PDA

View Full Version : Connecticon 2005

Gale
08-31-2004, 11:07 AM
Well, the CTcon '04 thread was getting pretty long...and besides! CTcon '04 is over! We need to get thinking about next year (even though it's over 10 months away :thumbsup: ). Anyway, here's our new CTcon thread guys! =D and even though I know some people already posted in the other thread, what do you plan to do for next year (if you've decided yet, that is!)? I'm planning on doing either Kagome from InuYasha or Lina Inverse from Slayers (if not both!)

esantiago7292
08-31-2004, 02:46 PM
Well, the CTcon '04 thread was getting pretty long...and besides! CTcon '04 is over! We need to get thinking about next year (even though it's over 10 months away :thumbsup: ). Anyway, here's our new CTcon thread guys! =D and even though I know some people already posted in the other thread, what do you plan to do for next year (if you've decided yet, that is!)? I'm planning on doing either Kagome from InuYasha or Lina Inverse from Slayers (if not both!)

im going yay cant wait.....i loved it in 04..wich was like a month or 2 ago
also people we might be setting up a photo shoot for the connecticut cosplayers so if anyone wants to come just go the thread it's in seeking cosplayers

Gale
09-24-2004, 07:37 PM
*looks at the lack of posts* ah well, such is the cosplay off-season :thumbsup:

Gale
10-10-2004, 10:17 AM
well... *talks to no one...>.< lol* I think I've decided: I'm definatly making a Lina Inverse costume for CTcon '05! Idealy, I'd make something else too...but as if I have that kind of time >.< ack...lol, maybe I'll wear one of my old costumes or something...like update my Miaka costume with a wig or something and be Yui...or make some new earrings and use my Yuna costume to be Lenne...or just wear my Kaylee (from Firefly/Serenity) that I have yet to finish >.< lol....

Mew_Pudding
10-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Hey!! I`ll probly be at Connecticon!! ^.^ I`ll have the following costume`s: Juei (Utena), Hanon Hossho 1st Henshin (Pichi Pichi Pitch), Freya (Chobitsu), Primera (Magic Knight Rayearth) and Chiyo-chan (AzuManga Daoih) Dunno which one`s I`ll bring though! I can`t wait for CT! ^____^

JacksUsername
10-14-2004, 12:24 AM
whoa!!! there's a connecticon thread already!! w00t!

haha, i have no idea what I'm going to be wearing for Connecticon, i want to make something that's definetly going to be cool to wear,...swimwear was way too hot last year. Plus I might be trying to get a spot in artist's alley, and the alley last year was like a sauna...>_<

either way, everything' still up in the air, but I want to do at least one anime costume, and then one sci-fi costume. Hopefully I'll my friends will go and we can stay all 3 days, rather than just one this year.

Gale
10-14-2004, 10:31 AM
whoa!!! there's a connecticon thread already!! w00t!

hey, I'm here! of course there's a thread already =P haha

that's cool that you want to be in the artist's alley. I'll definatly come check out your stuff there. I never really looked into that sort of stuff before; what does it involve? do you sell stuff there? or just show your work? or can you do either? I'd never dare to do that with my work! lol...I'm much more confidant in my preforming art talents than visual arts!

JacksUsername
10-15-2004, 11:08 AM
i should have known you'd make the thread, you're like the connecticon expert :-P

as far as artist alley goes, last year they had people charge 50 dollars per table, and then you can bring whatever you like. Some people do it just to help adviertise and get the word out about their art and give out links to sites, while others go for selling the art and also giving out links so people can buy more of their stuff online. The only problem is that you're like secluded from the rest of the con >_<

ou! mew pudding, bring Juei from Utena!! lol , Utena rocks

Mew_Pudding
10-16-2004, 06:52 PM
I`d love too! I bet I can get our whole group to come as our Utena characters! (Anthy, Miki, Utena, Shiori, more to come. =D) I LOVE Utena, it`s so djerned cool! =D

JacksUsername
10-16-2004, 10:56 PM
whoaaaaaaaaaaaa, if you get a utena group i need to get pictures!!

Mew_Pudding
10-17-2004, 06:56 PM
Yay! ^_^ *Runs around in circles with party hat* Hey! If your going to AnimeNEXT, were wearing our Utena costume`s there first! n.n

Adara
10-17-2004, 07:13 PM
Hopefully I'll be able to go to Connecticon next year. x_x

I have nooo idea what I'm going to wear, though. 11 or Polaris from X-Day are possiblities, and improved versions of some of my costumes I wore this year to AnimeNEXT (Kaoru, Nami, and I made an Akane... but didn't get to wear it!! ><) Or maybe I could make an Arwen costume... or a Hogwarts student. Hmm. *goes off to ponder*

JacksUsername
10-18-2004, 01:43 AM
aw, i can't make it to anime next, but be sure to get a many pictures of utena group :-P

ou, sickness, good luck with being able to attend, its a really fun con, last year was my first and it was a blast.

Gale
10-30-2004, 09:24 PM
ok.....so....new idea....I think instead of Lina I'm gunna be Vash (or "vash-ette")...but I don't know...I'll probably be really busy helping my friends make costumes too (one of them wants to be Lime from SMJ and the other is undecided)

omg...I can't decide what to make!!!

I found a really nice wig, actually, that is JUST like Hikaru's (from Rayearth) hair. JUST like it. of course, I'm not all that into Rayearth, but oh well...maybe I can sometime hook up with Kairi G and do a Rayearth group... lol...

also, my "Songstress Yuna 2.0" is comming along =) except for the fact that I sort of broke my necklace >.< it still works, but I have to attach the clasp to just a random tiny link, so its kind of hard to fasten. I found a pretty good wig too. its a bit too puffy and kind of too red-ish brown, and the bangs are fixed so I can't really alter them much, plus I cant decide if I'm going to alter it to be more like FFX-2 Yuna or more or less leave it as is so I can be regular Yuna *shrugs*

hmm...this is slowly but surely getting off topic....

lol, anyway, *heads back on topic* anyone have any ideas for a group or something? it might be able to inspire me to decide what to cosplay ;^^

Mew_Pudding
10-31-2004, 09:30 AM
Oo, Gale, where did you find the Hikaru wig? I woudl like to do a Hikaru sometime in 2006 I believe. n.n ;

Gale
10-31-2004, 12:07 PM
lol, it was at a party store and it's called "funky wig" or something like that. all I have to do to alter it is cut off a little purple strand that hangs down my cheek, maybe cut the short part of it, and braid the long part of it. If I find out the company or something else that might help you find one, I'll be sure to tell you ;)

Mew_Pudding
10-31-2004, 12:40 PM
OO, Thankies!! (I am REALLY bad with wigs. XD; So, the easier the better. n.n ) *Sigh* Connecticon is so far away... v.v At least I`ll have my Juri done by the end of January. >.<

Gale
10-31-2004, 08:43 PM
It looks like (at least as of now) my friend Amy wants to come next year! we'll see if she still is saying the same thing in a few months. my other friend Tiff might be comming too; if she does I'll have to help her with a Lime (SMJ) costume. I hope they can. Then maybe I can ditch my mom compleatly for once and have some more fun! Also, since I'll finally not be comming straight from camp, I can a) come all three days! and b) not be compleatly overtired and running on 0 to 2 hours of sleep (like the past 2 years). maybe I can even drive myself! I'll be 18 by then...although...driving in hartford? *shudders* even more, driving on the high way (to hartford) *shudders more* lol...so, maybe not...but we'll see.

JacksUsername
11-01-2004, 02:05 AM
lol, driving anywhere in new england is definetly shudder worthy.

I was thinking of trying to do a Buffy group...but there isnt really much in the way of costumes, I just like basking in the greatness of Whedon characters, and I was thinking of one of the Gentleman from "Hush". But I still have no clue what I'm doing for sure...

ack. Must think...

Gale
11-01-2004, 09:49 AM
ah, joss. how we love thee. *grin*

Mew_Pudding
11-06-2004, 09:22 AM
Wow, 18? If I had a car (and money) I`d be at cons all over the place. XD; My friends think we should bring our AzuManga Daioh costumes but, I`d rather bring my Juri I think. >.<

Gale
11-09-2004, 08:42 PM
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=233583

collage of connecticon 2004 cosplay pics! =)

well, my car is mostly short distance...its 20 years old ^^; going on 21! (hey, it can legally drink! lol) and because of boarding school I don't get much practice on the road. therefore the highway, among other things, terrifies me. in collage, as long as I have enough money, I plan to go to lots of cons. I also plan to start an anime club (since to my knowledge none of the schools I'm applying to have one yet), but that's another story.

