PDA

View Full Version : Naruto photoshoot for AB 2k5

TheAnarCHris
09-01-2004, 12:12 AM
Seeing how there's much hubub going on for this thing, I decided to make a new thread for 2k5. I would like to do as many group shots as possible, so I figured we'll start it off like this

Starwind824-Sasuke
Neoangelwink-Sakura

Just cut n paste folks.

Oh yeah, and time and date...how's about Friday, around 5?

RyuichiNG
09-01-2004, 07:47 AM
THANK YOU!! I was hosting one but backed down... thanks.. ::bows:: YOu rock for starting a new one. I felt horrible about telling the one person that I wasn't hosting it anymore... but good luck with getting people to commit to a photoshoot... if there's one thing I've learned, you get a lot "Yea I'll come", then they don't show up and then they find you later in the con and are like "When was it again? Did I miss it?" Anyways... good luck, and may you have better luck than I.

ByronSpiegal
09-01-2004, 09:50 AM
HMMM Naruto cosplay sounds like fun I sooo want to be Shino & since I'm not on staff any more I guess I have no excuse ^^

YuriJinnai
09-02-2004, 04:52 PM
I'm in! I'll be cosplaying as Itachi. I'm not sure on the time and date though, but right now it sounds okay. See you at AB 05!

TheAnarCHris
09-07-2004, 10:35 AM
Well, we can add an Ino and a Kakashi into the group, with the possiblity of others...cool huh?

Elvenwolf
09-11-2004, 06:22 PM
Not totally sure if I can go since it's months away, but in case I do (which I'm hoping for) 'll bring Anbu Kakashi.

Black_Dog
09-11-2004, 06:41 PM
Ooh, I'll go as Ino. ^^

neoangelwink
09-14-2004, 09:09 AM
tee ^_^ this going to be fun

Lil
09-16-2004, 08:22 PM
I'm working on an Iruka/Kakashi interchangable costume. I'll definatly join you folks if I can make it to anime boston.

TheAnarCHris
09-16-2004, 11:53 PM
Lil, if u could, that woul roxxor my soxxers!

number18
09-17-2004, 12:56 PM
Hmm...I'm sure she'll be excited to hear it when I tell her, so I'll say my buddy Jen (who isn't on the boards) will probably attend. She's doing Anbu Kakashi as well. :bigtu:

TheAnarCHris
09-22-2004, 01:45 PM
Hehe, for a minute 18, I thought u were doing a non-18 costume.

::checks threads a few minutes later::

Sweet Zombie Jesus on a Pogo stick, u is!

Lil
09-26-2004, 07:56 PM
If number 18 wasn't being # 18 it would be the end of the world! We would have to be Quick and bury all our costumes so they may survive for what future is left after the 'end'.

All I have left to make is wrappings and a vest :D And I think I'm definatly now leaning towrard more of Iruka and or that Hayate character (I think hayate is the right one.... the sickly jounin exam instrutor w sword).

Lil
11-14-2004, 11:34 PM
Is every one still interested in doing a Naruto shoot?

TheAnarCHris
11-15-2004, 03:31 PM
Team Me is still game. We got moi as Sasuke, Carrie as Sakura, my boy Sean as Kakashi, Demri as Ino, and her husband and friend are cosplaying characters that have names I can't spell.

And with enough begging, I'm sure if Cyn and Flippy come, they can be convinced to bring their Naruto costumes as well.

Lil
11-16-2004, 09:32 PM
Yay :D I was getting worried since the thread died down. My jounin vest is almost done, just need to put the buckles on the pockets. Supposivly I'm only allowed to birng one costume to boston... <_< >_>... So I think i'm gonna stuff the costume into a pillow thing and try to pull it off I'm bringing an extra pillow... hheheheheh

TheAnarCHris
11-16-2004, 10:48 PM
lol qho's enforcing such poilcies as only one costume? thats wiggly whack.

Lil
11-17-2004, 10:47 PM
It's because we don't have much room. -_-0 It may be 4 people and a tiny car. And because Peorth takes up much room they are enforcing one costume per person. Not to mention my freind's armor he's making.... Plus all our artshow works.... That's why I'ma gonna hide more costumes. :D My Azumanga Daoh uniform will blend in with normal clothes... hhe. And all my naruto accesories can fit in my purse. No one goes into a ladys purse! I am evil hohoho!

TheAnarCHris
11-18-2004, 08:58 AM
INGENIUS!!

What AZA character are you cosplaying? I always tell Carrie that she needs to cosplay Osaka.

Lil
11-18-2004, 11:42 AM
Osaka is awsome :D I'll probably be doing Tomo if I can get my hair styled right.

Demri
11-26-2004, 11:54 AM
Sorry it took me so long to get here. I'm a little slow like that. ;)

Anywho, yeah, I'll be there as Ino (with bells on! not literally-but, well, you know...), and Andy (Dragoon42) will be there as Shikamaru, and our friend Dustin will be there as the Perverted Hermit himself, Jeraiya. I told him he should bring binoculars. Hehe. I think I masacred the spelling, but, uh, oh well. ^_^

TheAnarCHris
11-29-2004, 03:30 PM
Yay, Demri and her proper spelling techniques are here.....too bad I have to go and make new arrangements for everything...bah!

TheAnarCHris
12-01-2004, 03:03 PM
Oh yeah, now that there's interest in the group again, Friday @ 5pm sounds good for the shoot right?

Lil
12-01-2004, 11:27 PM
As long as there's enough time to switch costumes after the OMG! Group photo it should be ok, They stil have yet to announce the time but it'll probably be early.

TheAnarCHris
12-01-2004, 11:59 PM
lisas probably gonna do it around 1ish. i cant see that being a problem.

