PDA

View Full Version : An Upstate NY Cosplay Club

Kairi G
09-03-2004, 12:43 AM
Ok, from working on organizing the first Upstate NY cosplay picnic, i have found that there is a large number of cosplayers in our area. Well I was thinking that it would be really fun to start a Cosplay club that could meet maybe monthly or so to organize events, share progress, get groups together for cons, take photos etc....

I would be willing to help in organizing this, So is there interest?

Mystic Blossom
09-03-2004, 01:17 AM
You know I'm certainly in, dear.

Quantum9
09-03-2004, 02:26 AM
Well, I'd probably only join as a reservest member, due to the fact that with college, work, and the website, I won't be able to go to every con (possibly not even ANY cons :( ) But, I'm in.

hikura
09-03-2004, 04:33 PM
Sure why not.I am game.I will bring this up with a few peeps i know.

Kairi G
09-03-2004, 04:53 PM
Im thinking at the picnic we can bring it up sometime. Ill also take a survey of people at the picnic to see if there is enough interest.

nexgenjetta
09-03-2004, 07:21 PM
yo i'm up at college at plattsburgh where would you be doing this i'm definatly intrested let me know .... have car will travel

Kairi G
09-03-2004, 07:36 PM
well, im in Niskayuna which is near albany....... So depending on who all is interested, and where we could meet.......it would prolly mostly be around albany i think....a bit far from plattsburgh, but im sure we could work something out.

nexgenjetta
09-04-2004, 08:20 PM
ya definatly well keep me in the loop my email is nexgenjetta@aol.com

Kairi G
09-04-2004, 11:03 PM
kk, this is super! i should start an email list........ ill get right on that!

Archelon
09-05-2004, 10:23 AM
Count me in.

chrono
09-08-2004, 02:49 PM
You know I'm in. Let me know if I can help :)

When we have something a little more formal (like a website or something), I will advertise our new formation through Animerathon and Genericon.

Kairi G
09-08-2004, 09:48 PM
yay! thanks Chrono.....i definatly think we should take some time to plan this at the picnic.

Ryoko-Dono
09-11-2004, 09:33 PM
I'm in, definatly. Remember to TELL us Kairi if you need/want help. ^_^ Even though you do a marvelous job planning things is a lil much for just one person sometimes.

hikura
09-11-2004, 09:46 PM
Ok defintely intrested.I can be reached at fshepard@nycap.rr.com.

Kairi G
09-11-2004, 11:00 PM
oh ill be sure to tap you for help Ryoko!

yummy
09-12-2004, 03:22 PM
oh i'm in!! even with field hockey and work it shouldn't be too hard!

mariksgrl
09-12-2004, 05:28 PM
you already know im in for it ^_-v ~mariksgrl89@yahoo.com~i already signed up but just in case~

Kairi G
09-12-2004, 05:32 PM
yay! this is super........ well now that we have a few people hanging out here...... how do we want to handle it all.... like should we have monthly meetings at peoples houses? what sorts of things would people want to do in a cosplay club?

ShinobiHime
09-12-2004, 05:46 PM
You know I'm in, of course! :heart:

Kairi G
09-12-2004, 07:02 PM
Should i make a hotmail email address for the club?

do we want to call it something cool?

Ryoko-Dono
09-12-2004, 07:54 PM
yay! this is super........ well now that we have a few people hanging out here...... how do we want to handle it all.... like should we have monthly meetings at peoples houses? what sorts of things would people want to do in a cosplay club?

For some of us at least we seemed to have trouble with parents for the picnic. So I know that my dad might have issues with me going to someone's house who they don't know. Perhaps we could have them in a more public spot at the start at least? I know where me and Kairi live our local library and Fire Department allow for my girl scout troop to have meetings there.

I'm thinking that critiqing costumes would be cool. I always like to get advice/opinions. It would also be cool to perhaps have tutorials once in a while? Certain people are really good at certain things and could show the rest of us. Also when it comes to be closer to the summer the club could meet to organize the picnic.

Kairi G
09-12-2004, 07:55 PM
hmmmmmm library...... didnt think of that...... maybe something like that could work

chrono
09-13-2004, 12:33 PM
I know where me and Kairi live our local library and Fire Department allow for my girl scout troop to have meetings there.
I wonder if we'll be quiet enough for a library? o_O; A fire department sounds cool though!

Also, I know RPI has tons of free rooms a lot of the time, so depending on when it was scheduled, we could get a classroom or 2 available. I think a classroom would probably be plenty big enough for our first meeting. Then we can play music and even project things onto the screen XD

I'm sure other schools have similar facilities if Troy is not centrally enough located.

As for stuff to do... I have costumes I want to make, but honestly, I haven't worked on them at all. I think being around other motivated people would help me to get in the right mindset. So I guess my idea is to have a work on cosplay meeting :)

Oh right, and as usual, I propose the name NYU! Cosplay ^.^

Should i make a hotmail email address for the club?
I would avoid hotmail if you can help it. I think yahoo & gmail would probably be better. But are you talking about ML opportunities? If that's the case, then I know yahoo has certain limitations that cause people to hesitate to join.

And then I was going to suggest a forum on a web site we create, but then again, it's convenient using cosplay.com's isn't it ^^;

Ryoko-Dono
09-13-2004, 12:58 PM
I wonder if we'll be quiet enough for a library? o_O; A fire department sounds cool though!

Also, I know RPI has tons of free rooms a lot of the time, so depending on when it was scheduled, we could get a classroom or 2 available. I think a classroom would probably be plenty big enough for our first meeting. Then we can play music and even project things onto the screen XD

I'm sure other schools have similar facilities if Troy is not centrally enough located.

As for stuff to do... I have costumes I want to make, but honestly, I haven't worked on them at all. I think being around other motivated people would help me to get in the right mindset. So I guess my idea is to have a work on cosplay meeting :)

Oh right, and as usual, I propose the name NYU! Cosplay ^.^

I would avoid hotmail if you can help it. I think yahoo & gmail would probably be better. But are you talking about ML opportunities? If that's the case, then I know yahoo has certain limitations that cause people to hesitate to join.

And then I was going to suggest a forum on a web site we create, but then again, it's convenient using cosplay.com's isn't it ^^;

Kairi, if we want a ml on gmail tell me. I have 6 invites, so if annyone wants one just tell me. ^_^

Kairi G
09-13-2004, 05:28 PM
I have no idea how Gmail works....and Yahoo is horrible with the spam and stealing of lists......personally i love hotmail's ml options.

but ill wait on that...

DJ. i think RPI would be great, would you be able to find anything out about getting space there?

nexgenjetta
09-13-2004, 10:29 PM
hmm mail is mail for now lets take what we can get ... and a web site would definatly be cool

chrono
09-13-2004, 11:37 PM
DJ. i think RPI would be great, would you be able to find anything out about getting space there?
Here's the thing -- I hold Animerathon in an RPI classroom every Saturday for 3 hours without reserving a room. So my thought is that we should have no problem getting a classroom with some useful features even without a reservation.