Gale
11-26-2004, 11:40 AM
you know....I've been thinking...maybe I shouldn't bother stressing myself out over a big costume this year and I should just make a Firefly costume to wear. CTcon is anime & sci fi, so it woudln't be nearly as out of place as it will be at AB...and I really want to make a few Kaylee costumes...and the sci fi catigroy tends to have less entrants...besides, I can spread the word about Serenity!!! ;) I should make the chinese jacket one for the contest, unless I have the guts to try and make her pink dress! lol....

since the vast majority of you don't know what Firefly is (other than an amazing show that I love and worship) here's some pics of the costumes I want to try from it:

Kaylee's chinese jacket (http://still-flying.net/images/serenity/index.php?p=serenity183.jpg&pg=3) from episode titled Serenity
maybe Kaylee's fancy dress (http://still-flying.net/images/shindig/index.php?p=shindig143.jpg&pg=2) from Shindig
Kaylee's outfit (http://still-flying.net/images/jaynestown/index.php?p=jaynestown048.jpg&pg=0) (2 (http://still-flying.net/images/jaynestown/index.php?p=jaynestown303.jpg&pg=5)) from Jaynestown
Kaylee's dress (http://still-flying.net/images/themessage/index.php?p=themessage008.jpg&pg=0) (2 (http://still-flying.net/images/themessage/index.php?p=themessage009.jpg&pg=0), 3 (http://still-flying.net/images/themessage/index.php?p=themessage010.jpg&pg=0)) from The Message
and definatly Kaylee's outfit (http://still-flying.net/images/objectsinspace/index.php?p=objects011.jpg&pg=0) (2 (http://still-flying.net/images/objectsinspace/index.php?p=objects241.jpg&pg=4), 3 (http://still-flying.net/images/objectsinspace/index.php?p=objects382.jpg&pg=7)) from Objects in Space

MemoriesofYuna
11-26-2004, 12:37 PM
Horray For CT cosplayers! our FFX crew will probably be poping up on probably 2 out of 3 days lol. il be some form of Yuna and if you have a hard time spotting me i might be toteing a little 9-month-old asian girl dressed as Yuna or Aeris arround with me. (my best guy friend's mom is adopting a little girl from china and im calling her cibi yunie and she will be the newest addittion to our ct cosplay family) lol i wonder how manny people im going to have to tell that she isn't my daughter lol. -Aseret yuna

JacksUsername
11-28-2004, 11:29 PM
cool, memories of yuna, what other ffx charactesr are going to be into your crew.?

the collage is mighty cool, gale. i might bring firefly costumes too, but i'm still not sure...connecticon is definetly the right place though. Go for the fancy dress!! its shiny!

Gale
11-29-2004, 02:07 PM
cool, Go for the fancy dress!! its shiny!

yah, AND IT'S A HOOP SKIRT! omg...all those ruffles....suuuuu pretty, but also SO hard! If I make that one, it will probably be something I spread out over a few summers to make.

MemoriesofYuna
11-29-2004, 06:58 PM
^.^ at the moment i really don't know but i really hope i have my chibi by then so Chibi Yunie can make an appearence. i don't know if im entering the contest or not. if i do im bringing my chibi and tidus with me. ^_^ High summoner Yuna shall blesseth thou! -Aseret Yuna

Gale
11-29-2004, 09:51 PM
anyone try to access the con's site lately? its down for matenence >.< just when I wanted to post a pic for everyone! (see sig) ;D

JacksUsername
11-30-2004, 11:39 PM
looks like its going to be down for a little whiles :( but when the new site launches they will have tons of new info and such ^_^ i'm looking forward to it.

MemoriesofYuna
12-01-2004, 03:18 PM
yhea but the new site will be kool! i want to know the dates. Otakon was released already so CTcon should be soon. this year it was on my birthday. -Aseret Yuna

Gale
12-01-2004, 04:14 PM
looking at a calander, I'd say its going to be the 17, 18, 19 of July, and for once I won't be comming straight from summer camp! yay! lol

MemoriesofYuna
12-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Yay. then us losers can hop on a train and act like idiots up there! i hope theres a bunch of Yunas. i want to see some competition! ^_^ i think at CT con 2006 or AB 2006 i might get a spot in the dealers room instead of Just cosplaying. buy my plushies and help this summoner feed her starving moogle and chibi. ^_^ -Aseret Yuna

Gale
12-01-2004, 09:35 PM
there actually weren't many Yunas there last year; I was surprised to be the only songstress yuna on saterday. I did, however, breifly see a gunner yuna and I hung out with a gunmage yuna durring the competition, and a Lenne too. the one costume there was a lot of, though, was Kagome. then again, it seems like almost every cosplayer dresses as a character from either Inu Yasha, Final Fantasy X/X-2, or both at some point! lol

Gale
12-01-2004, 09:54 PM
ack...correction: (I was looking at a June calendar) CTcon '05 is July 15-17

JacksUsername
12-01-2004, 11:35 PM
cool, gives me a month before otakon ^_^ last year i think there was like only 2 weeks between the conventions..it was insane.

MemoriesofYuna
12-02-2004, 03:33 PM
lol i am a Yuna ALWAYS ^_^ hey it's still on my birthday. and the saturday would be my birthday lol Bless me in the costume competition. hmmm only 3? that's odd i would expect more. *shrug* oh well that means there would have been 4 if i had time. i found out about it this year like a week in advance and was like "if im going then i would need the simplest most braindead thrown together in a week costume ever.... kagome." then was like eh im broke forget it. then realized after making wedding Yuna if i did make kagome it would have been done in time easily *curses luck and empty pockets*

i know this year it was insanely close to otakon. this time i have everything planned out so il see you all at ct con, anime boston and Otakon. -Aseret Yuna

Gale
12-02-2004, 05:27 PM
I almost went to Anime Boston on my 16th birthday. I was going to dress as Aya from Ayashi no Ceres, 'cause it was also Easter (I felt that was sorta meaningfull, comparing the storyline with Aya's 16th b-day & all) but it didn't work out >.<

gosh...I wish I had more time on my hands...and a space for a sewing machine in my dorm room! I want to get going on my costumes! but I don't have a job yet, so my mom still has to basically pay for my supplies so its kind of hard to get anything done >.< I need fabric!!!! gah....

MemoriesofYuna
12-02-2004, 05:37 PM
ugh! i hate that! i just got a job it pays great but my hours SUCK! i only work one day of the week. i wants meh to start on yuna! *cries* seriosuly if i am still not done by THEN (which will NOT HAPPEN seeing as i have a photoshoot in it in march and other Gatherings) Wedding Yuna will be paying the convention a lovely visit. im spazzing out cause im broke and have to start! i have 11 costumes to be done by august! AHHH! this ct con we should have a cosplayer conga line. -Aseret Yuna

Gale
12-03-2004, 09:01 AM
11 costumes? why so many? all for you, or are some commissions? lol...I'd never commit myself to so many in one year! I'm sticking to about 2 per year max so far, but I'd like to be able to do more. we'll see.

MemoriesofYuna
12-03-2004, 03:33 PM
*crys* well otakon 2005. bringing 2 friends. both want to cosplay, neiter know how to sew *crys histerically* and we need to get started soon! i have 2 that need to be done for anime boston then 9 for otakon. im gonna like force them to be random easy characters lol. i thought one of them was gonna be selphie (easy and cheap thank god!) then decided to be Rinoa (NO! NO NO NO!)

Summoner Yuna
wedding Yuna
Gunner Yuna
Mascot Yuna
Dark Knight Yuna
Warrior Paine
Lulu
Rinoa
3 other random ones for Lenne.