Dragoon42
12-03-2004, 05:54 PM
So...since no one is copy/pasting and I am bored here's the list:
StarWind824-Sasuke
NeoAngelWink-Sakura
ByronSpiegel-Shino
YuriJinnai-Itachi
Elvenwolf-Kakashi
Black_Dog-Ino
Lil-Iruka/Kakashi
Demri-Ino
Dragoon42-Shikamaru

Kellers07
12-04-2004, 02:01 PM
I'm planning as going as curse-scar Sasuke. However, if everything goes as planned, I'll be doing Lucifer from Angel Sanctuary most of the day on Friday. So, I’ll have to ask the people I'm cosplaying with if it would be alright for me to do this. I don't think it'll be a problem. If you have too many Sasuke's so far I can back out; just thought it sounded like fun.

Lil
12-05-2004, 07:23 PM
I'm planning as going as curse-scar Sasuke. However, if everything goes as planned, I'll be doing Lucifer from Angel Sanctuary most of the day on Friday. So, I’ll have to ask the people I'm cosplaying with if it would be alright for me to do this. I don't think it'll be a problem. If you have too many Sasuke's so far I can back out; just thought it sounded like fun.

The more the better! :D

If you can make it please do.

TheAnarCHris
12-07-2004, 07:36 PM
So...since no one is copy/pasting and I am bored here's the list:
StarWind824-Sasuke
NeoAngelWink-Sakura
ByronSpiegel-Shino
YuriJinnai-Itachi
Elvenwolf-Kakashi
Black_Dog-Ino
Lil-Iruka/Kakashi
Demri-Ino
Dragoon42-Shikamaru

:whips out guitar, and starts playing some Foo Fighter riffs::

There goes my hero, what him make a list...there goes my hero...something something something......

WHAT?!?! I'm a drummer?~?~

Anywho, yar, I think I may do cursed Sasuke as well. Depending on how tired BP's gf is come Friday.

Putrocca
12-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Hello, Ninjas. I am the masquerade and cosplay coordinator for Anime Boston 2005. This year, Anime Boston is hoping to have an organized cosplay photo station with a pre-arranged schedule so all the major cosplay series can get together for group photo sessions at pre-arranged times. This event is still in the planning stages, but it is good that I'm getting input from you now, since that will help me with the scheduling. Since Naruto is so popular (not to mention so awesome), and since you are already interested in organizing, I will try to make sure you get a prime slot with few or no other series sharing the space. Does that sound good to all of you?

TheAnarCHris
12-08-2004, 03:05 PM
Hehe, I was referred to as a Ninja...that's soo cool.

And yes, organized sounds beyond awesome. I think we agreed on having it on Friday, around 5, but let the others voice their opinons before we go ahead and finalize it. You may want to do the same thing with Final Fantasy, seeing how it's probably the only series that's going to supass Naruto in attendance.

Putrocca
12-08-2004, 07:48 PM
We are planning a joint photo session for Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts.

I'm afraid I can't put you guys at the time of your choice - I can't take requests or else every series will be requesting times and it will be chaos. The major series are going to be scheduled in alphabetical order, which means Naruto will probably be mid-day Saturday, since it is close to the middle of the list. I know this is going to inconvenience some of you, but the Cosplay Photo Station has to have an organized schedule or else photographers won't be able to predict when to come to find their favorite series. Sorry ninjas, but this is the best we can do.

Of course, this scheduled time should not stop you from having an additional photo session somewhere else in the convention hall on Friday at 5 if you want to, but the time advertised in the program (and the only time you will be permitted to gather in the Cosplay Photo Station) will be Saturday.

By the way, how many of you are planning to come dressed as Naruto himself, rather than as other Naruto characters? Anyone planning to dress as Naruto should contact me, masquerade@animeboston.com

Demri
12-08-2004, 08:15 PM
Well, if anyone else would still like to do a small Naruto shoot Friday afternoon/evening, that'd be good with me. I know I'll be Final Fantasy-ing and probably Xenosaga-ing Saturday, so that doesn't leave much room for the Ino-Piggy. ^_^

Lil
12-08-2004, 09:01 PM
I'll be wearing Peorth most of Sat, and Iruka at night Sat.... So I'll brobably be wearing the Kakashi version of the costume Friday. :D Even if there's no shoot we can take photos together.

TheAnarCHris
12-09-2004, 12:20 AM
Well, if anyone else would still like to do a small Naruto shoot Friday afternoon/evening, that'd be good with me. I know I'll be Final Fantasy-ing and probably Xenosaga-ing Saturday, so that doesn't leave much room for the Ino-Piggy. ^_^

Wel.....we could switched the days for Xenosaga and Naruto maybe? I mean, I'd imagine the transformation from Ino-piggy to Quisty-...um....ferret, isn't that bad. Like I said, I'll let the majority decide, seeing how ppl like LiL and Demri have been with me since day one, and I would like to get them involved as much as possible.

Sides, freeing up Friday night give me more time to be Viewtiful! w00t!

Lil
12-09-2004, 12:46 PM
If Naruto was Friday that would mean I could stay in Peorth all Saturday with no costume change, so it'd be easier for me. But if everyone's not able to do it Friday, I'm still open to Saturday at around 5ish or after. Earlier Saturday is definatly out because of the OMG! mob. :/

TheAnarCHris
12-09-2004, 08:51 PM
Silly Lil, AMG! is on Friday, not Saturday. Hence maybe the change will be better for ya!

Putrocca
12-10-2004, 08:20 AM
Theoretically the Photo Suite will have AMG! scheduled for Friday too, so that works out well.

Lil
12-10-2004, 09:54 AM
:/ I gots my days mixxed on up -_-0

Demri
12-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Mebbe I can do Ino for Saturday, too. We'll see. My Ino costume is all done now (piccy's up in my gallery if anyone's bored lol), so I get to start Andy's Shikamaru this week. Yea!! It makes me so happy to finish a costume! ^_^ (Duh.)
Starwind - Eep! Masquerade registration's open now and I didn't even register/pay for AnimeBoston yet. Guess I should get on that, eh?

