PDA

View Full Version : Gundam Cosplay

Famira Damaris
12-13-2002, 08:46 PM
Gah, I sorta brought this up again. I'm trying to organize a Zeta Gundam cosplayer gathering/group for Anime Expo, although a general Gundam would be great. Anyone interested in doing any characters from MSG to Char's Counterattack to Turn A Gundam?

We might already have a Bright Noah and a Camille Vidan.

http://www.mahq.net/gallery/gundam/official/gallery03/zgun017.jpg

http://www.mahq.net/gallery/gundam/official/gallery03/zgun018.jpg

*puppy eyes* Anyone at all?

Karrzor
12-14-2002, 09:20 PM
I am going as a Zaku II. Yes, you read right as the the MS-06J Zaku II mobile suit produced by the Zeon's. I also plan to try to make a Zeon pilot uniform from MSG. Not Chars suit but the cannon fodder Zeon pilot uniform.

Famira Damaris
12-15-2002, 02:04 AM
Ooh! You going to AX? *puppy eyes*

Karrzor
12-17-2002, 12:04 AM
As long as all goes according to plan, yes. I plan to go to Anime Expo. I need to get a hotel room though so if you know anyone whom I could room with it would help out greatly. BTW I do have my own car and can drive. If not then I will still make it down there.

Famira Damaris
12-17-2002, 12:21 AM
Well, I don't really know anyone personally - I'm within driving distance of Anaheim.

I'm wondering which day I'd like to organize a Gundam gathering (AU included, if there's a shortage of general people), but I'm not too sure about the dates...I'm thinking Thursday, but...*blinks*

Karrzor
12-17-2002, 01:46 PM
Any day you want to hold a gathering I would be up to it. My Zaku will be fully functional by Anime Expo. It's current operational effectiveness is about 80%. It is combat worthy but still needs work.:skidude2:

RyuHayabusaDOA2
12-17-2002, 01:53 PM
well, me, I'll be Domon Kasshu and yes, I need roomates for AX if i'm going...plus I think I can do Loran as well...since I have the skin and everything...started watching the hK DVD set of Turn A and I ike it so far :D
and I can do Camille..no sweat..

Famira Damaris
12-17-2002, 06:11 PM
With luck, I might do Camille. Gotta dye my hair for it tho. xX; If you do Loran tho...*prepares her fangirl glomp* XD

Nietsche
12-17-2002, 06:41 PM
8th MS for me! I'd like to be Shiro..but first I'd need to find a chic green haired femme to be my Aina!

Famira Damaris
12-17-2002, 07:10 PM
I think there was a Shiro last year at AX, but I didn't realize who he was. xX;;; I'm stoopid. ;_;

Karrzor
12-17-2002, 08:14 PM
Come on, will no one else attempt a mecha suit? Please? I would love to have a Federation suit to go against.

Famira Damaris
12-18-2002, 01:19 PM
It's a pretty daunting task, to actually make a full-blown MS. xX; I'm really just hoping we would have a group over two Gundam cosplayers. ^^;

Anyway, I'm going to see if I can schedule a gathering. How does Thursday, in front of the convention center at 4:00 PM sound to you guys?

Karrzor
12-18-2002, 06:49 PM
Seems fine to me. I'll make sure to be in my Zaku that day.

Famira Damaris
12-19-2002, 09:11 AM
Alright. I'll schedule the Gundam gathering for Thursday.

Rosiel
12-19-2002, 09:15 AM
> 8th MS for me! I'd like to be Shiro..but first I'd need to find a chic green haired femme to be my Aina!

I always wanted to cosplay Ginnias of the gravity-defying hair myself. *___*But I have the same Aina problem (I doubt I could ever talk Katan into wearing that pink dress X__X) And too many costumes I want to do.

> AU included, if there's a shortage of general people

*feels unloved* I could have probably brought Zechs and Noin but oh well...

Famira Damaris
12-19-2002, 09:34 AM
Muaa...we need all the people we can get! XD

RyuHayabusaDOA2
12-19-2002, 10:38 AM
Famira: That's cool. I'll see if I can be down there by friday

*still laughing after seeing Loran turn iton a girl wastching last night's episode before G Gundam*

Famira Damaris
12-19-2002, 11:40 AM
Loran's so pretty when he crossdresses. *dies* I wanna do his ballroom dress. ^______^

Karrzor
12-20-2002, 02:54 PM
Hey Ryu, if you want to contact me and start arranging rooming situations write me at Karrzor@hotmail.com. I plan to be there for all four days. At some point I'll probabaly spot you or you'll spot me if we don't share a room.

