PDA

View Full Version : InuYasha costume discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Gale
08-31-2004, 10:53 AM
Edit as of 1/16/09:

So, disregard the post that used to be here. I have NO IDEA what I was planning, and whatever it was obviously fell through. I am finally planning a Kagome costume though, and posted more recently in the thread with some specific questions about that.

Otherwise, really just use this as a discussion for making costumes from Inu Yasha. And before you ask a question, if you can think of a good keyword to what you need help with, try the search function, because maybe someone else has asked about it before and you'll get your answer much faster if it's already been posted!

Coatri
08-31-2004, 09:38 PM
well I'm no great seamstress, but I don't think Kagome's costume is too hard to make. You just need a pleated skirt pattern and just a basic shirt pattern and I know of a site that gives tutorials on how to make that collar thing on her uniform, I forget what it is but if I find it again I'll be sure to post it here. Inuyasha's costume may be more difficult though cuz it's like a one-piece bodysuit thingy, and I have no idea about Kaede's costume.

Since my friends are having an Inuyasha group, I might be Yura cuz she's my fave Inuyasha character (although I'd make the skirt a bit longer and the neckline a bit higher ^_^;;) but I'm still not sure

Eleryth
08-31-2004, 11:19 PM
To win with something more "simple" (looking) like that, I'd try to think of extras (props, etc) . Also, focus on making as accurate and as well sewn as possible. And document it! Make a binder for all three costumes (if you're making all three), and keep progress pics, reference images, and costume information in there (such as information about historical clothing, school uniforms, etc in Japan). Then you can prove that your work has gone above and beyond 'how simple it looks' (This is all assuming you go for workmanship). If you're entering a contest that requires a presentation, I'd work on that ahead of time as well. Prerecord if possible, and practice practice practice. And try to make it original (there's always people yelling "osuwari", so unless you can think of something *really* different with that, I'd say don't use it).

There's a great thread about Inuyasha in this forum; here it is (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=38938&highlight=detailed+inuyasha). Lots of great advice and research went into that thread. There's a thread for Kikyou here (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=33806&highlight=kagome), which could help for Kaede (since the outfits are very similar). You could always start one for Kagome, if you wanted to.

abellabella
09-01-2004, 12:47 AM
I also have some problems with wanting to cosplay a character, but their outfits are just simple and not so 'wow' (I'm not one to talk). I've cosplayed a few simple looking characters (like Kikyou), but it really takes a chunk of time to make. I'm no professional, so I can only do so much. The Kagome character looks simple, but I'm sure the people who cosplayed her had fun being in something simple. I'm sure it's nice to do a character that doesn't wear heavy armor or weird devices, it's all in the cosplayers opinion. In whichever costumes you make, good luck and of course try your best!

_Mandy_
09-01-2004, 02:10 AM
I made my sister a Kagome costume back in June. For the skirt we used a cheerleader pattern. Kagome's skirt is a knife pleat so it's fairly simple. Her skirt is at her waist (not hips) and is pretty short. Please, make it the right length...at the con we went to there were Kagome's with knee-length skirts and one girl who's butt was hanging out. Not pretty. My sister's covered everything up but she still wore shorts under it, which is always a good idea.

For the shirt, we bought a dress shirt pattern and just added the collar by tracing the neckline. For the stripe on it we used white trim that we just bought. It looks kinda messy though so I think we're going to redo it with fabric paint someday. Kagome's shirt has no buttons and the sleeves poof slightly. it only comes down to her waist as well, and barely covers the waist band on the skirt. Don't use a thick material for the scarf (which loops underneathe the collar and through the small green loop below it). We used thick fabric for my sister's and it made the collar go all weird.

You can buy loose Japanese socks on ebay. I bought some for my Aya costume and I wear them a lot, so it's not like it's a waste of money. cartoonpassion.com used to sell official InuYasha arrows, I'm not sure if they still do. There's plenty of sites that sell Shikon no Tama shards and necklaces as well. Kagome just wears brown, flat heeled loafers...and those are really easy to find at any store. Especially now, since it's back-to-school time.

Eleryth
09-01-2004, 03:37 AM
Oh. that reminds me. If you want to get really picky about the shirt details, here's what I know:
- most shirts like that zip up the left hand side
- there are hooks and eyes in the cuffs, because they are too tight to put on otherwise. This is also how they can roll up the shirtsleeves.
- fabric is usually a wool-polyester blend
- the little loop in the middle to hold the tie usually snaps on, if I remember correctly.
- stripe is sewn on by machine on each side of the stripe
-collar has two layers (its not just one piece)
- I think the scarves are polyester, but I can't be sure.
- Mandychan is right, uniform skirts sit at the waist. most girls roll them up. however, just hem yours shorter, to a length you are comfortable with. and wearing shorts is a great idea - even with long skirts, most girls wear shorts.

- though not official, bias tape can make good stripes. There's something else someone else used... called something like "sailors trim" or something.

InuPhoenix
09-01-2004, 11:19 AM
hee well im going to be kikyo for my next convention (has only shinidama chuu done) but ive already done inuyasha ((see cosplay site for details)) i also did sango lol and won thrid place in the contest, inuyasha is actually easier then alot of ppl say it is but pease dont make this one mistake for his costume, make your own bell sleeves, i kno that they might not be traditional but they do have the slits on top also , thats what we did and its looked great!

Gale
09-01-2004, 03:41 PM
thanks everyone! I'll check the other topic too. I should have probably checked farther than one page back for it ^^; oops...

anyway, I have a cheerleader skirt pattern from my Miaka Yuuki costume, and I did just recently make the observation that the skirt sits at the waist.

as far as props go, I plan to make a yellow backpack (both as a prop and an easy way to carry stuff at the con!) and I would like to have a bow&arrow to use (I miss my silly, suction-cup toy one from my school's production of robin hood...v_v lol) and actually I was hoping to be able to have a combination of realistic and suction-cup arrows (realistic for pictures and such, and suction cup to shoot _safly_ and tease my friends with). I was going to make a shikon no tama necklace by cutting off part of a pink bouncy ball, but 1) I can't find a good method of attaching it to a necklace and 2) when I finally was gunna do it, I couldn't bring myself to cut it up ^^; lol (I have a strangly strong afinity for bouncy balls...) I may just have to buy one online though...just not 2 weeks before the con like I did with my Yuna necklace >.< doesn't help much if your prop is a week late....

HisuiKirei
09-01-2004, 03:56 PM
I may just have to buy one online though...just not 2 weeks before the con like I did with my Yuna necklace >.<
now i see u want to be in a contest, doesnt "bought" props/items exclude u from participating?(this was in the rules for the AX masquerade, i figure it's similar in other contests)

kiwi
09-01-2004, 04:14 PM
now i see u want to be in a contest, doesnt "bought" props/items exclude u from participating?(this was in the rules for the AX masquerade, i figure it's similar in other contests)

All masquerades that I've heard of will allow bought props that are either not makable or constitute a smallish part of the overall costume. Therefore, you can be Kagome with a purchased bow in any masquerade, and you could even be an Inuyasha with a commissioned tetsusaiga in a lot of cosplays. (some would proably not allow this, though, best to check the rules). Masquerades don't require to make your own shoes, plushies, wigs, etc. The general rule is that you must have made all of your costume (the clothing part, sometimes excluding dress pants or shirts) and most of the side bits can be culled from other places.

HisuiKirei
09-01-2004, 04:23 PM
All masquerades that I've heard of will allow bought props that are either not makable or constitute a smallish part of the overall costume. Therefore, you can be Kagome with a purchased bow in any masquerade, and you could even be an Inuyasha with a commissioned tetsusaiga in a lot of cosplays. (some would proably not allow this, though, best to check the rules). Masquerades don't require to make your own shoes, plushies, wigs, etc. The general rule is that you must have made all of your costume (the clothing part, sometimes excluding dress pants or shirts) and most of the side bits can be culled from other places.

ok that makes sense. Thanx for clearing that with me ^^

Eleryth
09-01-2004, 06:52 PM
This thread has info about rose quartz, what some people used for their shikon no tama necklaces. http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=38069&highlight=rose+quartz If you're using a bouncy ball, you can probably use one of those small screws with the loop at the top. Just screw it in. If you're worried about it coming out, add a little super glue and screw it in.

Other than that her bow is for Kyuudo (Japanese archery), I don't remember that much else about Kagome, other than she rides a bicycle a lot. >.<

OT: Can't wait. IIRC, the last ep of IY airs Sept 6.

InuPhoenix
09-02-2004, 09:15 PM
hmmm bouncy ball? like a rubber one? well why dont you jsut find and awl (or a REALLY thick needle) and poke a hole through the topp of the ball, insert the chain or what ever your using and use a hot glue gun to keep in necklace part in?

Bahzi
09-02-2004, 10:35 PM
as far as props go, I plan to make a yellow backpack (both as a prop and an easy way to carry stuff at the con!) and I would like to have a bow&arrow to use (I miss my silly, suction-cup toy one from my school's production of robin hood...v_v lol) and actually I was hoping to be able to have a combination of realistic and suction-cup arrows (realistic for pictures and such, and suction cup to shoot _safly_ and tease my friends with).

Most cons won't allow you to shoot anything, regardless of whether it's a suction cup arrow or not. Some cons will not even allow you to have the string present on the bow or carry the arrows, either or to ensure nothing is fired. Even masquerades are going to be wary of anyone firing anything on the off chance it gets fired into the audience. Just be sure to read the weapons policy for whatever con you're going to, I've seen people get kicked out for firing suction cup darts. Some cons are more forgiving, but since they post the rules in the con packet, they don't usually take ignorance as an excuse. ^_^

aonceu
09-02-2004, 10:59 PM
I just wanted to add that it helps to use an actual pattern for Inuyashas sleeves. Just dont sew it together at the shoulders. Some people just cut the top of the sleeve pattern flat and the slit hangs down way too low. With the curve you can hem it at the right place and adjust how low the slit falls. Hope that helps a little.

Tess
09-04-2004, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I'd definitely do the bow/arrow prop for Kagome. All of the other characters have something to tote around [Inu-Yasha -- tesusaiga; Sango -- hiraikotsu, katana, kirara; Miroku -- staff; etc], and besides, props are fun. ^___^

@-->--- Tess

InuPhoenix
09-05-2004, 10:52 AM
lol yes they are...unles the hiraikotsu your carrying keeps hitting you friends in the head and it keeps baning on the stairs!!! ...cough:: i would check e-bay for a bow if you have trouble finising one (i know i will!!!) but thank god halloween is around the corner!!!

HisuiKirei
09-07-2004, 01:41 AM
ahh yes props
for my inutaisho cosplay i have 3 swords and my plan for next year with sounga, is making it glow red! ^^
as for the Takemaru cosplay im assisting with for my friend, His sounga is going to drip blood! just like in the movie!!!! so yeah prop=funness ^^

InuPhoenix
09-07-2004, 08:23 AM
drip blood? :: hears many ooooOOOOOOoooo's in the background:: i havent seen the movie yet but has read the summaries ::SNIFFLEZ!!!!!:: but thats awesome!!! drips blood and glows red 0_0 what cons r u going to next year? going to be kikyo at otakon and prolly animeNEXT (that one is int eh tri-state area right?!)

Mystic Blossom
09-07-2004, 10:05 AM
I just started work on my Miroku costume for Halloween. The staff's gonna be a bitch, I just know it.

Wind Archer
09-07-2004, 04:43 PM
I am currently working on a Kikyo costume in which I plan to go to a convention next year in my city, but in my opinion, I really do not think that there is really any character in Inuyasha that has a easy costume/accessories to make. I think each character has its challenges. But probably, Kagome's school fuku could be a relatively simple costume to start out with. All you really need to do is to find a pleated skirt, and then a fuku top. Perhaps you could purchase a fuku top online?

InuPhoenix
09-07-2004, 04:54 PM
hello again wind archer ^_^ lol yea but kagomes i heard is a lil difficult too 0_0 there really isnt a easy character 0_0 oh and mirokus staf ive seen alot of variations some that lok like a glazed donut 0_0 lol but it should be that hard, try doing it out fo foam and glaze it so it woont break!

HisuiKirei
09-07-2004, 05:16 PM
drip blood? :: hears many ooooOOOOOOoooo's in the background:: i havent seen the movie yet but has read the summaries ::SNIFFLEZ!!!!!:: but thats awesome!!! drips blood and glows red 0_0 what cons r u going to next year? going to be kikyo at otakon and prolly animeNEXT (that one is int eh tri-state area right?!)

if u lived here in South Cali, i'd invite u over to my place to watch the 3rd movie! or if u have a fast connection and aim i can send it to u ^^
Liam Talis(who's cosplaying Takemaru) came over monday and watched it with me. thats when we had the idea for the bleeding sounga ^^ we want it to puff out smoke too! ^^

HisuiKirei
09-07-2004, 05:20 PM
and then we wanna have a skit where takemaru chases after Izayoi with a spear, Inutaisho chase after Takemaru with sounga(or Tessaiga) and sesshoumaru(chibi version) chase after Inutaisho crying "GIVE ME THE SWORDS OF POWER PAPA!"

Aaron
09-07-2004, 11:24 PM
and then we wanna have a skit where takemaru chases after Izayoi with a spear, Inutaisho chase after Takemaru with sounga(or Tessaiga) and sesshoumaru(chibi version) chase after Inutaisho crying "GIVE ME THE SWORDS OF POWER PAPA!"

rotflmfao :rofl: !!!!!!!
btw could you pm me pics of inutaishows [mispelled i know] costum[as many as possible] and weopons [please] also please tell me taishows real name

Arin
09-08-2004, 02:29 AM
It's nice to see another cosplayer who pays attention to detail. At AX04, I was the only Kagome with bow and arrows(including hand made quiver), a shikon no tama necklace, and a yellow back pack. Chipping in a little extra money for props like these are worth it. They help prevent you from being labeled "another Japanese school girl"

inu-chan00
09-08-2004, 03:56 AM
It's nice to see another cosplayer who pays attention to detail. At AX04, I was the only Kagome with bow and arrows(including hand made quiver), a shikon no tama necklace, and a yellow back pack. Chipping in a little extra for props like these are worth it. They help prevent you from being labeled "another Japanese <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=school&v=56">school</a> girl"
ohhh i remember you^^ u made an awsome kagome cosplay ^^

inu-chan00
09-08-2004, 03:58 AM

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO!!!!! THIS IS SOMETHING I PLAN ON GETTING FRONY ROW SEATS TO SE XD!!! ::siiggh:: everyones seen the 3rd movie...i feel so left out ::sulks:: well anyway cant wait too see the skit!!

InuPhoenix
09-08-2004, 02:45 PM
ah inu-chan00 we are in the same boat ::sniffles::

thakies hisuikirei but i had to delete my AIM because it caused my comp. to have a trojan horse 0_0 lol but i love your skit idea!!!! i wish i could see it (lives on the other side of the nation in NJ ina lil' unknown town ::sniffles:: lol but if your going to otakon or AN'05 i may be there ^_~* and il be the only dead kikyo traveling with a miroku and a 'live' kikkyo witha sign that says 'before around her neck while i shall have 'after' aroung mine. lol but yesh i would also like to see your inu-papa costume too.

and its not official but i think inu-papa's name might just be InuTaisho but its not official

Bahzi
09-08-2004, 03:39 PM
"InuTaisho" is literally 'lord of dogs'...he was also referred to as Inu No Taisho, 'lord of the dogs'. It's more likely that "Inutaisho" is a rank and not a name. I beleive in the manga Sesshoumaru was referred to as 'inu no taisho' once or twice as well.