Lil
12-13-2004, 10:40 AM
I don't have anyone to be in the masqurade with, but I'll definatly be in the audience.

TheAnarCHris
12-14-2004, 12:01 AM
Mebbe I can do Ino for Saturday, too. We'll see. My Ino costume is all done now (piccy's up in my gallery if anyone's bored lol), so I get to start Andy's Shikamaru this week. Yea!! It makes me so happy to finish a costume! ^_^ (Duh.)
Starwind - Eep! Masquerade registration's open now and I didn't even register/pay for AnimeBoston yet. Guess I should get on that, eh?

Re Ino costume :

Ahem...

GUHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Man, I love cosplaying the angsty pretty boy who girls constentily fight over....granted we all know the winner (my cute widdle Sakura-chan Carrie), at least the pictures will look good!

Demri
12-14-2004, 06:24 AM
Hehe, yeah. Ino's kind of a petty bitch anyway so she shouldn't get the man. I can see her with mebbe... Shikamaru? Gwahahaaa... Carrie's gonna look so cute - I can't wait to see her Sakura! ^_^ And your Sasuke will rule, too. Are you gonna use lots of gel do the crazy hair thing?

TheAnarCHris
12-14-2004, 01:41 PM
Hehe, yeah. Ino's kind of a petty bitch anyway so she shouldn't get the man. I can see her with mebbe... Shikamaru? Gwahahaaa... Carrie's gonna look so cute - I can't wait to see her Sakura! ^_^ And your Sasuke will rule, too. Are you gonna use lots of gel do the crazy hair thing?

The Sakura costume itself is done, we're just waiting to find a perfect pink wig.

As for Sasuke, the shirt Carrie made me didn't fit me well, so we're gonna give it another try after xmas (she's working on hats and Refitting my Cloud costume). I have the shorts and the forehead protector, and sum stabbies, so it's a start....

And I WAS thinking about getting a wig for Sasuke, or at least finding something that will turn my hair black. Any suggestions?

Demri
12-14-2004, 02:52 PM
Well, you could just get balck spray-in stuff (like B-Wild, for example). I've used their blue and purple stuff and it works pretty well. It does flake a teensy bit, but it also seems to come out in the wash without any trouble.

I wish my freaking stabbies would come in the mail soon. Andy's got his, but I don't have mine yet. It's not fair. <pouties>

TheAnarCHris
12-15-2004, 10:11 AM
Well, you could just get balck spray-in stuff (like B-Wild, for example). I've used their blue and purple stuff and it works pretty well. It does flake a teensy bit, but it also seems to come out in the wash without any trouble.

I wish my freaking stabbies would come in the mail soon. Andy's got his, but I don't have mine yet. It's not fair. <pouties>

Yeah, I'm most likely gonna go with the spray on stuffs. I used it with my Cloud costume, and while the hair style was wayyyy off, at least I managed to get the color right. Sides I can prob get that hair on the back of head to stand up now, weee fun!

Speaking of weapons of mash stabbies, I still have to order my lil ninja pouch, and Carrie's got to get sum shrukiens.....and I might get another scrolll, for kicks.

MinekaC
01-01-2005, 01:41 AM
I'm going to be cosplaying as Orochimaru on saturday, and actually my friend says that one of the NorthEastern Anime clubs is doing a big Naruto cosplay. So my bf is trying to convince me that making him a Gaara costume for the con is such an awesome idea.
I am simply saying that if I can come, I shall try, but it depends on what the schedule is going to be like saturday.

Black_Dog
01-06-2005, 02:01 PM
Okay, I'm still going, but a tad change of plans- I'm going as Temari on Saturday.

That, and I'm trying to convince my parents to let me bring my boyfriend, and I'll prolly end up making him a Sasuke or Shikamaru costume. COUNT ME IN! :-P

Putrocca
01-08-2005, 02:16 PM
Hello again, Ninjas. The Cosplay Photo Station has finally been announced - details are in the New Cosplay Resources thread and on the anime boston web site. The official schedule will not be posted for a while yet, but becuase Naruto starts with an "N" it will probably be scheduled on Saturday afternoon. I can't say exactly until the main events schedule is finished, but this is my best guess. I hope that works for you guys.

Of course, I'll be there. I wouldn't miss it for anything.

Initial Diesal
01-24-2005, 12:31 AM
With Postive expectations I will join the photoshoot fun with my Narutard, I mean Naruto costume.

neoangelwink
01-24-2005, 11:31 AM
^_^ alll goood for the shoot!!

shiho_o
01-24-2005, 06:52 PM
I'm thinking of doing a Tenten cosplay, I don't mind whenever because I'll be doing an asuka cosplay (involves putting on a wig) and it takes me less than 20 minutes to put odango's in my hair.

So, I'm guessing the list so far is,

StarWind824-Sasuke
NeoAngelWink-Sakura
ByronSpiegel-Shino
YuriJinnai-Itachi
Elvenwolf-Kakashi
Black_Dog-Ino
Lil-Iruka/Kakashi
Demri-Ino
Dragoon42-Shikamaru
shiho_o-Tenten

kiwi_lady
01-24-2005, 07:12 PM
im going to go as anbu ... somthin lol prolly itachi ^^;;; and i know 3 other ppl who will also be doin Naruto cosplay would like to come to the photoshoot~

forelyse
01-24-2005, 07:38 PM
As mineka_c said, myself and a large group of friends are doing a big Naruto group (crosses fingers). Hopefully, when all is said and done, the list will be as folows:

Mels (Forelyse aka Me): Haku
Andrew: Zabuza
Mineka_C: Orochimaru
Sandra: Tsunade

John: Choji
Nick: Shikamaru

Casey: Naruto
Megan: Sasuke

Sarah: Gaara
Ryan: Gaara

Jennu-chan: Tenten (Maybe?)

Peter: Shino
Laura: Hinata
C. Remiss: Kiba w/ Akamaru

Do you mind if I attempt to convince them all to make it to the photo shoot?

