PDA

View Full Version : Any one get any comments from strangers outside of AN on your costumes?

cloud and sephy
08-29-2004, 07:58 PM
Did anyone walk around any where else besides the con wit their costume and get wierd stares?
Its so funny how ppl react!

ArchFaith
09-10-2004, 03:00 PM
The only place I went to outside the con was a pizza parlor down the road, and when I went to the bathroom my friend said the pizza guy asked if I was in a dance competition at the hotel. It was funny ^_^

cloud and sephy
09-10-2004, 09:50 PM
-.- you were lucky to have just gotten comments. Lil old me was wearing my kenshin outfit as we walked to our car 7 o'clock in da morning. Thinking no one was really out that early I felt confident... lets just say I picked the day the Olympic torch was going through my city to walk in my costume around. :waaaah: there were a bunch of people. Some guys were whistling at me.... I was so confused @.@''' did they know I was goin as a dude.
Than when I thought nothing else would go wrong the back of my pants get lose causing them to fall off. I canít believe I flashed my whole neighborhood. A bunch of people burst out laughing including my lovin sis -.-.
After the con we went to eat at a dinner back home...we got lots of laughs and stares...especially minako san who was sailor venus. A couple of the waiters guessed we just came from a con.
:bigtu: can't wait for next year!

Adara
09-11-2004, 04:57 PM
Gah, that stinks. That must have been uber-embarassing. >< Hakama pants can be evil. I couldn't figure out how to make the waistband hold up the back part right, so I wore some pajama shorts under mine for my Kaoru costume in case they did end up falling down. ^^;

Some lady in the elevator at the hotel asked me what was going on and why there were so many people were in costumes, so I explained it to her and she looked at me like I was a nutcase. heheh, oh well.

cloud and sephy
09-12-2004, 11:04 AM
As long as they don't say... "Arenít you a bit too old for this?" I'm fine with the weird questions. >.< I hate when people think anime is just for children.

hehehehehe the pants were falling off the whole morning until we got to new jersey where we had to pick up sailor venus. My secrets for keeping the pants on me were safety pins. I hope no one realized but during the cosplay the fabric covering my chest got loose and fell of so god knows how long my chest was bare I just hope no one saw :waaaah: and I was trying so hard not to flash people.
Sailor Venus had skirt trouble cause it kept on flying up so she would press against me but that still didn't prevent the front to lift up.
^.^' so many problems.

Shinigami_Mimi
09-12-2004, 11:41 AM
Wow. O.O That does suck. But at least it's over with. ^^ Lol.

Let's see. XD I remember this every year I go to AnimeNext because since I know the area well me and my friends eat at Food Courts and stuff. But this year we went to the Sushi bar at an open mall. Of course ppl thought 4 of my friends outfits were normal since we were either school girls or dressed in normal cosplay clothes. XD Lol. But my friend was dressed from MKR and this girl was like," A princess! A princess!" As for us, they did give stares, they did whisper amongest themselves saying things, but oh well. It's interesting. ^^ I mean the ppl are totally clueless, but you're not. Lol.

cloud and sephy
09-12-2004, 03:09 PM
"But my friend was dressed from MKR and this girl was like," A princess! A princess!"
That's cute!

My other friend who was kauro had her picture taken by some random Japanese business men. O.o she was really creeped out.
:waaaah: wait you guys went to a sushi bar... dang I really wanted sushi.
If you were at a food court does that mean you walked through a mall?

Shinigami_Mimi
09-13-2004, 06:16 AM
"But my friend was dressed from MKR and this girl was like," A princess! A princess!"
That's cute!

My other friend who was kauro had her picture taken by some random Japanese business men. O.o she was really creeped out.
:waaaah: wait you guys went to a sushi bar... dang I really wanted sushi.
If you were at a food court does that mean you walked through a mall?
Yeah. XD Me and my friend walked through the mall the first two years of Animenext. But this year was outside mall and Sushi bar. XD Well, my friends said the Japanese food was bad, but the sushi was good. ^^ If anyone wants like places to go that are around the con I know a ton. ^^ Just ask. XD Lol.

Natalie
09-13-2004, 04:26 PM
i was in the elevator too when a family was with me. it was just a guy, a woman, and a little girl. i was all dressed up, and i had my boomerang with me. the guy was asking me what i was. lol. he did guess some kind of indian warrior, so that was close enough. the little girl just stared at me, and the woman said that i looked very pretty. lol. it was interesting. i actually completely forgot about that until now.

cloud and sephy
09-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Yeah. XD Me and my friend walked through the mall the first two years of Animenext. But this year was outside mall and Sushi bar. XD Well, my friends said the Japanese food was bad, but the sushi was good. ^^ If anyone wants like places to go that are around the con I know a ton. ^^ Just ask. XD Lol.
Animenext took place in NJthis year only. The location of this con changes every year @.@'' how come you know so many places around?
AN2003 took place in such a secluded place...we had a really hard time finding it. This years location was better I must say.

the woman said that i looked very pretty.
:waaaah: You got such a sweet compliment...I wish I was in that elevator!

makotohanabi
09-13-2004, 08:56 PM
sunday night on the way back to Virginia my sister, friend and I stopped at a Waffle House north of Baltimore around 10 pm. I was wearing my Koinosuke costume with my Schuldig jacket since it was cold. I got some stares because of my costume and partly since we weren't from there. Everyone seemed to know everyone else.

cloud and sephy
09-13-2004, 09:27 PM
O.O Those kind of places scare me!