*crys* i will never finish in time! (decides to make the ballgown dress and forces Paine to be happy)

well at least il be ready for CT con. then everyone can see my Beautiful Summoner Yuna. that thing is going on a tour for the next 5 years. -Aseret Yuna

Gale
12-04-2004, 02:02 PM
haha, yah, I'm redoing my Songstress Yuna for AB '05 since it was so last minute and such for CTcon '04. I'm still debating weather or not I'll wear a wig, though. I'm growing my hair out, but its not too long for Yuna yet, of course that could be argued. I just don't really like the wig I bougght. *should have brought the supermodle wig, not the starlet wig >.<*

anyway, after that's done with I need to figure out my plans for CTcon. I'm making at least one Kaylee (firefly) costume (see above post for links to pics), but all that entails are top two pair of coveralls/jumpsuits and several shirts, a chinese jacket, then MAYBE a simple-ish dress. I'd love to make her hoop-skirt, but I'm still learning, and with my limited abilities and all that one entails its too much. I can't decide if I should do an anime one too though....we'll see how everything else goes; maybe I'll have a part time job by then and I can afford more fabric, and maybe I'll have enough time to do a simple schoolgirl outfit like Kagome's or something. of course...I might also be making costumes for friends too >.< we'll see...all the firefly ones seem pretty easy, and I'd probably only have to make one more of those for a friend cosplaying as River.

MemoriesofYuna
12-04-2004, 02:36 PM
I love the big poofey dress! Horray for CT con! ive neve been before and the sites down so i can't check the statistics but do you guys know on an average how manny people attend? i know it's rather small i just want to know how small to judge wether i should enter the costume contest or not. thanks! -Aseret Yuna

Gale
12-05-2004, 09:15 AM
well, look at pictures in my gallery of my songstress yuna costume. I won a prize for that. also, in my connecticon section I posted pictures of the winners. It's not a big enough con to have major competition yet but its growing every year. In other words, sure, enter the competition! As long as you're compleatly anal about details, and you didn't make a somewhat easy costume (read: any school uniform) you have a pretty good shot.

edit: here's a link to my pic of the contest winners:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=169761

there were several catigories (most prizes won by cosplay.com members):
anime (adult), anime (under 13-Mew_Pudding), games (adult-Gale), game (under 13), Sci Fi (SpikeSpiegal), 3 judges awards (Michela & Laerry), and original design (not pictured).

there was also a skit competition.

JacksUsername
12-05-2004, 09:23 PM
yeah, its a good size for its location...the con never feels empty or densely populated, but it hasn't reached the point of "way too crowded" yet. The masquerade was nice, a very relaxed atmosphere.

the only problem i had was the artist alley....it was like a sauna, but they moved them later in the day, so it was pretty cool too.

MemoriesofYuna
12-08-2004, 05:48 PM
yay. congrats gale. ok. cause i was planing on entering my Summoner into Otakon but i don't know anymore. oh believe me.... if it's not perfect.... i DIE! and remake it. and so my wedding yuna has met it's tragic End. Yhea i think i might enter. and if i don't win something then i can compete at otakon. yay not to crowded. i understand it's a fairly small area. -Aseret Yuna

Gale
12-08-2004, 09:21 PM
if you do an x-2 costume, I KNOW you'll get extra points for your rat tail. also, remember to smile and work the stage as much as you can. I was lucky enough to come to the con after 2 weeks of acting camp, so my stage prescence was as good as ever, but if you just stand there and turn stiffly like a "deer in headlights" you won't do that well. it's not all the costume quality, but your presentation too.

MemoriesofYuna
12-08-2004, 09:33 PM
yhea i go to acting school every day. i love my tail! sadly i thin were gonna show up in X seeing as were too poor to make yet another costume. im working on summoner now (Litterally) and i think it's gonna turn out great and my ponytail will go forgotten. X-2 will be there the following year and years after however. and im trying to get my Rat tail in full lengh by the time im 19 but im shooting for 2-3 years of growth. it shall grow! IT SHALL GROW! ^_^ it's gonna be so fun to see you guys! CT cosplayers rule! -Aseret Yuna

Lee Anne
12-08-2004, 10:45 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm going. And in costume this time. As what...I have no idea yet. Right now I'm trying to think of a costume that won't permit the freezing off of my a$$ next month in NY.

Gale
12-09-2004, 06:17 PM
well, I'm sure you'll do great. ;) luck to ya! long as you stay in the game catigory.... :untrust:

lol

MemoriesofYuna
12-09-2004, 06:29 PM
lol im totally ANYOLATING the game competition! ^_^ PWN! -Aseret Yuna

Lee Anne
12-09-2004, 09:06 PM
Tee hee...I'm really confused but thanks for the luck wishing...always can use that. Good luck to you guys too. :)

Gale
12-10-2004, 09:00 AM
lol, Lee Anne, sorry! should have specified; I was talking ty Yuna...but good luck in...um...figuring out what costume to make....and not being confused! lol

btw, what are your ideas as of yet? or do you have compleatly no clue what you want to dress as?

Lee Anne
12-10-2004, 10:45 AM
I can make a random guess to what I might have done. Is it just anime based only? It will help me to focus on something after next month.

Gale
12-11-2004, 09:44 AM
no, this one's big on Sci Fi too...but a LOT of the cosplayers are anime/game-themed. next year I'm doing a sci fi theme though (Kaylee Frye from Firefly/Serenity)

MemoriesofYuna
12-11-2004, 10:30 AM
And well... if i don't show up as some form of Yuna.... i die. ive never seen firefly actuaully. this is going to bhe 0one great CT con! -Aseret Yuna

JacksUsername
12-11-2004, 03:30 PM
hehe, you should go watch it memories of yuna, great show :-P yeah, i like the diversity of costume you can find at Connedticon, I love anime cons and all, its just nice to see some more variety some times.

MemoriesofYuna
12-11-2004, 03:57 PM
yhea. and not AS many yuna's. lol. Horray for scifi! yhea it is good to see more things but then theres more asking "what are you suppoused to be?"s. i think it's gonna be grand! il make sure to drag man rikku allong with me. -Aseret Yuna

Gale
12-11-2004, 10:08 PM
I think I already said this somewhere, but some year I want to drag my dad along & we can dress as Samantha & Caleb Carter from Stargate SG1! XD He's actually pretty amused with most of the sci fi stuff I watch, too, so it makes it more fun. I doubt he'd go out of his way to watch any of it, but he's glad to see it with me when I am.

MemoriesofYuna
12-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Im shoving my daddy into a lord braska costume ^_^ i don't know if he would come to CT con though. my dad loves Sci-fi. I think a gathering of the Yuna's is in order this year ^_^ -Aseret Yuna

Lee Anne
12-11-2004, 11:33 PM
no, this one's big on Sci Fi too...but a LOT of the cosplayers are anime/game-themed. next year I'm doing a sci fi theme though (Kaylee Frye from Firefly/Serenity)

Terrific! Thanks so much. There were so many anime costumes I was seeing last year, I couldn't tell what I should decide on. I won't make any guesses untill after next months convention.

The Firefly costume sounds cool btw! :cool:

chou-dono
12-12-2004, 07:20 PM
did anyone see as chou the sword hunter with black hair that kinda had droopy spikes?

Gale
12-22-2004, 09:26 AM
to quote my exat reaction....

*squeeky voice* OOH! It's up!!! =D

don't ask...anyway!!! The new connecticon website is up!!! it's not much...but the one big piece of info they have so far is: a new location!!!! They're gunna be in the brand spankin' shiny new Hartford Convention Center!!! exciting, ne? I so can't wait!!!

smellme37
12-22-2004, 02:43 PM
wow, thats funny because I was just talking to my friend, as we drove through Hartford the other day, about when they might decide to move the con to the new convention center. I figured it wouldn't be for a few years. Oh well, I think I'm gonna miss the old location, but I can't really complain about having more room.

GO CONNECTICON !!!

MemoriesofYuna
12-24-2004, 12:57 PM
*squeeeeeee!* *runs off to the new site* oh that sounds wicked it's gonna be alot bigger this year!