I may have to tear a few away from the Naruto fighting game, but it would be cool to have a group picture.

TheAnarCHris
01-24-2005, 10:43 PM
I'm thinking of doing a Tenten cosplay, I don't mind whenever because I'll be doing an asuka cosplay (involves putting on a wig) and it takes me less than 20 minutes to put odango's in my hair.

So, I'm guessing the list so far is,

StarWind824-Sasuke
NeoAngelWink-Sakura
ByronSpiegel-Shino
YuriJinnai-Itachi
Elvenwolf-Kakashi
Black_Dog-Ino
Lil-Iruka/Kakashi
Demri-Ino
Dragoon42-Shikamaru
shiho_o-Tenten

Wow, someone actually followed the guidelines, yay.

Also we have to add Inital Diesal as Naruto, seeing as we really cant have a ahot without one.

shiho_o
01-24-2005, 11:08 PM
haha no prob, and YES we need a naruto!!!

Question, I've never been to a photoshoot and this may be a dumb question but what if there is an overlap in characters? do they take turns? I mean, if we're trying to make it realistic, it'd make sense to have only one of each character. Of course, I assume there'll be a few HUGE GINORMOUS NARUTO GROUP cosplay pics where there are 10 sasuke's etc etc.

Lil
01-25-2005, 01:58 PM
haha no prob, and YES we need a naruto!!!

Question, I've never been to a photoshoot and this may be a dumb question but what if there is an overlap in characters? do they take turns? I mean, if we're trying to make it realistic, it'd make sense to have only one of each character. Of course, I assume there'll be a few HUGE GINORMOUS NARUTO GROUP cosplay pics where there are 10 sasuke's etc etc.

Kage bushin no jutsu.... err however you spell it.... :D That explainss everything.

forelyse
01-25-2005, 02:47 PM
I was going to add to the list but I wasn't sure how to add club members as only one person (me) is a part of cosplay.com...

well, since I'm bored...

StarWind824-Sasuke
NeoAngelWink-Sakura
ByronSpiegel-Shino
YuriJinnai-Itachi
Elvenwolf-Kakashi
Black_Dog-Temari*
Lil-Iruka/Kakashi
Demri-Ino
Dragoon42-Shikamaru
shiho_o-Tenten
Inital Diesal: Naruto
Kiwi Lady: Anbu? Itachi?*
Forelyse: Haku
Mineka_C: Orochimaru

Andrew: Zabuza
Sandra: Tsunade
John: Choji
Nick: Shikamaru (#2)
Casey: Naruto(#2)
Megan: Sasuke
Sarah: Gaara
Ryan: Gaara(#2)
Jennu-chan: Tenten (Maybe?)(#2)
Peter: Shino (#2)
Laura: Hinata
C. Remiss: Kiba w/ Akamaru

How's that? :thumbsup:

And I don't forsee any problem with having numerous persons dressed as the same character. It's not really a big deal since people are always dressing in the same costumes as other people at cons. Last year at AB, I was one of 3 or 4 Alexiels walking around.

TheAnarCHris
01-26-2005, 12:56 PM
They'll be a larger, everyone picker, then if ppl want to break down into smaller groups, I have no problem with that either. Although I'm gonna give a heads up and say that I'm going to take some pics with certain people and not others, and it's nothing personal, but their my friends and such.

shiho_o
01-26-2005, 10:29 PM
haha we can always be like "what? Sasuke? YEA he has a twin brother, you didn't know?" :bigtu:

Rukawa
01-27-2005, 09:39 AM
hehe I finished both sasuke outfits whee. Ah time to work on Haku. ^^

TheAnarCHris
01-29-2005, 05:56 PM
haha we can always be like "what? Sasuke? YEA he has a twin brother, you didn't know?" :bigtu:

Sasuke has a brother...and hes a murdering jerk!!!

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lil
01-29-2005, 09:31 PM
I like Itachi. :/ He rocks!

The_Paper
02-02-2005, 02:18 PM
I'm planning on cosplaying as Naruto for all three days (being a first-time cosplayer, the idea of making even one costume is daunting). I wouldn't mind stopping by for the photoshoot, if you don't mind having a most likely crummy-looking Naruto wedged in there.

Putrocca
02-03-2005, 08:15 AM
I'm planning on cosplaying as Naruto for all three days (being a first-time cosplayer, the idea of making even one costume is daunting). I wouldn't mind stopping by for the photoshoot, if you don't mind having a most likely crummy-looking Naruto wedged in there.

The more Narutos the better!

mariksgrl
02-03-2005, 07:43 PM
uhh i might do ethier sasuke or orochimaru it all depends but count me in ^^

Kikei
02-08-2005, 09:08 AM
I'll be going as Gaara one day, and my boyfriend Dan will be Kakashi (I'm also going to be Sakura one day, but it's a really simple costume, so I think I'll go with the Gaara one for the photoshoot).

neoangelwink
02-08-2005, 11:10 PM
tee ^_^ i got my sakura outfit 100% done i found my wig yeahee! if u like to see go look in my gallery weeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Putrocca
02-11-2005, 08:08 AM
You know, we still don't have a single Naruto character signed up for Cosplay Human Chess. Come on, ninjas, how can you pass up a chance to kick other series' characters' asses up on stage?

kakashiiruka
02-22-2005, 05:28 PM
well...i'm goin' as Iruka-sensei..............

kakashiiruka
02-22-2005, 05:30 PM
I'm goin' as Iruka-sensei :square:

kakashiiruka
02-22-2005, 05:31 PM
i have to get the vest....then another hair-cut.........then i'm done

kakashiiruka
02-22-2005, 05:32 PM
I'll be going as Gaara one day, and my boyfriend Dan will be Kakashi (I'm also going to be Sakura one day, but it's a really simple costume, so I think I'll go with the Gaara one for the photoshoot).