Arin
09-08-2004, 04:21 PM
ohhh i remember you^^ u made an awsome kagome cosplay ^^
Thanks! I still need to hem the skirt up a bit..... (it almost reaches my knees) But thanks! It went pretty well, considering it was my first....

Hikaruchan
09-08-2004, 05:36 PM
"InuTaisho" is literally 'lord of dogs'...he was also referred to as Inu No Taisho, 'lord of the dogs'. It's more likely that "Inutaisho" is a rank and not a name. I beleive in the manga Sesshoumaru was referred to as 'inu no taisho' once or twice as well.

InuTaisho never got an official name. When I was researching when making my InuTaisho costume, found out his name was originally listed as Touga - but that never got to official status as all the production notes called him Inu-Papa and the cast never calls him by anything but his title.

Bahzi
09-08-2004, 06:41 PM
Yeah, I seem top recall a lot of people referring to him as Toga (why is animal house coming to mind?) in fanfictions/fan shrines. I doubt they'll ever clear that up as the show is set to end soon. The manga continues though but even it seems to be coming to a close. Very sad. They have announced the fourth movie though so I'm sure Inuyasha will continue through other incarnations which is good.

InuPhoenix
09-08-2004, 07:15 PM
yep next wek actually for the TV seires but no worries for america there prolly showing it here for another 3 year ^___^ lol but yea ::sniffles:: the second to latest chapter in the manga was soooooo sad ((not giving away spoilers unless ppl want them))

Bahzi
09-08-2004, 07:48 PM
I saw on ear-tweak.com actually, is that your site? It rocks hard!

HisuiKirei
09-08-2004, 08:25 PM
his title fits him! i mean hello! inuyasha fits himself so why not have inu-papa as Inutaisho? i do remember hearing myoga, totosai and Saya calling him "otaisho-sama" or something like that ^^; i donno i might be hearing it wrong

HisuiKirei
09-08-2004, 08:30 PM
In the episode where sessh has to fight against the cat demons he was refered to as "inu no daioh" meaning prince of dogs soooo maybe thats where u got that reference! *shrugg*

Lazarus
09-09-2004, 12:46 PM
Well, for Inuyasha, if you wanna show that you went all out, get a good wig, do the ears, GET CONTACTS THAT HAVE CAT EYES, do the nails, and have all of his other props and clothes.

InuPhoenix
09-09-2004, 01:28 PM
heh heh ^_^* no i dont own ear-tweak it belongs to the lovely webmistress kuro! hee hee but. prolly but InuTaisho sounds good so maybe tkahashi jsut let her fans name him ::shrugs::

HisuiKirei
09-09-2004, 03:09 PM
Well, for Inuyasha, if you wanna show that you went all out, get a good wig, do the ears, GET CONTACTS THAT HAVE CAT EYES, do the nails, and have all of his other props and clothes.
problem with cat-eye contacts is it distorts ur vison. even contacts in general can scratch ur lenses and affect ur vision, that's why it's advised to not use contacts unless u NEED them. using them for a cosplay(probibly going to be out in costume for 5+ hours) isnt good if u have cat-eye contacts. but yellow contacts(which arent so slitted) probibly wouldnt do much. im just saying this as precaution.
If you use contacts, keep your eyes moist!
take some Visine with you. and DO NOT FALL ASLEEP WITH THEM ON! you will not be able to see when u wake up!!!(it happened to my boyfriend)
so just warning people who want to use contacts, this is why i didnt use them, i have perfect vision and dont wanna mess with my eyes!

Bahzi
09-09-2004, 11:51 PM
Don't waste money on the cat-eye contacts, they spin. They end up looking like this \ / plus they're like neon yellow and Inu's are golden. I'd recommend the wolf eye ones. Hisui's right, these kind of cosmetic lenses generally only come in one diameter and base curve, meaning they can be extremely uncomfortable and even do damage to your eye. All in all they probably aren't worth it. I'm having custom lenses made by 9mmfx, but they cost over $200, but to me it's worth it to have accuracy and comfort.

R1KKu
09-10-2004, 03:06 AM
Don't waste money on the cat-eye contacts, they spin. They end up looking like this \ / plus they're like neon yellow and Inu's are golden. I'd recommend the wolf eye ones. Hisui's right, these kind of cosmetic lenses generally only come in one diameter and base curve, meaning they can be extremely uncomfortable and even do damage to your eye. All in all they probably aren't worth it. I'm having custom lenses made by 9mmfx, but they cost over $200, but to me it's worth it to have accuracy and comfort.

I've heard about cat eyes that are balanced, I guess its called prism balancing, which prevents the spinning. The wolf contacts look more accurate to the design, but the highest power they have is like 4.0 or 4.5. (sucks to be me, having 5.25 and 6.25) The 9mmfx contacts are awesome (I have a pair, see avatar =) but they spin, which makes them look all funny. You might want to ask if they have the balanced contacts before ordering them. ( I wish I could afford another pair, Sesshy just aint Sesshy without those purdy eyes.) =*(

Bahzi
09-10-2004, 03:28 AM
They can prism balace them, and do with anything that has a slit. They have plain cat-eye contacts that are prism balanced, but for that price you might as well just get the custom paint job to ge those golden tones he has. I feel you on the prescription problem, mine's -6.50. Accuracy is so expensive!

InuPhoenix
09-10-2004, 07:57 PM
hmm yea i never will wear contacts they look uncomfortable!! lol but im prolly never going to inuyasha since i technically already sis him, id rather do mirdoriko ro akagura which focus more on the outfit and not the eyes (cept for kagura)

HisuiKirei
09-11-2004, 09:29 AM
i want to make my inutaisho almost perfect(not including eyes)
so everything on the costume must be done so well u dont need to care about the eyes, and i can photo edit later to make the eyes look cool XD

InuPhoenix
09-11-2004, 10:08 AM
yesh! i wanna see a pic of you InuTaisho, one year i want to do izaoi (the one from the episodes not her birthing outfit) i might just fake the other collars though lol

_Mandy_
09-11-2004, 01:32 PM
If you want cat-eye contacts 9mmsfx sells them I think. They're a bit pricey but they're good quality and won't screw up your eyes. Except...the thing is, InuYasha doesn't have cat-eyes. His eyes are just yellow, so you'd probably be better off getting yellow contacts, not cat-eye contacts. Plain yellow would probably be cheaper too.

Wind Archer
09-11-2004, 01:32 PM
I'm planning to make a Sango costume, after I'm done cosplaying with my Kikyo costume. ^^ It's going to be the commoner outfit, because I know that I would just look horrible in the youkai exterminator one, I don't have the figure. >.<

Bahzi
09-11-2004, 04:03 PM
Actually, Inu and sessy do have cat/reptilian eyes, all Takahashi demons do. They aren't however, just yellow, the have black on the sides and dark gold mixed in too. It's a gradient really. I'm working on a design for Inu/sesshy contacts for 9mmfx from these pics

Sesshy and Inu (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/animeisha/ses_and_inu_01.jpg) and muted color and smaller slit (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/animeisha/sesseye.bmp)

InuPhoenix
09-11-2004, 08:59 PM
WIND ARCHER I DID HER OUTFIT!!!! lol sry ^_^* im just getting kikyo bow tommorrow so yay!! but yes it is tru i did my sango costume (details in sig) and my pics are posted on my site if you want to take a look prob though, my pics are HORRIBLE!!! >_< but take a look anyway lol im willing to help!!! :bigtu:

Wind Archer
09-11-2004, 10:38 PM
Lol, I love your costume InuPhoenix, it's really nice! The blue kercheif around her neck with her boomerang, and the Kirara plushie add a really nice touch. ^^

InuPhoenix
09-12-2004, 10:31 AM
thanks ::blush:: lol yes that a big thing and ppl get wrong, the blue tie is acctually a pack that she wears it not a kercheif or anything, jsut get a yard of blue fabric ::medium bue:: and paint random circles all over it and roll each corner hlaf-wayy in and tie it around your shoulders lol if that made sense ^_^*but PM me if you have any questions and such im will to help ^___^ !

Kumi-chan
09-13-2004, 04:50 PM
Glad I found this thread, I'm new to the forums and I really need some help! My boyfriend and I are cosplaying Miroku and Sango (exterminator outfit) at a convention in April (also several other costumes apiece, which is why I'm worrying about this so far ahead of time). There are several pieces I'm confused/need help on.

Miroku's staff is giving me headaches. I want to make it as close to the anime as possible, but there's a lot of semi-intricate carving involved. I don't want to do just another round ring on a stick. There's supposed to be carving on the part of the staff that runs through the middle of the main ring, as well as on the large ring itself (it's got those pointy bits on either side of the ring.) I'm not sure if I should carve it out of wood, or use some other material. (Neither of us has any carving experience.)

The ring he wears on the middle finger of his cursed hand is also bugging me. It's a wide gold band with a curving zig-zag pattern, and it connects his wrist wrap to his hand. How would I make that? (I don't want to resort to something like Fimo dough, because I'm pretty sure that would look bad, and it probably wouldn't hold up very well.) Should I try to special-order it? If so, where would I go?

Sango's armor and hiraikotsu are also nagging at me, more the armor and her poison-shielding mask than hiraikotsu (I have some ideas on that, at least.) I want to make the armor out of something hard, but I'm not sure what. How do you make something curved/bowl-shaped like that? And how do you make something more intricate like her mask? Any suggestions would be most appreciated. (Sorry for the long post, I'm just very confused right now.)

InuPhoenix
09-13-2004, 05:52 PM
never be scared of long posts

oki im making my friends demonslayer costume if she ever gets aroudn to buying the body suit and party sity!!! lol

the armor, you dont exactly want it hard, esspecially if she wants to sit down at teh con ^_~ have your tried super stiff felt sheets? als for the stomache area, id say get a 1/2 yard of the color (wine i think) cut out the shape then get teh supper stiff inter facing, apply it then use silver (?) fabric glue to decorate the edges, for the shoulders try getting actaul shoulder gurard or knees guards and cover it with the same fabric that yuo used for the middle part, for the shing gurads, again buy some them cover them with fabric, for the mask, unfortuantely your going to have to use clay (dont use the crayola stuff, try to find a soft cement clay or sumthing like that) for the staff, try carving it out of foam insulator that you use for a basement (for the round part of the staff not hte stick) and hot flue it or wood glue it onto the wood, for the ring...un fortuantely you might have to use clay but not the crayola stuff, use the same stuff you use for sango's mask.

::takes a deep breath:: thats it in a nutshell lol

Wind Archer
09-13-2004, 09:46 PM
thanks ::blush:: lol yes that a big thing and ppl get wrong, the blue tie is acctually a pack that she wears it not a kercheif or anything, jsut get a yard of blue fabric ::medium bue:: and paint random circles all over it and roll each corner hlaf-wayy in and tie it around your shoulders lol if that made sense ^_^*but PM me if you have any questions and such im will to help ^___^ !

Thanks for the tip, and the offer, that's so kind of you to say so. ^_^

As for Miroku's staff, it is kind of complicated, and I've seen many different versions of it. So I guess it wouldn't matter that much if it doesn't look exactly like his'. It looks to me like a gold circle, with intricate designs of two crescent shaped things on a line to me.

Storm Akima
09-14-2004, 01:43 AM
My brother went to Otakon 03 and 04 as Miroku and he made a pretty decent staff. I can ask him what he used for materials. I know he got a lantern thingy with a metal black pole attached to it (he broke off the lantern). Then he basically got the rest from Walmart... a towel ring, some moon shapes, big wooden beads, and a dowel that went through the middle of the towel ring and the wooden beads (sorry if my spelling/thinking is horrible today LOL, I had a long day in class). After some drilling and sanding, he used some gold metallic paint on the top and then ta da'! It took him a while, but it was worth the pain :waaaah: . You can actually see his staff in a few of our group photos. Don't know if that's much help, but I wish you luck!

Kumi-chan
09-14-2004, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the help, guys. Yeah, I know it's kind of picky of me, but I really want to do a "true" Miroku staff, or as close as I can get. I'm very details oriented, and it would really bug me if I didn't at least attempt it. Also, this is my boyfriend's first time cosplaying, so I want to make him a really nice costume. I actually bought the fabric for his in February, thinking I was going to make him a Miroku costume at Sakura Con earlier this year, but I put off making my costume too late and never got around to his. (Another reason why I'm getting started now; otherwise, it would get put off until the last two weeks of March!) He really wants a costume this time, especially one that relates to mine.

I'm still curious about the ring (one worn on his hand). Even just a broad, flat gold band would work, the zig-zag carving isn't entirely necessary. (Though it would be a really cool touch!) But where do I get something like that? I'm planning on attaching the wrist wrap to a thin strip of fabric or loop of string that will go around his finger, then putting the ring over it, so I wouldn't have to mess with trying to attach all that cloth to metal (and how would I do that anyway?). He's a fairly big guy, about 6'5", 6'6" and has what I like to call "the farmer boy build" (not heavy, just BIG), so he'd need a large sized ring.

Kumi-chan
09-14-2004, 10:59 AM
Just took a look at your photos, Storm Akima. Wow. Your brother's staff rules! How did he get the crescent-shaped beads for the center of the ring? Those are what I've had the most trouble locating so far, 3-D crescent shapes that are big enough. (Also, nice group pics. Great costumes!) Any chance he'd be willing to contact me?

Also, really nice Sango costume, InuPhoenix. I love the fact that you went to the trouble of making her gloves. Sango's yukata was my costume at Sakura Con earlier this year, and I think the glove...things (what are they called?!)...were my favorite part of the costume. I ended up doing both the long black gloves themselves and the white hand wraps she wears under them, and while they made eating kind of a pain, I really liked them. (It made up for the fact that I didn't have time to hem my yukata properly.) I'll have to get my boyfriend to put some pictures up, since I'm computer-stoopid. (See the typing I'm doing here? Yeah, that's what I can do.)

Storm Akima
09-14-2004, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the complement! I can't speak to my brother today... I have class shortly and on through late tonight... but I will let him know. On the other hand, I believe Tom bought the wooden moon crecents at Walmart's craft section... that or Crafts Basket (or any other crafts store). The crecents actually aren't 3D.. they're flat.. but Tom used two for the front and back side of the shape, gluing them to the dowel... so from afar, they look like 3D cresents.... also a solution to the flat dimensions... is fill in the middle (once they're glued to the dowel) with wood filler then sand it smooth. That will work fine :) Good luck!

InuPhoenix
09-14-2004, 01:36 PM
thank-you kumi chan and no prob wind archer! lol wow walmart has everything ne?