But the restrictions would be:

1) Certain times are better than others (like times when a lot of classes happen are worse than otherwise).

2) Since we wouldn't have a true reservation, people with a reservation would have the authority to kick us out, and then we would have to move.

3) And then there would be the chance that the room we want is locked, at which point we would need to find another room to move to.

4) We'd want to hang a sign if we moved.

So now you know what I go through every Saturday ^_^;;

If this is too much of a hassle, then RPI may not be the right choice, since I'm pretty sure to officially reserve space you either have to be a student organization or pay up.

Kairi G
09-14-2004, 04:44 PM
ah, but do they hassle you for using rooms with out reservation? It seems like a good idea if we could at least have an idea of where it would be each week so people would know where to go. or maybe we could set up a meeting spot elsewhere on campus and then go to whatever room we are going to use.

what about Capital District Cosplay......since upstate is a rather large area and i dont know how many people we will have who arent from closer in this area...... Or what about Capital Cosplay NY...........

oh well, im not very creative with names...

chrono
09-15-2004, 04:01 AM
Well yeah, off-hand I know a few good classrooms, which are often unlocked. So we'd aim for one of those at a time when students generally don't have class. We'd meet at that room, and then hang a sign and move if necessary.

I think we can easily include Upstate NY: Don't forget that we had people come from at least as far as Boston for the picnic! =D

hailo
09-15-2004, 10:18 PM
hahaha i live. this idea is great!

ok since kairi is now in tennesee for a few days, i guess it's my job to tell everyone! Kairi and I thought it would be a good idea to have a Halloween Cosplay and j-pop dance party very similar to the one we had at our school last year. We wanted to have it at our school, however we couldn't invite Mew Pudding cause she is in middle school, or Chrono cause your not a Nisky High graduate, or anybody over 21 or anybody under 15. That sucks. So we ditched the school idea and are headed for the Niskayuna Recreational center.

My boyfriend Toast has credit card he is willing to lend us (he was the Photographer at the Picnic), and is setting up a Cosplay Club bank account. This is where all the leftover money from the Picnic (about $60) will live from now on. Happiness.

We will have a DDR contest at the dance, costume contest, dancing, japanese food and snacks, and various other fun activities. Ask Ryoko, she won pretty awards at our dance last year.

Any way, what does everyone think about that? Let me know and I'll pass it on to Kairi.

kiwi_lady
09-15-2004, 10:37 PM
Omg I Love The Idea!!!!!!!
I'll Help In Anyway I Can!!!!!!
Yaaaaay~~!!!

mariksgrl
09-15-2004, 11:01 PM
0-0 i LOVE IT I WILL HELP TOO OK ? and i have seen the last halloween thing u did my friend lives in nisky (yearbook)

chrono
09-16-2004, 01:34 AM
haihaihai! *raises hand*

While there probably won't be karaoke there, I worked as a dj at WRPI for 2 years with an Anime/Jpop show, so if you want me for a dj, I will happily do it (for free of course!).

I have ~tons~ of jpop music, and will happily take donations of music (since there's no such thing as too much jpop!).

Incidentally, I'm a member of the Albany Jpop meetup group on meetup.com, and there are only 4 members o_o; Would anybody here be interested in joining? If there's enough interest, I'll probably become the organizer for the group: http://jpop.meetup.com/57/

hailo
09-16-2004, 09:40 AM
Ooo that sounds like fun Chrono. I'm not sure what exactly we are going to do about this whole thing, Kairi has a lot of the stuff planned out. She is kinda crazy like that. When she comes home I'll reminde her to explain everything in detail.

mariksgrl
09-16-2004, 11:28 AM
ooooo i like the sound of that >.< u should taotally dj for the party if kiari doesnt have anything planned but who knows -_-...;;;

Ryoko-Dono
09-16-2004, 11:56 AM
Yup, yup, pretty awards. Even though last year prizes were kind of disorganized. No pretty certificates.

Also, I'll help in anyway needed.

MikigamiTokiya
09-16-2004, 01:00 PM
Me and a few friends would be interested depending on how close the meetings are to us and if we have enough time beforehand to get out of work and find rides etc. sounds fun though ^^

yummy
09-16-2004, 01:19 PM
well im in, duh. i think kairi might appreciate you (chrono) doing the DJing, her dad did it last time and i dont think he enjoyed it. lol. we had a fun dicsussion about this, though i wasnt able to attend the meeting the rest if the clubers had with the administration. field hockey is still going though, but we should be done by hallyween!

chrono
09-17-2004, 12:21 AM
Me and a few friends would be interested depending on how close the meetings are to us and if we have enough time beforehand to get out of work and find rides etc.
How close to what is acceptable? I'm sure kairi g, me, and others of us here enjoy setting up carpools, so this doesn't seem like it would be an issue; but how far from say Troy, NY, do you guys live?

Kairi G
09-17-2004, 11:19 AM
whoosh im here! Greetings from the south........ I have a hurricane on top of me! yippee!!!!

anyways. so im thinking im gonna start a new thread for the j-pop dance party so we can do all the planning there. DJ it would be fabulous if you can handle the music. As mentioned my dad did it last year, which was nice, cuz we didnt have to pay anyone, but hed prolly rather not if someone else can.

Last year we had about 36 people attend, and we didnt make enough money to cover all the expenses, so my parents donated a lot of money. however we really cant manage that again. so the ticket price is gonna have to be a bit higher and we need to get more people!
ok going off to start a planning thread!

hailo
09-17-2004, 04:36 PM
Oooo I'm tired ><. Kairi I don't think we should start a new thread. But ok. That kills what I was going to post here, so I'll go to the other one I suppose.

Other questions: How often does everyone want to do meetings? 2 a month? Is RPI still a good choice for everyone? Cause I know that is convenient for a lot of people who were at the picnic.

Also, what other events do we want to do? Like take big groups to conventions? I've seen people do that and it looks like fun.

Ok that's just my thoughts for now.

hikura
09-17-2004, 11:42 PM
The group goings to cons is a great idea.This way people who do not have rides or rooms at a con can hook up with people from the club and save money.I am always looking for this to save money for cons.I mean roomies and car mates to split the cost makes my life so much easier.
Twice a month sounds like a good idea also.I mean if we meet say every other sunday or something sounds good.

hailo
09-18-2004, 07:17 PM
Ok! I think that arranging rides and rooms to cons is a VERY good idea. We usually reserve two rooms anyway, and the more people who go the less it all costs in the end. Maybe we could get something going for Anime Boston.

hikura
09-18-2004, 11:33 PM
Defintely start something for animeboston and even katsucon.I am going to try to go to both of those.I defintely want to hit up katsu cause i want to meet some people that are going to that but not animeboston.

mariksgrl
09-18-2004, 11:46 PM
were is katsucon -_- i dontknow and would love to know~~

hikura
09-19-2004, 05:12 PM
were is katsucon -_- i dontknow and would love to know~~
http://www.katsucon.com/
It is held in arlington,va.Check the link above.