Don't you think that'll be too hard?

kakashiiruka
02-22-2005, 05:35 PM
hehe I finished both sasuke outfits whee. Ah time to work on Haku. ^^

did u go to Katsucon? I went.....

mariksgrl
02-23-2005, 06:50 PM
im goin as GIRL SASUKE!!!

kiwi_lady
02-23-2005, 08:20 PM
oh forgot to tell ^^;; anbu itachi is done ~ if you like to see it, its in my gallery~

neoangelwink
02-23-2005, 11:50 PM
;____; next time I am going to get a stand in so can make more photo shoots.

efugee
02-26-2005, 04:06 PM
Ill be going as kazekage Gaara! cept there will be a sign on my gourd which reads "pimp juice"

-efugee

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=6031968&Mytoken=20050226155708

number18
02-26-2005, 09:42 PM
Well, at first I was thinking when I had the money to do Tsunade or maybe even Lee (since he is my boyfriend), but then the newest chapters of the manga came out and I can't friggan wait for colored images of Sakura's new outfit to be released. I used to not like her at all, but she got cool (and some fanfic authors put some real depth to her personality that I liked) soooo now I really want to cosplay her. Like a lot. I am soooo lonely from being like the only DBZ cosplayer ever so I want to be someone with a lot of people to pose with. ;-;

So uh yeah, the point of this post was to say that if color images get out in time, I'll probably do Sakura's new outfit. Word is bond.

efugee
02-26-2005, 10:31 PM
Well, at first I was thinking when I had the money to do Tsunade or maybe even Lee (since he is my boyfriend), but then the newest chapters of the manga came out and I can't friggan wait for colored images of Sakura's new outfit to be released. I used to not like her at all, but she got cool (and some fanfic authors put some real depth to her personality that I liked) soooo now I really want to cosplay her. Like a lot. I am soooo lonely from being like the only DBZ cosplayer ever so I want to be someone with a lot of people to pose with. ;-;

So uh yeah, the point of this post was to say that if color images get out in time, I'll probably do Sakura's new outfit. Word is bond.

ya, but you have identity, everyone remembers the red ribbon girl!
i saw you at animenext in jersey 2 years ago! but ya, you should definatly get a jump in on new style sakura. people who know about the time jump seperates the true fans from the passerbyes(the manga is better in my opinion, its more direct from kishimoto, and you dont get poor filler arcs)
you should take a pic with me, im gonna be gaara from the time skip!

number18
02-26-2005, 11:39 PM
Hah. Wow, it seems I am known by a few more people than I thought... u_u;

I've been hyping myself up now. I really would love to do her costume, since it seems like it will be inexpensive to do and do fairly well... but sheeeeeesh the colors. I refuse to spend my money on something that is gonna be wrong, especially when I have so little of it. But SHEESH, new Gaara is freakin hot.

TheAnarCHris
02-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Hehehe, ah 18. So you've finally caught up and join us Narutards...nice to see ya, it's been a while girl.

Anywho, NaW (aka my fiancee and abdorable Sakura cosplayer) is in the same position as you....so am I, seeing how I'm waiting to see a new verision of Sasuke (if there is one). Wait and see I suppose...

number18
02-28-2005, 09:15 PM
Hah. Finally caught up...I feel like I've been watching it since day one. Sheesh, it's totally the new Dragonball, and officially my new favorite obsession. I'm still amazed at the sheer number of people that are fans. It's awesome.

Let's hope some damn color images come out soon. People are speculating like crazy...it's starting to get weird. :P Sasuke better look super freaking crazy or something. I'd be disappointed if he came back wearing his old clothes or whatever.

TheAnarCHris
02-28-2005, 09:47 PM
I actually prefer the blue costume over the black one, siimply bc the costume was 1000 times easier to make (to this day, I've yet to seen the Black one made in one piece as it's suppose to be).

And yeah, Naruto is totally DBZ 2005..only with better characterization..and more than like 3 girls.

neoangelwink
02-28-2005, 11:20 PM
^_^ i also want to see grown up sakura. tee im fallling the managa in the states im up to vol 5.. do fact i cant readed japenes or even spelll it right helf the time or even do engelish not too will. if i could i would be hoping to that book store by pokmon centor get up to date. if had more time to watch t.v i would try watch anime more. but if cant sew and watch tv. sub cant realyl do that with. tee ^^
18 cant waht to see! weeeee!!

number18
02-28-2005, 11:30 PM
Joeru on the boards here has done one piece black Sasuke costume. He's pretty damn good too.

And yeah, Naruto totally is a 2nd generation DB. And yes...praise be to Kishimoto for making so many decent female characters. I liken Tsunade to 18, which is funny to me, but I can't help it. Must be the blond and badass thing. And Tenten really sort of reminds me of Ibuki from Street Fighter...

Wink, you've got so long to go before you see older Sakura! I have links if you want! ;-;

neoangelwink
02-28-2005, 11:38 PM
Joeru on the boards here has done one piece black Sasuke costume. He's pretty damn good too.

And yeah, Naruto totally is a 2nd generation DB. And yes...praise be to Kishimoto for making so many decent female characters. I liken Tsunade to 18, which is funny to me, but I can't help it. Must be the blond and badass thing. And Tenten really sort of reminds me of Ibuki from Street Fighter...

Wink, you've got so long to go before you see older Sakura! I have links if you want! ;-;

ooh yeahee ^^ would like to see link tee!!!

efugee
03-01-2005, 09:25 AM
^_^ i also want to see grown up sakura. tee im fallling the managa in the states im up to vol 5.. do fact i cant readed japenes or even spelll it right helf the time or even do engelish not too will. if i could i would be hoping to that book store by pokmon centor get up to date. if had more time to watch t.v i would try watch anime more. but if cant sew and watch tv. sub cant realyl do that with. tee ^^
18 cant waht to see! weeeee!!

just read it online, its free at http://groups.msn.com/NarutoMangaReturns

its all translated too, and its only a week behind the jap release. up to 249 now

number18
03-01-2005, 08:31 PM
Yeah that's the place to go, Wink. Sometimes the pics are sized a little small and it's hard to read the text, but it's gooooood stuff.