Sieg Cosplayers!

Famira Damaris
12-21-2002, 09:15 AM
Alright, tis official. We have a meeting time and place. Nice and relatively late.

Here's the link:

http://pub130.ezboard.com/fanimeexpofrm14.showMessage?topicID=719.topic

Also lists other meetings. If you guys are interested, we could have another meeting on the last day.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
12-21-2002, 06:41 PM
ok cool, Famira. Thanks for the info

Neo-Zaku: I'll see ok?

Karrzor
12-21-2002, 09:23 PM
Cool, thanks for the info.

Ryu: Sure, it really is not an issue since I am going and I will be getting a room. We have some time so I am not in a rush.

Famira Damaris
12-23-2002, 12:02 PM
I've brought up a Gundam cosplayer gathering at Gundam.com. We might have some people who're doing costumes, but I have to see if they'll be interested in participating in the gathering.

Famira Damaris
01-03-2003, 12:45 PM
*bump* Just in case potential people are interested. e_e

SethPharos
01-05-2003, 04:36 PM
AHHHHHHHH! If I knew there was gonna be a Gundam Group in AX I wouldn't have started my Faust VIII costume! >.<'' Plus my theme this year is gonna be gothic-ish for my cosplays.. so ahh.. the pain o.o'' Well there's always next year.. right?

Famira Damaris
01-05-2003, 10:15 PM
Yep. :P You're always welcome to just hop on in. :P As long as you're a fan of Gundam, tis all good. XD

SethPharos
01-06-2003, 01:14 AM
I would except it'll be hard to think up of a char to cosplay as.. Hmm.. any suggestions @_@ and yes, it has to be male... My family would kill me if I were to crossplay,, personally I wouldn't mind, its just my I fear my life.. XD!

Famira Damaris
01-06-2003, 09:36 AM
Well, easy costumes...*thinks* you could do civilian Amuro. Or Hathaway. :p

SethPharos
01-06-2003, 06:39 PM
AAAAHHH @_@ Need somebody blonde.. and no GWs pls x.x''' Since even though my hair ish like black.. I'll be bleaching it for my other costume XD

Famira Damaris
01-06-2003, 11:00 PM
Blond? Well, there's Char/Quattro. And then there's Jerid.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
01-06-2003, 11:12 PM
and don't forget Quatre and who else... besides Char and Jerid...
oh yeah..that dude who takes Axis over in ZZ Gundam. his last name is Toto I believe

SethPharos
01-07-2003, 11:55 PM
Hmm >.<' I just remembered that I'll be bleaching my hair on the end of may @_@ And yeah XD! Depending on how fast my hair grows I might go to AX with either the tips of my hair blonde-ish or me bleach it again @_@'' Ahhhh the decisions decisions.. X.x'' Hmm.. ok if I do end up with more black hair than blonde-ish then me go with Gyunei, if not.. Umm.. hmm.. whats his name again?!?! The blonde guy in 0080 ^-^''' since I think I can go in his mechanic outfit, but I expect it'll be a bit hot in that thing @_@"''

Famira Damaris
01-08-2003, 12:14 AM
Bernie Wiseman. You'd need an Al Izuruha running around tho. :P Well...you could do two layers. Y'know, a normal shirt underneath so you can take the top off (unzip it or whatever).

SethPharos
01-08-2003, 12:04 PM
There is no way I'm bringing my brother to Cali with me @_@"' Since I'm paying enough as it is for me XD! Hmm.. perhaps I'll get one of my friends to.. yees... XD!!!!! If people can't tell I'm Bernie,, then.. XD! I'll just tell them I'm a Gundam Mechanic @_@ No need to be specific,, right? XD!

Famira Damaris
01-08-2003, 12:09 PM
*L* We'll know you're Bernie. XD We might have a bunch of obscure Gundam characters running around. ^^

SethPharos
01-08-2003, 01:05 PM
And then we make out way to NASA, exploit their techonology and make our own MS. Then take over the world!!! Bwah bwah bwah bwah bawh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD! Ok so maybe not.. XD!

But we will be going around terrorizing other MS right? XD! Or any mecha that aren't in the Gundam Universe... yeah XD! It'll be a good photo to put in my album! Zaku Vs. Eva XD!