Kairi G
09-20-2004, 08:54 PM
personally i think monthly would work better for people, because of work schedules and stuff.

also Pyrobaka just suggested to me (and Ryoko suggested earlier)...the use of the meeting room at the Nisky firehouse....her dad is a fireman there and she was pretty sure we would be able to use it for free. ill talk to her bout that later on tho....

hailo
09-21-2004, 09:30 PM
Firehouse may be better than RPI, but is that convienient for everyone? Also what day should we meet on? Sunday afternoons work well for me. I prefer not to do things afterschool cause I get tired and I think it just might be hard for people.

Also I think we should have a website and post what went on during each meeting so that people who couldn't make it that week will know. So we should appoint a secretary, website manager, president, treasurer and vice-president. That way we can keep track of stuff, and more stuff.

Kairi G
09-23-2004, 10:27 PM
i think it would be best to do a monthly meeting. maybe on a sunday evening...
i like a website idea. members could have a little bio and some pics on there possibly...

Ryoko-Dono
09-24-2004, 04:46 PM
i think it would be best to do a monthly meeting. maybe on a sunday evening...
i like a website idea. members could have a little bio and some pics on there possibly...

Sounds like a good idea. Do we know who's handeling the website/is it gona be hosted?

Mew_Pudding
09-26-2004, 03:16 PM
Nyan! Me, me! I`d love to be in this! (*Was away from her computer for ages* ) ^.^

hailo
09-28-2004, 09:21 PM
If I can get space, I will make a website and update it as often as possible. However I need space. Unless Mystic feels like giving me space again.

hikura
11-04-2004, 07:39 PM
Since the halloween event is over.Should we start talking about this.I think it is a good time.

Kairi G
11-04-2004, 09:58 PM
yes yes
we should! i was just gonna revive this today! I think we should decide someplace, and maybe set our first meeting up. Just wanted to point out that If we still need someplace... my dads church is available, since hes kinda the pastor... but its lost in Watervliet...but thats fairly close to albany... just not close for pretty much anyone else. but it would be space, and it would be free.

Ok, here are options as of now...

~RPI
~Some firehouse Conference room.... (we got connections in Nisky)
~my church

any other thoughts or suggestions...

our first meeting could be like deciding what sort of stuff we want to do, who we want for like leader-y types. Basically, the money we have from the Dance is "club" money... so we even have money if we wanna do some sort of event.

hikura
11-04-2004, 11:10 PM
I say either RPI since it isn't far off of route 7(plus it puts right off I87 and I787) or Firehouse conference room(i am not big on having meetings on church gounds..long story and personal perfence.I have nothing against people have regilous beliefs).Plus sunday sounded liek a good day to everyone if i read it right.

Kairi G
11-04-2004, 11:31 PM
yea I think RPI is the best plan...

If we do sundays, it would have to be in the evening.. cuz i usually work til 7, but i guess i could change that maybe.

what sorts of things do people want to do as a club?

Ryoko-Dono
11-05-2004, 07:25 AM
Well, we could sit around and go 'thats a horrible stich!'.... Or we could have people that know certain things present to others. Like tutorials.

Or we mock other people. Or... If we get big enough, quickly enough, we offer to organize the cosplay event/masquerade at Genericon this year.

chrono
11-05-2004, 08:53 PM
~my church
As we know, I'm all for RPI, due to proximity and technology, but if I had to pick a 2nd, the church is a neat idea XD

Even RPI decided to build a computer center out of their church! They're neat places. And I'm very close to Watervilet ^_~

what sorts of things do people want to do as a club?
As I said before, I'm all about bringing cosplay supplies in and actually working on costumes. I'll get a lot more done if we have regular meetings to work and have people to get realtime advice from and whatnot.

And then there's planning the club/events, of course.

If we get big enough, quickly enough, we offer to organize the cosplay event/masquerade at Genericon this year.
Genericon already has a cosplay coordinator picked (which makes sense, since the chosen person is on staff there), and I've also already recommended Erica as a main planner. So as long as she's in the picture, the rest of the club should be able to help as needed.

I wish Ryk weren't so busy ... I haven't been able to introduce him to basically anyone involved yet. -_-

mariksgrl
11-05-2004, 11:02 PM
im certainly goin to join into the loop ^_^v

mariksgrl
11-05-2004, 11:14 PM
we could also do skits and stuff to entertain each other~~

hikura
11-06-2004, 05:28 PM
So maybe next sunday(the 14th) sound like a good date for the first meeting?Just making a suggestion.

Kairi G
11-06-2004, 10:53 PM
Well, no... as it turns out they extended our hours at JoAnns... so i gotta change my schedule first... lets set a date.. (at least two weeks from now) and by then i will have my schedule changed...oh sigh.

Also... we gotta find out from DJ where he has in mind...

chrono
11-07-2004, 12:25 AM
Also... we gotta find out from DJ where he has in mind...
You mean, where on RPI am I thinking of?

I'm thinking of CII 3051. At least as a meeting place. If we can't get in/can't use the facilities for any reason, we can move to another room and hang a sign.

chrono
11-07-2004, 01:23 AM
I think the prices of having an ad in Genericon's conbook has been as follows in the past:
-1/4 page - $10
-1/2 page - $20
-full page - $40

But whether these prices are current or not, I will need to verify.

hailo
11-09-2004, 05:31 PM
I definetly think a full page add would be best.

any way i suggested this on the dance thread but since this one is alive and kicking i might as well do it here instead.

::i had a strange idea . . . what would everyone think of doing a big formal cosplay ball? kairi mentioned one that happened in conneticut i think. but it might be fun (expensive though). many, mystic and i chatted about it on the 10 hour drive back from Nekocon. i think it might be something to consider.::

hmm what do we think of that? just an idea for now.

my opinion is to have it at RPI and to set a shcedule like meetings 2 times a month every Sunday night or something like that.

Ryoko-Dono
11-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Sounds uber exciting Hailo. See? Now I have a dance I can go to instead of prom. ^_^
I'm thinking frilly Lena, or something equally as exciting.

hailo
11-09-2004, 06:50 PM
yay frilly lena! *dances in the frills* i would make an original gothic lolita dressy. with lots of frills too. yay more frills!

Kairi G
11-09-2004, 07:26 PM
yea i have kinda wanted to do something like that after i heard about the one in Providence RI, oh man i wanted to go to that so bad! oh well.