Mystic Blossom
09-15-2004, 07:35 PM
Everyone looks so lovely! I can't wait to wear my Miroku costume to school. My sash is so pretty and actually accurate. Only problem is, I'll need help getting it on ^^;;

HisuiKirei
09-16-2004, 03:56 AM
im bored ^^; i just feel like posting in this thread...hm news for me? ive been watching Saiyuki, found out that i have the opening for Pretear and the second season ending for saiyuki...and i never knew where they were from till today o_O; anyway while watching saiyuki i was adjusting my armor(actually sewing on it) and i messed up! ;__; aparently i shoudl have sewn the silver cloth first...then i wouldnt be having such trouble... but *sigh* i have half black on and half silver on... ok so what i think on doing for the silver i couldnt put on b4 is just fold it over like i did with the black... and then sew it in, then stuff it! ^^; the flat peice is actually quite small, so i need to enlarge it by maybe 6 inches... so that shoulndt be too hard... but anyway... after watching saiyuki, im crawling with cosplay ideas
^^ i like hakkai, and kourin(the demon chick in the gorge town, uhm ep 15?), and lirin, and kougaji, and uhm...Yoine(i dont think thats spelled right but its another of the rival group) ^^; although it would require alot of cleavage showing. ^^;
aha- AHAHAhahaha....ha?(<~ a Chidori Kaname(FMP) fake laugh) ^^;
i also am gonna make fluffy ears for inuchan's Youko cosplay( i offered for inuyasha but she got some already ^^; ) i have been studying my sister's roomate's dog's ears, they are very fluffy and soft and I LOVE TWEAKING THEM! so i thought if inuyahsa had ears as elaboratly made so they actually looked like real dog ears, that inuyasha would be soooo kickass!.....but anyway -_-; sorry for the rant!
^^;
jaa nee

InuPhoenix
09-16-2004, 10:28 AM
lol!!! yes that would be cool ::has cat ears to tweak but close enough:: lol

yugifan818
09-17-2004, 08:37 PM
hello, i wanted to know if anyone has tips or pattern on how to make inuyashas kimono and his necklace, cus i count that there r five beads then the fang thingy, so i wanted to know if i'm right about it

Kumi-chan
09-18-2004, 06:23 PM
I found the perfect thing for (some) of my Sango armor! They just opened up a Jo-Ann's superstore very close to where I live, so of course I had to stop by. I was able to get about five yards of black moleskin (a suede-like fabric, nice and soft and just the tiniest bit stretchy) for the battlesuit itself, for two bucks a yard, which makes me VERY happy. Usually it's seven to ten bucks a yard, but this was on the clearance aisle. Score! Exactly what I wanted, for way cheap. Anyway, right near the cutting table, they had a basket full of shoulder pads that you can put in a jacket or something. They're the perfect shape for Sango's shoulder guards! Maybe I can't get hard armor for everything, but these will look awesome when they're covered with the right fabric!

Oh, and you're right about Inuyasha's necklace, yugifan818. Five round beads between the fang-shaped ones. (What's the proper color, though? I think it's like a really dark bluey-purple color, almost black, but I can't remember. Shoot, now that's gonna bug me.)

I just got a Sesshomaru plushie! He's sooooo cool looking, with the armor and the two swords and the fluffy and everything! I'm bringing him with me to Sakura Con, even if he doesn't exactly belong with my character. He's a little bigger than the rest of my Inuyasha plushies, but since he's tall anyway, it kind of fits. He towers over my Inuyasha!

yugifan818
09-18-2004, 07:40 PM
i think the color fo rit is dark navy blue cus it turns black in the night sceen there black , and darknavy blue looks like that in the night, but i'll try with different colors to get the best resolts for it , cus i must have it to the shade, i'm freaky like that ^_^

R1KKu
09-19-2004, 12:42 AM
hello, i wanted to know if anyone has tips or pattern on how to make inuyashas kimono and his necklace, cus i count that there r five beads then the fang thingy, so i wanted to know if i'm right about it

For pattern info and such, you might want to check out This (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=42803) thread. Lots of stuff on Inuyasha costumes. For his necklace, its somewhat hard to determine when color the beads actually are. In the anime, they appear as a navy blue, Ive seen some pictures where they are purple and also a mix of the purple and blue. I guess its really your preference, and whatever color of beads you can find.

Kumi-chan, may I ask where you got your Sesshy plushie from? I cant find any =( oh well.....

*steals Kumi's Fluffy plushie*

Eleryth
09-19-2004, 09:36 AM
Why not go with indigo for the beads? As far as I can tell, it's a deep blue-purple (usually more purpleish).

I've seen beads in purple in the Animate, on official merch. It was relatively bright, though. I think a darker color would be better.

InuPhoenix
09-19-2004, 12:54 PM
maybe... when my friend was IY we jsut used black beads but ::shrugs:: also YAAAAY!!!! i got a tainted shikon jewel off of e-bay for my kikyo costume ^____^

Kumi-chan
09-20-2004, 08:53 PM
Give him back! Grrr. *steals back Sesshy and huggles him* Nobody steals Kumi's plushies! If you're nice, I'll let you play with Shippo-chan. His tail is so nice and furry!

I got my Sesshomaru (or rather, my boyfriend got it) from a really cool anime store in Renton, Washington, called Sweet Kitty. Half the store is devoted to Hello Kitty stuff, but the other half is anime plushies, posters, figurines, etc. I buy all my posters there. I'm hoping they'll come out with a Kouga plushie sometime soon, I really want him!

Oh, sorry. Getting off topic again. Indigo sounds perfect for the beads. What I would do is get plain wooden beads and paint them. It's what I did when I was having trouble finding the right shade of round beads for Sebastian's Miroku rosary. I bought several packs of wooden beads from my local craft/fabric store (they usually have an aisle with small wooden items, near the dollhouse crafts in most cases), and two shades of ceramic paint to mix together. Then, I put the beads on a piece of stiff floral wire over a xerox box lid (to catch the drips), and painted them. You might also want to consider using nail polish to paint the beads, since it'll make them nice and shiny, or use clear nail polish over your chosen paint color. Make sure they're completely dry before you remove them from the wire, though, or you might leave fingerprints (which will lessen the shine). Use thin coats if you're using nail polish, if you make them too thick (or use old nail polish), it will never dry completely and you'll leave fingerprints no matter what. Just leave them overnight, or use a hairdryer. They might stick to the wire a little at first, so try removing them over a blanket or something that'll catch them. Otherwise, you might have to chase your new beads all over the floor.

I'm planning on using this strategy to make the big red bead that hangs on hiraikotsu, using bright red nail polish. The Miroku rosary I made turned out pretty well, and I was able to match the color pretty perfectly. It just took awhile to paint the number of beads I needed. (And I got paint all over my fingers. Keep the rest of your costume far away from you while you're working on the beads!)

InuPhoenix
09-21-2004, 04:25 PM
yea that works lol we really just got a cave man claw necklace and re did it ^_^*

R1KKu
09-21-2004, 09:35 PM
Hehe, I like your new sig, InuPhoenix.
*wants a pretty sig*

Lucky you Kumi, everyone on the west coast gets all the good stuff first, its not fair. =( I could always order the large Sesshy plushie online. I also saw a gigantic Inu plushie at a store near me *tempted*

Dumb question about Inu's outfit, and I'm sure it's what I think it is, but I never really noticed it until recently; the black lace thingy that wraps around his chest,from right shoulder to left waist, I take it that holds up his sheath?

*nearing completion of her Sesshy costume ^.^*

Storm Akima
09-21-2004, 10:49 PM
Yay! I'm actually making progress on my Sesshoumaru costume! It's not much so far (there's still so much I need to do to it, LOL)... but it's something! Check it out at my gallery if you would like, I could always do with some pointers! Don't worry, I know about fur and detail on the face... just didn't get there yet O.o . Anyway, had to shout out the news. Good luck on your costumes! :rockon:

Kumi-chan
09-22-2004, 01:39 AM
Actually, R1KKu, I've wondered about that myself, and I've started watching Inuyasha really closely trying to figure it out. Now, while it's possible that it helps hold his sheath in place, I actually think it's used to keep the front flap of his robe closed, you know, that square piece that goes across the front of his robe. The reason is, if you watch the episodes with the sage and the human-faced fruit, (one of his "human Inuyasha" episodes, I believe it's somewhere in the late 50s, early 60s), Kagome wears his robe because her clothes are taken away. (She looks really cute in it, by the way! I love the way she ties it up!) She also wears the black string, and since she's not wearing the sword, it makes sense that it's there to hold the flap closed. Also, how else does he hold it closed? I know it's anime, so gravity doesn't necessarily apply, but I think it's a good guess. I'll have to check the first couple of episodes again, before he gets tetsusaiga. I think he just slides the sheath through his belt (whatever you call the ties on hakama) on his side, since it is tucked into there.

I really need to get an avatar.

EDIT: Okay, got my avatar. Need to talk to boyfriend about using an actual picture, he's got everything from the last conventions on his computer.

R1KKu
09-22-2004, 01:02 PM
Hmm, makes sense there, Kumi, I dont recall the artbook showing that string; weird. I know that Sage episode is playing on AS, first one was last nite, Ill have to take a closer look. I know that his sheath has two red stripes of something, and they dont look like part of his belt either. So much little detail, grr.

Jen-neko
09-22-2004, 01:39 PM
Wee, Inu Yasha thread =^^= *jumps in and gets involved*

I've toyed with the idea of a Sango costume (traveling, not warrior, even though I know justabout every Sango costume out there is Sango in traveling clothes :P I still like it, darnit...=>.>=). I was also thinking about doing Kagome because, well, my friend Bevin says I remind her of Kagome so I thought I'd humor her :P But yea, since Kagome's outfit is relatively easier than Sango's, I thought I'd do Kagome for the con I wanna go to in March (YES! Not until March :3 I'm happy 'cause that gives me time to be a perfectionist :D)

Anyway, if anybody has any suggestions as to how I can make a great Kagome (like tips you're willing to share, etc. :3), then please let me know! =^_^=

InuPhoenix
09-22-2004, 02:00 PM
actually turns out imnow going to help a friend make a kagome costume, the skirt is easy as heck, pleated skirt, just get a cheerleading skirt pattern simple as that lol

though i was sango (traveling ^_^****) and if you do decide to do her too im will to help (took me three months and it was worth the pricks

Kumi-chan
09-22-2004, 04:20 PM
I made a Kagome outfit for my friend. I used a pleated skirt pattern I got out of a packet of businesswoman-style skirts and shortened it. (The cheerleader idea didn't occur to me at the time.) For the top, I got a shirt in her size with a similar outline--not the same neckline, though--cut it apart at the seams, and made a dummy patttern out of a bolt of white felt I have (also found at a thrift store, I use it for everything.)

The sailor-style collar was more difficult, since I had no idea how to make it. I ended up making about six different dummy patterns out of white felt (different angles for the front, lengths for the back, neckline to match the shirt's neckline) before I found one that worked. The white trim was satin ribbon attached to the collar and cuffs with iron-on hem tape. The rest of the costume was cotton, though.

I made the sleeves "bag" at the ends by making the sleeves wider and longer than needed, then running a "drawstring" style stitch around the wrists. I pulled the drawstrings until she could (just) get her hand through, then put the cuffs on over the drawstrings.

The shirt was a little shorter at the waist than I expected, and I made a mistake with the red scarf (it only tucks into the holder at the front, not all the way around and under the collar), but all in all it looks pretty good for my first time sewing an anime costume. We also found the perfect pair of brown suede loafers, white knee-high socks, and believe it or not, red bow and fake arrows (score!), all in one trip at Value Village. I still need to get a photo of her wearing this, but I don't attend the same school anymore, and it's hard to get into contact.

Jen-neko
09-22-2004, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the tips, guys =^^= I appreciate it.

InuPhoenix -- I saw your Sango, it looks really cute! :3 I love the Kilala plushie =^^= Oh, and your boomerang is great, too! You'll hafta post pics of your friend's Kagome when you're done with it :D

InuPhoenix
09-23-2004, 03:14 PM
hee hee all of my pics are going to be on my site thoguh some odd reason cosplay doesnt accept my photo's or there too big or sumthing ^_^*

yugifan818
09-24-2004, 05:50 PM
hey i have noticed that the little string in the front of inuyashas clothes doesn't really hold anythigng but that doesn't make sense, cus not even the flap is a flap i don't get how that is supposed to look, and i think i just confussed myself and some of u i think @_@

Kumi-chan
09-24-2004, 07:07 PM
It doesn't really matter, I suppose. As long as you have the string there for effect, people probably won't care whether it actually DOES anything. You can hold the front...thing (I still prefer to call it a flap, but whatever) closed with velcro on the inside, and as long as you have both it and the string, your costume should look good. That's what a costume's all about, anyway, right? Looking good, and preferrably not falling to pieces in the couple of days you wear it.

Not that a costume shouldn't be functional, but on those odd little details, it's the overall look that's important.

BTW, I now have photos up! Not too many of my Sango costume, but there are a couple. I'll have more once I finish making it over.

InuPhoenix
09-24-2004, 07:52 PM
hee hee its looks great!!!

Kumi-chan
09-24-2004, 08:39 PM
Still needs a collar, though. (And the dark color around the bottom).

yugifan818
09-24-2004, 10:13 PM
heh it does look good, and i like ur marin one too ( did i spell that right? ) it looks very good one of the best i've seen so far, for both the sango and marin

InuPhoenix
09-25-2004, 04:44 PM
yea be careful about the bottom though its like a hill-effect

Hikaruchan
09-25-2004, 04:58 PM
Everyone looks so lovely! I can't wait to wear my Miroku costume to school. My sash is so pretty and actually accurate. Only problem is, I'll need help getting it on ^^;;

I know how that goes. I always need help getting Inu-Papa on - so I cann't wear it to some cons when I travel by myself.

InuPhoenix
09-25-2004, 10:44 PM
oo ::sniff sniff:: i hope to c u sometime though, goin' to otakon next year?

Jen-neko
09-26-2004, 09:35 PM
Recently I had an idea to do Kagome in a kimono. At the Wal-Mart where I work--I work in fabrics/crafts now, how cool is that?--they have some material that would make a really cute kimono =^^= I thought "Kagome" since I wanna do her anyway, and there are plenty of pics of her in kimonos out there :3

I thought that so people would recognise me (and not just think "hey, it's some girl in a kimono"), I would make a little fan with a picture of Inu-Yasha on it :P

Bahzi
09-26-2004, 09:46 PM
Aww! I never see Kagome in a kimono! You could also wear either the shikon jewel or shikon shards too to be more recognizable.

Jen-neko
09-26-2004, 11:01 PM
I took the liberty of attaching a pic of Kagome in a kimono ('cause that one's similar to the fabric of the one I wanna make :3). It's a group shot, but it's so cute =^^=

Shikon jewel....never woulda thought of that! Dunno how I'd go about making it, though....

Anyway, I thought the kimono would be nice for con dances :3 You know, wear school fuku Kagome during the day, and kimono Kagome at night =^_^= Just a thought, anyway.

EDIT: forgot to upload pic :P It's there now, though =^^=

Bahzi
09-26-2004, 11:08 PM
I would just buy one off ebay...I wouldn't want to try to drill a hole in a rose quartz either...I'm sure I'd break it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39557&item=5923539843&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW there's the shards in a bottle, fairly cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39557&item=5923624454&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW jewel and shards in a bottle, also not bad price-wise.

I seem to remember an episode of pokemon where they were all in kimonos for a party, do that seems fitting! ^^

InuPhoenix
09-27-2004, 02:08 PM
0_0 really? ....

Kumi-chan
09-27-2004, 02:17 PM
heh it does look good, and i like ur marin one too ( did i spell that right? ) it looks very good one of the best i've seen so far, for both the sango and marin

Thanks! The Merle dress is pretty short, though. Next time I'm wearing a body stocking underneath. I can attach the stripes she has on her upper legs to it, and hopefully it'll make me look tanner.

Hikaruchan
09-27-2004, 08:02 PM
oo ::sniff sniff:: i hope to c u sometime though, goin' to otakon next year?

More than likely, but the main question would be is my sister or someone from my anime club coming to help strap me into Inu-Papa. Without some helping hands, may not be able to wear it.

