v

iodinered
08-29-2004, 01:27 PM
OK.Im going as Kyo Niimura from deg on saturday at anime usa6 but Im going as him in his casual suit.Its from this magazine scan I have of him and the band.Hes weaing a red tank top shirt with a black derby looking hat...anyone know what Im talking about?Anyway if youve ever seen the pics of him in that suit you might have noticed these two gigantic tats on each of his arms.The pics I have arent that clear but I can make out one of them is sort of like a dragon or sumthing.If anyone has any clearer pics of his tats or could make explain them in better detail post them up here to help me out.Also does anyone have any ideas in actually making those things?Like what should I do?Any specific things to use?((like sharpies,pens,any special kind of markers???))Thanx for ur help and peace out.=^.^=v

Darn these Jrockers for getting their arms all tattooed up. ...Makes it so much more difficult for accurate cosplay. I'm no help on describing Kyo's tats but 2 of my favorites are the same way (Kiyoharu and HAKUEI). I share your pain.

But! I can help a bit for the method. I don't recommend Sharpies (they are not made for skin). Gell pens aren't made for skin either, but I've never head of anyone having problems with them (other than that they can streak a bit if you're filling in areas). Liquid eyeliners work well if you let them dry and then lightly powder over them. They also sell temp tattoo ink at some body-mod sites, but I can't remember any specific sites anymore. One of the malls here has a temp tattoo stand where they airbrush people and do custom designs as well as flash. It's not a mall I go to regularly so I don't know if they were a permanant setup or if they have shops elsewhere.

While walking through OfficeMax I saw something that I have to pick up one of these days. They had temporary tattoo printer paper! You could draw or edit a picture of his tattoos on your computer and then print it on the paper and it'd be just like any normal temporary tattoo! :bigtu:

-Levin Ghent

FrenchhornFruit
08-31-2004, 03:44 PM
there are tattoo pens that work pretty well

you can also try ballpoint pens if you're in a pinch and you CANNOT get ink poisoning from those pens, only sharpies. or it you're a great artist, draw it with eyeliner.

as for pics i couldn't find any that really showed them clearly

XpunkRikuX
08-31-2004, 05:54 PM
THANK U GUYS SOO MUCH. *huggles frenchhornfruit and iodinered* I think Im gunna go with the temp tat paper..it sounds easy enough.lol.But if all else fails a ballpoint pen doesnt sound to bad.lol. I hear ya iodinered...they get all tatted up and perty for us to drool over and then....one of us crazy jrock fans get the bright idea to cos as them...and then all hell breaks loose with the tats.lmao.Im gunna try my hardest to get his costume accurate but those tats are going to be a challenge..not only that but what does it actually say on his shirt???I cant read all of it...something about stay away...something,something.lol.If u guys have any suggestions help me out.peace out.=^.^=v

Crimson Deity
08-31-2004, 10:12 PM
I've personally not had very good experience with temporary tattoo printer paper. Now, I've never used the kind at Office Max, but my little sister had some a while back that we tried out. It was really cool in the sense that you could make the design on the computer and print it out with an inkjet printer, but putting it on skin was the disappointing part. Instead of just the ink rubbing onto your skin like a normal temp tattoo, it transfers this plastic-ey stuff that wrinkles up really easily, not looking great. I'm not sure that all types of tattoo paper are like that, but the kinds I've used all have been. I'd suggest liquid eyeliner or a tattoo pen, or at least have these around and maybe practice drawing the design in case you have trouble with the printer tattoo paper too.

FrenchhornFruit
09-01-2004, 12:09 AM
your welcome

if you're feeling devoted then go grab a tatto and scare your parents. my cousin came home with an anbu tattoo, he's 14 i have no clue how he got it but when his parents told my parents.. bad