Venator
03-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Hm... Sounds like fun. ^_^ I'll do my best to show up as Naruto, since I believe I should be getting to the convention in time (hadn't originally intended on that costume for Friday, but that's no biggie). Do you guys have a plan as to where you're going to meet? I could recommend a spot, if you'd like, having been to the convention center before.

You know, we still don't have a single Naruto character signed up for Cosplay Human Chess. Come on, ninjas, how can you pass up a chance to kick other series' characters' asses up on stage?

The second I saw your post concerning the chess game, I wanted to join up, but my costume won't be presentable until this weekend, at the earliest... I intend to apply as soon as possible, promise. =P

efugee
03-02-2005, 02:33 PM
Yeah that's the place to go, Wink. Sometimes the pics are sized a little small and it's hard to read the text, but it's gooooood stuff.

hah, i use my magnify program to deal with that. its like a window that overs on the screen and magnifys whatever the curser is over. its called magnify.exe i think. its a handy dealy, specially when your res is jacked up like mine

=p

Putrocca
03-08-2005, 10:12 PM
How can it be that not a single Naruto cosplayer is willing to volunteer to help with a cool special plan at the con? I thought Naruto was the loudest and most outgoing ninja in Kohona! You should all be ashamed... and Kakashi-sensei will be so disappointed...

Private message me for more info.

TheAnarCHris
03-09-2005, 02:30 PM
I think we have like...um... two actual Naruto cosplayers for these groups. That probably has something to do with it.

efugee
03-09-2005, 02:56 PM
How can it be that not a single Naruto cosplayer is willing to volunteer to help with a cool special plan at the con? I thought Naruto was the loudest and most outgoing ninja in Kohona! You should all be ashamed... and Kakashi-sensei will be so disappointed...

Private message me for more info.

um, ill help! (kaze kage gaara)

=p

Putrocca
03-12-2005, 10:57 PM
Sorry Gaara... we need Naruto himself for this one, not Gaara, cool as you are. But don't worry, you'll have plenty of chances to do cool con things too.

Adrienne
03-13-2005, 11:33 AM
Me and my friends are doing a Naruto group at AB. I'm cosplaying Naruto 2.0 (as I call the new version of him ^^). Should be fun!

Liminality
03-18-2005, 12:13 AM
well umm, i'm new to all this cosplaying stuff and i'm not positive i'd be going to Anime Boston(need to find out where i'd stay and ways to get there). I would go as Zabuza. I am in the process of making that costume right now. I would also be the Zabuza pre-haku or right as he met him. when he's got the Hidden Mist vest on. even tho I've got the colors wrong already blah! there weren't any good pictures of it till the most recent anime release. ohh well I guess.

niphrodel
03-23-2005, 11:54 PM
Me and my friends are doing a Naruto group at AB. I'm cosplaying Naruto 2.0 (as I call the new version of him ^^). Should be fun!

*_* that'll be so hawt.. I LOVE Naruto's new outfit!!

yeah, Friday I'm doing Orochimaru (seriously <.<) and I've got a Kabuto with me... Saturday is Rock Lee!

Putrocca
03-24-2005, 07:59 AM
*_* Friday I'm doing Orochimaru (seriously <.<) and I've got a Kabuto with me... Saturday is Rock Lee!

How did I not hear that you have a Kabuto too? I'm going to be chained to the masquerade checkin all day Friday, but you two must stop by to see me sometime in there so I can drool.

You know, my sound headband goes scarily well with my K costume when I tie it around my machine gun...

Now to go write on the blackboard 50 times:
"I will NOT give all my Hall Costume Contest Staff-vote tickets to Orochimaru-sama...
"I will NOT give all my Hall Costume Contest Staff-vote tickets to Orochimaru-sama...

niphrodel
03-24-2005, 09:23 AM
Oh, you know you can give us all the tickets to Orochimaru if you want to XDDD Feel free!! *cackles*

*nods* yes, my brother's best friend announced just the other day that he wanted to do a Kabuto cosplay so I'm making the costume for him and we'll be wandering around together for a bit... so we'll come visit you and SEDUCE YOU WITH OUR POWERS OF DARKNESS!!!!!

Just... try not to notice that the Kabuto is a head taller than the Orochimaru <.<

And dude.... SOUND-NIN K!!! That's bad ass XD

efugee
03-24-2005, 11:16 AM
Oh, you know you can give us all the tickets to Orochimaru if you want to XDDD Feel free!! *cackles*

*nods* yes, my brother's best friend announced just the other day that he wanted to do a Kabuto cosplay so I'm making the costume for him and we'll be wandering around together for a bit... so we'll come visit you and SEDUCE YOU WITH OUR POWERS OF DARKNESS!!!!!

Just... try not to notice that the Kabuto is a head taller than the Orochimaru <.<

And dude.... SOUND-NIN K!!! That's bad ass XD

hahah, crossplaying as orochimuru isn't a far fetch, after all hes a very pretty dood. what are you gonna use for his diesal ass rope belt? hahaha, you should bring like those snakes in a can, ya know the joke nuts that when you open it up the snakes pop out? and you could like shoot them outta your sleeve!!! I myself am bringing little baggies of sand to throw ;p

niphrodel
03-24-2005, 01:42 PM
hahah, crossplaying as orochimuru isn't a far fetch, after all hes a very pretty dood. what are you gonna use for his diesal ass rope belt? hahaha, you should bring like those snakes in a can, ya know the joke nuts that when you open it up the snakes pop out? and you could like shoot them outta your sleeve!!! I myself am bringing little baggies of sand to throw ;p

Oh damn, that's a CRAZY COOL idea!! *steals it* I wonder if I can get them at the party store....

kiwi_lady
03-24-2005, 01:55 PM
change of plans.. im going as kimimaro from the sound 5 >.<

efugee
03-24-2005, 01:59 PM
Oh damn, that's a CRAZY COOL idea!! *steals it* I wonder if I can get them at the party store....

haha, ill look for you there ^_^ we should hang out and stuff

niphrodel
03-24-2005, 04:00 PM
kiwi - that's awesome!! I admit Kimimaru really kinda creeps me out but I sound like a hypocryte cuz I'm a total Orochimaru-sama fangirl XD we should take a pic together ^^

Efugee - yeah, and take pictures!

kiwi_lady
03-24-2005, 08:11 PM
yes niphrodel we should! after all , orochimaru is like..kimimaro's god lol ;;
it would be cool to have piccie with gaara / rock lee like in the manga havin a showdown >.<!