I am thinking that we should do a full page add... so if some one wants to design a page (or send me an Image) that would be super, and then all we gotta do is plug in the dates when we get it scheduled.

DJ did you manage to find out what the deadline is for ads?

Ok, so maybe we should decide to have a meeting like after thanksgiving i think... cuz that gives people time to organize schedules. And i think RPI is a good place to hold it, as long as DJ or someone can provide adaquet instructions on where it is on campus... i kinda get lost there. :P

hikura
11-09-2004, 07:42 PM
DCC or CII buildings is the same buildings on campus where the con is held ever year.Plus having the meeting so late i think is unneccasary.I mean as is the 21st is a good time to have everyone meet.Of course i am expressing my opnion and rarely get listened to anyways.
If anyone needs direction to CII or DCC buildings.Find a parking spot on 15th street past sage ave.Look for the staircase in front of the playhouse(whish is just past the pedistrain bridge over 15th).Take the stairs up.Walk over to the bridge turn left and walk straight ahead.The two building that are ahead of you are the DCC and CII buildings.

Kairi G
11-09-2004, 08:25 PM
ok here is why i say we should go a little later (the 21st may work tho) If we are going to be meeting sunday nights, i am going to have to change my work schedule, and i know it is going to take me a few weeks to do so. I bet there are others who will need to know in advance too.

hikura
11-09-2004, 09:00 PM
Well when we thought the 21st was good that put it two and half weeks away.I really thought it was far away enough to do something about it.
Plus the sunday after thanksgiving(the 28th) lots of people might not want to do it for one of three reasons:1)they just got home from relatives and are not going to want travel. 2)The relatives just left and they are going to be tired 3)The relatives are still there(or they are still at the relatives) at the house.It is just that the thanksgiving weekend is a big weekend for gfamily gathers and travelling.
Hence why i say the 21st.We can at least try for that and get the meetings going a bit.Maybe have a schedule for when the first set of meetings can be held and what not.I do not mean to sound rude about this but if needs be we either should start it then(21st) or in december cause the 28th of november in many peoples mind is not pausible.

Kairi G
11-09-2004, 09:31 PM
Ill see what i can do... but i really dont want to have to miss the first meeting since i kinda got this discussion going. I can prolly manage to get out early for the first meeting tho.. and hopefully by the next meeting ill be able to get my schedule changed.

Ok so for time... shall we say 7pm on the 21st?

We got some snacks left over from the dance so we can have snackies! yay!

had we ever decided on a club name?
Im kinda liking Upstate NY Cosplay Society... unless someone can come up with something cooler and more creative. any adorable japanese name or something?

Also, people think of some things we may want to do as a club. like make a list or something so we have stuff to talk about at the meeting. i think we should elect "officers" at the first meeting too, so we have people to run stuff.

hikura
11-09-2004, 09:38 PM
If you can not make then we will not even bother cause it was your idea.Just start the meetings whenever you want to.

Ryoko-Dono
11-09-2004, 09:58 PM
I should be free for sunday nights. I just need notice so I can arrange it with the 'rents.

How long do we want meetings to go for? Two hours or so?

chrono
11-09-2004, 11:01 PM
Okay, I'll stop posting non-Dance related stuff in the Dance thread XD I will, however, repeat that if you need sound for such an event, I've your man ^~

DJ did you manage to find out what the deadline is for ads?
December 1.

as long as DJ or someone can provide adaquet instructions on where it is on campus... i kinda get lost there. :P

Here are the directions I posted to meetup.com:
RPI (CII 3051)
110 8th St. (but more like 15h St & Sage Ave)
Troy, NY 12180
(518) 276-6000

How to get to RPI, CII 3051 from Albany.

1) Find your way on 787N (you may have to go on 90E for a little while to achieve this)
2) Take the Hoosick/Troy/rt 7. exit which will put you on 7E.
3) Take this up the hill through a few lights until you get to a Hess on 15th.
4) Take a right on 15th St.
5) Go through a few lights and after you pass Sage Ave., you should see an overpass which is a footbridge. Park wherever you can.

To get to CII 3051:
1) Find your way back to the footbridge.
2) On the left side of the footbridge (if you had come from Hoosick) is Public Safety. You can obtain a map from them.
3) But to get to CII 3051, you go over the footbridge from Public Safety.
4) Go straight and you will see the playhouse on your left and Sage dininghall on your right.
5) Continue and you'll be under a building and between 2 buildings.
6) Enter the right building under the bridge.
7) That's CII, 3051 is down the hall.

If anyone has any comments on these directions, do tell!

Kairi G
11-09-2004, 11:30 PM
Ok, so i will try my best to see if we can get a date scheduled for the picnic by then, So i need somebody to get me some art, or should i just reuse the picnic girl pic that Hailo drew?

Ryoko-Dono
11-10-2004, 03:06 PM
I think you should either reusue the picnic image, or beg Hailo to draw another similar pic(same character, different pose or something).

Kairi G
11-10-2004, 03:16 PM
who knows ill prolly end up reusing the pic.

also... what kind of date are we looking at for it? im thinking early august. It really needs to be earlier than sept. cuz im gonna be away at college by then, and i also wouldnt be able to help much with planning. or do we want it to be even earlier? like beginning of july or somthing?

Ryoko-Dono
11-10-2004, 11:21 PM
Kairi, your probably gona be really busy starting in August. I think that earlier is better.

hailo
11-13-2004, 07:29 PM
earlier might be a much better idea. just keep otakon in mind. I think early july might be the best time.

also kairi, I FINALLY have the will to draw. go me. there for i will draw another picnic girl for the new picnic advertisment.

on the subject of meeting times and dates. all i have to say is it MUST be a sunday, because i have like no other days off from now until christmas except sundays. as for meeting times, I prefer not to have it so late ( i go to be early, i know i know, i'm such a loser). if kairi-pii can get her schedule changed maybe in the afternoon like 2-ish? if not 7 is fine for the first meeting.

as far as officers go. my votes are kairi-chu for el presidente, and either dj-pun or ryoko-chi for vice president. is toast our 'official' treasuerer? or should we seek a new one? i think he is doing a good job (biased opinion).

**all cute and nonsensical name add ons such as '-pii' and '-chu' are curtisy of Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE. thank you very much.

Ryoko-Dono
11-13-2004, 09:53 PM
Sundays are definatly fine by me, but every other weekend I go to my mommy's and if these meetings happen to coincide with going to her house she'll get crabby if I always have to leave early. So I vote for mid-afternoon or later. If everyone is set on 2 though I can persuade her to be okay with it.

I think I asked this earlier but I never got a response, how long will meetings be, 2 hours or what?