EDIT: SCORE! IT'S ON MY BIRTHDAY AGAIN! i think well be getting a hotel this year. so if the competition is on saturday it will be on my birthday ^_^ YUNA SHALL BE 15! -Aseret Yuna

Gale
12-30-2004, 02:38 PM
=P Anime Boston '03 was on my 16th birthday....of course it was also on Easter (yes, my 16th b-day fell on Easter, and no it was not cool; it sucked because everyone had plans!) so my plans to dress as Aya from Ayashi No Ceres (for my 16th b-day, on easter...get it? lol) were foiled >.<

anyway....*sees Yuna's con planner*HEY! the 2005 planner is up? since when! *goes to edit hers*

MemoriesofYuna
01-05-2005, 03:27 PM
^^ score gale! go con planer! oh wow birthday on easter! that must have sucked. my birfday ish on ct con ohhh yes! Were trying to plot this out and how were gonna bake it to CT con (we have all our money in for Otakon and arent gonna have cahs for a hotel.) *ponders* hmmm.... they have 24 hour programing.... *plots* -Aseret Yuna

Gale
01-06-2005, 07:36 AM
;) I'm sure you'll figure something out. you are, in fact, the amazing Yuna with the real rat-tail! lol

MemoriesofYuna
01-06-2005, 01:30 PM
^^ awww thanks gale! my friends are like "we dony need a hotel they have 25 hour programing we can just stay there for all 3 days and take naps in the anime screening rooms" nad im like "THERE IS NO WAY IN THE FARPLANE WE ARE DOING THAT!" 3 days without a showers sounds ickey to me XD. my rat tail doesnt like the summer either *pets it* it's so humid. *ponders how to bribe mother into driving her there all 3 days XD. Im sure all us CT cosplayers are gonna have a bundle full of fun! -Aseret Yuna

Gale
01-10-2005, 06:34 PM
i'm actually trying to figure out what i should do for overnights too...I live an hour away from Hartford, and I don't like driving at night, and I especially don't like driving on the highway....but I don't want my mom to come with me, since I'll be 18....but if I bring my friend she can only come for part of the time....so I don't know what to do....I can't share a room with any cosplayers 'cause that would tell my mom I've been chatting with you people online...and she'd like ground me until I'm 30 (as if she's ever grounded me before, but she'd at least take away my internet for the whole summer)....so I don't know what I'm going to do...maybe I can talk to my friend from Karate, but I'm not sure that would work out either >.<;;;

sephygoth
01-11-2005, 09:50 AM
i'm actually trying to figure out what i should do for overnights
I'm prob gonna avoid that all together and go for Sat only(at least that I hope)...unless friends have a room might just visit for my first CTcon ^^ but really wanna go this time :dance:

Gale
01-11-2005, 10:02 AM
yah, see, I've been only sat. the past 2 years because of other things I do around that time...but I'm not doing them this year, so I have the time to go all three days...and I really want to!!!

btw...you're making a gourry costume? I'm planning on making a Lina costume fro '06!!! (if not this year) If I do get it done, we definatly have to hook up for a photo shoot or something ^_^

Mupuppy
01-13-2005, 10:10 AM
Anyone Going As A Inuyasha Person.....I'm Going As Sango (Battle) With Hirakotsu(Boomerang) If Weapons Secerity Permits ^_^

Mystic Blossom
01-14-2005, 12:39 PM
I think I'm going. Not quite sure as who yet, though...

Gale
01-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Anyone Going As A Inuyasha Person.....I'm Going As Sango (Battle) With Hirakotsu(Boomerang) If Weapons Secerity Permits ^_^

I might (BIG might there) be going as Kagome for one day...if I do it will be Friday or Sunday, most likely. It depends on how many other costumes I get done. I also want to make a Lina Inverse (slayers) costume, and (since CTcon is Sci Fi too) I've got a character I want to make a few costumes of from a sci fi show I love called Firefly (check further back in the topic and you'll find reference pictures). When summer gets here I'll have a better idea of what will be happening. Hope to see you there ;)

MemoriesofYuna
01-16-2005, 03:37 PM
Well our plans have definately changed XD. if i DO enter the costume competition i thnik my chances just went down due to the fact that my rat tail is now gone *points to gallery* but im dragin Tenjoue with me and i think were going to try and make a profit on friday and sunday with Selling Moggle hug's for $1 each in my mascot Yuna. no clue yet but were going on a tour with mascot and i think we will be hitting CT con. i do hope they update the site soon. We need to start working and need more details and such :#. we should have a little cosplay.com gathering out of the like... 7 of us here XD -Aseret Yuna

Gale
01-16-2005, 06:43 PM
were going to try and make a profit on friday and sunday with Selling Moggle hug's for $1 each in my mascot Yuna.

be carefull with that; I know that sort of thing isn't allowed at Anime Boston according to their TOS. Check over the site before you decide on that....AB doesn't even let you do soliciting for free hugs, let alone paied ones, and even though CTcon is a different con entirely, I'm still not sure it would work out.

also...I saw your gallery! I think you chose to do the right thing. That rat tail would have gotten annoying. I'm proud of you for keeping it so long though ;) and I LOVE your new haircut!!!

I would love to do an unoficial gathering of cosplay.com members, probably Saterday at some point. I don't know yet if I could attend (depending on weather or not my parents come or not) but I still think its a good idea.

sephygoth
01-16-2005, 09:35 PM
forgot about the 24 hr showing skedule! WOOt!
might be there longer and it be summertime! ^^
will be out at night terrorizing nighttime locals too....

Gale
01-18-2005, 09:37 AM
THERE'S MORE! THRE'S MORE!!! The Site's been updated!!! http://www.connecticon.org/

MemoriesofYuna
01-18-2005, 04:45 PM
*Jumps up and clicks heels*!!! SCORE! yay yay yay! CT con is love! ^^ im like 99% sure were going to attend this year. who's attending with us? dunno! but me and paine will surely pop up ^^ that's a large dealers room! *pokes arround* hmmph. this year i might... NOT show up as yuna :O! were orginizing and one of my other costumes might make an apearance XD. be about your wits im a sneaky one i am. i wonder who's going to be the guests this year. i missed who was there last year.

^^ oh thanks! i decided to be cute for the pics! yhea an onoficiol cosplay.com gathering ^^ poocha! -Aseret Yuna

Gale
01-19-2005, 09:59 AM
ATTN: Connecticon Firefly Cosplayers!

so...Jacksusername has seemed to have gone MIA...but to any of the rest of you who are planning on cosplaying as Firefly characters...er...please say its not just me Kairi & our MIA Jack....check out this: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=940158

it's a place to discuss our skit ideas. lets get planning people! Also, anyone who has any ideas for us, feel free to interject suggestions ;)

chou-dono
01-20-2005, 02:58 PM
anyone going as a naruto character? im trying to go as iruka.

Gale
01-20-2005, 05:33 PM
oooh....I've really wanted to make a Naruto costume lately, however I've never read/watched it....I just met someone last year at the con that was the guy who reads dirty books, and between him & some of the cosplay I've seen in the galleries, I really want to make a Sakura costume...I even took a quizilla quiz (always the best to do it BEFORE you really know anything about the series/characters/etc.) and I got her as who I'm most like :thumbsup: I don't want to overload myself, though, so I won't say that I am yet. It might be a possibility though....

Gale
01-21-2005, 06:27 PM
so, I'm an idiot...a compleat and utter careless idiot: I just deleated my whole CTcon 2003 album by mistake. I was trying to deleat my "Anime Boston: Comming Soon!" album, 'cause the thumbnail glitch was affecting it, and I just ended up deleating my CTcon album instead. I'm so upset with myself right now.

Anyway, to make my point, does anyone have any pictures of CTcon 2003? I lost all but 3 that I had saved on my laptop. I probably have some at home on my other computer, but I'd like to get more pics back up before then. I'd credit & all, and be MUCH abliged.

MemoriesofYuna
01-22-2005, 01:02 AM
i would so give them to you and all gale but i wasnt there ><. nor would i have had a camera! im going to be taking at least 200 pictures like a day this year. me and my many memory cards and massive amounts of bateries.

totally off topic and such but gale where do you go to school? you mentioned a while back that you were away from home so do you go to bording school? does that require alot of you? ive been thinking about that alot and i would love it if you pmed me about it ^^ -Aseret Yuna

esantiago7292
01-26-2005, 08:34 PM
yeah hello everyone....i cant wait for connecticon....in 2004 we couldent find the building it was in because they didnt put signs up...lol it was so emberessing

JacksUsername
01-27-2005, 11:25 PM
wow, the new site looks spiffy. hm, its looking a lot more professional now, I hope the forums go up soon, I might try and get a hotel room for the weekend now, considering I"ll be able to get a bus that will go there. Not sure if my friend from last year will be able to make it, I hope he will.

I only have like 6 pictures from last Connecticon in my gallery, the rest of my photos came out really bad from poor exposure, especially the masquerade shots, so I just put most of the ones that came out in my gallery.

Mystic Blossom
02-09-2005, 07:26 PM
Meh, I'm such a loser. I've made a definite decision of what costume I'll be wearing. Mab, from Merlin. I figure this is pretty much a sci-fi con, so I wanna do something sci-fi/fantasy!