Putrocca
03-24-2005, 09:04 PM
I have a snake in a can if you want to borrow it, only one, though.

And is it really crossplay to have a girl dress as Orochimaru? I mean, that one body was obviously female...

-Your loyal gun-toating sound-nin masquerade manager, K.

Putrocca
03-24-2005, 09:16 PM
OK, some friends of mine are planning to run a kind of unofficial Naruto game at AB this year called "Catch the Barrel" (For everyone who's current in the fansubs, yes it's THAT barrel...) They're going to print the rules to the game on little cards and pass them out to all the Naruto cosplayers they see, but they said I should also post them here too so people can get excited ahead of time:

CATCH THE BARREL: an at-con game for Naruto cosplayers (Naruto only, sorry everyone else.)
This is an unofficial game not associated in any way with the Anime Boston staff.

This is an A-rank mission, everyone! Somewhere in this convention someone has The Barrel, a white prop barrel with purple trim and a flag sticking up which says “Catch The Barrel”. Your mission: retrieve The Barrel, keep it as long as possible, and in the end deliver it to the Naruto photoshoot at the Cosplay Photo Station on Saturday afternoon.

How to play: When you find the ninja who has The Barrel you may Challenge him/her to one game of Rock/Paper/Scissors. The winner keeps the barrel (ties play a tiebreaker match) and carries it until it is taken by another ninja. After you loose a Challenge, you must wait 10 minutes for your Chakura to recover before you may Challenge again. Whenever you win a Challenge, as attacker or defender, write your name on the outside of The Barrel (badge name and cosplay character name). When The Barrel is delivered to the photoshoot on Saturday, small prizes will be given to the ninjas whose names appear on The Barrel the most times, and to the ninja who brings it in.

DO NOT wrestle, play-fight, run, chase each other or cause a disturbance in the convention. DO NOT Challenge other ninjas inside showings, panels or other events. KEEP THE BARREL IN THE HALLS: if you want to attend a showing or panel or leave the convention for a while, give The Barrel to another ninja before you do. If you have trouble getting rid of The Barrel, or don’t want to keep it overnight Friday night, you may drop it off at the Cosplay Photo Station. DO NOT OPEN THE BARREL or something very bad will happen to you. DO NOT CHEAT! Do not take The Barrel and hide it, do not pass it back and forth among a small team of friends without letting anyone else have a turn. IF YOU CHEAT AND RUIN HIS FUN, OROCHIMARU WILL EAT YOU!

niphrodel
03-25-2005, 05:20 PM
OK, some friends of mine are planning to run a kind of unofficial Naruto game at AB this year called "Catch the Barrel" (For everyone who's current in the fansubs, yes it's THAT barrel...) They're going to print the rules to the game on little cards and pass them out to all the Naruto cosplayers they see, but they said I should also post them here too so people can get excited ahead of time:

CATCH THE BARREL: an at-con game for Naruto cosplayers (Naruto only, sorry everyone else.)
This is an unofficial game not associated in any way with the Anime Boston staff.

This is an A-rank mission, everyone! Somewhere in this convention someone has The Barrel, a white prop barrel with purple trim and a flag sticking up which says “Catch The Barrel”. Your mission: retrieve The Barrel, keep it as long as possible, and in the end deliver it to the Naruto photoshoot at the Cosplay Photo Station on Saturday afternoon.

How to play: When you find the ninja who has The Barrel you may Challenge him/her to one game of Rock/Paper/Scissors. The winner keeps the barrel (ties play a tiebreaker match) and carries it until it is taken by another ninja. After you loose a Challenge, you must wait 10 minutes for your Chakura to recover before you may Challenge again. Whenever you win a Challenge, as attacker or defender, write your name on the outside of The Barrel (badge name and cosplay character name). When The Barrel is delivered to the photoshoot on Saturday, small prizes will be given to the ninjas whose names appear on The Barrel the most times, and to the ninja who brings it in.

DO NOT wrestle, play-fight, run, chase each other or cause a disturbance in the convention. DO NOT Challenge other ninjas inside showings, panels or other events. KEEP THE BARREL IN THE HALLS: if you want to attend a showing or panel or leave the convention for a while, give The Barrel to another ninja before you do. If you have trouble getting rid of The Barrel, or don’t want to keep it overnight Friday night, you may drop it off at the Cosplay Photo Station. DO NOT OPEN THE BARREL or something very bad will happen to you. DO NOT CHEAT! Do not take The Barrel and hide it, do not pass it back and forth among a small team of friends without letting anyone else have a turn. IF YOU CHEAT AND RUIN HIS FUN, OROCHIMARU WILL EAT YOU!

