PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy Bebop cosplay group!!!!

Sakana_Janai
09-01-2004, 06:53 PM
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to offically announce that my friends and I are planning a Cowboy Bebop group of Ohayocon this year!! I'm gonna be Julia and my Eggers will be Spike, and some of our other friends are planning Jet, Vicious, and maybe even Ed! We would love to have others around for photoshoots and such (we might cosplay, we haven't decided yet) So if your interested, Let me know!!!

Its so far away, but I can't wait!!

ArsenalFierce13
09-05-2004, 02:56 AM
I might bring along one of my Faye costumes, I have 3 already and a 4th one in the works. Opera Faye actually debuted at Ohayocon last year. If I get the new one done (the strapless gown from "My Funny Valentine"), I'll probably wear that.

Rameana
09-05-2004, 12:10 PM
I'll be there as Coffee. ^_^ The bounty huntress from Mushroom Samaba. ^_^

Troppy
09-06-2004, 02:09 PM
I'm going to be premiering Julia (catsuit version) myself, and if my suitcase is empty enough, I'll probably cart along the Real Folk Blues trenchcoat, too. I have a Faye that I'm pairing up with as well... and a Vicious to drag around...

looks like lots of Bebop! :rockon:

Sakana_Janai
09-09-2004, 02:54 PM
Sweet! Looks like a lot of people! (^^)

As I said, I don't know what days everyone will be down there, but my Eggers and I are planning on being there all 3 days, if we can work it out with one of our friends who lives in Colombus.

I'm not going as the catsuit Julia... I'm going as the Real Folk Blues version. (Me, in a catsuit?! Yeah, right) I know, its a way easy costume, thats why we're gonna put so much into the Spike outfit.

Keep me informed!

BountyBebopLuva
09-10-2004, 10:57 PM
I'm really thinking of doing Electra from the movie. I would LOVE to get together with everyone whom seems to love Bebop as much as I do and trust me, I bleed Bebop!

Rameana
09-11-2004, 06:30 PM
An Electra!! Sweet!!!

Oh this is gonna be a cool photoshoot. But when do you all wanna have it?

Bahzi
09-12-2004, 05:20 AM
I have an Ed costume, and I remade my computer, this time it's a real working computer in a box...I had some extra parts, don't ask. :P I can also do a good voice impression of Ed. Also, Rameana, is it just me or is you avatar the white wolf from Balto?

Rameana
09-13-2004, 12:25 PM
heheheheeh...Animeisha, you got it right. ^_^ Yes it is the white wolf from Balto. ^_^

Also this is turning out to be a great Bebop group.

Sakana_Janai
09-14-2004, 10:58 AM
Sweet deal! This is gonna be a great group! And the way I see it, the more the merrier!

And yes, bounty bebop, Cowboy Bebop is the BEST!

Has anyone started on their stuff yet? I sure haven't! I have to make a Princess Fiona (Sherk) costume for work as well as getting my goth look together for Halloween! Also, I'm going to Sugiocon and I'm planning a Chiyo from Azumanga costume. Anyone else feel like they have 20 billion costumes to finish??

Rameana
09-14-2004, 06:20 PM
ME!!! I have 50 billion to make. You see all the ones in my sig????? Yea,over half of those are supposed to be done byt Jan.

Sugoi : Which is STILL up in the air if I'm attending
* Sasuke
* Blue (Wolf's Rain)
- I'll cosplay her here IF I plan on cosplaying Kiba's Wolf Form at Ohayo

Ohayo:
* Irvine
* Wakka
* Alice/Yuna
* Jajuka
* Coffee
* A Wolf's Rain
* Haruka (which is done except for a wig)
PLUS
I'll be bringing - Kouga

So, I'm pretty busy. ^_^

BountyBebopLuva
09-14-2004, 10:21 PM
Points to her cosplaying list: that's what I'm working on.. nothing much but still

LilMeesh
09-19-2004, 12:22 AM
Hmm, Alogn with going as Vash, i could possibly bring my Vicious costume for a while t'would be fun.

BountyBebopLuva
09-19-2004, 10:50 PM
Indeed it would be!

ArsenalFierce13
09-23-2004, 11:08 PM
Anyone else feel like they have 20 billion costumes to finish??