ShinobiHime
02-09-2005, 07:31 PM
I'm going to try my best to be there, for sure!
Hopefully, I'll have Ame Force's hoopskirt done in time! :heart:

MemoriesofYuna
02-09-2005, 08:51 PM
SHime i must tell you. your Cirqu De Soilient Cosplay PWNZ MY SOUL! im doing the White Singer From Alegria... eventuauuly as always ^^. Im smelling reused cosplay for me! -Aseret Yuna

esantiago7292
02-09-2005, 08:53 PM
hey anyone know who i should cosplay as? i wouldent mind going with a group or doing some of of a skit

ShinobiHime
02-09-2005, 10:32 PM
SHime i must tell you. your Cirqu De Soilient Cosplay PWNZ MY SOUL! im doing the White Singer From Alegria... eventuauuly as always ^^. Im smelling reused cosplay for me! -Aseret Yuna
Oh, thank you so much!! You're very sweet to say such kind things! :)
Do you think you'll be wearing a Cirque costume to Connecticon?
(Make sure to take part in the Otakon 05 Cirque group if you can!)
Thanks again!

chou-dono
02-13-2005, 02:33 PM
you should GO AS A MEMBER FROM NARUTO

wazaloo
02-17-2005, 09:20 AM
My sister and I are going to cosplay as Piyoko and Dejiko, respectively, from DiGi Charat. I'm having some second thoughts now, as it seems like Connecticon is more about gaming and comics. Any anime there seems to be, as someone said already, "sci-fi" related. However, I've already booked tickets and everything, so I'll definately be there!

Gale
02-17-2005, 10:42 AM
My sister and I are going to cosplay as Piyoko and Dejiko, respectively, from DiGi Charat. I'm having some second thoughts now, as it seems like Connecticon is more about gaming and comics. Any anime there seems to be, as someone said already, "sci-fi" related. However, I've already booked tickets and everything, so I'll definately be there!

it may be advertised like that, but truely its not (least not in my experiance and I'm a CTcon oldbie). The costume contest especially is usally dominated by anime characters and they have plenty of anime related stuff to do. yes, they do have sci fi stuff too, but all that's just a fun plus to those super-geeky ones of us that like that too. ;)

wazaloo
02-17-2005, 12:16 PM
it may be advertised like that, but truely its not (least not in my experiance and I'm a CTcon oldbie). The costume contest especially is usally dominated by anime characters and they have plenty of anime related stuff to do. yes, they do have sci fi stuff too, but all that's just a fun plus to those super-geeky ones of us that like that too. ;)

Oh, great!! ^_^

Don't get me wrong, I love sci-fi! Also, in fact, I actually am a bigger fan of sci-fi than anime, and more a fan of comics than manga (I know, I should be shot!) Hee, I was just worried about walking around in a super-chibi outfit when there's a bunch of the more serious sci-fi things going on. :jjacks:

Mystic Blossom
02-17-2005, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I was originally planning to go as Usagi from Sailormoon (an artbook image) but then I decided to do something non-anime, not really because it's advertised as a Sci-Fi convention, but because I'm going to so many other cons this year that ARE dominated by anime. But in the end, it's up to you. You can show up as Legolas at an anime convention, and those that give you lip about it just aren't worth your time. Likewise, you could show up as anime character at a sci-fi convention, and no one important will really care.

Gale
02-17-2005, 05:58 PM
Yeah, I was originally planning to go as Usagi from Sailormoon (an artbook image) but then I decided to do something non-anime, not really because it's advertised as a Sci-Fi convention, but because I'm going to so many other cons this year that ARE dominated by anime. But in the end, it's up to you. You can show up as Legolas at an anime convention, and those that give you lip about it just aren't worth your time. Likewise, you could show up as anime character at a sci-fi convention, and no one important will really care.

that's exactly my feeling about it! back when I thought I was going to Anime Boston, I was thinking about weather or not to wear my Kaylee (Firefly) costume and discussing weather or not to meet a group there and do anything together...but for many reasons that didn't work out and planns changed...but ulitmately we changed the group to meet at ctconn, where a sci fi costume would be so much more welcome. had I time I'd love to showcase an anime costume too, but I honestly don't!

actually, if I have time, and we don't end up getting our act together enough to enter a skit into the competition, I'll try to make a Lina Inverse costume, since I've been wanting to since I was 14 (*ghasp* almost 4 years? :mfg: ) and I think it would show off more ability in a contest (if I can pull it off)...of course, entering into the sci fi catigory would almost guarentee me a prize, if they acknowladge the catigory, since it will be so sparse...but I so need another excuse to buy another wig! lol

Gale
02-17-2005, 05:59 PM
*screams* :mfg: THE SITE'S UP!!!!!

http://www.connecticon.org

Gale
02-20-2005, 03:01 PM
not to tripple post or anything...but you guys are being so quiet =P and I've got some BIG news from the OB!!!!

Just thought I'd poke my head in here for a second. I would recommend any groups thinking about cosplaying as a group to seriously considerate, as it could let you participate in an event I am planning at this year's con.

More details once I get these monkeys to stop throwing poo at each other and write me up a decent set of rules.....

I know I'm in a group....but just to encourage more of you to do the same!

also, FYI, I might only be there Friday and Sat. now, 'cause I've got a summer camp reunion to go to on Sunday...but it's near Hartford...so maybe.... :rolleyes:

MemoriesofYuna
02-20-2005, 05:01 PM
Oh, thank you so much!! You're very sweet to say such kind things! :)
Do you think you'll be wearing a Cirque costume to Connecticon?
(Make sure to take part in the Otakon 05 Cirque group if you can!)
Thanks again!

oh i wish! there is a possibility but it is a verrrry slight one ><. and i wont attempt it at all until i get my serger. but if i find the materials to make a cage skirt then there is quite the possibility that i might but such a difficult costume epp i dont know! if i can i would love to though! otakon is booked by my high summoner yuna and my gunner yuna for my ff group ><. but im so glad to see people cosplaying from cirque i love it so much! ^^

i cant get the site to work eeeeeeeeep! -Aseret Yuna

Gale
02-20-2005, 05:43 PM
i cant get the site to work eeeeeeeeep! -Aseret Yuna

actually all that's up are the forums, and the printable registration form and flyer. of course, if you don't have soem sort of flash or java thing, you may be able to use even less....

edit: *pokes* you just joined the forums!!! *forum-stalks* te-he ^_^

*sigh* there goes my position as top poster! :rolleyes:

edit2: this is the 100th reply!!! yay! :bigtu:

MemoriesofYuna
02-20-2005, 06:01 PM
yay piano squall is playing! i LOVE piano squall! and i am fully registerd in the forums and slaping myself for not getting the name Yuna ><. -Aseret Yuna

Gale
02-20-2005, 06:05 PM
lol, its still not too late, you know =P you can tell the mods to deleat your original username...

at the same time, "MemoriesOfYuna" is you, just like I am "Gale." If people come over from cosplay.com or cosplaylab, or livejournal (ok, so I have a second username there that isn't gale, but my first one was, and I changed it 'cause of a stalker! lol...long story...) they'll know who you are. I think you should be happy with your much more unique username that you have, because not just any Yuna tries to grow her own rat tail! ;)

MemoriesofYuna
02-20-2005, 06:11 PM
lol i know XD i am the memoriesofYuna but i just realized in a forum where the name was possible i didnt get it XD. oh well. ^^ i MISSSS MY TAIL! *feels the back of her head* no not just any yuna grows it.... it takes a verrrrrrrry stupid yuna to try ><. haha you stalk me on the forums i stalk you on lj ^^. i can't wait for my first CT con! next year my little face will be on that thing in your signature as well :P*even though you should just add me anyway cause im kool*. i love the forum setup! it's justliek cosplay.com! they just dont have a custom icon thing and no yuna icons >< -Aseret Yuna

edit on the moy thing: the funny thing is that i think i spell memories wrong and am to lazy to check :P.

Gale
02-20-2005, 06:19 PM
*getting very off topic* well, when I used to frequent the AnimeNations forumes back when I was 14 I registered "SorceressLina" and then realized that both "Lina" and "Lina Inverse" were open. so I registered them too! of course, I only ever used "SorceressLina (I'm so bad!), but back then I was SorceressLina and I became known as the "Queen Of Randomness" and I had a following and all sorts of fun stuff....but that's just getting WAY unecisarilly OT....so....back to CTcon....