Famira Damaris
01-08-2003, 02:41 PM
*L* We MIGHT have a guy coming as a Valkyrie from Macross. But he's with our Gundam.com gathering, so I'll protect him. XD

SethPharos
01-09-2003, 03:09 AM
Btw, are we doing a skit of any sort? O.o?

Famira Damaris
01-09-2003, 09:04 AM
Mmm...don't think so. Not at Masquerade. Maybe just us fooling around and pretending to be IC, but no skits that I can think of.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
01-09-2003, 01:54 PM
I'll hang around with you guys, but no skit...
unless someones decides to do a band or something LOL :D

Famira Damaris
01-12-2003, 03:59 PM
As another note: we have a Gundam cosplay thread at Gundam.com (have I already brought this up?). Anyway, here's the link.

http://www.gundam.com/mb/index.cfm?fa=view_topic&ForumAction=ViewTopic&topicid=73084&startrow=1

Famira Damaris
01-13-2003, 09:37 AM
Also, I brought up the idea of maybe all of us going out to dinner - maybe after the Dealer Hall closes and the dodgeball games are over. What do you guys think?

Oh...and Ryu...that Kira piccy is purty. :P

SethPharos
01-13-2003, 05:22 PM
Hmm seems good, except I'm not sure whether the peeps I'm staying with have any plans X.x' Plus! My dad is starting to change his mind about letting me go again.. geez.. its like.. JUST LET ME GO!!!!!!!! XD!!!! Getting really sick of his umm constant changes O.o'' lol..

Famira Damaris
01-18-2003, 08:35 PM
Oh dear. oO;

Oh, I checked out the Anaheim Convention Center - there are a good number of places to eat (7-11 and AMPM are nearby if you're looking for quick snacks) and there are a lot of restaurants. The Gundam cosplay meeting place should be in the front of the convention center (with the giant electronic signs)

SethPharos
01-18-2003, 10:41 PM
x.x its really sad to say this.. but.. I can't go.. *Bursts into tears* They wouldn't sign the evil consent form to let me go through the US border! So I'm just gonna be going to the Animethon and Otafest, and run around from some of the people who want to kill me X.x' But.. I can start saving for the one next year, where I'll be 18 and I can cross the border by myself >) and therefore, make it to AX for sure! *Evil laughter*

thatrelenagirl
01-18-2003, 10:43 PM
If anyone needs a Relena for fanime con, I'm planning on going as her. Please e-mail me, (jennie@neongreen.net) if you're interested!

Famira Damaris
01-18-2003, 11:50 PM
Awww...that's mean. ;_; *huggles* There's always next year, Sepharos. Stupid customs!

Wah! Will you go to Anime Expo 2003? *hopeful* Relena would be gooood.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
01-19-2003, 12:03 AM
Jennie: that's hella cool.
Famira: is cool that she goes as Relena?

Famira Damaris
01-19-2003, 12:09 AM
It's more than cool. XD Any Gundam is welcome. XD

Famira Damaris
01-19-2003, 07:07 PM
Okay, we might have two Duos. ^^ *bumps* The gathering time has been moved to 5:00 PM.

Well, I posted the time change at the cosplay gathering thread at the AX board; has to be changed, but that's the time.

Famira Damaris
02-14-2003, 10:11 AM
*bumping* Okay, I've been talking to some other people and here're the characters they're thinking about/what we should have at best odds. ^^

Character List
Zeta Gundam
Bright
Camille
Jerid
Quattro
Random Titan

AU Gundam
Domon/Loran Cehack (not sure which one)
Duo x2 :P
Random O.M.N.I or ZAFT Soldier

Mobile Suit Gundam
Amuro (not sure which version, so I just put this one).

Mecha
Zaku/Guntank
SD Gyan
Gundam MK. II

This is a tentative list at best tho. xX;

AU Gundam includes Gundam X, Turn A Gundam, Gundam Wing, G Gundam, and Gundam SEED.

UC Gundam includes Mobile Suit Gundam, Zeta Gundam, ZZ Gundam, Char's Counterattack, 0080: War in the Pocket, 0083: Stardust Memory, 08th MS Team, V Gundam and G Savior. Just letting everyone know who's interested - once again, any and all Gundam cosplayers are welcome: we could always use people.

A reminder: The meeting place will be in front of the Anaheim Convention Center, near the big electronic signs (you can't miss it), at 5:00 PM, Friday (July 3, 2003).

And yes, this message is a straight cut-and-paste from what I posted on AX's board. ^^; Also, on a side note, this is also going to be a gathering for Gundam.com members. :P You gotta love multi-purpose gatherings.