PDA

View Full Version : Naruto detail questions

kiwi
09-01-2004, 01:54 PM
Every screen shot I pull up seems to be slightly different, so I was hoping someone with the Naruto artbook (or just more general Naruto knowledge than I) could tell me if Sasuke's fan is outlined in black or not, and exactly what color Sakura's shorts are. I'm trying to get as accurate as humanly possible because they're such commonly done costumes. Thanks muchly ^^;

ZakuKitty
09-01-2004, 04:47 PM
Every screen shot I pull up seems to be slightly different, so I was hoping someone with the Naruto artbook (or just more general Naruto knowledge than I) could tell me if Sasuke's fan is outlined in black or not, and exactly what color Sakura's shorts are. I'm trying to get as accurate as humanly possible because they're such commonly done costumes. Thanks muchly ^^;

The costume looks better without a black line around the fan thingie but that's just my opinion and from seeing it done by my friend.

Sakura's shorts, to me, look like a teal sort of blue. ^^

janmurphy
09-01-2004, 06:47 PM
The only line around it in the artbook is the inking line.BUT the shirt I got from Jump Festa has a thick line of black embrodery around it.
So I would say that if it were a real shirt there would be no black outline.
Since they want to make these things stand out they often change them when they hit the stores, like my head protector, it's not just engraved it's painted black there too.
this http://janmurphy.tripod.com/Cosplay/patterns/referance/pg2.jpg also apeasrs to be lineless.
as does this http://janmurphy.tripod.com/Cosplay/patterns/referance/b202.jpg

And Sakuras shorts are teal in every one of the artbook pictures, no variation. Her shoes are also always colored teal and her head protector is teal most of the time too! Sometimes it's blue, not often. I swear the head protector color depends on what markers aren't dried out at the time he's drawing.

Eleryth
09-01-2004, 07:07 PM
I agree fully with Jan. I think it's just the inking line. It's really strange when they don't use it - watch the opening of Sprial for an example of that.

I also noticed that about Sakura's headband! I was so confused. But it is the artbook, so sometimes colors are a bit different, as they were trying different techniques. But you're right - her shorts and shoes are always teal.