OOOH yeah, I have that feeling. I'm trying to finish 2 costumes in less than a month for Anime Reactor (which is probably NOT going to happen... sigh, I'll just have to pick between Gunner Paine and I-no, Paine is started but I-no was gonna be my witchy Halloween costume....). Then I want to finish whatever I don't have done by Reactor for Sugoicon, and then I've gotten it in my head that I really want a Lulu costume, which would probably be my big Ohayocon project (not to mention my money drain), and I have material for Black Mage Paine, which was originally going to be my Halloween costume before I was convinced to do I-no. At this rate, I'll probably bring one of my old Faye costumes (probably Opera Faye, given all the Viciouses that are promising to show), but who knows, maybe I can pull a new one out of the usual place.

BountyBebopLuva
09-24-2004, 03:48 AM
OOOH yeah, I have that feeling. I'm trying to finish 2 costumes in less than a month for Anime Reactor (which is probably NOT going to happen... sigh, I'll just have to pick between Gunner Paine and I-no, Paine is started but I-no was gonna be my witchy Halloween costume....). Then I want to finish whatever I don't have done by Reactor for Sugoicon, and then I've gotten it in my head that I really want a Lulu costume, which would probably be my big Ohayocon project (not to mention my money drain), and I have material for Black Mage Paine, which was originally going to be my Halloween costume before I was convinced to do I-no. At this rate, I'll probably bring one of my old Faye costumes (probably Opera Faye, given all the Viciouses that are promising to show), but who knows, maybe I can pull a new one out of the usual place.

Yippie! I lurv your Faye costumes so.. I'll warn you before I glomp.. ok? j/k.. >.> I'm over my glomping stage.. really, I am.

ArsenalFierce13
09-25-2004, 03:53 PM
Yippie! I lurv your Faye costumes so.. I'll warn you before I glomp.. ok? j/k.. >.> I'm over my glomping stage.. really, I am.

Hehe, why thank you! *^_^* I think I'm used to getting glomped at this point, or maybe not so much glomped as getting lots and lots of hugs. Vinyl does that to people, I guess, since I get the most in my yellow Faye and my Chocolate Misu outfits.

BountyBebopLuva
09-25-2004, 11:20 PM
Hee hee.. I seen you at Ohayocon this year but I was in line for the dealers room and I turned my back and you went *poof* :( This time I'm gonna meet you! Indeed!

kittytreats
09-28-2004, 01:46 AM
Man there's gonna be alot of bebop people this year! I'm currently working on Spike's costume for my brother. I don't know if I"m gonna dress up though, *L* make sure to glomp him if you see him with a girl with kitty ears! ;)

BountyBebopLuva
09-28-2004, 03:02 AM
I am a Spike fangirl, I will glomp him.

ArsenalFierce13
09-28-2004, 06:19 PM
All this Bebop talk is really inspiring me to make my new Faye outfit. I have so many ideas bubbling, Faye keeps getting pushed aside, but I really do love cosplaying her... I think I'm going to have to buckle down and do Faye's gown for Ohayocon, I have part of the fabric already anyway.

Bahzi
09-28-2004, 06:54 PM
Fayes gown, you mean the one she had for the costume party in Cowboy Funk or the one she wore in My Funny Valentine? I think there was also another one in a promo photo of Jet in a suit with her with a gown that resembled the opera gown, or maybe it was the opera gown.... I founf a giant plastic jack o lantern the other day that I could cut a hole in it and put it on my head like Ed did in the movie. I also found a pink ruffled dress I used in drama years ago...come to think of it, it may have belonged to the drama department...oops! ^^; Anyway a new costume would be cool but the ones you have are awesome Faye-Faye!

BountyBebopLuva
09-28-2004, 09:15 PM
I have this image of "Pop star" Faye I've been wanting to do>.> but.. I would have to loose like.. 20 pounds.. heh

kittytreats
09-29-2004, 03:11 AM
I am a Spike fangirl, I will glomp him.
hehe I will so take pictures of his glompings. I can just image the look on is face --> :reverse:

ArsenalFierce13
09-29-2004, 05:26 PM
Fayes gown, you mean the one she had for the costume party in Cowboy Funk or the one she wore in My Funny Valentine? I think there was also another one in a promo photo of Jet in a suit with her with a gown that resembled the opera gown, or maybe it was the opera gown.... I founf a giant plastic jack o lantern the other day that I could cut a hole in it and put it on my head like Ed did in the movie.

I'm planning to do the one from My Funny Valentine, I found a pattern that's almost dead-on so it should hopefully come together pretty smoothly. I also might do the Cowboy Funk outfit somewhere down the road, I've thought about it before. The jack-o-lantern Ed would be great to see, it would really make you stand out as an Ed! Plus anything combining Bebop and Halloween is cool in my book.