I've been wondering...do you have plans for next year? I sooo want to start doing fun group things...and maybe you, me, Mew_Pudding, and some other cosplay.com-ers (you're all here, so feel free to speak up!) could plan some big fun group thing!!! (If we choose Sailor Moon I call being Sailor Moon! XD *has been her dream group cosplay since she was 10*) :thumbsup:

MemoriesofYuna
02-20-2005, 06:25 PM
well it's a yuna thing with me XD always have to do yuna. it actuaully feels verry lonely without it and attending things and seeing all the other yunas gets me down. but in the event of sailor moon DIBS ON VENUS! (i think im gonna grab the name yuna while i can :P) i would love to do a group thing one day though ^^. our ffx/x-2 group travels arround everywhere id be great to be in a group of something different with you guys. -Aseret Yuna

Gale
02-20-2005, 06:47 PM
I know what you mean. I've always wanted a trademark character, but all the ones I could possibly do are far too popular! I'd consiter Yuna...but her costumes are mostly too detailed....Idealy I'd love to try to get a SM group together...but my hair's too short >_< (darn my rash impulse decision to cut and donate 10 inches to LOL and the hairdresser who cut 12 to make it even in the back!! lol...)

MemoriesofYuna
02-20-2005, 06:52 PM
been there done that ><! ^^ im just UBBERLY obsessive with yuna hence she's become my trademark(once i can make a deacent costume ><). Then again you would make a greeeeeat Rikku ^^*patheticlly trys to get you to cosplay ffx rikku for random ctcon so Aseret yuna wont be lost in the sea of gunner Yuna's* im so excited that piano squalls going to play! i wonder what workshops are going to be there. XD im gonna end up like haveing a little party there cause the 16th is my birthday! BIRTHDAY PARTY AT CT CON! -Aseret Yuna

Gale
02-20-2005, 06:55 PM
hmm....I've consitered Rikku in the past...but while I won't say I'm fat ('cause I have enough sense to realize I'm not) I'm not skinny enough to do half her costumes >_<

I'll think about it though ;) she'd be a lot of fun....its only too bad I never got my Rikku & Paine & Lulu to cosplay....but I'd gladly be your Rikku!

MemoriesofYuna
02-20-2005, 07:03 PM
That'd be so much fun ^^. yay cosplay groups! we dont really have a rikku. we have a yuna a paine and a lenne/lulu XD.

I can only wonder what theyre talking about when they hinted about that with the cosplayers. im wondering what event they could possibly do with a bunch of cosplayers thats selective like that. another great reason you should be our rikku. we dont have a full group. Yuna, lulu then random gap seeing as no one wants to be rikku >< and a lenne from a totally differnet game. any ideas on what their doing? i mean i know when i get their im gonna run arround and attack piano squall like a little fangirl and shove cake down everyones throughts since it's my birthday and am naturaully going to be cought off gaurd if it's something candid ><. -Aseret Yuna

Gale
02-20-2005, 07:07 PM
well, depending on when it is, I may have to set my loyalty with Kairi G and Jacksusername for my Firefly group. I started it, so I have to stick with it...but we'll see. If I have enough time (since I'm making my Kaylee costume in March) I might make a Rikku costume too to wear on Friday with you ;)

MemoriesofYuna
02-20-2005, 07:17 PM
^^ id be great if you could! i really need to watch that show. where are all the other people on this forum?! >< *doesnt want this to turn into spam* i wonder if theyre secretly having like a Cosplay Idol or something of that matter on the day? this is going to mess with my head now ><! im really excited to go this year seeing as this ones so close(and i only have to sit 45 min on a train to get there each day as apposed to driving 8 hours to otakon and spending 5 nights in the hotel)

it's going to be slightly bigger this year as well ^^. im glad. Ever since last time ive missed all the other NE cosplayers. have 3 reasons to celebrate! at con, seeing people i miss, birfday! -Aseret Yuna

Gale
02-20-2005, 07:32 PM
=P yesh, your b-day....*is so regretting that she couldn't spend her 16th b-day on Easter at Anime Boston dressed as Aya from Ayashi no Ceres* (a perfect cosplay opertunity like that only comes once in a lifetime, if even at all!!!)

it's an hour for me, driving. I've hardly driven at all alone before, never on the highway alone!!! I so need to practice before I go. I'm thinking of getting a job at JoAnne's across the river (and therefore highway bridge) from my town to force myself to get used to it. its the same rout to go to the mall, and its not that hard....but...the good part is I DON'T HAVE TO HAVE MY MOM TAGGING ALONG AFTER ME!!!! omg...sooo exciting. if only I can convince my friends to come with me so I don't have to be alone alone....just only-licenced-driver alone.

also....as creator of this thread....I say this is so not spam! we say something on topic at least once every three posts :thumbsup:

MemoriesofYuna
02-20-2005, 07:49 PM
XD!!! every 3 post lol. *trys to keep as on topic as possible*

Yhea weve decided to bring a cake with yuna on it and hand out cake to everyone we know/ every other random cosplayer we see XD. the Yuna cake with a picture of Yuna and tidus slaped on it. some people get married at cons i have my birthday XD.

*wants a liscence* the competitions and such are on saturday right? they havent posted yet but usually they are and asking those from last year. (sats my birthday to!) we want to enter the skit competiotn and our otakon skit drained all our genius ><, -Aseret Yuna

Gale
02-20-2005, 08:23 PM
ah, well, I'll be Kaylee for Sat (at least for the comeptition portion). weather or not we have a skit depends on how soon Kairi and Jack get back to me and if we can manage to drag anyone else along...but if you're there any other time, I'll be glad to wear a Rikku costume with your group (if I can manage to make one, that is)

btw, before I forget....that pic I used for the yellow stripe of your banner is my FAVORITE pic in your entire gallery. I just wanted to let you know ;)

esantiago7292
02-20-2005, 08:26 PM
I still dont know who im going as....Well at last years con did anyone see the guy who played Chewbacca? OMG he was REALLY tall and he looked like he just walked out of a basement after 2 years. No offence to hm because he's greatness

Gale
02-20-2005, 08:31 PM
I know there was a Chewbacca, but I'm not a big starwars fan, so I wouldn't have paid him much mind....

hey, did anyone else notice they got Tiffinay Grant for one of the guests this year!!! I'm not a huge fan or anything, but I'm just psyched to see a VA's name that I recoginze on the guest list!!! we're movin' up in the world of con's! just a little while ago, people were saying "ctcon? eww...you mean that tiny, lame con in hartford?" (although, I always corrected them and never agreed with such things) and now we have a well known VA as a guest!!!! *tear* I'm so happy!!

edit: OK! I am going to do work NOW! lol....

Aseret, it was fun ;) but now my increasingly little time for my history term paper and other homework calls :sulk:

MemoriesofYuna
02-20-2005, 08:41 PM
^^ i love that picture to! i wish i were wearing my real yuna as opposed to my gheto yuna XP. that was one of the one good pics my old stinkey camera took! my fave on the banner is either the orange one or the blue one ^^! if you can be our rikku i would be verry much happy! XD im so handing out party hats and such on my birthday XD. our genius of skits is gone ><! alllll the random in my body went into otakon, me and lenne are gonna od kareoke ^^. yay for my first ct con on my 15th birthday!-Aseret Yuna

esantiago7292
02-20-2005, 08:44 PM
I know there was a Chewbacca, but I'm not a big starwars fan, so I wouldn't have paid him much mind....

hey, did anyone else notice they got Tiffinay Grant for one of the guests this year!!! I'm not a huge fan or anything, but I'm just psyched to see a VA's name that I recoginze on the guest list!!! we're movin' up in the world of con's! just a little while ago, people were saying "ctcon? eww...you mean that tiny, lame con in hartford?" (although, I always corrected them and never agreed with such things) and now we have a well known VA as a guest!!!! *tear* I'm so happy!!

edit: OK! I am going to do work NOW! lol....

Aseret, it was fun ;) but now my increasingly little time for my history term paper and other homework calls :sulk:

I dont think they were saying " That small con in Hartford?" I think they were saying "Where the heck is Connecticut?" And belive me that has happened before. I think there should be more cons in either Connecticut..

FarplaneAbyss
02-20-2005, 09:04 PM
I'm going to Connecticon, My dad said we're going to rent out a hotel and stay there for about three days. I get to go to the Con alone while my dad and my sister go out ^^.
I'm doing this group-thingie with Aseret Yuna ^^.
I think this is the Conn I'm seeing her at..-looks at Yuna-

MemoriesofYuna
02-20-2005, 09:19 PM
Yessum! and ye are to partake of the coke on my birthday! i think that group got canceld though lana ><. yay party! we need to get a hotel/motel thing to..... were kinda screwed there seeing as were broke before otakon unless we decide to travel adn save cash ><. -Aseret Yuna

esantiago7292
02-21-2005, 07:25 AM
LOL i only live a few towns away so i can go to Connecticon and dive back every day. Thats what i did last con.