Shinigami_Mimi
09-14-2004, 06:34 AM
Animenext took place in NJthis year only. The location of this con changes every year @.@'' how come you know so many places around?
AN2003 took place in such a secluded place...we had a really hard time finding it. This years location was better I must say.

:waaaah: You got such a sweet compliment...I wish I was in that elevator!
I know it took place in NJ. XD Lol. Well, in AnimeNext '03 it was a really rough time to find the place. X.x But I know the area around where the con is now because my mom used to work around there, and also because I live close by. ^^

Also I was talking to a Staff member at Otakon, he said that AnimeNext wouldn't change the area they're in fro year to year. The city they're in they say is good. ^^ Unless we get a really big amount of ppl then maybe it'll change. Lol.

Taka-san
09-14-2004, 04:30 PM
at anime detour 04(yes i now that this was the first year for animedetour im writing this for people after anime detour 2005) i went to the mall of america for lunch with a twilight suzuka cosplayer and with in a few steps from the door two guys ran up and sead you come here your not geting away with out your pictures taken.

cloud and sephy
09-14-2004, 04:39 PM
at anime detour 04(yes i now that this was the first year for animedetour im writing this for people after anime detour 2005) i went to the mall of america for lunch with a twilight suzuka cosplayer and with in a few steps from the door two guys ran up and sead you come here your not geting away with out your pictures taken.
Demanding O.o but hey they liked the cosplay. I just love fans who run up to you. By the way...where is anime detour. ^.^'' I kinda never heard of it!

Also I was talking to a Staff member at Otakon, he said that AnimeNext wouldn't change the area they're in fro year to year. The city they're in they say is good.
YAY! I might actually make it....but are they goin to be back in oct. or june? ;.; I hope june.

>.< I just found a pic of my friend minako chan online...you can see me in da back. I look creepy!

Taka-san
09-14-2004, 08:55 PM
[QUOTE=cloud and sephy]Demanding O.o but hey they liked the cosplay. I just love fans who run up to you. By the way...where is anime detour. ^.^'' I kinda never heard of it!

Anime detour is a con that started last year in the twin citys minneasota

Taka-san
09-14-2004, 08:56 PM
sorry i cant figure out how to delete this post

cloud and sephy
09-14-2004, 10:00 PM
Anime detour is a con that started last year in the twin citys minneasota
Oh I see...I'm no where close to Minneasota so I neva heard of it.
sorry i cant figure out how to delete this post
Hehehehehehe...It's ok. ^.^

My friend (the one that was Kauro) called me today and we talked about last years con. She was just saying how her kimono was blown open by the wind on this really busy street in queens when she was trying to hurry to the store where her obi was. She was too much in a hurry to even notice but she got tons of stares. ^.^ I guess when you're late for a con nothing matters more but getting there :bigtu:

Shinigami_Mimi
09-15-2004, 06:32 AM
Demanding O.o but hey they liked the cosplay. I just love fans who run up to you. By the way...where is anime detour. ^.^'' I kinda never heard of it!

YAY! I might actually make it....but are they goin to be back in oct. or june? ;.; I hope june.

>.< I just found a pic of my friend minako chan online...you can see me in da back. I look creepy!
They're coming back in June. XD If they came in Oct. none of us would have enough time to make our cosplay outfits. Lol.

Piccie! ^^

cloud and sephy
09-15-2004, 03:42 PM
True true...YAY YAY JUNE... I hated it when it took place in oct. I almost didn't make cause of school and it was cold so I had to wear a jacket over my costume -.-...I looked really dumb!
hehehehe I remember that year....I went to a cafe where my friend was eating breakfast with her family (her family drove us there) and I was in my costume. Lots of ppl thought I didn't know the real date of Halloween so they kept reminding me and I kept sayn "Iím goin to a con -.-'"

Shinigami_Mimi
09-16-2004, 07:55 AM
Omg. XD That was cruel. Lol. When ppl ask about my outfit I yell out," Come to AnimeNext!" Lol. XD

But now it's in June. ^^ So it's around the end of school and all. I know it's taking place June 17-19. ^^

cloud and sephy
09-16-2004, 05:45 PM
Muhahahahahaha...seniors get out in may so i have time to get ready :bigtu: .
Hey do you know when otakon will take place?

Shinigami_Mimi
09-28-2004, 06:19 AM
Otakon is around July. X.x Or Aug. I would check the Otakon thread. Lol. ^^

cloud and sephy
09-28-2004, 03:51 PM
>.< too lazy to read all those threads. I'll just wait until they post it up on their website.

Shinigami_Mimi
09-28-2004, 08:07 PM
Lol. XD That's another good idea too.