InuPhoenix
09-28-2004, 03:52 PM
YAY I HAVE A CHANCE TO SEE IT! lol but seriously ive heard of intaisho's but ive never seen one up close, surprisingly izayoi and ayame fall into that cateagory as well 0_0

InuPhoenix
09-29-2004, 02:05 PM
::whistles to self::

R1KKu
09-29-2004, 03:30 PM
More than likely, but the main question would be is my sister or someone from my anime club coming to help strap me into Inu-Papa. Without some helping hands, may not be able to wear it.

I would love to go to Ota just to see your costume. I would feel so not worthy.

*I have a progress pic of Fluffy in my gallery, just a piece of the armor and the almost done sash, Im so excited*

WEE!!!

InuPhoenix
09-29-2004, 04:48 PM
Hee Hee!!!!

yugifan818
09-29-2004, 05:06 PM
wow that looks really good (appluase, and cheers)

Hikaruchan
09-29-2004, 11:44 PM
I would love to go to Ota just to see your costume. I would feel so not worthy.

*I have a progress pic of Fluffy in my gallery, just a piece of the armor and the almost done sash, Im so excited*

Actually I would love to see your Fluffy - I think your armor piece looks so much better than mine (but mine might be more comfortable). If your outfit keeps to the same quality as progress pic you are going to be a great Sesshoumaru.

Who knows, if my sister goes she may be Izayoi so we can have a big family photo. I just bought material for her outer robe, will be a darker pink than canon but I fell in love with the material.

ParadoxNitemare
09-29-2004, 11:53 PM
Can anyone help me with a Miroku costume?

yugifan818
09-30-2004, 12:02 AM
hmm.... i have an idea on how to make the staff but i'm not sure if it will work , so i won't saying anything until i try it out for myself

ParadoxNitemare
09-30-2004, 12:04 AM
hmm.... i have an idea on how to make the staff but i'm not sure if it will work , so i won't saying anything until i try it out for myself
I can always buy the darn Staff! :bigtu:

yugifan818
09-30-2004, 12:08 AM
well thats true but it might cost u more then if u made it urself, but hey it's up to u

R1KKu
09-30-2004, 12:08 AM
Actually I would love to see your Fluffy - I think your armor piece looks so much better than mine (but mine might be more comfortable). If your outfit keeps to the same quality as progress pic you are going to be a great Sesshoumaru.

Who knows, if my sister goes she may be Izayoi so we can have a big family photo. I just bought material for her outer robe, will be a darker pink than canon but I fell in love with the material.

Aww thankies, and everyone else for the comments. Im just about finished with those lower armor pieces. Im worried about the chest and back pieces not fitting right, but we'll see. Your armor looks kinda dangerous, lol. Is that sheet metal? Mine is made out of this plastic that you can bend with a bit of heat, and its really easy to cut. I also have a layer of foamies on the back for padding (and in case anyone decides to glomp me, I wont be in terrible pain from it) I know Ill have a great time trying to sit down in a normal chair though.

Im not too fond of my sash, because the bow is way too big! I know Ill end up remaking it someday. I hope I dont fall behind too much, con is less than a month away.

I would love to see progress of your Izayoi, she has such a wonderful outfit, I did consider it myself, but that will have to wait.

Ill try to get some more in prog pix up soon.

ParadoxNitemare
09-30-2004, 12:11 AM
well thats true but it might cost u more then if u made it urself, but hey it's up to u
But it would look better than if I made it :reverse:

Hikaruchan
09-30-2004, 12:54 AM
Your armor looks kinda dangerous, lol. Is that sheet metal?

Yes, the top part is sheet metal except the spikes because I couldn't get the spikes to hold the curl (though I tried several times). The lower arm gauntlets are also metal, covered in vinyl. I am fairly pleased with those parts, I would like to redo part of the black parts of the armor - but know probably won't happen as got too many other costumes waiting on my time.

I am hoping to start on Izayoi outer robe soon - I just hope I have enough material (I got all the store had of it but thinking with her sleeves I may need more - will have to check the sister store if so and pray they have more).

IamInuyasha
09-30-2004, 07:33 PM
I NEED HELP FINDING A INUYASHA WIG i made the costume and got the ears now all i need is the wig and the sword so if you know where i can get any or that please help

Bahzi
09-30-2004, 08:14 PM
It depends which sword you're talking about. The untransformed tessaiga is much easier to find, I believe Nezumi still has one left. As for the transformed tessaiga (the 5 foot long one) you either have to make it or commission someone to make it. This is such a huge sword that I can't imagine any prop maker willing to make one for less than $150-$200. Melchior wrote a tutorial on how to make one though it does require fiberglass use and a lot of effort though. http://www.lc3anime.com/misc/melchior/tessaigav2/tessaiga.htm

As for the wig I occasionally see some on ebay, though the quality and styling usually leaves much to be desired.

R1KKu
09-30-2004, 09:52 PM
I NEED HELP FINDING A INUYASHA WIG i made the costume and got the ears now all i need is the wig and the sword so if you know where i can get any or that please help

For the wig, you might want to check This (http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_enchantment.html) one out. Its a really long wig, and soft too. I bought 2 of them in the Lily color, one for Inu and one for Sesshy, although the Sesshy one needs some blue tint. They are somewhat thin in the back though, depending on which way you have the wig fibers lay, you might be able to see the netting inside. You can always fill it in with extensions. Another good site for wigs is Here (http://www.witchwigs.com). They have some really nice wigs there too. I would stay away from any of those cheap halloween wigs that are like $15-$20. The quality is horrible, touching one makes me cringe.

For the sword in its transformed state, well, Animeisha took care of that, hehe. For the untransformed state, there are several methods. You can have it commissioned, which could be big bucks. I got quoted like $130-150 for it. o.O You could always make it yourself, if you have some experience with props, and the necessary tools. You can also alter one of those cheap katanas you can find on Ebay, check with any cons you plan to wear the costume to, and make sure they will allow live steel,even if its dull(peacebonded of course) I was lucky to find that the next con Im going to allows this, they are so awesome! So Im altering a katana for my Tenseiga =) Its not like I would take it out and swing it around anyways, right? Another method, Ive seen people use those cheap halloween plastic katanas and paint them all pretty, Ive seen some good ones come from this too.

Good Luck!!

InuPhoenix
09-30-2004, 10:04 PM
hey R1kku, erm would you say the herione wig on the first site you gave would be good for a kikyo wig? (sry i know off topic ^_^*)

R1KKu
09-30-2004, 11:21 PM
hey R1kku, erm would you say the herione wig on the first site you gave would be good for a kikyo wig? (sry i know off topic ^_^*)

Hmm, the heroine wig has a bit of wavyness to it, and the bangs look somewhat thin. Im thinking maybe the Cleopatra wig, the bangs look nice and full, but it doesnt look to be long enough?? Maybe This (http://www.worldofmagic.net/cartsnap/cartsnap.cgi?Wig_Cart) wig. Its the same one I have for my Kikyou costume. The only problem is that it doesnt have a normal part, and the hair appears to come out from the middle; I think it might be better for up-do's ?? Maybe the Cher951, this one has a part, you would need to cut the bangs out though, but it does have a decent length. I would definately check out the witchwigs site though. I think there might be a group wig order in progress (check the wigs & hair thread) which gets you 40% off your wig.

Jen-Neko, answering your question here, hehe. Cant remember what her kimono looks like but if its a yukata (shorter sleeves I believe) go with the Simplicity, the Butterick one looks nicer though IMO.

Jen-neko
09-30-2004, 11:31 PM
I had a question about the Kagome kimono I plan on doing. Well, it's more of a poll, sort of :P Which pattern do you think would look nicer? Simplicity 5839 or Butterick 6698? Here (http://www.smartcart.com/1sew/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=5839SIM) is the Simplicity pattern, and here (http://www.smartcart.com/1sew/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=6698bk) is the Butterick one.

Thanks in advance for your advice :3

Bahzi
09-30-2004, 11:39 PM
Forgot Nezumi's site.... it's http://geocities.com/cosplaymouse It's a really good looking untransformed tessaiga. I wouldn't have one commissioned, especially if it was a sword that just stays at you hip, too pricey. I'm not one to talk though, I bought a tensiega off ebay though. I payed a lot for it but it lookes really good, there's a pic in the in -progress pics in my gallery. Since I shelled out the money for it it makes me want to find a little Rin and do the reviving scene, get some use out of it. As for Tokijin I'm making it myself with plastic and wood, it's a fun experience and should look really good when I'm done. As I said, don't expect to find a good pre-made Inu wig, all the good ones I've seen had extensions added and cost a lot. A decent Inu wig's going to cost at least $50 and that's if you make it yourself.

*edit*

Jen-neko: I have both those patterns and have used them both. The first one is a haori, which is fine but might not be what your looking for for a dressy kimono. The one in the pic I saw looked more like a yutaka, which is what the second one is. The second one also has the obi bow. I think with the longer sleeves it looks dressier. I altered the first one for my sesshy kimono and it looks good but not for a dress kimono.

Storm Akima
10-01-2004, 12:42 AM
Sorry if I'm just repeating replys (I'm way too tired to read through them tonight... LOL) but I bought my Inuyasha wig of www.WowWigs.com. Go to Costume Wigs/Party Wigs and click on the "Kelly" costume wig (make sure to choose White! :) ) It cost's around $40 and you don't have to do anything to it. You can check out mine on my photos... the only problem with it, is it just goes past your shoulders by a few inches. It's not as long as Inuyasha's, but it still looks decent in my opinion. :bigtu:

Ryu-Ness
10-02-2004, 06:51 PM
Hmm. Regarding to the first reply. (I'm sorry -- if this has already been stated, flipping through 8 pages of post wouldn't be very fun. LoL.)

I believe that some of the Inuyasha's characters costumes aren't very simple at all, except Kagome's. Though -- I believe any simple costume can be made into a masterpiece. Correct body type/look for the character, correct colors and fabric, wigs, contacts, anything that's needed to help them grow into you. ^_^ Not to mention the overall assuming of the character's mentality. No, this is not to be meant to be taken as if you're insane or something if you do these. XD You shouldn't go too far that you end up getting overstressed and not having fun in the end, however. There are often people who don't get the correct color right, etc, so one person having the correct color can really stand out, is all I'm saying. ^_~ Simple stuff adds the finishing touches to a simple costume and makes it great.

Another problem with Inuyasha costumes, however, is that most the characters have huge weapons, crazy hairstyles, difficult costumes, or all three. Prop knowledge can go a long ways, especially if you're an Inuyasha that ends up using a toothpick instead of a huge sword. (Though, at times this is used and intentionally meant to be funny, which it certainly is. =D E.G. Vincent with a small squirt gun.)

When it comes down to it, though, you should look more for having fun, rather the best. ^_^ What's the point if you end up having a downright miserable time over it, right? Don't grit over little details. =) Having fun with it makes people feel much better and have an overall more enjoyable time. ^.^

www.katiebair.com is good for wigs. She has awesome prices, and awesome styling abilities. ^_~ Check our her Inuyasha wig.

_Mandy_
10-02-2004, 07:18 PM
I'd recommend the Enchantment wig from www.amphigory.com for InuYasha/Sesshomaru. It can have bangs cut into it and amphigory has very nice quality wigs (look for KaneKelon fiber when buying wigs). The description says it can have bangs cut into it, so it should work fine.

InuPhoenix
10-02-2004, 08:39 PM
hee hee im wondering when i should buy though and thank god it halloween time!

Kumi-chan
10-03-2004, 03:15 AM
Maybe this is listed somewhere else, but how exactly DO you cut bangs into a wig? I'm planning on getting two Enchantment wigs, one for my Sango costume(s) and one for my Shampoo costume. I realize that I'll have to do work on both of them to style them properly (especially the Shampoo wig, which will require both extra thick bangs and the giant buns she has on top of her extremely thick hair; I'll probably make the buns separately and pin them on somehow), but how do you style and cut bangs into a wig if the hair is flowing off in another direction? Especially with the amount of hair both these characters' bangs require? I'm just wondering. If there's somewhere else this information is listed, please tell me. Thanks.

CosplayerGabi
10-03-2004, 05:30 AM
Since you said enchantment wig I think you are getting them from Amphigory?

They have a nice little how to on bangs on their site:

http://www.amphigory.com/wig_how_to_cut_bangs.html

Gab

R1KKu
10-03-2004, 09:08 AM
The enchantment wig is nice and long, and great for both characters, but it is thin in the back, and sometimes, the netting from the inside will show through (Ive only seen this in the Lily color). Also, Sesshomaru's hair has a really light blue tint to it, so if you are looking for authenticity, you might want to check out Katie Bair's wig dyes. I know she has a powder blue color, or something similar.

InuPhoenix
10-03-2004, 09:51 AM
hmmm yea or check out party city or something fo rlight blue extentions maybe
?

_Mandy_
10-03-2004, 01:43 PM
I'd go with the wig dye Katie Bair has. It's spray on I think, so its easy. The thing with the thin-ness if you get a wig cap and dye it a grey color (do they sell grey?) it probably won't be as noticeable. Plus, it won't get all bunchy and poofy in the back too. Does Party City sell quality extensions? I know their wigs are pretty poor in quality.

redlink
10-03-2004, 02:40 PM
Really? Where? I've looked everywhere! Please tell me! Where can you buy it?

Kumi-chan
10-04-2004, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the link! I am worried about the wigs being thick enough, especially for the Shampoo wig. I'm probably going to need to add massive wefts just to make it thick enough in the back, even without the buns. With the Sango wig, it's more a question of how I pull off that high ponytail without showing the netting.

As for color, do you think that Coffeehouse would be a good shade for Sango? (From Amphigory, it's the really dark brown. Here, http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_enchantment.html) Since almost every picture I see of her shows sort of carmelly highlights to her hair (just like how Kagome has kind of navy-bluish highlights, Miroku's the only one out of the main party who has "non-color" black hair), I thought a really dark brown would be nice, instead of just black. For Shampoo, I'm thinking that Izzy would be a good shade.

Dymatrex
10-04-2004, 01:29 PM
I'm gonna be Inuyasha for Halloween, I need help on one thing:

His ears.

I know that I might have to sew them, but I just need help on one thing about the ears. I remember at Otakon that there was an Inuyasha cosplayer that had his ears squeak or make a squeaky noise whenever you squeezed them. Anyone have an idea of how I can do that?

Kumi-chan
10-04-2004, 02:26 PM
Buy a couple of stuffed animal doggie toys (smaller ones would probably be best, so the squeaker would be small enough to fit neatly inside the ears), and take out the squeaker. They'll have a separate squeaker inside; regular rubber squeaky toys have the squeaker built in. It'll be shaped like a flattened plastic bubble. You might be able to find just the squeakies at a craft store, but I've never seen them. You can probably get small squeaker toys for a few bucks at Wal-Mart, Fred Meyer, or any pet store. Take out the squeaker and tuck it inside the ear.

BTW, I love the idea of squeaky ears for Inuyasha. Makes me wanna touch 'em.