Sakana_Janai
10-14-2004, 12:31 AM
Uf, its been so long since I posted! I've been working like 40 hours a week plus going to college... soooo lets just say I havent had time for ANYTHING.

I am working on my halloween costume... I'm going as a goth, its gonna be awesome. I haven't even started on my Egger's Spike outfit, that will probably be something we work on over Christmas vacation er something. (^^)

BountyBebopLuva
10-14-2004, 09:47 PM
I canna wait for this! It's gonna be soo cool! Yippie for fellow Bebop fans! *huggles everyone*

Sakana_Janai
11-13-2004, 12:31 AM
w00t! Ohayocon is getting closer!

My friend Scott is totally getting ready for his Jet cosplay. He's growing out his hair and beard and starting to buy parts for his costume! My Eggers and I haven't started on our costumes, but we've both been busy with school, work, and for me at least, The Sims 2.

So hows everyone doing??

ArsenalFierce13
11-13-2004, 08:42 PM
So hows everyone doing??

Well, I cut my Faye dress pattern, and I have my main fabric, but I'm having a hard time finding some of the other materials I want. I found the perfect fabric for the floofy underskirt at Joann's back in Chicago, but that color doesn't seem to exist in Cincinnati, and I've been to 3 stores already. I might try to find it when I go home for Thanksgiving. Velvet ribbon also seems to be a rare commodity, but I think it would be so much better for the trim than satin. I found the wider stuff for my choker and headband, but the narrower ribbon that I want to use to trim the dress is nonexistent, at least in black. Again, maybe I'll find it in Chicago.... I'm also trying to get wig dye so I can make my Faye wig not bright purple (I've probably said it before, but I cut my hair and need a wig with my costumes now). I should be getting my samples soon, and then I can figure out what color will make it look most Faye-ish.

BountyBebopLuva
11-13-2004, 11:55 PM
Well, I'm currently finishing up my other costumes for Sugoi so I'll start Electra the beginning of next month, by then my hair will be perfect for the costume! And.. may I add, I am so happy to hear we will be having a Jet! I've seen so many Bebop groups sans Jet and well.. that's sad. :(

Ashiri-chan
11-17-2004, 03:04 AM
I'll be there as Judy from the Big Shot bounty tv show. ^^

Yay for bebop photoshoots!

I'll be looking for all of you!

BountyBebopLuva
11-17-2004, 05:38 AM
OMG! A Judy! I HAVE to take photos of you! sweet

Ashiri-chan
11-17-2004, 12:04 PM
hehe, you got it ^_~

BountyBebopLuva
11-17-2004, 12:18 PM
Yay! The whole cast is filling in. I would die happy if there was a Andy

Rameana
11-17-2004, 02:09 PM
I just need to buy my wig and some red heels and I'm ready!!! ^_^

Sakana_Janai
11-18-2004, 12:38 PM
Glad to see everyone is well! A Cowboy Andy, huh? Hmmm. I dunno, I'll have to ask around, I agree that would be very enjoyable. Too bad my boyfriend (spike) doesn't have a brother or something, because he looks like Andy too!

I can't wait tho. We definately will need to set up a time and place when to meet and take photos. What day(s) are you planning on being there? We are plannong on being there all 3 days hopefully, but I think the big bebop group is going to happen on Saturday.

Well gtg! Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Rameana
11-18-2004, 05:45 PM
all 3 days!!! ^_^ I'll be there all 3 days. Party time!!

ArsenalFierce13
11-18-2004, 07:58 PM
As of right now I'm planning on all 3 days. I should have some friends coming in from out of town, so they'll probably be my excuse to play hooky from work for the weekend.

Sakana_Janai
12-02-2004, 01:09 PM
Awesome, I'm planning on being there all 3 days too- I'm totally pumped! but, I think my friends from up here are planning on just going on Saturday, since they have to work and stuff. (personally, I'm gonna make sure I get ALL WEEKEND off- hehe)

Rameana
12-03-2004, 03:29 AM
I was just wondering... does everyone know who I am, as in cosplaying Coffee?
Her name is never said in the show, I had to look it up. She is the female bounty hunter from the Mushroom Samba, Session #17. I just don't wanna walk up and no one knows who I am.
^_^

Here's a pic...
http://www.jazzmess.com/gal/ep17/coffee.jpg

ArsenalFierce13
12-03-2004, 12:01 PM
I was just wondering... does everyone know who I am, as in cosplaying Coffee?
Her name is never said in the show, I had to look it up. She is the female bounty hunter from the Mushroom Samba, Session #17. I just don't wanna walk up and no one knows who I am.
^_^

Here's a pic...
http://www.jazzmess.com/gal/ep17/coffee.jpg

That's awesome! I've never seen a Coffee before (I actually did know her name, I've got a gazillion Bebop artbooks). This is turning out to be a great group, with a lot of underrepresented characters/outfits coming out.