*blushes at Hailo-San's nomination* Do we want the traditional roles, aka: Pres, VP, secretary and treasurer? What roles would each position assume? I also tend to think toast is doing a good job, (he does love money...) but I think if were going to do this, we should do it right. We should have something like elections that way everyone gets a chance. I'd also like to think that people should vote on talent/commitment and such, rather than 'hey, I know you...' (grrr... stupid popularity contests).

hailo
11-13-2004, 10:34 PM
damn evil popularity contests!!!

i agree with ryoko-pooo, i think meetings should be 2 hours long, and we should vote on traditional positions, that way this thing is organized correctly and efficiently. yay for efficiency and bad spelling.

late afternoon is okay with me, i forgot about you going away every other weekend ryoko-gan. i'm flexible.

Ryoko-Dono
11-13-2004, 10:55 PM
I'm starting to think that your just making up suffixes.....

So, one of the key questions got drowned out. When do we want to start these meetings? So far we're all okay with Sunday afternoon-ish, correct? We definatly want the meetings to be over with by 7 or 8 that way people have time for homework/get to sleep. So do we want a time like 4-6? Or will that clash with dinner plans? Unless we want to order a pizza for the meetings... Or I'd actually vote for 3-5 too... Its difficult for me to come to concrete decisions, I always have to worry about 2 sets of parents yelling at me.

hailo
11-14-2004, 12:46 AM
i like 3 to 5.

and yes ryoko-pun, i am making up suffixes. just like Fai in Tsubasa. I thought it was cute, he always calls the tough Kurogane things like Kuro-pii. it is a trait that i am slowly absorbing into my life style.

hikura
11-14-2004, 01:21 PM
Either the 3 to 5 or 4 to 6 time slot sounds good to me.

Kairi G
11-14-2004, 10:48 PM
OK here is the deal... i work til 830 right now... i have to get that changed... and thats not likely to happen by this coming sunday. i can maybe get away with leaving at 6 tho...

also... Toast hasnt done any treasuring stuff yet... i have....and i think that while yes, he is a good treasurer for the other clubs... we may want someone more involved with cosplay... i dont know... lets ask him.

Its not likely that ill be able to get out of work this week tho. can we please set a date later??? or at least let this first meeting be later in the evening? I dont know... i suppose that i should call em. arggghhhh.....

hailo
11-15-2004, 09:14 PM
a later date is much better i think. right now i think it may be a little too soon to hold a meeting. nobody really knows about it. how about the first sunday in December? or the second sunday after thanksgiving (i have very bad concept of time so i'm not sure).

just my 4 cents.

Kairi G
11-15-2004, 11:23 PM
First in dec. is probably better for everyone... there is really no need to rush this. I need to get my work scheduled changed and by then it will be. so why dont we plan for then.
December 5th seem good people? cuz then we can do like 3 to 5 or something.

But, i do need your art sooner than thatif im gonna get an advertisement for the Picnic made intime.

hikura
11-15-2004, 11:26 PM
Well when this acutally gets off the ground it will be nice.But we have been talking about it for a couple of months so we should start sooner then later.I do not mean to sound such like a jerk just stating my opnion.

Ryoko-Dono
11-16-2004, 05:38 PM
The 5th looks good to me, and I actually got this idea past my dad, woot. I just need to confirm that I'm at my dads that weekend. And see if they'll be able to drive me.... ^^;;

Did we pick a room? What do we plan on doing at the inital meeting?

hailo
11-16-2004, 08:32 PM
5th sounds good to me too.

i'll try and get some art done this week. i mean i'll REALLY try. i've just been tired lately (excuses, excuses! we all know it's cause of my re-newed yami no matsuei obsession). i'm going to use the same girl, but in a gothic lolita outfit, or maybe dressed as a sailor scout. i dunno. i'll think of something.

Kairi G
11-16-2004, 08:51 PM
yay thanks hailo!

Ok so the 5th, how about 3-5?
Things to do at first meeting...
~introductions
~pick leaderish types
~talk bout stuff we wanna do
~genericon plans, do we wanna do something special?
~eat snacks...

kiwi_lady
11-16-2004, 09:52 PM
if u guys need any art work i have some :bouncer:
(sorry i couldnt give u guys any last halloween >.< ...
couldnt get them scanned ...)
well now i have it scanned and everything now
( i forced my dad to scan them )
so just pm me or e mail me if u need any.. although im not the best ;;
i still can draw stick figures :thumbsup:
i have about 6 different ones scanned and ready to go ^^;

Kairi G
11-16-2004, 10:33 PM
if u guys need any art work i have some :bouncer:
(sorry i couldnt give u guys any last halloween >.< ...
couldnt get them scanned ...)
well now i have it scanned and everything now
( i forced my dad to scan them )
so just pm me or e mail me if u need any.. although im not the best ;;
i still can draw stick figures :thumbsup:
i have about 6 different ones scanned and ready to go ^^;
id love to see em! your drawings are pretty!

kiwi_lady
11-16-2004, 10:36 PM
id love to see em! your drawings are pretty!
thank u >.<~~~
do we have a club e mail or a site
where i can send them to :) ?

Kairi G
11-16-2004, 10:59 PM
meh, not yet. mostly cuz we still havent really decided a name... so ive been reluctant to make one up. just attach the files here if you want, that way we all can see em.

kiwi_lady
11-17-2004, 04:58 PM
ok here they go o.0;;;
its only 2 of them i didnt wanna pumble u guys with all of it >.<;; so heh.,.. hav fun;;
*runs away*
ps. i cant colour - o -~ and no.. im not proud of it... TT.TT

hailo
11-17-2004, 06:20 PM
so cute! i wonder if we can use them for something. the only problem may be that we need line art for the advertisments.

ne kairi?

ShinobiHime
11-17-2004, 09:22 PM
Just wondering...has anyone heard news about any Genericon cosplay events? Is there any chance the club is going to collaborate with the con?
:heart:

hikura
11-17-2004, 10:08 PM
Just wondering...has anyone heard news about any Genericon cosplay events? Is there any chance the club is going to collaborate with the con?
:heart:
No word on what sort of cosplay event that is happening at genericon.Last word that is something is happening and that was it.

Kairi G
11-17-2004, 11:02 PM
oh man those pics are awesome! i love em! but yea hailo is right, we need line art for the advertisement.

kiwi_lady
11-18-2004, 04:24 PM
np :) line arts are easier for me~ i'll start one right now since i need to draw stuff anyway ~ when im done with tht one i'll either post it here or send it to club e mail if we get tht thing set up >.< thxs for the compliments ~ its not good as hailos but i still try ^^;;

FarplaneAbyss
11-18-2004, 05:34 PM
Ooh that sounds interesting but I'm only 13, though my dad doesn't really care where I go unless my grandmother or him takes me to and from. It would be really cool to join it though ^^

Kairi G
11-18-2004, 06:52 PM
Farplane Abyss~ where are ya from? no prob about age, there are a few of you young 'uns :P And your dad doesnt have to worry about anything bad happening... we are all super people!