YES I WILL EAT YOU IF YOU CHEAT XDDDDDDDD

I can't WAIT for this, it's gonna be some hardcore dorky fun XP

Oh, and K-san, I'd love to borrow the snake thingie but I dun wanna feel like I'm stealing from you <.<

-JJ

Liminality
03-25-2005, 05:54 PM
now how big is this barrel? like is it something that will be very noticable(sp) if you just take a glance at the person with it?

efugee
03-25-2005, 10:29 PM
OMG that sounds sooo fun!!! i am like the RPS master! I KILL YOU

Putrocca
03-26-2005, 08:00 AM
They say their barrel will be easy to spot. I imagine something about the size of a small bucket, or one of those tins of popcorn you get at christmas time. They also say it will have a dorky conspicuous flag sticking up that says "Catch the Barrel", so it should be effectively impossible to conceal it when you have it.

Just in case, though, I may suggest that they put a "Don't conceal the barrel" clause in the rules.

And, Orochimaru-sama, the spring snake is yours if you want it. All it's doing right now is lurking in my kitchen and scaring my roommates whenever they forget where I've put it. Actually, it gets me more often than it gets them... I need to keep better track of that thing...

Golgo M.
03-26-2005, 02:57 PM
I see a possible problem with this barrel game. Don't get me wrong; I think it's a great idea, but I'm wondering if ten minutes would be long enough to wait. I really think this could get messy if too many people want to do this.

As far as cosplay goes, considering I am on staff, I don't see myself being able to bring my Kakashi costume, let alone have the time to wear it. Darn.

Putrocca
03-26-2005, 04:01 PM
I see a possible problem with this barrel game. Don't get me wrong; I think it's a great idea, but I'm wondering if ten minutes would be long enough to wait. I really think this could get messy if too many people want to do this.

Hm... we could extend it to 15... though 10 minutes is a lot, really, in a convention where there are crowds to vanish into. What do other people think?

niphrodel
03-26-2005, 10:09 PM
I think 10 minutes should be long enough.... seriously, you can get halfway across the convention center in 10 minutes, plus it's gonna be crowded. Besides, having it longer than 10 minutes runs the risk of having the game die out, if you know what I mean.

K-san! GIMME SNAKES! ^___^ Can you bring it next time we meet up? I should find something to give you in return....

Putrocca
03-27-2005, 09:31 AM
K-san! GIMME SNAKES! ^___^ Can you bring it next time we meet up? I should find something to give you in return....

Sure, I'll bring it next time I see you - I'll just demand more of your blood in return. :cool:

Out of curiosity, is anyone planning to dress as any of the Naruto summons? Pakkun, or a frog or turtle or anything? That would be a cool addition to the photo shoot.

The schedule for the Cosplay Photo Station should be up on the anime boston website really soon, by the way, along with other new cosplay announcements.

TheAnarCHris
03-29-2005, 06:56 PM
That game is completely awesome. Hey, I'm cosplaying Sasuke, so can I kick the snot out of the "winner" at the shoot....to..you know, stay in character?

kiwi_lady
03-29-2005, 07:25 PM
lol i was gonna make a barrel o sasuke myself (cosplaying kimimaro)
but looks like it'll create some confusions if i do o.0;;
would it be okay if i took picture with the barrel after the game is over?

Putrocca
03-29-2005, 11:15 PM
lol i was gonna make a barrel o sasuke myself (cosplaying kimimaro)
but looks like it'll create some confusions if i do o.0;;
would it be okay if i took picture with the barrel after the game is over?

I don't see why you couldn't take a photo...

You could probably make your own barrel if you want. The game's barrel will be conspicuous with its stupid flag sticking up and other silly elements.

neoangelwink
03-30-2005, 12:17 AM
^_^ im all set for this! check out gallery to see my sakura costume and chris saskae tee ^_^ so very exise about. cant wait to do sakura and ino pic!!

niphrodel
03-30-2005, 12:34 AM
I don't see why you couldn't take a photo...

You could probably make your own barrel if you want. The game's barrel will be conspicuous with its stupid flag sticking up and other silly elements.

As long as the flag is REALLY obvious... I'd feel a bit stupid (not to mention guilty) if I snatched away someone's prop from them <.<

Putrocca
03-31-2005, 12:31 PM
The schedule for the cosplay photo station is now online:

http://www.animeboston.com/events/masquerade/cosplay/photoschedule.shtml

Naruto is scheduled for Saturday at 3 pm.

It is inevitable that some people won't be able to make it to any given session, but that's inevitable, and the later it is the more likely it is to conflict with other major events.

efugee
03-31-2005, 02:39 PM
The schedule for the cosplay photo station is now online:

http://www.animeboston.com/events/masquerade/cosplay/photoschedule.shtml

Naruto is scheduled for Saturday at 3 pm.

It is inevitable that some people won't be able to make it to any given session, but that's inevitable, and the later it is the more likely it is to conflict with other major events.

what time is check out mandatory at the hotel? cuz i know some want you out by noon.

niphrodel
04-14-2005, 10:03 PM
Just curious - is anyone cosplaying as other members of the sound five? I know there are some Kimimaru cosplayers going.... my friend and I are going as Orochimaru and Kabuto for one of the days, so it would be fun to take pics with all the bad-ass sound nins XD

neoangelwink
04-15-2005, 08:30 AM
^_^ so exsied it getting so close to con. about 2 weekends.

kiwi_lady
04-21-2005, 02:13 PM
Just curious - is anyone cosplaying as other members of the sound five? I know there are some Kimimaru cosplayers going.... my friend and I are going as Orochimaru and Kabuto for one of the days, so it would be fun to take pics with all the bad-ass sound nins XD

oh uhh one of my friend is going as sakon >.<
*sorry for not telling u earlier ;;*

BasharOfTheAges
04-21-2005, 02:23 PM
Wow.. i guess i didn't actually post here earlier. Well, I'm going as Kakashi in a group that i believe was mentioned before. I have some early reference pics in my photo galery, but they're not the best.

Now i'm just waiting for my wig and working on a little something extra for the cosplay chess.

neoangelwink
04-21-2005, 10:01 PM
^_^ look like will be have very big group. here. ^_^ as i said ealyer going to be sakura all the sakura can fight over sakake and we can bet up lee(not really). this should be funny.