PDA

View Full Version : FFX-2 Pine

Limeyaku
12-13-2002, 11:57 PM
http://www.gameforms.com/games/ps2/ffx-2/media/media15/butch.jpg

there she is. FINALLY! interesting...I'd like to see how many people can pull off a half-good cosplay of her. O.o not only is her costume insanely detailed, but the hair is...woah...

her face kinda looks like yunas tho.

IIIIII think shes awesome. a lot of others have already said blah tho...o well!

gOod luck to future pine-cosplayers!

luv
limeyaku

katrinastrife
12-14-2002, 12:14 AM
FFX-2 = Fan Service

I dunno... Interesting, I guess. But, as someone before me said, definitely more than Rikku and Lulu combined.

and WHAT is with the hair? it makes her look like a guy...

Michi
12-14-2002, 12:57 AM
o.o Are masculine women bad? I think she looks great. I love the textures, and the design. It's so tempting to cosplay. :X Not very FFish, honestly, but... Not much of any of this is anymore. -.-

Sana-chan
12-14-2002, 01:30 AM
Woaaaaah buddy lol from those earlier released pics of her all "shrouded in msytery" I thought she had the fur thing going on like Lulu and all that. Tis an interesting costume... I don't really like her hair tho @_@.

soshi
12-14-2002, 02:23 AM
uhh I think she looks like one of the stupid little "I AM SO PUNK I SHOP AT HOT TOPIC AND DON'T BATHE AND LISTEN TO AVRIL LAVIGNE" 12 year olds... BLAH!

not impressed.

*STILL thinks they should have just given the game a decent ending or made a prequel about Auron*

Studmaster
12-14-2002, 02:24 AM
This is supposed to be Lulu's replacement?!?!?

She makes me cry. COME BACK Lulu! :lost: :bigcry: :waaaah: :miffed:

Michi
12-14-2002, 02:58 AM
12 year olds wear that these days..? That disturbs me, a lot. I must not get out much. X_x;

ClutZGurl
12-14-2002, 03:07 AM
You'd be surprised, Michi~

o_O @ the chick... man, yeah, I soooo move for a vote to bringing Lulu back!

LMAO she reminds me of Pink, though, you know...the singer who doesn't like to be labeled. I guess she was the other girl in the background of the FFX-2 poster with Yuna on it, eh? Her sword looks like the one in the silhouette, but I could be wrong.

They should make Tidessa...that'd be awesome :D Like a buffed out, temperamental girl who plays Blitzball. Whee!

...it's late >_> <_<

Oshi
12-14-2002, 09:51 AM
I like her. She uses a sword. And I like swords. =B

Tifa
12-14-2002, 10:01 AM
Um, she creeps me out.. x.x Merph, but I'm just hoping you don't think punks actually listen to Avril Lavigne and don't bathe.. I just got confused and a little offended there =--=

Sami
12-14-2002, 10:03 AM
"Pine"? What's next, "Oak" and "Birch"? x_x;;;;;

Squaresoft is beginning to make me wonder if they're all not hopped up on smack or something.. >_>

Celine
12-14-2002, 10:03 AM
She definitely has a boyish style to her hair, but I really like it. I was never a big fan of Lulu's design and like this character's looks much better. Still, as far as FFX-2 characters go, I prefer that villain woman. But Pine has a darned cool punk design, in my opinion! Although... it doesn't look like she is wearing a top? Just that thing wrapped around her arms, which would make her life difficult if she raises her arms.

Sakura
12-14-2002, 11:00 AM
She is REALLY shibby looking- I am so cosplaying her!

Deathscythe
12-14-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Studmaster
This is supposed to be Lulu's replacement?!?!?

She makes me cry. COME BACK Lulu! :lost: :bigcry: :waaaah: :miffed:

Shocking isn't it? She looks crappy.

She looks like she should be in Guilty Gear XX. Also remember Heero, Lulu is pregnant in the story.

Oh well, too bad this game looks like its gonna suck. Of course I'm gonna have to play it because I fell victim to the ever-so-lame FFX.

Thats what Aeris would look like on the PS2 with shorter hair. And don't forget about the sword. Aeris with a sword.

Yup.....she sucks.

soshi
12-14-2002, 11:11 PM
Merph, but I'm just hoping you don't think punks actually listen to Avril Lavigne and don't bathe.. I just got confused and a little offended there =--=

I was making fun of people who think they're punk because they listen to self-labeled retards. I've been around the music scene in Los Angeles for a very long time, and when I see young kids running around pulling labels like "I'm goth" and "I'm punk", it bothers me.. a lot. that's what this PINE weirdo reminds me of, is all... a little girl who needs to be slapped. punks generally don't bathe too often, tho. ruins the hair. =P

anyway...

I *STILL* think they should have just given FFX a decent ending and made a prequal about Auron. *eyetwitch*

Bell-chan
12-14-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Celine
Although... it doesn't look like she is wearing a top? Just that thing wrapped around her arms, which would make her life difficult if she raises her arms. I never thought about that... o_0 I doubt that she's wearing nothing underneath that. Probably some strapless sort of thing. But... I don't think I'd cosplay it anyway. I wouldn't look very good in it. *inches away...*

DJ(SiC)ness
12-14-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by soshi
I was making fun of people who think they're punk because they listen to self-labeled retards. I've been around the music scene in Los Angeles for a very long time, and when I see young kids running around pulling labels like "I'm goth" and "I'm punk", it bothers me.. a lot. that's what this PINE weirdo reminds me of, is all... a little girl who needs to be slapped. punks generally don't bathe too often, tho. ruins the hair. =P

i know how that is

i hate kids like that...and it just started to happen in the last couple of years, when MTV started playing them. Im not a fan of punk and it insults me, becuase they do the same with the music i listen to. They play it on MTV and the next day there are 100 averl clones at my school. Im starting to wonder if they listen to the music.