Thanks Kiwi! who knows... we may use yours any way since dear Hailo is lazy *evil stare* hahahaha!

FarplaneAbyss
11-18-2004, 07:00 PM
I'm from East Rutherford, New Jersey but I go to NYC a LOT and I'm pretty sure I can take a Transit to Upstate NY. Yup I know you would never like do anything, I've heard a LOT of stuff about you and you're costumes. Some people I've met here said that they've asked you for advice.

Kairi G
11-18-2004, 09:11 PM
wow... thats gonna be a trek. just so you know, its about 2 1/2 to 3 hours from NYC... hmmm you should definatly come up for Genericon tho! its a really fun and friendly con!

kiwi_lady
11-19-2004, 05:50 PM
i have a question >.< i remember hailo i think brought up somthin about cosplay winter formal ,, i thought it was a kewl idea o.0 are we gonna do it?

hailo
11-19-2004, 10:24 PM
not this year, too expensive! besides i have to rally support, i'm not sure all our usual money . . . er guests would want to dress up and go formal. most of the people who come to our events (that I know of from school) are kinda lazy like that.

my planned date for the 'winter ball' would be next december. that's a long time! but i think it's better to wait on this one.

HEY! kairi i am not totally lazy. i have a full line art picture almost done! it just needs refining, and if i didn't have work tommarrow i would be doing it! but alas i have to clean and work and other such crap. *cries*

Kairi G
11-19-2004, 10:52 PM
hehe i know dearie! and i totally agree with you for waiting on the formal... we are all planned out for the season i would say!

Mystic Blossom
11-19-2004, 11:12 PM
It is a good idea to wait until next December to hold the ball, but formal places get booked up quickly. We may even have to start looking now if we want to get a good place on a reasonable date.

Kairi G
11-19-2004, 11:15 PM
yes Mystic has a very good point... i think maybe we should pick someone at the first meeting to be the "event coordinator" and get on scheduling stuff...

hailo
11-21-2004, 11:19 AM
that's probably not a bad idea. and the 'event coordinator' and the 'president' shouldn't have to share responsibilities. but i think it would help if we picked people for positions that are on cosplay.com or check their e-mail often. i know there are some really great people at our events, but they are kind of hard to reach. ya know?

Mystic Blossom
11-21-2004, 05:45 PM
Oh, damn. I'm not gonna be here on the 5th. >_< I'll be at a speech tournament. But I'll do whatever job you need me to do. I tend to check my e-mail obsessively.

chrono
11-21-2004, 05:47 PM
but i think it would help if we picked people for positions that are on cosplay.com or check their e-mail often.
I personally think anyone that is involved with planning any events would be expected to check their email and the applicable threads pretty much daily *nods*

(I, of course, have been bad about this myself in the past *bad d.j.!*)

Ryoko-Dono
11-21-2004, 08:39 PM
Yea, I know that in other cases its a pain to try and track down people to get them to do jobs. I check my email 50 times a day, so I get annoyed when others dont. ^^;; We should also get people's phone numbers as well, if they're elected to a position, just in case.

Kairi G
11-21-2004, 09:15 PM
i agree... and i personally also obsessively check email and forums. so yea... good stuff...
Mystic, im sad you cant come, but ill be sure to update you on stuff.

kiwi_lady
11-21-2004, 10:00 PM
so meeting is defiantly on dec. 5th or is tht undecided yet :D~?

Kairi G
11-21-2004, 10:16 PM
yes dec 5th, and lets decide on 3 to 5 if this is ok.

also DJ. i need an idea for a room, cuz i wanna be able to tell people from our anime club. also, directions there would be good, cuz i know ill get questions about directions.

Ill be bringing the left over snacks from teh dance.

chrono
11-22-2004, 08:07 PM
also DJ. i need an idea for a room, cuz i wanna be able to tell people from our anime club. also, directions there would be good
I already posted this info here:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showpost.php?p=884104&postcount=75

I'm still looking for any feedback. I'll probably post this on Animerathon's website soon with an alternative way to get there from the Northway.

(the room I picked was CII 3051)

SempaiMiles
11-22-2004, 08:35 PM
I'm in...I just won't be holding onto any film that gets shot. ^_^;;; Sorry Jen.

-Miles

Kairi G
11-22-2004, 10:02 PM
thanks DJ

am i getting any art from anyone for the flyer? I dont know that we will have time to make up an ad for genericon book.

kiwi_lady
11-22-2004, 10:07 PM
i have some i can give to u if u need it ^^;;
both line art and coloured ones..

Kairi G
11-22-2004, 10:10 PM
sure if ya wanna, i had really hoped that hailo would finish, since it would be the same picnic girl, but whatever, you have awesomely cute art too!

kiwi_lady
11-22-2004, 10:25 PM
yeah i'll just scan some of them just incase she doesnt finish by the time or somthin bad happened. if she gets it done by the time before the deadline , im fine with u guys using her art since its the same grl and she draws more purty :D

Kairi G
11-22-2004, 10:38 PM
oh dear you draw pretty too. i loved the pic we used on the award at the picnic, it was adorable!

kiwi_lady
11-22-2004, 10:52 PM
thank u > o <~
oh and question for the club... how long would the meeting be..?
do we have an estimated time or do we have to wait until the room issue gets solved?

chrono
11-23-2004, 07:21 PM
do we have an estimated time or do we have to wait until the room issue gets solved?
What room issue? I thought we already decided on RPI at a classroom of my choosing, which I've chosen already -- CII 3051.

Kairi G
11-23-2004, 07:51 PM
yea, and im gonna set 3 to 5 on the 5th if thats good with everyone.

kiwi_lady
11-23-2004, 08:16 PM
What room issue? I thought we already decided on RPI at a classroom of my choosing, which I've chosen already -- CII 3051.
oh didnt know tht >.< surry :D ;

Kairi G
11-23-2004, 11:30 PM
ok so i made up a quickie website for the club and posted the main page for some feedback on the layout... non of the content has been done, its really just a layout. but it would be good to know if anyone likes it...hates it... is indifferent about it... etc etc...
i do like my links tho... they highlight! oooohhhh hahahaha im crazy...

i used hailos art for the central art piece as well.

www.geocities.com/kairi_g1/cosplayclub/index.html

chrono
11-24-2004, 07:34 PM
www.geocities.com/kairi_g1/cosplayclub/index.html
I love the crispness and the rollovers. But perhaps a little more color would add something? Actually, was there supposed to be a graphic? Maybe I misread.

Also, those popup ads are even worse when you use frames (it comes up twice). I would wonder if there's any way around that...