Gale
02-21-2005, 02:44 PM
hmm....had I the money and did I live any farther away, I'd rent a hotel, but as it is I live only an hour down I-95 (via I-84) and I'll probably have to drive a friend who can only come on Sat. and as if my parents would let me stay in a hotel with near-strangers in hartford....*grumble* lol....

MemoriesofYuna
02-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Yhea. >< i hate being 14 and such simply cause i can't get a hotel room on my own and have to drag parents or someone 18 and over there with me. ><!! like my mom's coming with us to otakon and is gonna wonder arround baltimore for 3 days. i really just wish there was more of a way for younger cospalyers to get arround you know? Were pondering hacking up the money for the Marriot thats built into the center or just being little hobo's and chillin at motel 6 XD. i think my mom would trust us in a hotel with near strangers due to the fact it's a convention but im basically screwd there. oh well if all else fails we'll live at the con and bring my hair straightener and lots of deoderant ^^.
(im showing up to a con one day as the deoderant fairy and handing out sticks of deoderant and axe to the smelly fanboys of america)

their being oh so secretive about this event ><! and it's DRIVING ME CRAZYYY!!!! it makes me think that theyre not giving it away to us cosplayers so it will be really candid. >< candid things SUCK with me! Secretive psychos! ><! (yes yuna most know everything) *falls out of chair laughing at your signature* -Aseret Yuna

Gale
02-21-2005, 08:00 PM
oh well if all else fails we'll live at the con and bring my hair straightener and lots of deoderant ^^.

CTcon has 24 hour programing ;) :rolleyes:

*falls out of chair laughing at your signature*

*sigh* I'd have a post about it in my gallery, but my friend Amy's roommate Irene (who graciously took a pic of me last night) has yet to e-mail me the pictures. I wouldn't be so worried except for the fact that she also still hasn't e-mailed me the pictures she took of us at Halloween either....

in any case, before I've lost the newness and excitement so much that I forget to tell the story...last night I tried (as I've been doing once a month for the past 5 months) to put my hair in odangos...and when I found that I could, I got all giddy and shoved on a sweatshirt (so people wouldn't think I'm a freaky wierd anime/asian-loving geek....dispite the fact that that's common knowledge anyway...) and ran over to Amy's hall to show off to her...and Irene and their neighbor Tina were there giving help to Rae who's in our physics class...and dispite the fact that all but Amy are asians, only Amy was unphased by my hyper-active-usagi-ness. Rae asked me a q about our physics project and insisted that I calm down and breath (when I was acting perfectly normal & fine and was so not out of breath! lol) and then I made Irene take a picture of me. Then I yelled at Amy in chinese to "shut up" (with Irene's help, of course) but that's another story all together :thumbsup:

MemoriesofYuna
02-21-2005, 10:09 PM
That's so special gale ^^!

has anyone ever done that before? lived at the con? ive never heard of it! id be perfectly fine with living there and taking a nap in an anime screening room or a hallway XD. Doooooont think my Costumes would like it though. Even if the Bow of my obi is a pillow. and were probably gonna have to change sooner or later. Sunday we might parade about in our inuyasha atire ^^.

Hotels and Chibi's DONT MIX! and were gonna rave it up to >< gonna want a shower and some febreeze after that. yay! i get to rave on my birthday! i think they would end up kicking us out at some point. hmmm.... if theres like 5 of us a full weekend and hotel would be like $50 each. could happen. NEED MORE PEOPLE!

Due to our little Inuyasha obsession we might be Extra Cliche and wear those costumes on sunday with a whomping Cliche overdrive of FFX and Inuyasha. ^^ what more can you expect from us?! were US! -Aseret Yuna

Gale
02-21-2005, 10:10 PM
I know I should be the one to answer this and not ask it, since I was there last year, but does anyone have any idea when the Rave is gunna be? I want to go, but I can't stay too late 'cause I've got to drive home and it takes an hour....luckilly aside from the in the city stuff its a familiar rout (I just haven't driven it much....) but I'm still hesitant on staying out too long. I'd like to plan it so I'm home well before midnight!

Lee Anne
02-22-2005, 01:08 AM
Hey...me again...hadn't posted in ages...I'm so glad I didn't find a group of any kind and jump in...I said I was going a while back. Well...what happened..was...fate smiled down on us and we found we could afford to go to San Diego Comi con...and the two overlap each other. Obviously, my honey is more leaning towards Comi con because...well...we had a bad experiance...I said we had a bad experiance... :thumbsup: I'm still gonna lurk here after Conneticon...I wanna see pics! :)

smellme37
02-22-2005, 11:33 PM
I know I should be the one to answer this and not ask it, since I was there last year, but does anyone have any idea when the Rave is gunna be? I want to go, but I can't stay too late 'cause I've got to drive home and it takes an hour....luckilly aside from the in the city stuff its a familiar rout (I just haven't driven it much....) but I'm still hesitant on staying out too long. I'd like to plan it so I'm home well before midnight!

Last year it started around 9pm maybe 10pm. I assume it will be similar this year. The only thing is that last year they shut it done early (around 11:30pm) because there were only a few people that actually showed up. I just decided to go back to the game rooms and play DDR. :thumbsup:

Gale
02-23-2005, 11:45 AM
I went to it in '03 when they had the costume contest at like 10:30 durring it, but I only stayed until 10 'cause I'd hardly slept in nearly 40 hours (wow....I really had been up that long, hadn't I!) but last year, under similar circumstances, I just left after the contest and didn't bother to check out the rave. I really want to go this year though!

ShinobiHime
02-23-2005, 12:19 PM
Does anyone know how the masq/costume competition is ran at the con?
Specifically, the different rules concerning where your costume comes from?
(Mostly, I'd want to know if my Cirque costume could be entered...)
Thanks! :heart:

Gale
02-23-2005, 05:28 PM
I think you can enter it. last year a girl entered an original design of her own, and won a prize. I'd say, as long as it's relativly good you probably have a better chance of getting a prize just because the genera is unique. I'm actually playing that card myself this year in entering a sci fi costume. I can ask on the OB for more specifics though, pending the info becoming avalible on the site

MemoriesofYuna
02-24-2005, 10:51 PM
Yhea i think they will allow cirque ^^. i have deducted that my singer in white costume will not be done for CT ><. Otakon maybe MAYBE. i wont attempt that pettiecoat until i have a serger and more refrance. need to tape it off bravo ><! *sigh* but maybe maybe maybe maybe maybe i can get it for otakon. tiny little chance. i don't think im ready for a courset ><! and for saturday i think were gonna show off our warrior threads ^^. Cause sarai might be coming down as Warrior Rikku and then we have Warrior Yuna and paine! -Aseret yuna

Gale
02-28-2005, 07:38 PM
Connecticon Wants You to join their forums!

yes, TheHappyGuy himself has announced that if we get 750 active members over on the CTcon forums in March he will do a jig opening night (what exactly that means, I'm not sure, but he said he'll do it!) So get going! Somebody's got to pass my top post count sometime, and I'd rather it be one of you ;)

http://www.connecticon.org

MemoriesofYuna
03-01-2005, 07:07 PM
Ay! i shall be the top poster in a matter of time! allll in a matter of time! yes! hopefully he'll shoot candy at people =D -Aseret Yuna(hunger for candy)

Gale
03-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Ay! i shall be the top poster in a matter of time! allll in a matter of time! yes! hopefully he'll shoot candy at people =D -Aseret Yuna(hunger for candy)

....I have 90 posts....you have 20

esantiago7292
03-02-2005, 06:40 AM
That's so special gale ^^!

has anyone ever done that before? lived at the con? ive never heard of it! id be perfectly fine with living there and taking a nap in an anime screening room or a hallway XD. Doooooont think my Costumes would like it though. Even if the Bow of my obi is a pillow. and were probably gonna have to change sooner or later. Sunday we might parade about in our inuyasha atire ^^.
-Aseret Yuna
i think the only people who actually live at the con a the highly addicted ( and perverted ) hentai fans who stay at the con until all the hentai is over ( which is always past 12`0 clock ><

Gale
03-21-2005, 08:06 PM
jeez....where are you people? not here, or on the CTcon forums obviously >_<

anyway, info about the masqurade is up. and don't jump about the April 30 thing; thehappyguy assured me that's an error.