Sakana_Janai
12-08-2004, 12:11 PM
I'm so glad you're doing Coffee Ramena! Indeed, gotta love the underrated characters. I'm trying to get someone to cosplay either Mefia or Zeroes, I think either or those would be nice. I just hope there aren't *too* many Julias this year- I hate getting mixed up in the jumbles.

Does anyone know if our photoshoot is going to be offical? I sure hope so!

ArsenalFierce13
12-09-2004, 06:24 PM
Does anyone know if our photoshoot is going to be offical? I sure hope so!

I think there's a thread for setting an official time/place to meet for the shoot.

Sakana_Janai
12-11-2004, 12:40 AM
::nods:: I posted on there... I just wasn't sure if they had set any "official" ones yet. (^^)

In good news- I got my trenchcoat ordered! It looks perfect, in my size, and was only 5 dollars! Ah, gotta love ebay. (^^)

So, do any of you want to do a skit or anything? I really haven't thought about it yet (I've never done one myself for a con, many many times for theatre things) but hey, I just thought I'd find out if anyone is interested and had any good idears. (^^)

BountyBebopLuva
12-11-2004, 09:35 PM
Hey everyone.. well.. I might just be popping in in my Electra costume seeing how I'm going to be a part of a uber, uber big Angel Sanctuary group.. and I'm cosplaying one of the main character soo.. yeah..

ArsenalFierce13
12-12-2004, 09:32 PM
::nods:: I posted on there... I just wasn't sure if they had set any "official" ones yet. (^^)

In good news- I got my trenchcoat ordered! It looks perfect, in my size, and was only 5 dollars! Ah, gotta love ebay. (^^)

So, do any of you want to do a skit or anything? I really haven't thought about it yet (I've never done one myself for a con, many many times for theatre things) but hey, I just thought I'd find out if anyone is interested and had any good idears. (^^)

I'll have to check it again, there wasn't anything about the Bebop shoot when I looked at it.

Ah, ebay is cosplay heaven. I think just about everything I've ordered off ebay has either been a cd or something cosplay-related.

I would love to do a skit, I haven't done one in over a year (and won awards for the 2 I did before that, so yay for that track record ^_~... I'm not trying to brag, just saying that skits are my thing, when I have ideas for them). I really wanted to do one with my I-no costume, but all my Guilty Gear pals are kind of wishy-washy about it (I'm not even sure how many of them are actually coming), plus I don't have any ideas. So yeah, I'd be willing to enter I-no in the hall competition instead and wear a Faye costume on stage, if anyone has any ideas for what we could do or we could brainstorm or something.

Rameana
01-06-2005, 08:49 PM
are we still doing this????

BountyBebopLuva
01-07-2005, 12:47 AM
Seems as everyone is falling alway from doing it.. I won't have the time.. nor the money to do Electra.. sadly *whimpers*

Sakana_Janai
01-07-2005, 02:25 AM
Well, we (Spike and Chibi Julia) are still going to be there all weekend, with the exception of Saturday afternoon when we have to attend a wedding. I'd still love to get together with everyone and do a photoshoot sometime Saturday evening, if anyone is going to be around. As far as a skit goes, sorry but I won't be able to come because of the wedding and all. I'd still love to come and see anyone who does compete tho!

So, let me know!

ArsenalFierce13
01-07-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm not even sure if I'm going to make it now, most of my friends have bailed on me. I have to see if I can get a ride and place to stay, or if I even have the time to go since I'm going to be in the process of moving AGAIN. I'm still trying to have my new Faye done in case I do get to go, but we'll see how it pans out.

Rameana
01-07-2005, 06:16 PM
I don't think I can have Coffee ready by then. So my answer is no, for now. It could change some time next week after I finish my skit costume. But I will have Coffee ready for other Cons. ^_^

marsie
01-09-2005, 06:23 PM
Is there a time for this shoot yet?

Please let me and Eurobeat know if there is an offical time!