InuPhoenix
10-04-2004, 03:39 PM
OMG I REMEMBER THE SQUEAKY IY!!!! he was also a demon IY too ::irony:: actually just cut out triangles from whit cloth and place pink felt ont eh insdie and if ya wanna go all the way get faux fur

Jen-neko
10-04-2004, 05:51 PM
Aww, that's such a cute idea! :3 Wal-Mart's cheap. Or if you know of a dollar store near you, that'd be a good place to look, too =^^= For the doggie toys, that is. Just rip open the doggie toys, take out the squeakies, and sew them up inside your IY ears =^_^=

Miyabi-
10-04-2004, 08:09 PM
I'm going as Inuyasha for Sugoicon! ^_^ Here's some of the things I'm doing for my version. (you can see a pic of the in-progress costume in my profile..ignore the wig! I'm *not* using that one for this costume! I just used it for the sake of taking a pic! lol)

I made my ears from fake fur and felt and I sewed them onto flip clips so I can clip and position them directly into my wig without having to mess with a silly looking headband. (If anyone wants these I can easily make them for you! Just e-mail me!) I also made sure the felt lining the ears was more of a flesh color than a pink (the inside of Inu's ears is the same color as his skin...a lot of people have forgotten that!)

I'm making my necklace out of hematite beads and the fangs out of Sculpey. The horrible thing about the hematite beads is that I'll have to have 10 beads between each fang instead of 5 because the beads are so small. I might change this though!

The best pattern I found for his pants is believe it or not...patterns for a genie costume! The pants are nice and full and you can adjust the length of them really easily!
His undershirt and kimono top are pretty easy..just a basic kimono top tucked in and pulled out of the pants a little looks nice. And I didn't forget the slits in the top! The sleeves I used for the red kimono top is from a totally seperate pattern....I used the one for the sleeves of my Ren-Fest dress!! They're nice and full and easy to adjust size-wise!
Due to time-constraints and the fact that I still have to make my friend's Kagome costume (backpack and bow included!) I'm going to have an untransformed Tetsusaiga. A friend of a friend might be able to commission one for me but I'm not counting on it.

And now a question......: I'm having a horrible time finding a decent looking wig that doesn't cost a small fortune. Does anyone know where I can find a nice one for $45 or less?

Dymatrex
10-05-2004, 11:39 AM
BTW, I love the idea of squeaky ears for Inuyasha. Makes me wanna touch 'em.

That's the idea, since no one at school's gonna know who I am except for the international students...

R1KKu
10-05-2004, 12:12 PM
Hmm, for some reason, I cant seem to find a squeaker that will work for the ears. The dog toys I found that have them cant be taken apart; the squeaker wont work then. Is there something else I can use?

Koneko, for a wig, try Amphigory (http://www.amphigory.com) or WitchWigs (http://www.witchwigs.com)

Amphigory's Enchantment wig in Lily is a good one, its really long, and only $40. Witchwigs might have a nice long wig too, and their prices are good.

InuPhoenix
10-05-2004, 01:36 PM
whst about the plush dog toys?

Osuwari
10-05-2004, 03:24 PM
Inu Phoenix they were saying for the dog toys that they have squeaky's in them so you know if you press them it squeaks. Well they were saying if you take them out and put it in IY ears then you will have squeaky ears. ^-^ I adore IY ^-^ But yeah I should be searching for a new wig as well...

InuPhoenix
10-05-2004, 03:46 PM
hee hee ah yes the toment of wigs...maybe we should jsut ask yura to make him (sry yea i kno corny ^_~ couldnt resist though)

Miyabi-
10-05-2004, 11:03 PM
heh heh...I'm still on the lookout for a nice one.
The one from Amphigory is nice and I almost bought it tonight but they need at least 8 weeks to get it made and sent out. Sugoicon is Nov 14th. No time! Boooo!
So it looks like e-bay scrounging for me! ha ha!

Bahzi
10-05-2004, 11:33 PM
Amphigory quoted you 8 weeks to mail out the wig? They don't keep anything in stock it's true so everything is special order, but I've never had anything take longer than 3 weeks from them...maybe their supplier is out of stock. Witchwigs has a smiliar wig but its $65...we're trying to get together a group order (40% discount), but I'm not sure what the time frame on that would be. You could also check ebay although I'd be wary of the quality if they don't say what the fiber is it's made of.

InuPhoenix
10-06-2004, 06:40 PM
yea e-bay has everything ^_^

InuPhoenix
10-08-2004, 11:14 PM
grr i almost lost this thread -_-

Kumi-chan
10-12-2004, 04:44 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for making Sango's sword? I've seen people using those cheap plastic "Japanese" swords before, but for some reason, I can't find them anywhere, all the ones I've found have been way too short. I'd actually prefer to make it myself, so that I could get the length right (the blade looks like it comes to just below her knee, so it's probably about 2-1/2 feet long), and make the raised silver design on the hilt and tip of the scabbard. I'd really like to make the sword seperate from the scabbard, so I could pose with it for pictures (not at the con, because they have the peace-bonding policy).

Anyway, has anyone ever made Sango's sword before? And is fuschia (dark pinkish purple) a good shade for the scabbard?

R1KKu
10-13-2004, 01:09 AM
Kumi-Chan, do you have any clear pix of what her sword looks like? I think I've only seen her use it once. It looked like a smaller katana, and the sheath appeared to be black, cant remember. With all the Halloween stores opening up, there shouldnt be a problem finding a cheap plastic katana. You can also look online. Ive seen some short and longer swords. Like you had mentioned, you want to pose with the sword, but another thing you can do is pick up one of those cheapo, more realistic katanas off EBay and butcher it, alter it, and paint it like crazy to resemble her sword. That's what I did for my Tenseiga. The sword was really easy to take apart and paint the different pieces; made a different tsuba (handguard) out of some scrap wood I had,too. Im sure you can even find a way to take out the blade and put in a more con-friendly one, out of wood/foam/whatever,lol

*And whoever mentioned hot glue for Sesshomaru's spikes is a god/goddess/spiritual entity/etc, I love you!!. I almost gave up on that, but the hot glue is working wonderfully, except the fact that finding something to make the mold for it was mind-boggling. I love how they are turning out too. I want to resin cast them when I have enough money though. Ill have to get some pix, I always say that and never do, but I will. And I finished my Inu pants, weee!!!*

Bahzi
10-13-2004, 01:37 AM
That was me heh, but I stole it from Amethyst Angel so she gets the goddess status XD. I used the same method for the spikes after trying to make fimo ones all look the same..I'm not bad at sculpting, just getting the same result every time. I ended up using resin mold making junk I got offline...I'd like to use resin at some point too but with all the warnings it has about working with it I don't want to go there, I have severe asthma and it's getting too cold to work outside. In all honesty hot glue is probably much more durable. Where I work we sell plenty of polyresin sculptures/figures and the chip like crazy if they have pointy edges sticking out...one shove into the back of a hotel elevator and goodbye, no more spikeys! Since sesshy is one of those characters who gets glomped it's a good idea to make everything as durable as possible...and even still I plan to use my boyfriend as a body guard. I worry slightly about tenseiga because it's wood and will break so I'm going to try to look as unfreindly/in character as possible. I like people I really do and I love talking to them, but I've had my stuff broken and witnessed other people's stuff getting broken by overenthusiastic well meaning people. Sounds like you're coming right along, anime reactor is only a couple weeks away right? I've got until November 19 and my friggin kendo armor is still backordered in japan...blah. If I hadn't paid I would say screw it and just use foam and pvc or vinyl but I'm not buying two sets of supplies, plus the shoulder armor would have to be remade to fit the kendo armor later. Post piccys though, your sash and armor thingies (I think they're called tare on kendo armor or something similar.) look great, I'm sure your costume will be awesome. ^^

Kumi-chan
10-13-2004, 05:30 PM
I've been checking at the Halloween stores near me, and also at the dollar shops (I've seen them there before, too), but I can't find any plastic katana style swords longer than a foot and a half, good for kids, but not to scale on me. Maybe I'll have to go for a real sword. That would be kind of cool, and if I got a cheap one, I wouldn't feel bad about butchering it to make it look right. I don't think it would be a problem having a true sword at the con I'll be attending, as long as it's peace bonded. My friend dressed as Kenshin from the OVA last year, and he had a real sword.

Here's a few pics focusing on the sword. The first one's a bit fuzzy, but if you look closely, you can see that the scabbard color is close to purple (I couldn't find any screenshots that showed the sword clearly, unfortunately, just "character shots"). I'm not sure where I found the last one, but even though it's a figurine (I think), it shows the length of the unsheathed sword.

Tess
10-13-2004, 06:47 PM
Kumi-chan, try checking eBay for a practise katana or bokken. I bought a wooden one for my Taijiya Sango cossie, but have also seen a hard foam variety sold. The majority of them sell for, like, 1 cent and $15 shipping. *facepalm* Irritating, but hey, it's still pretty cheap.

I painted my blade with metallic spraypaint, wrapped the handle with some purple bias tape, and made a scabbard out of purple-ish fabric. Unfortunately, the scabbard was rather last-minute, so it was very poorly put together and rather, well, floppy. >_<;; With the sword inside, it was fine, though. ^_^ Plan on re-making that at some point.

Well, hope this helped.

@-->--- Tess

R1KKu
10-14-2004, 10:59 AM
Aww, thanks Animeisha. Now Im more determined to get this thing done. And thanks for posting that info, many thanks to Amethyst Angel for coming up with that idea. I finished molding the spikes, using a small hot glue gun is time-consuming. I had to trim them down a bit cuz the glue cooled down too fast so I ended up with these weird squiggles. I think Im going to put a thin coat of some clay, or even plaster of paris (it seemed to coat well when I was making the mold) to the spikes so they dont look so textured with all the cuts I made *oops*

Ill try and get some pix up soon, Ive been really busy trying to get all my costumes done. The con is next week, the 22nd, and Im freaking out here. Plus, I have finals coming up, and lots of drawings and paintings to do. More energy drinks for me :jjacks:

Kumi, Id say go with the dark purple, gives the sword its feminine touch =)
And that last picture you posted is of a cosplayer with a mask on. Its some form of mask cosplay, there was a website with pictures, Ill have to look for the link.

InuPhoenix
10-14-2004, 02:04 PM
actually that last pic of the cosplayer i think was from a con in Japan. i remember my sis telling me when she went to japan that they had teh cosplay shops and that the costumes were gorgeous! jsut thatthey were so explensive but yea that does look like a statue or sumthing doesnt it?

Kumi-chan
10-14-2004, 04:21 PM
It does look a lot like a statue...something about the hair, I think. And I'm definitely going with dark purple for the scabbard. I found a few good screenshots last night, and they definitely look purple. (See below)

Now I just have to save up the money to get the sword.

InuPhoenix
10-15-2004, 08:15 PM
yea...definately

CeeCee
10-17-2004, 01:47 PM
I love Inuyasha!!! :love: (I'm new to cosplay)
I just wonted add that it's best at times to get a Kimon pattern for Inuyasha outfit and adjust the costume as you go a lot. :jjacks: If you try to make it without a pattern for it, it might be harder or take longer than you thought :thumbsup: . I had to make Inuyasha's sleeves about 3 times before I got it how I wonted it. :woah: I think it's fun to see every thing come together! :bigtu: Hint: you can make the sash of Inuyasha, by taking the materal and making a belt and ptting a bow on the end of it and strong snaps on the oppsite side. Then you'll have a Inuyahsa belt , but when you put it on it looks great with nothing else showing!! = ^_^=

Miyabi-
10-17-2004, 09:17 PM
I *finally* found a great wig for Inuyasha on ebay. It's length is nice (it stops at my tush! ha ha! ) and the only problems I have with it is that it doesn't have bangs so I'm going to have to cut those into it and the middle part of the wig is pretty much permanant so i'll just have to deal with that I guess.
The quality is pretty good though and the girl that I bought it off of had insanely fast shipping. I'll post her e-bay store on here later so you guys can check her out too.

R1KKu
10-18-2004, 08:26 AM
Well, I said I would post some pictures, although the costume is not finished. I still gotta finish the armor; painting,sanding,decorating,etc. Sash is almost done, just need measurements around the armor so I know where to put a button or velcro. I know, the bow is waaay too big, Ill fix it later. Tenseiga is finished, shown in one of the pix (I forgot which one) just an ordinary cheapo katana modified with a bit of creativity, and some extra coffee =) Toukijin, however, is not finished, Ill have to get to it this week sometime. The shirt is almost done, just a few more of those aggravating designs to cut out and attach. Hakamas have been done for some time now. Shoes are almost done. Fluffs is finished, minus the zipper I put in for a pocket to hold my junk. OOh, and I gotta make the under kimono still *doh*

My spikes turned out awesome, thanks to Amethyst Angel and Animeisha XD

ok enough babbling, lets see some pix. (Just a warning, the pic size is pretty large, Ill try and fix that...but for now........)

Pic 1 (http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/inbox/view.html?url=http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid143/p8a8255e1de5ce0a11a24e39e8461ddde/f698dd35.jpg&caption=sess%20costume&id=4137213237)
Pic 2 (http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/inbox/view.html?id=4137214602&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imagestation.com%2Fpicture%2F sraid143%2Fp5ba4370292f17c36354b776b21706640%2Ff69 8e28a.jpg&caption=Armor)

Kumi-chan
10-18-2004, 11:31 AM
Oh wow, that looks awesome, R1KKu! Really good, especially the armor. I like the idea of putting storage space into the fluffy, too. It's always nice when people incorporate their bag into their costume, and since no real bag would look appropriate with Sesshomaru...very well done.

InuPhoenix
10-19-2004, 09:59 PM
OMG!!!!! wow R1kku!!!! that is probably one of the most awesome sesshy costumes ive ever seen 0_0 and actually i found teh perfect faux fur for sesshoumaru at the rag shop...was tempted to buy and make my own but im never going to sesshoumaru unless i help a friends so it defeated teh purpose -_- plus my friend whos a rabid seshy fan would murder me if i even tried 0_0

R1KKu
10-19-2004, 10:55 PM
Aww thankies. I finished the shirt yesterday *drool* the lower armor half today *drool* and one of those small armor pieces (the front one with the red tassels) today too. The front and back armor pieces are having some minor complications. And Ive got a few extra props comin along with me for the ride.

You should make Sesshy, hes so lovable. And your rabid friend would be all over you. I just know Im gonna get attacked, little fangirls screaming, holding onto my fluff as I drag them across the hotel floor, muahaha.

InuPhoenix
10-20-2004, 06:15 PM
hmm i probably, i swore to myself i would never make kikyo...well that backfired -_- ^_^!!!

~Sango~
10-24-2004, 07:32 PM
hello to al who r here. (i feel like being random)

InuPhoenix
10-24-2004, 08:27 PM
hi sango!!! ^_^

~Sango~
10-24-2004, 09:52 PM
Ok this may seem random but oh well, i am making a sango costume (slayer) and was wondering about a few things, such as the armor. I was thinking of going down the road of pleather with a fabric outerlayer, or however R1KKu made the sesshomaru armor. Second i have been wondering about the best way to make the simbol on the costume. I would also appreciate any extra info or stories from other cosplayers. thats all and i hope i dont sound as formal and stupid as i think i do.

~Sango~
10-24-2004, 09:52 PM
oh, and hi InuPhoenix.

R1KKu
10-24-2004, 10:48 PM
Ok this may seem random but oh well, i am making a sango costume (slayer) and was wondering about a few things, such as the armor. I was thinking of going down the road of pleather with a fabric outerlayer, or however R1KKu made the sesshomaru armor. Second i have been wondering about the best way to make the simbol on the costume. I would also appreciate any extra info or stories from other cosplayers. thats all and i hope i dont sound as formal and stupid as i think i do.