Mystic Blossom
04-04-2005, 09:26 AM
jeez....where are you people? not here, or on the CTcon forums obviously >_<

anyway, info about the masqurade is up. and don't jump about the April 30 thing; thehappyguy assured me that's an error.

Yeah, the rules for the masquerade are pretty much just copy and pasted from Anime Boston.

Anyone going to the Harry Potter party? Get your wizard on!

Gale
04-04-2005, 10:30 AM
hah, I'd love to! but I think I'll be driving home at that time...I'm coming at least both Friday and Sat. if not all 3 days, but I'm not staying in the city so I've got an hour drive each way on either end of my days. if I don't end up at the HP party, hope those of you that do have a blast! ;D

Mupuppy
04-27-2005, 09:07 PM
hmm.. HELP
I sadly won't be going to anime Boston tomorrow (maybe one day)
But I'm making a YYH Costume (Koto) she was only in about 5 episodes should I wear it to Connecticon 2005 or...should I just stick with Sango?? I'm also making a Sano Costume (Kenshin/Samurai X)
Which two should I bring??
Mupuppy

P.S. Happy Birthday Gale

esantiago7292
05-02-2005, 02:51 PM
i hope i make it to the harry potter party^^ im hopeing to do a cosplay FF group anyone want to cosplay with me ill be cosplaying a Moggle

Mupuppy
05-02-2005, 07:33 PM
YYH group??? anyone??

esantiago7292
05-02-2005, 07:58 PM
YYH group??? anyone??

whats YYH?

Mupuppy
05-05-2005, 10:39 AM
Yu Yu hakusho...Or Yuu Yuu hakusho....Never heard of it??

Dagger
05-05-2005, 09:33 PM
I'm going to Connecticon! I can't wait. ^_^

Not exactly sure of my cosplay plans but I will probably have mostly Resident Evil costumes. (I :heart: RE)

Gale
05-07-2005, 10:03 AM
wooh Dagger! more oldbies! haha (not that I don't love newbies too! I just have a special place in my heart for the rest of the CTcon '03 "alum" I suppose you could call them)

Yay for people posting in this thread! haha...I should go back to posting on the OB...I don't come to message boards nearly frequently enough anymore! x.x

I CAN'T WAIT FOR CTCON! umm...how long is it now? not very long at all, I know! um...*thinks* its like 2 months away! =O uggg...I need to get going on my costume as SOON as I get home when school ends in June!

Dagger
05-07-2005, 10:55 AM
Haha, yeah, we have about two months or so, a decent amount of time at least. I should start working on my costume too. ^_^;;

esantiago7292
05-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Yu Yu hakusho...Or Yuu Yuu hakusho....Never heard of it??

oh i use to be obbsesed but now i got other anime to watch^^

Gale
05-08-2005, 10:00 AM
Oh! so many costumes; so little time! I really want to make more than just a Kaylee costume, but I likely will stick with just that...I might slap together some off-white cloths and amke a pink daiper-like thing and be a puchu one day 'cause I have the hat...and I'm hoping to re-do my Yuna costume too, but we'll see how well that goes...

Mew_Pudding
05-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Oh! YAY! Not that long to go!! ^_^ Let`s see, I will have my Artbook Chii, Rinoa`s SeeD dress, and Primera or Hanon. Lotsa costumes! If anyone wants me to bring anything else for a photoshoot or anything, lemme know, I would love to!! =DDDD

Kairi G
05-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Inara from Firefly, Princess Leia, Sailor Pluto, and Hogwarts robes! There is my plan for CTcon! yay! my mom will be dressed as Delenn from Babylon 5, and Professor Sprout from HP

Gale
05-09-2005, 07:19 AM
MEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 *glomps* wow...I was wondering if you had like just compleatly left the boards for good and all of the sudden grown out of cosplay or something x.x glad to see I was wrong!! yay!

uggg...I kinda want to make a hogwarts outfit...If i do it'd be Hannah Abbot 'cause I would so fit in Hufflepuff (I'm kind of shy and insanely loyal) and my real name is Hanna, so it amuses me XD

ooh! and Kairi! You're doing Pluto? haha...makes me want to try to re-do my sailor moon outfit from when I was 10...but...it was the store bought one wiht the collar stuffed so full it was like cardboard x.x sooo...maybe we'll just wait for my hair to actually grow out for that one....

efugee
05-09-2005, 01:23 PM
EVERYONE. TRY and petition the admin to give this thread its own forumn. Connecticon will be roughly 3000 attendees this year, if thats not worthy of its own forumn, than what is!?

Mystic Blossom
05-09-2005, 03:28 PM
I'm bringing Queen Mab, Hogwarts robes, and possibly Aerith from Kingdom Hearts. I just got started on Mab and Aerith. Yay!

esantiago7292
05-09-2005, 04:47 PM
EVERYONE. TRY and petition the admin to give this thread its own forumn. Connecticon will be roughly 3000 attendees this year, if thats not worthy of its own forumn, than what is!?

k ill pm him saying connecticon has a right to have it's own forum^^

Gale
05-10-2005, 08:46 AM
yah...I was kind of wondering when we'd get our own forum...>_< tell the truth, I was surprised that it even got a spot on the upcoming cons list! it seems so underrated...

my only worry is...if I-con doesn't have its own forum....>_< how come mix-genera cons get such poor treatment around here...

do you think it will help or hurt us that 59 cosplay.com members are planning on attending?

edit:
here's some info on most of the cons (the ones I could find info on) for members of cosplay.com members planning on attending...except for 2 they have numbers in or almost in the hundreds (wtf with OnnaFest and Oni-Con though!?!) so...there's hope ;D

Anime Central - 254
Fanime - 208
Animazement - 125
Anime Mid-Atlantic - 98
A-kon - 181
Anime Next - 240
Anime Expo - 522
Comic Con - 182
Otakon - 685
Pacific Media Expo - 112
Dragon*Con - 114
Ani-Magic - 113
Onnafest - 33
Oni-Con - 17
Anime USA - 125

efugee
05-10-2005, 09:22 AM
yah...I was kind of wondering when we'd get our own forum...>_< tell the truth, I was surprised that it even got a spot on the upcoming cons list! it seems so underrated...

my only worry is...if I-con doesn't have its own forum....>_< how come mix-genera cons get such poor treatment around here...

do you think it will help or hurt us that 59 cosplay.com members are planning on attending?

edit:
here's some info on most of the cons (the ones I could find info on) for members of cosplay.com members planning on attending...except for 2 they have numbers in or almost in the hundreds (wtf with OnnaFest and Oni-Con though!?!) so...there's hope ;D

Anime Central - 254
Fanime - 208
Animazement - 125
Anime Mid-Atlantic - 98
A-kon - 181
Anime Next - 240
Anime Expo - 522
Comic Con - 182
Otakon - 685
Pacific Media Expo - 112
Dragon*Con - 114
Ani-Magic - 113
Onnafest - 33
Oni-Con - 17
Anime USA - 125

i dunno, i think that is plenty of people for its own forumn. But with the death of BAAF, connecticon is fight between boston and new york, and will take a massive influx of anime fans this year. It would be realy perfect if we had our own thread, AND help our cosplay attendees!

esantiago7292
05-10-2005, 01:59 PM
i want BAAF back T_T

efugee
05-11-2005, 12:13 PM
i want BAAF back T_T

hahaha, no dealer in their right mind wants to pay union movers 5$ a pound to move their merchandise in. And since its mandatory, dealers dropped out. but if it makes you feel better, blame the republicans!

=D

esantiago7292
05-11-2005, 01:29 PM
hahaha, no dealer in their right mind wants to pay union movers 5$ a pound to move their merchandise in. And since its mandatory, dealers dropped out. but if it makes you feel better, blame the republicans!

=D

ill blame verything on them now because the cancled one of the cons i was going to goto

Gale
05-12-2005, 08:52 AM
ignor this post! i'm an idiot! lol x.x yay we have our own forum! haha

esantiago7292
05-12-2005, 02:16 PM
ignor this post! i'm an idiot! lol x.x yay we have our own forum! haha
i was very surprised when i saw out own forum i really didnt think they were going to do it but im happy now^^

HOLY CRAP. I just found out how much my moggle cosplay would be, after reading through some find reasorses it looks like it can coast 100-300$ and that money i cant spend. So now i gotta find a different cosplay.