PDA

View Full Version : Australian Cosplay Picnic? Interested?

Chastangela
09-02-2004, 03:40 AM
Greetings!

All right all you Aussie cosplayers, I think its time to stand up and be noticed.....here in Australia, that is. I don't know when, how or where, but I wanted to know how many people out there would be interested in getting together for a fun Cosplay day? Get together in costume, bring your latest projects to talk about and scare the surrounding Australian populace into thinking they've been invaded by cartoons. With so few conventions to attend, I personally would love another excuse to dress up and a chance to talk to other fans of anime etc.

Nothing is planned at the moment but I'll let you know the tentative thoughts I've been thinking. I'm in Sydney so I'm thinking its a good place to hold it. <lol> Also, if there is a big enough interest, then its halfway between Brisbane and Melbourne and not so far for both to drive if they wish to attend. I'm thinking summer time, since its such great weather, but after Christmas....say January? The only place thats central, easy to find and has enough open space for people to run around in is the Botanical Gardens but I'm not sure what kind of laws/requirements they have for large groups meeting up there. Plus, if somebody wants to make this a BYO BBQ, I don't believe they have any public bbqs. Ideas anyone? I very open to them. I know Tascape is held at Maroubra Beach, Sydney, so maybe thats a good alternative.

So, please feel free to post and tell me your thoughts and interest and ideas and you can also PM me if you need to ask any questions etc.

Cheers!

VegieSupreme
09-02-2004, 07:31 PM
That would be a good idea. You can count me in.

However, I won't be in costume. I'm not planning on cosplaying til next year.

Sowwie :thumbsup:

Still not certain 'bout summer either. U no that cosplaying tends to get very hot and with the himidity of Summer, I won't be surprised if any1 passes out. :eeek:

Other than that, I'll like to meet up with you guys.

Guess I'm in. :jjacks:

Flipper
09-05-2004, 03:05 AM
Sounds like a fantastic idea~ I'd say I would definitely go, if I didn't live in Melbourne ^^; But who knows what the summer vacation will bring? Maybe I'll be able to earn enough money working during the summer to fly up there? ^_^ Good idea~ ^^b

Ruri
09-15-2004, 02:38 AM
Sounds like a good idea, I'm in ^^

Botanical Gardens can havea lot of people cuz my uni is near it..=\ There's a lways a lot of school kids having lunch there, so big groups should be fine :)

Fenix_tamer1
09-29-2007, 11:25 PM
I wouldnt mind goin either, to bad im moving to Queensland, i mean, isolated queensland, but one year, if your still holding the cosplay meetings, and i have enough money, maybe i'll attend. Personally, ive never been to a cosplay fun day thingo, but i really like the idea. I wouldn't mind causing havok in sydney either, lol, but ive got to hand it to you, you have some eccellent ideas.

Xainoe
10-08-2007, 12:47 AM
I'd love to go! The problem is getting there. I only live about an hour from Sydney, but I'd be extremly surprised if my parents would let me go. xD

Saerie
10-11-2007, 09:06 PM
I'd be able to go. ^^

Kalenture
02-02-2009, 05:03 AM
I'm so in...I live on the Central Coast so I would love to meet other Cosplayers...

Kalenture
02-02-2009, 05:06 AM
Yup only I would reply to an anicent thread