I used a type of plastic that is easy to cut and can be bent into shape with heat. I dont think it would work well for Sango because it might be impossible to bend into a spherical shape (I dont know though) Ive seen people use styrofoam spheres cut in half and then covered in fabric, that might work? For that armor piece in front, you could probably get away with a stiff interfacing inside the fabric, maybe even a cardboard or posterboard.
For the red symbol, you could experiment with cutting it out of fabric and ironing it on, or if you know someone who can do embroidery work.

Ill have Sesshy pix up very soon, I just need to get an ok to post a link from someone who took a pic, or get my film developed and scanned in =P Oh it's been quite a weekend. :drunk:

~Sango~
10-25-2004, 08:34 AM
I used a type of plastic that is easy to cut and can be bent into shape with heat. I dont think it would work well for Sango because it might be impossible to bend into a spherical shape (I dont know though) Ive seen people use styrofoam spheres cut in half and then covered in fabric, that might work? For that armor piece in front, you could probably get away with a stiff interfacing inside the fabric, maybe even a cardboard or posterboard.
For the red symbol, you could experiment with cutting it out of fabric and ironing it on, or if you know someone who can do embroidery work.

Ill have Sesshy pix up very soon, I just need to get an ok to post a link from someone who took a pic, or get my film developed and scanned in =P Oh it's been quite a weekend. :drunk:

I think that the armor might work for sango, it isnt THAT curved. Also thanks for replying so promptly. What was the name of the plastic and how much did it cost.

R1KKu
10-25-2004, 05:15 PM
You can find it at www.usplastic.com (sorry my link button is broken) Youll have to do a search for "sintra".It looks like they only have large sheets of it,and it does look a bit pricey for just a few pieces of small armor, its your choice. I didnt purchase it from there, I got it from a place that I worked at (we used it for signs) but I think its the .4mm. I have both black and white, and I was told that the white seems to be more brittle and harder to work with, my bf was working with it, not me. You can paint it and sand it though, and you can cut it with sharp enough scissors or an X-acto, but it does become painful; a small saw should do the job nicely. It can be bent and molded with a heat gun or boiling water (you need to keep it hot). It is breakable with enough force, so be careful when bending and cutting it.

InuPhoenix
10-25-2004, 08:55 PM
for the aromor ::helpinga firend on this:: for teh shoulder and elbow armor you could use shoulder pads and cover them in fabric, thats what we're doing, and for the stomache piece jsut use the same fabric for eh shuolder and elbow armor and get teh super cardboard stiff interfacing. if you have old shinguards yo cold jsut cover them in the same fabric and cover with black boot covers.

~Sango~
10-26-2004, 08:59 AM
Thanks all. I think i will either use the plastic, or pleather w/fabric cover for lower armor, and sholderpads for the sholders and elbows. So thats it. Um what is ppls opinion on bringing props to cons. I am going to animeBoston 2005 and was wondering if i would be alowed by security to bring my Hiraikotsu. Anyone know how i can find that out, (its made from foam so its not THAT hard). Also does anyone have any words of wisdom about having big props, (its about 5'5). Sorry i ask so many questions im really new to this and i dont want to mess up my favorite anime character. :thumbsup:

Evergrace
10-26-2004, 09:26 AM
The way i see it with large props is that if you arn't flinging it about and causing a hazard, most cons won't care. I had a 6' Tetsusaiga at ACen 2004, but i did have to cut it down, simply because there was like 20 billion people there. Basically if you keep it to yourself and there isnt an ungodly amount of people there, they wont bother you, until you bother them.

R1KKu
10-26-2004, 11:17 AM
It really depends on the con. If they have a website, and Im sure they do, I would check with their prop rules. Sometimes, security can be really strict, like Acen was this year; a sword I was carrying around had a 4ft blade, and about an 18" handle, about as tall as me altogether; no I wasnt swinging it around, and I was very careful when posing with it, but I got stopped many times for having it in the hotel, but I knew someone in security =) Im surprised you got away with your Tet there, Evergrace. By any chance did you have it at AR this past weekend? I only remember seeing one. =(

For your Hiraikotsu being foam, I dont think it would be a big deal, its not like you made it out of wood or even demon bones =P Hopefully its light enough for you to carry all day too. Do you have that shoulder strap thing on it though? That would help alot with lugging it around.

~Sango~
10-26-2004, 11:28 AM
i will look on the site. Also R1KKu r u ever gonna post that sesshomaru costume? And is anyone coming to anime Boston? Oh and my Friend ~Kagura~ is going as kagura and was wondering if anyone could find a good reference pic, or any ideas on the costume.

InuPhoenix
10-26-2004, 02:12 PM
shes doing kagura right? well if shes doing ehr second one she jsut has to get a kimono pattern and fake the collars.

oh the joys of lugging a 6ft foam boomerang on your back and wearinga kimono that only let you walka foot a second, not to mention i accidentally hit a couple of ppl (SRY LEXY-CHAND A LAURY-CHAN!!) lol but nah you wond have a problem, also you better post pics when your done ~Sango~ !!!!

R1KKu
10-26-2004, 05:16 PM
i will look on the site. Also R1KKu r u ever gonna post that sesshomaru costume? And is anyone coming to anime Boston? Oh and my Friend ~Kagura~ is going as kagura and was wondering if anyone could find a good reference pic, or any ideas on the costume.

Yes yes, just a moment, I dont have my pix developed yet, but I did find one that someone had posted on their site, (hope they dont get mad for me linking) Here (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/Norumu/Anime%20Reactor%202004/Sesshoumaru.jpg) is that link. I know, I look dorky, and I couldnt stop smiling, gotta work on that. This is my first cosplay (crossplay actually) where I wasnt dressed as Rikku, who is always so energetic, and Im used to the smiling. Ill get my pix up asap. Also, A piece to one of my swords went MIA in our hotel room so I didnt have it all weekend, my wig was getting caught in the spikes, which got caught in an elevator door and took some damage, and my boots were killing me. And then there was the random idiot who thought it was funny to step on my tail. Oh, and the fact that I couldnt sit down because of my armor,(which was really warming me up), I was able to kneel though. Ok enough rambling, I still had fun.

I, too, am going to start work on a Kagura, and have some good/decent screencaps and pictures of her. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. Ive already purchased fabric and random supplies for the costume. Here (http://www.inu-yasha.themoon.co.uk/n/kagura.php) is a link with some Kagura pix, hopefully those will help.

Ryu-Ness
10-26-2004, 05:53 PM
Thanks all. I think i will either use the plastic, or pleather w/fabric cover for lower armor, and sholderpads for the sholders and elbows. So thats it. Um what is ppls opinion on bringing props to cons. I am going to animeBoston 2005 and was wondering if i would be alowed by security to bring my Hiraikotsu. Anyone know how i can find that out, (its made from foam so its not THAT hard). Also does anyone have any words of wisdom about having big props, (its about 5'5). Sorry i ask so many questions im really new to this and i dont want to mess up my favorite anime character.

Sango. 'yo. -waves hand-

Well, I got allowed into Fanime with my Hiraikotsu.. and it's 6'8". It mainly depends on the size of the convention, but even in the dealer's room, they allowed me with it because it was strapped to my back, I suppose. However, I didn't accidently hit one of my friends and Kagome on the head with it a couple of times. x_X So be careful with that.

About the armor? I'm working on a pair myself -- Shoulders and elbows are -hard-. Leggings are a kind of samurai armor.. I forget the name of which right now. And the front and butt parts of the outfit? Hell if I know. I still ned to get that part done. The shoulders and elbow armor I'm using clay for, which I bought from Michael's. I'll post the brand as soon as I get it, because it wasn't at another Michael's that I went to -- and it does wonders.

^_~ Perfecting the art of dashing in a yukata is easy.Only problem is..

You can hear my sandals click from halfway across the convention. I need to get a backing on them. Also, resist the temptation to not pretend to hit them. Be angry. Furious, and blushingly cute all the meanwhile.

Good luck. <3

InuPhoenix
10-28-2004, 03:01 PM
lol well, i didnt get the click-clack, my sandala i guess are suede so they didnt really make a sound lol

odango-mango
10-28-2004, 03:19 PM
i just finished working on my Kikyou costume, i put it together last week to wear for halloween.
I had to wing it since i didn't have a pattern but it turned out pretty good :D

Miyabi-
10-28-2004, 03:47 PM
I'm almost done with my Inuyasha! I just have to sew the sleeves onto the shirt and add the black trimming at the sleeves and tie the string around the top and add the slits into the pants.
I got my gold contact lenses today and though they look really awesome they're really uncomfortable so I'll probably end up just using them for cosplay only and not for just walking around.
My custom fang job turned out pretty well! I just have to file the rough edges down.
I'm going to probably have an untransformed Tetsusaiga. I'm going to experiament with making on out of cardboard this weekend but I have a feeling it's not gonna work. Ah well...better to try then never to know huh?

Dymatrex
10-29-2004, 08:20 AM
Eiii...I'm in school right now as Inuyasha, and not many people know who I am, or look at me like I'm crossplaying...*sniff*...the wig I have isn't even white. It's a platinum-blonde like color...

...at least I made a big Tessaiga

Evergrace
10-29-2004, 11:58 AM
I'm sitting in my Advanced Placement Java class in my Inu-Yasha costume and this friggin chest plate is digging into my crotch... yes, there is a chest plate. other than that, im so afraid of stepping on my hakama and falling down the stairs... stop laughing, it's not THAT funny...

~Sango~
10-29-2004, 01:28 PM
ok. i am happy one of my costumes is almost done. traveling sango is going to be done in december. yay!!!

R1KKu
10-29-2004, 07:26 PM
I'm sitting in my Advanced Placement Java class in my Inu-Yasha costume and this friggin chest plate is digging into my crotch... yes, there is a chest plate. other than that, im so afraid of stepping on my hakama and falling down the stairs... stop laughing, it's not THAT funny...

Chest plate??? Interesting.... Are you talking about that front flap thing on his shirt??? Also, picking up the sides of your hakamas like a dress helps when walking up and down stairs, but Inu's bunches up on the bottom like elastic, did you forget to put that on? That might help.

I wish I could wear a costume to school, but I dont have class Fridays, and wearing one on Thurday might get me some weird glares. I did have one lady in my class begging me to wear my Sesshy though,lol, not gonna happen, Id be dying to be able to sit down :waaaah:

Wind Archer
10-29-2004, 11:36 PM
I'm really considering about working on an Inuyasha costume for next next year lol. I think I'd make an okay human Inuyasha lol, I'd like to get a wig, but there's not really any good wig shops here.

Kumi-chan
11-01-2004, 01:37 AM
R1KKu, I just love your whole costume! You even got the shoes right! That's a big point with me, I hate it when people have a great costume but they get lazy about the shoes. Yours are just perfect!

R1KKu
11-01-2004, 05:03 PM
R1KKu, I just love your whole costume! You even got the shoes right! That's a big point with me, I hate it when people have a great costume but they get lazy about the shoes. Yours are just perfect!

Hehe thanks. Yeah, I was looking at how other people made the shoes. I wanted to make some little booties with padding on the bottoms, but I was having a bit of trouble so I just went with boot covers for the time being, and they hurt like a $%@)!#$, lol. I will make a better pair though. I still have a few things to fix up on the whole costume too, and Ill do so for my next big con in May (plenty o time)

I agree with you and shoes. Shoes make the costume, whether they are hard to make or hurt to wear, or barefoot, like Inu, I hate it when people wear gym shoes with their Inu's, GRRR!!!

inu-chan00
11-02-2004, 10:42 PM
Hehe thanks. Yeah, I was looking at how other people made the shoes. I wanted to make some little booties with padding on the bottoms, but I was having a bit of trouble so I just went with boot covers for the time being, and they hurt like a $%@)!#$, lol. I will make a better pair though. I still have a few things to fix up on the whole costume too, and Ill do so for my next big con in May (plenty o time)

I agree with you and shoes. Shoes make the costume, whether they are hard to make or hurt to wear, or barefoot, like Inu, I hate it when people wear gym shoes with their Inu's, GRRR!!!
**is in love with your seshy crossplay**
heh.....inuyahas with shoes look wierd...they should at least do sandals if theyre afraid of being bare foot, i think i was the only inuyasha who actually spent her whole 3 days barefoot and didnt even stop me when stepping in gum and burnt feet, im insane.... :eeek:
its great you even try to get his shoes right! some people pay attantion to that .its even scarier to see seshys in sneakers more than inus..made thier cosplays look sooo cheap..poor people >.<**marvels at your seshy cosplay even more**

Miyabi-
11-02-2004, 10:46 PM
Ha ha...I'll probably be going barefoot the entire time myself and if not...red sandals that match my outfit!
I finally posted pictures of my Inuyasha on my costume list. I've still got to add the trim to the sleeves and the slits to the overshirt and pants!

R1KKu
11-02-2004, 10:51 PM
**is in love with your seshy crossplay**
heh.....inuyahas with shoes look wierd...they should at least do sandals if theyre afraid of being bare foot, i think i was the only inuyasha who actually spent her whole 3 days barefoot and didnt even stop me when stepping in gum and burnt feet, im insane.... :eeek:
its great you even try to get his shoes right! some people pay attantion to that .its even scarier to see seshys in sneakers more than inus..made thier cosplays look sooo cheap..poor people >.<**marvels at your seshy cosplay even more**

LoL, if I could fit in the Inu costume I made for my bf, I would definately go barefoot. Heck, I walk around barefoot outside all the time, even in rain and snow, I even walk around on the front half of my feet, almost never on my heel, kinda got used to that after one of my earlier cosplays, hehe.

Ahh!!! so much marveling. Now its my turn to marvel, lol :love:

inu-chan00
11-03-2004, 07:33 PM
LoL, if I could fit in the Inu costume I made for my bf, I would definately go barefoot. Heck, I walk around barefoot outside all the time, even in rain and snow, I even walk around on the front half of my feet, almost never on my heel, kinda got used to that after one of my earlier cosplays, hehe.Ahh!!! so much marveling. Now its my turn to marvel, lol

ohhh true inuyasha cosplayers at heart...makes me proud **sniffsniff** lol after cosplaying at cons im so use to being barefoot ...even today in school my shoe started to hurt and .....15 min later when our bell rang there I am walking to class without my shoes XD I had to run back when I went into photograghy class and someone stepped on my feet...owie =___= at least you never have to worry about shoes for inu :P yyaayy!

........marvel at what **looks around**
Ha ha...I'll probably be going barefoot the entire time myself and if not...red sandals that match my outfit!
I finally posted pictures of my Inuyasha on my costume list. I've still got to add the trim to the sleeves and the slits to the overshirt and pants!
oohh i saw your pics !!! GREAT JOB !! I luuub the wig! oohhh now I wanna make a sword for myslef XD but alas...im such a lazy butt ! maybe someday ill get off my lazy booty and actually work on my crossplays.....but then again its a "maybe" XD

Miyabi-
11-03-2004, 10:11 PM
Thanks inu-chan! I'm just relieved I'm nearly finished with the thing because I have to work on my friend's Kagome costume and the con is in two weeks!
I actually hated that wig until I cut the bangs into it. Now I adore it. The only problem I'm having with it is keeping it behind me all the time...the sides keep wanting to fall forward. Sooo...I'm going to tie the sides back with fishing line and hook it up into the netting of the wig itself.
My giant Tetsusaiga is nothing but cardboard, duct tape, a broom handle and spray paint. It looks nice from far away but close up....kinda crappy! So I'll probably just use it for pictures.

Infini
11-04-2004, 12:41 AM
heh.....inuyahas with shoes look wierd...they should at least do sandals if theyre afraid of being bare foot, i think i was the only inuyasha who actually spent her whole 3 days barefoot and didnt even stop me when stepping in gum and burnt feet, im insane....

I tried to go barefoot at a convention for my Inuyasha costume, but someone from the convention staff actually told me I wasn't allowed to be barefoot, and made me get my sandals. I was very sad, and tried to kick them off whenever photos happened, but usually there wasn't enough time. :(

-Infini

Yueyume
11-04-2004, 01:46 AM
Haha...barefootness...

I was going to buy 'sticky shoes' or something at the suggestion of someone here for Abi last year, but ended up getting lazy and just wearing a pair of red slippers. XD Those sticky shoe things are really pretty neat though, wish I had time to get 'em. Ya know, someone needs to dress up as Naraku (post hakureizan). Painfully complicated costume, but I would so love to see it. XD

Hikaruchan
11-04-2004, 02:10 AM
Since I have started to work on the base outfit, I've actually been considering Naraku armor/tails - but don't know if I want to go there since I find parts of the later design ugly.

inu-chan00
11-04-2004, 07:05 PM
I tried to go barefoot at a convention for my Inuyasha costume, but someone from the convention staff actually told me I wasn't allowed to be barefoot, and made me get my sandals. I was very sad, and tried to kick them off whenever photos happened, but usually there wasn't enough time. :(

-Infini
really? What con did you go to......so far Ive been at 5 .....and noone stopped me yet -__-" evil staff of doom.......I gues some cons are diffrent ....or maybe you could avoid them :untrust: somehow........

I was going to buy 'sticky shoes' or something at the suggestion of someone here for Abi last year, but ended up getting lazy and just wearing a pair of red slippers. XD Those sticky shoe things are really pretty neat though, wish I had time to get 'em. Ya know,

wow...those just beat the time I wore skin colored socks ^__^" my poor socks...had holes them in 20 min......maybe Ill look into those....they sound pretty neat :bigtu:

Infini
11-05-2004, 02:21 AM
really? What con did you go to......so far Ive been at 5 .....and noone stopped me yet -__-" evil staff of doom.......I gues some cons are diffrent ....or maybe you could avoid them :untrust: somehow........

It was at this year's Anime North. Maybe canadian convention staff are shoe obsessed and it makes them incredibly sad to see people without shoes. Who knows. Maybe they were more concerned about foot safety because the con was held in more of a warehouse type place instead of the usual hotel.

Or, maybe I have scary feet.

-Infini

Miyabi-
11-05-2004, 06:52 AM
ha ha...they're probably worried about something like getting sued if you'd happen to cut yourself.
I hope the hotel is warm for Sugoicon because I'm planning on going barefoot.

inuyasha_the_ha
11-05-2004, 10:51 AM
I i search a person who creat the costume of inuyasha and i cant buy it please write me in my email is inuyasha_hanyo_kai@hotmail.com

Bahzi
11-05-2004, 01:40 PM
ummm, huh? That made no sense I'm afraid. If you're looking how to make Inuyasha's costume, do a search on the forums, there have been some good threads discussing what patterns to use and details to be included. For the most part though, most people eyeballed it, not something a beginning sewer would want to try. Inuyasha's pants could be modified from a bellydancer pants pattern, but the shirt is mostly done without patterns.

Lakitu
11-05-2004, 04:01 PM
Just because someone does Naraku doesn't mean they have to go ALL out. I mean,I kind of want to do a battle torn,shirtless Naraku with the spider scar and everything. I think I could pull it off because I look so much like Naraku.

inu-chan00
11-05-2004, 07:00 PM
ha ha...they're probably worried about something like getting sued if you'd happen to cut yourself.
I hope the hotel is warm for Sugoicon because I'm planning on going barefoot.
yeah....I think ill go with her idea......and maybe they think your feet Infini are to much of precious inuyasha feet to hurt....gotta love those barefeet ^__^

I i search a person who creat the costume of inuyasha and i cant buy it please write me in my email is inuyasha_hanyo_kai@hotmail.com

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=38938
probably on of the best threads for inuyasha cosplay information,its very detailed and had lengthy entrys
or try ebay.....ever thinks of commisionars too?

InuPhoenix
11-05-2004, 07:06 PM
hi pplz! gomen ne for not posting anything ^^* lol im in DC!!! wh00t!!! lol soooo im getting the bizz about IY costumes? um....me and my friend made the haori out of felt fabric and it worked well..if not a lil to warm lol ^^* and gomen ne again if its totally off topic ^^

bare-feet ouch lol actually my IY friend wore these chineese silk red converses and she got so many compliments 00 lol
:chatah:

inu-chan00
11-06-2004, 07:04 PM
oohhhhh chinease silky good-ness @___@

R1KKu
11-07-2004, 10:46 AM
AHHH!!! The dryer ate my fluffy!!! :waaaah: :waaaah:

Ohh, I want some Chinese Converses (sounds interesting)

inu-chan00
11-07-2004, 11:20 PM
AHHH!!! The dryer ate my fluffy!!! :waaaah: :waaaah:

Ohh, I want some Chinese Converses (sounds interesting)
GASP!!! EVIL TECHNICAL CLEANING PRODUCTS! THEY DONT DESERVE TO EAT THE HOLLY FLUFF! **forms a mobb** REVENGE!!!!! :miffed:

**joins the " I want chinese converses club"**

R1KKu
11-07-2004, 11:30 PM
Thank goodness it didnt eat all of it though. It just singed (sp?) the fabric a bit, but some nice brushing did the trick, so its all good, Mmm hmm. I do kinda want to make a softer one though, hmm...

inu-chan00
11-08-2004, 08:30 PM
**swears to never trust house hold appliances again**but..............YAY FOR THE EXTRA FLUFF UPGRADE! Im sure the real fluff would be pround **tear tear**

Arin
11-08-2004, 11:29 PM
I don't know if this has been said before or not, but taking the time with props is definitely worth the money. I modified a Kagome costume that I bought on Ebay, (fixed the skirt length and sleeves) and purchased a real set of bow and arrows with my own handmade quiver, along with Japanese school girl socks, brown loafers, and a shikon no tama necklace. It also helped that I happened to already own a yellow backpack. I wore it to AX4, and it was certinly nice to not just be labeled "another" random Japanese school. Another upside is that it's rather comfortable to walk around in. :) Hope this helps, effort makes a difference!

R1KKu
11-09-2004, 12:51 AM
**swears to never trust house hold appliances again**but..............YAY FOR THE EXTRA FLUFF UPGRADE! Im sure the real fluff would be pround **tear tear**

Except the sewing machine... Mmm sweet love... :love:

ummm.. yeah...

Hey Ive been thinking, I know I saw someone post about it one time, but never saw pix. For some time now, Ive been considering a Midoriko(sp?) costume; her outfit doesnt seem too hard, plus I like armor. And she plays a big part too, although she was only in like 1 episode. I found a few pictures of her, and now Ive got plans flying around in my head. Should I go for it???

And Arin, I love your Kagome, really nicely done!!!

Shichosama
11-09-2004, 11:08 PM
Except the sewing machine... Mmm sweet love... :love:

ummm.. yeah...

Hey Ive been thinking, I know I saw someone post about it one time, but never saw pix. For some time now, Ive been considering a Midoriko(sp?) costume; her outfit doesnt seem too hard, plus I like armor. And she plays a big part too, although she was only in like 1 episode. I found a few pictures of her, and now Ive got plans flying around in my head. Should I go for it???

And Arin, I love your Kagome, really nicely done!!!

Go for it! Midoriko is my utter favorite next to Kikyou and I find her the most overlooked character in the series.If you do complete it,I would love to see it ^-^

Anyways I have done Kikyou,Botan,and Miroku from Inuyasha X3 You can see the Botan costume on my cosplay lab username which is the same exact username I have here just in case anyone wants to see it.

inu-chan00
11-09-2004, 11:35 PM
Go for it! Midoriko is my utter favorite next to Kikyou and I find her the most overlooked character in the series.If you do complete it,I would love to see it ^-^

Anyways I have done Kikyou,Botan,and Miroku from Inuyasha X3 You can see the Botan costume on my cosplay lab username which is the same exact username I have here just in case anyone wants to see it.
yes I agree! Midoriko is a very important character to the show! (helooo !jewl maker dduhh!) and is often a forgotton character!Shes very pretty and kicks butt! HAHA! If your really into it,,,,GO FOR IT! just dont do your version of "sit" to other inuyashas XD if you get what I mean....**hint hin** was in the IY eps!

Shichosama I am going to look for your coslays right NOW!! XD!!

R1KKu
11-09-2004, 11:41 PM

Yeah, I did a bit of research on Midoriko, took some info from the episode that she was in, random notes and stuff, so yeah, Im definately going to give it a try. I warned my bf about the armor making too,lol.

I like your Botan, you even have a Momiji with you XD Im planning for Botan as well, but Ive put it aside to get other costumes done. I did see a Momiji at the last con I attended, and told the person I would try to get a Botan done. I already have a Sesshy, a Kikyou, and an Inu, and Im planning for Kagura, Botan,Midoriko, and maybe a Juuroumaru (whoa, too many,lol)

inu-chan00
11-10-2004, 12:13 AM
Yeah, I did a bit of research on Midoriko, took some info from the episode that she was in, random notes and stuff, so yeah, Im definately going to give it a try. I warned my bf about the armor making too,lol.

I like your Botan, you even have a Momiji with you XD Im planning for Botan as well, but Ive put it aside to get other costumes done. I did see a Momiji at the last con I attended, and told the person I would try to get a Botan done. I already have a Sesshy, a Kikyou, and an Inu, and Im planning for Kagura, Botan,Midoriko, and maybe a Juuroumaru (whoa, too many,lol)
WOW ! thats alot !!!! HAHA I wish I could armor make.,,,,gonna havta learn for my friends fluffy cosplay in ax 2005!
Me How I would die to have a baketsu...I think his names it? (long hair braided,armor, hang out with jakatsu and uhhh......is blue...with that biiigg sword.....forget it....cant explain) well I wanna cosplay himm soo baadd,,,even though I barely know him,,,,and uhhhhh,,,inuyasha daddy I lovveeeee too! inuyasha FULL demon version is something I must do along with human too! umm.....sango battle suite is kewl...but I dont look good when cosplaying girls -___-" uhhhhhhh hmmm...OOOH that dude,,,who was made from naraku...he as very sexy.................................**makes more of a list**

Sailor_Lain
11-12-2004, 09:40 PM
Uhm.. :bashful:

How do you make pleated skirts?
:drink:
For Kagome ^-^
And do you think it's a good idea to make the skirt shiiiiinnny ^-^

:walkoff:

Yueyume
11-12-2004, 10:17 PM
WOW ! thats alot !!!! HAHA I wish I could armor make.,,,,gonna havta learn for my friends fluffy cosplay in ax 2005!
Me How I would die to have a baketsu...I think his names it? (long hair braided,armor, hang out with jakatsu and uhhh......is blue...with that biiigg sword.....forget it....cant explain) well I wanna cosplay himm soo baadd,,,even though I barely know him,,,,and uhhhhh,,,inuyasha daddy I lovveeeee too! inuyasha FULL demon version is something I must do along with human too! umm.....sango battle suite is kewl...but I dont look good when cosplaying girls -___-" uhhhhhhh hmmm...OOOH that dude,,,who was made from naraku...he as very sexy.................................**makes more of a list**

Bankotsu? I love him! XD And yes, there needs to be more Inu-papa cosplayers out there (really nice Inu-papa costume Hikaruchan!). Even though he's only in the movie, he's still the coolest dad out there. XD
And...do you mean Hakudoushi? Wait, since you say he's sexy, it can't be Hakudoushi, cuz he's a kid... But he's awesome nonetheless. Like a mini-Naraku. XD Inuyasha villains are cool *nod* :p

inu-chan00
11-14-2004, 04:07 PM
Bankotsu? I love him! XD And yes, there needs to be more Inu-papa cosplayers out there (really nice Inu-papa costume Hikaruchan!). Even though he's only in the movie, he's still the coolest dad out there. XD
And...do you mean Hakudoushi? Wait, since you say he's sexy, it can't be Hakudoushi, cuz he's a kid... But he's awesome nonetheless. Like a mini-Naraku. XD Inuyasha villains are cool *nod* :p
YUP THATS HIM :love: **drools** Not many people cosplay Bankotsu either...I guess since the english eps. with him havent shown yet -___-" mmmmmm long haired bishi goodness XD
Uhhh I wasnt talkin about that kid dude (arrgghhh almost all inuyasha villans come from naraku >__<) hmmm the one that took that monks face,,,,and was naked most of the time....I <3 him.......Hmmmm Rumiko Takahashi has a way to make awsome evil villians XD
Inupapa .......so sexy.............wait........is it ok to think daddys can be sexy and want them for youself :untrust: ..........or do I need to get another bishi in my mind :eeek:

InuPhoenix
11-14-2004, 05:47 PM
bankotsu!!!! ::huggles him:: hee hee^^ ooo! midoriko ne? my friend lexy-cahn wants to tackle that one after her kikyo, impairing her by being izayoi ^^ along with a signs aying thow they are the most over looked yet birthed the two greatist things ^~ lol but first kikyo costumes!! ::punches air:: but yea totally go for it!! also onegai, if you could send me a couple of ideas you used? we're thinking on making the armor out or withger carboard, foam or cloth backed up by super stiff interfacing/ felt. lol ^~

super shiny kagome skirt 00 um if ya wanna, but im more partial fto the non-shiny ^^

inu-chan00
11-15-2004, 12:27 AM
shiny....sometimes not that pretty as they tell you ...dont believe them....THEY LIE! **has personall issues with betraying shiny things**

oHHHH armor making...im definatly waiting somone to post info on that <<has no knowladge of armor makeing what so ever>> gaahhhh....time for bed..bye for now!

keyoume
11-16-2004, 02:06 PM
Hey, is anyone cosplaying Juromaru??? ^_^ I was wondering if I would be the first one...or second...o.o...or maybe third?...x.x I dunno. I thought it would be a fun cosplay because of the muzzle and stuff *shrug* ^^;

InuPhoenix
11-16-2004, 03:03 PM
ooo wow juromaru?! never heard of him being done ^~

R1KKu
11-16-2004, 03:51 PM
Hey, is anyone cosplaying Juromaru??? ^_^ I was wondering if I would be the first one...or second...o.o...or maybe third?...x.x I dunno. I thought it would be a fun cosplay because of the muzzle and stuff *shrug* ^^;

Hehe, no, sorry, I did see one person dress up as him, even had the mask, I thought it was a seqzie costume :love: That's why I wanna make it. And his hair, I love that color.

inu-chan00
11-16-2004, 07:22 PM
oohhh definatly go for it!! Ive never seen it done before besides this jap. cosplayer
http://www2.big.or.jp/~bkmoon2/inu/images/0524.jpg
http://www2.big.or.jp/~bkmoon2/inu/images/Dsc_6837.jpg
It would be ex-o-lent!! Plus Im sure youd have alot of inus want pics with you!!! **including me**

R1KKu
11-16-2004, 09:57 PM
oohhh definatly go for it!! Ive never seen it done before besides this jap. cosplayer
It would be ex-o-lent!! Plus Im sure youd have alot of inus want pics with you!!! **including me**

I like that one, especially the 2nd picture there. Does anyone remember seeing a link somewhere on the forums here that led to a page full of IY cosplayers? I remember seeing Juuroumaru in there, and it was awesome! ...and now I cant find that link. It was some Japanese site. *sigh*

inu-chan00
11-16-2004, 10:39 PM
ummmmm I have no idea with one your talking about but uuhh...is it this one?
http://www2.big.or.jp/~bkmoon2/inu/inu03.htm
if it is just scroll to the bottom of the pg. were it says "GO" itll lead you to more pics ^__^

R1KKu
11-17-2004, 08:54 AM
ummmmm I have no idea with one your talking about but uuhh...is it this one?
http://www2.big.or.jp/~bkmoon2/inu/inu03.htm
if it is just scroll to the bottom of the pg. were it says "GO" itll lead you to more pics ^__^

Yeah thats the one!!! I love that Juuroumaru, and that Sesshy is hot :love:

Thankies!!!