Ryoko-Dono
11-24-2004, 08:29 PM
Its neat, but I cant see much of it. ^^;; my browser is huge (cause I'm BLIND) so I can only, for example, see half of the title graphic. Its a problem that I always have with elaborate sites like that, I cant see half of the stuff. Plus theres no scroll for things like the menu bar, and its annoying to get around it for me. Its only really a problem for those of us with large browsers. Otherwise its lovely.

hailo
11-24-2004, 10:50 PM
i agree with beth, it is a lovely layout, but 1) more color, and 2) try usuing 800 X 600 size measurements. that seems to be what most people have as their settings. or it used to be. so yay for that. and yay for this!

Our Picnic girl's name is Gwen by the way. so take a looksie.

Kairi G
11-24-2004, 11:12 PM
Ok, well im not sure how to limit the size for the site overall.. no one ever told me about that... cuz i know its an issue...

and i liked the black and white cuz it went with the picture... so.... get me a color pic to use for it, and ill do some more color, but i dont wanna use the picnic girl, since its from the picnic... blah blah blah...

hailo
11-25-2004, 03:29 PM
i can colorize the picture we have been using. and what is this? no comments on my lovely picture? *snort*

Ryoko-Dono
11-25-2004, 06:30 PM
i can colorize the picture we have been using. and what is this? no comments on my lovely picture? *snort*
'Tis a lovely pic. ^_^ I'm particurarly in love with the dramatic point towards the left of her skirt.

Kairi G
11-25-2004, 09:24 PM
its a lovely pic deary, but if you wanna do something color i wouldnt mind revamping the layout.

Ryoko-Dono
11-25-2004, 10:53 PM
Hey wada y'all think about putting our club up on here: http://cosplay.meetup.com/

Kairi G
11-25-2004, 10:57 PM
yea sure why not... Also... if i dont get art for the picnic im just gonna use the one from the last picnic... if thereis even advertising space left. I emailed the guy who is coordinating it. and its gonna have to be a generic announcement without a date, but a place for info... cuz there is no way we can for certain set a date until the first of the year.

Should we put information about the picnic on the Club website when we get it going, or should it have its own site like last time?

Ryoko-Dono
11-25-2004, 11:02 PM
I guess it depends on whats easiest/cheapest/and such. Since the picnic is a club function, I kinda think we should put it on the club wesbite. But if we're branching out and doing all sorts of things such as the halloween dance and maybe a formal, it'll start to get confusing.

Kairi G
11-26-2004, 11:35 PM
should we still try to do a ad for genericon... since we dont ahve a date or website up and running yet?

Ryoko-Dono
11-27-2004, 11:52 PM
Kairi and I have been discussing this, but I think she'd like y'all's input. My opinion is that we need to be able to have contact info on the ad like either an email, website, or group(like a yahoo group).

Kairi G
11-28-2004, 12:20 AM
join the new and awesome Yahoo group that Ryoko made for us...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UNYCosplay/join
also, im gonna put a temp website for the picnic on my website. simply for the sake of the ad in the genericon book

which by the way is gonna be a 1/4 page add cuz its cheaper and we dont have a lot of info right now.

Ryoko-Dono
11-28-2004, 12:36 AM
Silly Kairi, beat me to the first post. In my defense, aol and my computer HATE ME!!! Anyway. For right now the group is listed, but you need MY approval or invite to join. Once your in you can post, but if people start spamming, I will change that. Quickly.

Kairi G
11-28-2004, 12:38 AM
you tell em ryoko! keep those spammers at bay!

Ryoko-Dono
11-28-2004, 01:01 AM
Okay, it took me half an hour, but I sent all of the people that Kairi had sent a recent email invites to the group, so hopefully y'all should be able to join without too much hassel.

Kairi G
11-28-2004, 11:03 PM
thankies ryoko!

chrono
11-29-2004, 12:50 AM
Hey guys. Sorry about my absense. I've been Thanksgivinging (which mostly consists of watching dubbed anime on Anime Network at my parents' house XD)

2) try usuing 800 X 600 size measurements. that seems to be what most people have as their settings.
I agree here. On the new pink design of the cosplay picnic site, it was designed for browser windows which are huge.

Wow, I just noticed this, but I have no idea where those ads went! It's like magic XD

get me a color pic to use for it, and ill do some more color
That's a good idea to match colors of the page to the art :) One comment for when you do add color: Right now, it's kind of hard to see the "upstate ny" -- partially because it's translucent, and partially because it's a light shade of gray.

no comments on my lovely picture? *snort*
Just saw it today. Looks nice :) My only comments are that she looks a little noseless and her ribbon looks like webs (like webbed fish feet XD)

Should we put information about the picnic on the Club website when we get it going, or should it have its own site like last time?
I would definitely say all of our club related stuff should be contained on this same site :)

picnicad.jpg
I would also include your email address (since that's easier to remember). Our website might also be good.

And back to the website:

1) I like how you tie in the art with the title, and use that title frame with the menu frame, and the main frame. But I don't see the need for the bottom-right frame. It's somewhat reduntant info and can be included in the menu bar, but more importantly, it takes precious space away from the main frame. The main frame is the main focus and should be at least 75% of the window vertically, IMO.

This ties back into what hailo was saying about designing a website for 800x600. If you only have 600 pixels to work with, and 450 of that needs to be the main frame, we might want to limit the title frame's height to 100 pixels or something like that.

One idea with how to implement this would basically be to move the art to the top of the menu frame, and crop/resize the title frame art so it's like 100 pixels tall.

2) With funds that our club acquires, we may want to consider buying a domain name, since our current url is pretty hard to remember ^^;

Ryoko-Dono
11-29-2004, 07:33 AM
On the topic of location(mmm... switching topics), can anyone tell me if this room is near where genericon is usually held? Or do I have to try and find some strange new room?

Kairi G
11-29-2004, 03:13 PM
i think it is... definatly the same building right?

just a reminder, im gonna bring the left over snacks from the halloween party, but i dont know if ill be able to get drinks, it would be great if someone would bring em!

kiwi_lady
11-30-2004, 05:36 PM
i agree with beth, it is a lovely layout, but 1) more color, and 2) try usuing 800 X 600 size measurements. that seems to be what most people have as their settings. or it used to be. so yay for that. and yay for this!

Our Picnic girl's name is Gwen by the way. so take a looksie.
shes adorable +_+ i love the folds on her skirt~ gud job :3

Ryoko-Dono
11-30-2004, 10:22 PM
Kairi, I believe that I have cups lying about. Unless y'all care if they're colored, styrafoam or what-have-you. Not all themed, but still drink worthy vessels. ^_^ How many people should we excepct. I asked this on the group, but only 6 or so have responded. Perhaps 30 or 40 cups should do it? Hopefully I'll be able to swipe some of the drinks that my family has lying about, (I'll probably have Root Beer and Coke. Its all we've got I think...) but how much do we need and can someone offer to bring in a bottle of something extra?