I just want to go up to some of them rip the pined patches on there cloths at point at them and say "NO!"

soshi
12-14-2002, 11:55 PM
LOL the pin Nazi...

NO PINS FOR YOU!

... buwah.

Michi
12-15-2002, 12:40 AM
About the Oak and Birch comment.. ^^; It isn't Pine, it's actually Pain. It says in katakana on that advertisement 'Pa-i-n'. x.x

JoeBoeing
12-15-2002, 12:50 AM
Am I the only one who thought of Mad Max when I 1st saw the pic?

I've been disapointed with FF character designs of late (from FFVII on)... it's just not the FF I grew up on. It's a shame.

FRom,
Joe

Oshi
12-15-2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Michi
About the Oak and Birch comment.. ^^; It isn't Pine, it's actually Pain. It says in katakana on that advertisement 'Pa-i-n'. x.x Yes... and in Japanese, "pa-i-n" would be pronounced like the english Pine... ^^v
If it were Pain, the kana would be "pe-i-n"

ClutZGurl
12-15-2002, 04:09 PM
Ok, I SWEAR she looks like Pink with dark hair.

http://www.addictedtopink.com/pictures/P!NK012.jpg
http://www.addictedtopink.com/pictures/P!NK006.jpg
http://www.addictedtopink.com/pictures/P!NK018.jpg

SEE???

Dude, I think Tetsuya Nomura was overexposed to music divas when he came here for the KH demo day at the Metreon. Yuna looks like Britney Spears, and Rikku looks like Christina Aguilera. Are the villains gonna be like, Li'l Kim and Missy Elliot?

Tifa
12-15-2002, 06:40 PM
*blinks* I have never met a real punk that doesn't bathe often enough.. Well, anyway, let's get this straight--AVRIL LAVIGNE IS A POSER AND NOT A PUNK. Okay, I feel better now.

Umi
12-16-2002, 12:31 AM
um... *noddles to many of the recent comments* Actually it's pretty retro and sort of refreshing to see a Square chick in leather. Move over Squall and Tidus! =D

Nine
12-17-2002, 12:50 PM
*is mad that she isn't Lulu*

-_-;;; oh well.. she would have been a kick ass model for lulu. Just have the dark dark brown lulu coloured hair.. :S Oh well.. this character is still really awesome looking - and I can see myself getting obsessed to heck with her XD

ChibiMoFo
12-20-2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Nine
*is mad that she isn't Lulu*

-_-;;; oh well.. she would have been a kick ass model for lulu. Just have the dark dark brown lulu coloured hair.. :S Oh well.. this character is still really awesome looking - and I can see myself getting obsessed to heck with her XD

I'm glad its not lulu, she's so much betta I really hate the hair on this girl, the outfits fine but the hair :eek: I hope the job thingy changes her hair hehe

ChibiMoFo
12-20-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by katrinastrife
FFX-2 = Fan Service

I vote for Lulu wearing only 2 belts then :D

Otherwise this is a better team...

chibi_yuna
12-20-2002, 09:04 PM
her name is paine u can see her pic on http://www.playonline.com/ffx2/index.html
i think she looks pretty.rikku and yuna look pretty too but god they showin to much skin.anyway paine looks like a younger version of lulu

darko
12-23-2002, 06:05 PM
I like her hair. Ha, she reminds me of Elvis.
Out of the known main characters, I'd have to like Pine the most by default. Yuna and Rikku are rating too high on the skank-o-meter to get any respect. Butch of not, she's not running around in short-shorts and a bra. Skin-tight leather, yes, but at least her bum isn't hanging out.

kelldar
12-23-2002, 07:34 PM
It's certainly different. I like it, but I don't think I want to cosplay it. I think she looks cool and not girly and she has a sword, three things I like in characters, but overall she doesn't make me go all "WHOA! I wanna make that!" I would love to see someone do it though...

Troppy
12-23-2002, 10:27 PM
I actually really like Paine...just because, from what I've seen of her personality, it actually seems to FIT the outfit. Yuna and Rikku just got thrown into fan service clothing because...well...no reason really, except fanboy eye candy.

Notice in http://ffxposed.com screenshots that Lulu, Wakka, and Kimahri make cameos...yet they wear the same clothing. (Wakka still in his Aurochs Uniform frightens me, but that's a story for another day.)

Anyway...I think she's acceptable. Her outfit isn't stellar, and the sword makes her seem like a cheap replacement for Auron and Lulu, but I'm glad theres finally an FF chick that can kick some butt. Quistis was OK, but the fact that she was still a sexpot to all her students just made the "strong girl" image they were trying to go for shatter in my eyes...

DJ(SiC)ness
12-24-2002, 01:48 AM
there trying to apeal to girls and us horn dog guys