Thats something I want to do, go outside somewhere and get some nice costume pictures with people.

Natty Dread
11-17-2004, 01:09 PM
i have a realllllllyyyyyy big problem: ive manages to convince a group of my buddies to all go as inuyasha characters for animenorth 05. the only problem is, out of the ten of us, i seem to be the only one who knbows how to use a sewing machine!!!!! plus im making the tetsaiga, a soul collecter, a jaken mask, and a whole lotta armor!!! im wondering how the hell i got myself into this mess. any advice to make my job easyer would be greatly appreciated.

inu-chan00
11-17-2004, 01:56 PM
i have a realllllllyyyyyy big problem: ive manages to convince a group of my buddies to all go as inuyasha characters for animenorth 05. the only problem is, out of the ten of us, i seem to be the only one who knbows how to use a sewing machine!!!!! plus im making the tetsaiga, a soul collecter, a jaken mask, and a whole lotta armor!!! im wondering how the hell i got myself into this mess. any advice to make my job easyer would be greatly appreciated.
haha this post brings me back memories with my group ^__^ I had the same exact problem as you but.....I didnt know how to sew and I had 8 friends to do an inuyasha cosplay group @__@
1) Find a parent or someone who's pretty good with sowing to help out
2)commisiion
3)EBAY!
4)Start pretty early on ALL the costumes
5) Have your friends ALL help out together! Even if they dont have much skill to offer its good for them to do little things that will at least make the proccess of the costume go faster

HAHAHa! i wonderd the same exact thing "How did I get myself into this mess" When I had all eight people at my house for the con....and worrying about all thier cosplays -____-' never doing that again :untrust:

Ohhhh your Welcome R1kku....I do admit the seshy is Hawt!

keyoume
11-17-2004, 02:27 PM

*sigh* I haft to get on the computers at school, and the pictures wont show up x_X;....so ...im imagining that there good...oh, and does any one maybe know where I could find the muzzle thing and chains? ^^; for a good price? (forgot to add that last time)

InuPhoenix
11-17-2004, 05:03 PM
oh theya re soo awesome those japanese cosplayers, though i am really jealous of them!! they sell the anime cosplays at cotume stores and all that!! my sis said that they were awesome when she went and she would have got one but they cause like 250$ (american wise ) wayyy too much money @@!

inu-chan00
11-17-2004, 06:02 PM
oh theya re soo awesome those japanese cosplayers, though i am really jealous of them!! they sell the anime cosplays at cotume stores and all that!! my sis said that they were awesome when she went and she would have got one but they cause like 250$ (american wise ) wayyy too much money @@!
Yes.....most japanese cosplayers puy thier cosplays than make them since The cons there They dont have events were you had to make your cosplay, sometimes they will buy thousands of dollars worth for just 1 costume @__@ i wish we had some shops for cosplay down here :untrust:
oh.....and I am also extremely jelous :thumbsup:

R1KKu
11-17-2004, 10:13 PM
Hehe, yeah I was thinking "Wouldnt it be great if someone actually opened up a cosplay shop around here?"

Did some fabric shopping today, got some for Botan and Juuroumaru,hehe.

*sigh* I haft to get on the computers at school, and the pictures wont show up x_X;....so ...im imagining that there good...oh, and does any one maybe know where I could find the muzzle thing and chains? ^^; for a good price? (forgot to add that last time)

The chains shouldnt be too hard, you might wanna go with the plastic ones though, as they are much lighter, unless you go for small metal ones. The mask, hmm, if youre good with clays I suppose you can sculpt it? Im not sure how Ill make mine when the time comes around. Im still looking for a lavender wig.

Natty Dread
11-18-2004, 12:10 PM
[QUOTE=inu-chan00]haha this post brings me back memories with my group ^__^ I had the same exact problem as you but.....I didnt know how to sew and I had 8 friends to do an inuyasha cosplay group @__@
1) Find a parent or someone who's pretty good with sowing to help out
2)commisiion
3)EBAY!
4)Start pretty early on ALL the costumes
5) Have your friends ALL help out together! Even if they dont have much skill to offer its good for them to do little things that will at least make the proccess of the costume go faster[QUOTE]

**sigh** online ordering is out of the question, and my mom is way busy with work. im doing inuyasha by the way. ive told everyone that theyre paying for thier costume material, cuz im very broke. our miroku suggested once i collect the money, he'll get his mom to drive us up to fabricland and get all the material in one go. **shudder** i hope he has a big car. were planning for anime north, so we have to get EVERYTHING done by may. at least the teachers in the tech hall have agreed to let me build the tetsaiga in the auto body class. maybe theyll let my sister (sango^-^) build her boomerang there too. gyah!!!!!! anybody have any tips and stuff for the costumes themselves? im quite a novice.

R1KKu
11-18-2004, 03:00 PM
**sigh** online ordering is out of the question, and my mom is way busy with work. im doing inuyasha by the way. ive told everyone that theyre paying for thier costume material, cuz im very broke. our miroku suggested once i collect the money, he'll get his mom to drive us up to fabricland and get all the material in one go. **shudder** i hope he has a big car. were planning for anime north, so we have to get EVERYTHING done by may. at least the teachers in the tech hall have agreed to let me build the tetsaiga in the auto body class. maybe theyll let my sister (sango^-^) build her boomerang there too. gyah!!!!!! anybody have any tips and stuff for the costumes themselves? im quite a novice.

Do alot of planning, research, blah blah, guessing, maybe some math here and there (babbling). Start off with getting as many reference pictures as you possibly can, google is a good place to start. Printing out the pix helps alot too. I keep a whole binder of pictures. Maybe write down fabric colors for each character, also fabric types, I think for most of the costumes, a cotton blend would be suitable. Dont go with flannel, its evil! That and armor pieces and a big furry fluffy thing and..... *ranting*

For alot of the costumes, you can get away with using actual patterns, say for like kimonos and then cut that in half and you have a top for Inuyasha, or even the bodysuit for Sango's Taijiya (sp?) outfit (demon slayer in case I got the word wrong,lol)

Take a look at other peoples' costumes and how they made them. Doesnt mean you should go and try to duplicate it exactly as theirs down to the centimeter, but it helps to determine such things as fabrics and maybe placement of an accessory or something. That sometimes helps me out.

Weapons are a pain! Evil evil evil! Best thing to do is to draw out small sketches of the weapon, gives you an idea of where a shape or a curve might go, then blow it up, get some big paper and just go at it. Templates for weapons work wonders.

I bet you will spend a whole day at the fabric store,hehe.

Natty Dread
11-18-2004, 03:23 PM
reference pics, check. thanks for the flannel tip.... i was planning out of making my inuyasha outfit out of that. as it stands, im supposed to make:
inuyasha
kikiyou
sesshomaru
miroku
shippo
kagome
jaken ^-^
naraku
and kouga

my sis insists on making her own costume. no bother to me. mirokus seems like the easyest, so i guess ill start there. im gonna try and make a trial pair of hakama as well, ill need the practice, since most of us will be wearing a pair in one form or another....^-^ hoooo-boy, this is gonna be some adventure.

fabric store....hmmmm maybe i should ask andrew to drive more of us there, im not sure we'll be able to carry it all.......

InuPhoenix
11-18-2004, 03:58 PM
HEY I HAVE A FABRIC LAND DOWN HERE!! except i live in Nj...poo...lol

only bad thing about them is that they are expensive! x_x

for the group esspecially, do all of the costumes out of cotton, none of them would be shiny like silk, also get like slightly off-ish colors so they look like they were traveling, except for prolly kikyo.

for the Hakama, i made my own pattern mind you but go on goole and type up 'hakama tutorials' you'll get lots, also check out the kiyo accesories pg (^_^!!) i think if you scan through them you'll find a couple of tutorials and such.

^_^

R1KKu
11-18-2004, 05:34 PM
Hmm, flannel might be ok for Inu, unless youre in a hot climate.I made Kikyou, Inu, and Sesshy from flannel,just cuz it flows nicely, and I wore 2 of them recently (its gettin cold here, somewhat) and Sesshy was the warmest costume with all that armor I had on. Most of those costumes shouldnt be too hard; I must say though, good luck with Sesshy, all those aggravating designs! AhH!!

FarplaneAbyss
11-18-2004, 06:40 PM
I live in New Jersey too ^^ Does anyone know what kind of fabric I should use to make Ayame from InuYasha? For those of you who don't know what she looks like, here's a picture: http://www.inu-yasha.themoon.co.uk/o/ayame/ayame011.jpg

Natty Dread
11-19-2004, 10:59 AM
well, considering the fact that i live in canada, keeping warm might be a good thing. thanks all for your help, now to get a job to pay for the material lol

inu-chan00
11-20-2004, 03:06 PM
Well I wish you best Of luck natalie_bedell on your cosplays! Im sure youll have enought time to do it,,,,I know its not easy planning these sorta things...But since you can sow...Im sure the proccess for you will go wayy faster than for me XD

Eleryth
11-20-2004, 09:09 PM
Thought IY fans would want to know.... there's a costume contest sponsored by VIZ.
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=48656 (has more info; it's been moved to the spam board)

InuPhoenix
11-20-2004, 10:02 PM
except you ahve to be 18 to enter -_- poo i would sooo do that!!!

Infini
11-20-2004, 10:14 PM
Thought IY fans would want to know.... there's a costume contest sponsored by VIZ.
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=48656 (has more info; it's been moved to the spam board)

I would love to enter, but apparently Canadians can't. Oh well. ;_;

-Infini

Hime no Toki
11-21-2004, 10:05 AM
I entered my Sango, I tried to upload on my comp and a friend's comp and it failed on both. >> I had to use my boyfriend's comp for it to somehow work...I swear they have a major glitch on there and I tried to tell them but didn't get a response...as for a passport I dunno how long it takes to get one but should I win...meep. >>

Mystic Blossom
11-21-2004, 10:23 AM
I finally have a pic of my Miroku costume up! Check out my gallery ^^

Natty Dread
11-22-2004, 11:12 AM
Well I wish you best Of luck natalie_bedell on your cosplays! Im sure youll have enought time to do it,,,,I know its not easy planning these sorta things...But since you can sow...Im sure the proccess for you will go wayy faster than for me XD
lol, i still have to get money, but yeah, im pretty good at sewing, so long as the family curse dosnt get me, its like every generation has nailed herself with the needle at least once.

Lyulf
11-23-2004, 10:10 AM
Would love to have entered myself, darn it for excluding Canada in everything :(

Infini
11-23-2004, 05:43 PM
I recently started playing the new Inuyasha game that came out for PS2 and noticed that Inuyasha's sleeves seemed to be more square-shaped, as opposed to a bell(?) shape like in the series. What does everyone think of it? o_O

Would love to have entered myself, darn it for excluding Canada in everything :(

Yeah, I was a little frustrated about that, so I sent them a comment/e-mail thingy about it. If they distribute their DVDs and such to Canada and we purchase them, why don't we get the same chance for such a great contest and prize? I've only bought 12 DVDs by them so far, but at $35-40 a DVD it gets a little expensive.

It's very disappointing that we work just as hard on our costumes but don't get to enter them.

-Infini

R1KKu
11-23-2004, 07:02 PM
I recently started playing the new Inuyasha game that came out for PS2 and noticed that Inuyasha's sleeves seemed to be more square-shaped, as opposed to a bell(?) shape like in the series. What does everyone think of it? o_O
-Infini

I think its becuz of the chibi forms of the characters that make them look all incorrect and weird, but they are so adorable. I lurve Sesshy :love: :heart:

And $35-40 a dvd? I hope thats Canadian currency, cuz I can get them for under $20 US. Ebay is also another option though.

Its really unfortunate for you CN residents not being allowed to enter into the contest. I mean, isnt the English dub recorded in Canada? I want some more competition! LoL

Infini
11-23-2004, 09:36 PM
Yeah, $35-40 canadian for the DVDs. o_O

I haven't gotten to Sesshomaru yet in my game, since I've only had it for a little while. I hope that the chibi forms are the reason for the square sleeves, since I'm already doubtful about how the sleeves are to begin with.

-Infini

inu-chan00
11-23-2004, 09:48 PM
lucky......Im barley at the 2nd village ;__; im so slllllllloooooooow at games .....It scares me....when Im inuyasha im allwayys fighting with kagome! Its scary being satt! ......scares me more than the battles...which I always freak out in...I need to gain the courage to go and play it again....
owch.......35-40$......o__o

Bahzi
11-24-2004, 12:18 AM
I finished my Shippou costume finally, pics are in my gallery...I need to get some ones outside or at least when it's light out, the kimono color isn't right, damn flash. I tried to enter the viz contest, but it wouldn't upload, and I tried my comp, a friends, and the libraries, big glitch. I did email them about it and left a voice mail, I know I'm not the only one who's had problems, I've heard from 4 others that it glitched on them too, so hopefully they'll let me send the pic through email or a link. Here's hoping!

*Edit*

Thanks to Fluffy-Chan I'm entered! Thank you so much! ^^ Good luck to all who entered!

Hikaruchan
11-24-2004, 04:39 AM
Got an email today that just bugged me. The guy is going to be doing InuTaisho for Akon, was asking questions. I am okay with that usually, but his whole tone just kinda pissed me off. Plus he was mentioning stuff that if he had bothered to read the page about the costume, would see it had been addressed. Argh.

Bahzi
11-24-2004, 05:37 AM
I feel you, I get about 3 emails a week asking for help with various things, stuff that's on my page too, or in my gallery. I just don't have the time to answer anymore, it isn't anything personal, I just work a lot and when I'm not I'm usually working on my own costumes or talking to my friends which I rarely get to do anymore. I especially love the ones asking for help on costumes for characters I've never even heard of before...or better yet, ones that have been discussed in no less than 10 threads on here.

Lyulf
11-24-2004, 07:25 AM
I think its becuz of the chibi forms of the characters that make them look all incorrect and weird, but they are so adorable. I lurve Sesshy :love: :heart:

And $35-40 a dvd? I hope thats Canadian currency, cuz I can get them for under $20 US. Ebay is also another option though.

Its really unfortunate for you CN residents not being allowed to enter into the contest. I mean, isnt the English dub recorded in Canada? I want some more competition! LoL

I'm getting my dvd for $25 Canadian , in Ontario, as for the square sleeves I have seen that and believe it is because that is the more accurate shape for that periods outfit.
I wished se could compete I've done the Human Inuyasha and am in midst of getting the white/silver wigs for the half demon , also Have to redo the pant portion of my outfit , I almost lost them a couple times also need to hide a pocket in the outfit too, :thumbsup:

InuPhoenix
11-24-2004, 12:46 PM
lol yea they do look bell shape, but the way the graphics were put together, they needed to do it in sort of a square shape..

this is what you get when you watch you brother play video games

^_^