Kairi G
11-30-2004, 10:24 PM
your cups seem fine to me... and ill try and get some drinks together too... we shouldnt need like too much or anything...

chrono
12-01-2004, 11:33 PM
can anyone tell me if this room is near where genericon is usually held?
Genericon is primarily held in DCC and CII.

Anime is shown in DCC, as are many board games played in the Great Hall, of the DCC.

The Vendors and Panels were in CII last year. In fact, the room I've picked, CII 3051, was the panel room last year.

I've given explicit instructions on how to get to this room, but if people are still confused please tell me and I'll see if I can make a map or something.

Kairi G
12-01-2004, 11:45 PM
thanks DJ for the idea on where in the building it is! certainly helpful!

Ryoko-Dono
12-02-2004, 09:19 AM
Ahhh. The panel room. I know that one! See? That was all ya needed to say.

kamisuka
12-03-2004, 07:37 PM
aw, stink. I was hoping when you said upper NY you meant... really upper NY. Like Plattsburg. Poo.

Ryoko-Dono
12-03-2004, 09:08 PM
Awww, I'm sorry, I guess we arent very specific. I can't remember, how far away IS plattsburg exactly?

Kairi G
12-03-2004, 11:14 PM
its a few hours... hehe i guess it all depends on what upstate is... haha i know people in NYC who consider poughkepsie to be "upstate" :P

SempaiMiles
12-04-2004, 01:34 PM
Plattsburgh...hehe, practacly on the Canadian border it is. I'm sorry to say that while I was originaly intending on attending tomorrow's meeting, I have to back out due to some last minute work I have to do in the painting studio for my portfolio review thursday. Please keep me updated however!

-Miles

Ryoko-Dono
12-04-2004, 01:42 PM
Miles: I cant remember, have you joined our Yahoo group? Were gona post an outline of what we cover on it, but if y'd'all like we can post it here as well. Lazy college bum, this is why you get your work done BEFORE hand.

mariksgrl
12-04-2004, 08:41 PM
not sure if i can make it tmr but ill try i have to talk to my mom bout it and i have to see if anyone will give me a ride -__- my mom already doesnt trust troy so im lucky im goin to genericon....well have to see..

kiwi_lady
12-04-2004, 08:43 PM
marik i can give ride to u... o.0;

chrono
12-05-2004, 02:30 AM
Upperstate NY is defined as anything in NY north of NYC, isn't it? XD

my mom already doesnt trust troy so im lucky im goin to genericon....
Hey now, RPI is a good neighborhood of Troy ^_~

Ryoko-Dono
12-05-2004, 10:03 AM
Upperstate NY is defined as anything in NY north of NYC, isn't it? XD

Hey now, RPI is a good neighborhood of Troy ^_~

As opposed to EVERY other neighborhood in Troy. One of my favorite oxymorons is 'Scenic Troy'. ^_^

Kairi G
12-05-2004, 12:57 PM
[QUOTE=chrono]Upperstate NY is defined as anything in NY north of NYC, isn't it? XD
[QUOTE]
hehe thats certainly how the nyc folk see it... i have always considered this area and then farther north to be upstate...

Mystic Blossom
12-05-2004, 09:48 PM
I'm so upset I couldn't go. This weekend was a total waste of my social time (the entire debate team is full of selfish little bitches that I really just want to strangle). I hope it was a fun, productive meeting for everyone! ^_^

hailo
12-07-2004, 07:04 PM
KAIRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DREW THAT PICTURE FOR THE ADD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GARGH!!!!!! *fume fume fume fume fume*
I didn't go to the meeting cause i forgot! That and my computer had a virus and was dying so i had to fix it *cries buckets of tears*

I think we should post an outline of what happened at the meeting here as well, especially for people like me who don't trust Yahoo and therefore can't join the YahooGroup.

Kairi G
12-07-2004, 08:30 PM
well i already used the picnice picture from last time but send it to me anyways... and dear you really should join the group, its not evil like some yahoo groups.

Ryoko-Dono
12-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Okay, for those of you who dont trust Yahoo. We have it set so you can view messages without being a member, so that isnt even a problem.

However, for those of you who still hate even looking at yahoo, DJ, our lovely secretary has posted the notes from last meeting here Notes from the 1st meeting (http://ashitaka.myvnc.com/cosplay/2004.12.05.html).

hailo
12-09-2004, 07:03 PM
yay i feel so loved. i wish i had known that the picture need size requirements. then i wouldn't have made the picture i drew so big. but oh well.

Kairi G
12-09-2004, 07:31 PM
its still super adorable. it will definatly be used in other picnic things. it will be fine for the flyer, and if we have a separate website for the picnic.
also, we have a temporary website up.
www.geocities.com/unycosplay (http://www.geocities.com/unycosplay)

chrono
12-09-2004, 08:16 PM
However, for those of you who still hate even looking at yahoo, DJ, our lovely secretary has posted the notes from last meeting here Notes from the 1st meeting (http://ashitaka.myvnc.com/cosplay/2004.12.05.html).
Thank you for the honorable mention ^_^

I also plan on making a page in the near future which will be a master link to all the notes. It will probably be http://ashitaka.myvnc.com/cosplay/notes.html or something like that XD

Of course, this is always something that Erica could just grab and post to the main site ^o^

Kairi G
12-09-2004, 10:34 PM
thats basically what i was thinking of doing
once we had a few going, and of course, once we have a more substantial site.

Mystic Blossom
12-10-2004, 09:05 AM
I'm gonna get started on an actual club website ASAP. Chrono, maybe you cna give me your notes so I can make a section for them on the site. Once we have something substantial going, we can purchase a domain.

Kairi G
12-10-2004, 10:55 PM
yup yups! if we wanted, we coud do the deal i did with Geocities, so the registering of the domain is free and its only 8.95 a month afterward

chrono
12-11-2004, 12:56 AM
Chrono, maybe you cna give me your notes so I can make a section for them on the site.
My notes are simply here:
http://ashitaka.myvnc.com/cosplay/2004.12.05.html

Feel free to download the text or even the whole page ^_^

SempaiMiles
12-17-2004, 01:42 AM
Miles: I cant remember, have you joined our Yahoo group? Were gona post an outline of what we cover on it, but if y'd'all like we can post it here as well. Lazy college bum, this is why you get your work done BEFORE hand.

Heh...yeah well, now I'm on vacation for a month, and trust me...time is something I have plenty of. I'm not sure how I can help out, but now that I can I would like to. Um...I'm not even sure if I did or didn't join the Yahoo group.... If you could link me up, that would be fantastic. I did join, my membership is pending Keep in touch. (AIM is best for me, same SN)

-Miles

Made of Awesome
06-15-2007, 02:58 PM
what time is the picnic?:rockon: