PDA

View Full Version : Was anyone at the Anime Next 2002?

AnimeParty
12-14-2002, 09:42 AM
I was wondering, was any one at the Anime Next this year? If you did, did you see the Fushgi Yuugi Gods cosplayers?

SailorMo
12-14-2002, 01:40 PM
ACKK!!!! How on earth did I miss that???!!! oh wait, I was on staff... Um, when were they there?

AnimeParty
12-14-2002, 06:52 PM
They won some award at the cosplay contest (wasn't really paying attention). I have a picture of the seriyu one on my gallery.

krystal1314
12-15-2002, 12:18 AM
I was at AnimeNext ^^
I think you're talking about Jesse's (Jezeroth) group... but they didn't do the Fushigi Yuugi gods, they did their own creation of elemental costumes which were uber awesome! ^_^

digikoomi
12-15-2002, 12:55 AM
Me me~ ^_^ I was the other Rinoa

AnimeParty
12-15-2002, 02:47 PM
krystal1314 - I remember you. I've got a great picture of you in my files. I was Domon Kasshu (G Gundam)!

MargauxZ
12-15-2002, 03:18 PM
I was there, drooling at Richard Cox and Myriam Sirois.

I was Nabiki Tendo. ^_^

AnimeParty
12-15-2002, 03:58 PM
We were there running around with Kia Asamiya's autograph. ^_^. My friends were dressed as school girls. One (a little crazy) ran up to me screaming "GOKU'S HERE".

SailorMo
12-15-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by krystal1314
I think you're talking about Jesse's (Jezeroth) group... but they didn't do the Fushigi Yuugi gods, they did their own creation of elemental costumes which were uber awesome! ^_^

AHA!! So that's who you mean... yeah, those costumes were GORGEOUS! They were actually based on some designs by Amano-sama, and well deserving of the Best Craftsmanship award Laura & I gave them. =D

BTW, aren't the Four Gods the phoenix, dragon, tiger, & turtle??

AnimeParty
12-15-2002, 09:16 PM
BTW, are any of you going to the Shoujo con 2003?
and
Do you know of any good conventions other than the Shoujo con, Anime Next and BAAF that are less than 2 hr.drive from NY city?

MargauxZ
12-15-2002, 11:23 PM
Tee hee hee....

krystal1314
12-15-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by AnimeParty
krystal1314 - I remember you. I've got a great picture of you in my files. I was Domon Kasshu (G Gundam)!

Really? Hehe :D A picture of me as Rikku, Rinoa, or Umi?

And yeah, Jesse's group elemental costumes were Air, Water, Fire, and Earth...

Myriam Sirlois was awesome! She was the one who gave my group an award ^_^

TheAnarCHris
12-16-2002, 09:40 AM
I was regulating the ol' G-Funk at AnimeNEXT this past October. For those who were there, I was jerk toting the gunblade in zipper pants (of Leon/Squall if u want to use the proper name).
I was co responisble for that "lovely" (but screwed over thanks to that waste of sperm Jamie Mcdougal, whose given me yet another reason to hate Weiss Kriess) G.I.O. skit (which would be the one with the FF8 characters, the yuiri ad the pantie flashiest), and a few random conga lines throughout the con along with my cosply partner in crime Anna.

And btw, Jesse's group was baesd on the 4 elements from "Legend of Mana". yet another awar winning group based on a video game....

MargauxZ
12-16-2002, 02:49 PM
Jamie McGonnigal?

KuroBara
12-16-2002, 02:56 PM
I-Con is held in March at the SUNY Stonybrook campus. It's a sci-fi / fantasy / anime con.

Emeralda
12-16-2002, 05:26 PM
CHris,

Oh .. don't worry, there are not going to be ANY guest judges next year. I threw a shit fit and insisted at a meeting afterwards that there are no guest judges. Though I'm not entirely sure what I'm going with yet. Hotel comes first n_n;;;;;

Uhhgh.. sleep, why do you taunt me so? Zzzz

-Laura

AnimeParty
12-16-2002, 09:07 PM
krystal1314-
I can send you the pic if you want. It is you as Riona with two others. Give me your email and I'll be happy to send it.

TheAnarCHris
12-19-2002, 02:28 AM
CHris,

Oh .. don't worry, there are not going to be ANY guest judges next year. I threw a shit fit and insisted at a meeting afterwards that there are no guest judges. Though I'm not entirely sure what I'm going with yet. Hotel comes first n_n;;;;;

Aww leave it to the girl with the Xenogears avatar to set things right ^/^. I'm now filled with the warm fuzzies

TheAnarCHris
12-19-2002, 02:30 AM
Jamie McGonnigal, Harry Mcdougal, either one means trouble for me.....oh how I love the fact that i'm 20 and I already have a rogue gallery....

Oshi
12-20-2002, 03:42 AM
I was Seifer there *nod*

Ranma Saotome
12-20-2002, 04:35 AM
Holy shit! Another person from Westchester County! I don't feel so alone now. ^^

And yes, I was there dressed as Ranma Saotome and Shinji Ikari. ^^

AnimeParty
12-20-2002, 06:25 AM
Ranma Saotome - Hey I saw you there too, and at the Shoujo con if I'm not mistaken. ^_^ Around which area of Westchester?

Ranma Saotome
12-21-2002, 02:43 AM
Mount Vernon, New York. You can't miss a 6 foot tall black cosplayer! *ROFL*

AnimeParty
12-21-2002, 09:21 AM
Ranma Saotome:
Hey, I'm from Chappaqua (New Castle). That is where our club is located. We are mostly high schoolers but I am forcing my club to cosplay at the Shoujo con 2003. ^_^

Ranma Saotome
12-28-2002, 01:35 AM
Nice! I know exactly where you guys are! :) I must meet up with your club one day. :) Say hi to Bill for me will ya? ;)

Hmm... I thnk I gotpics of your club in cosplay @ AnimeNEXT...

AnimeParty
12-28-2002, 11:37 AM
Ranma Saotome-
Really? Thats so cool. We were only a group of 4 thou, there was me, Domon, and two school girls, plus a non-cosplayer (who we will force to be one this year). We are bringing the club to the Shoujo con this year (like last) and the Anime Next (for celebration, so it won't be hard to miss a group of cosplayers comming out of a limo...) ^_^

Jezeroth
01-02-2003, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by krystal1314

Originally posted by SailorMo
AHA!! So that's who you mean... yeah, those costumes were GORGEOUS! They were actually based on some designs by Amano-sama, and well deserving of the Best Craftsmanship award Laura & I gave them. =D

::dies, after hugging Mo and Laura:: ^.^ I really.. don't know what to say, I'm just flattered beyond belief... ::floats around on cloud 9.:: Eeeee! ::runs around in circles::

Okay, *Ahem*

Thank you very much for your kind words. I don't know HOW all four of us managed to pull those costumes off. We all got together two weeks before the Con and said, "Dur.. let's make Elemental costumes and do a skit!" So Layla made her costume, I made the Earth/Wind/Fire costumes... and we worked our butts off and barely finished in time. The skit was short and simple, unlike the Lain one at Shoujocon, which was more presentation vs. costumes.. this was more costumes vs presentation. All in all, it was SO much fun. This was the most laid back con I've ever done in terms of a con devoted to doing a skit. (And some of you KNOW I do 10 cons a year. Fear me, I have no life. Roar.)

I really liked the job the craftsman judges did (And NO, I'm not saying this because we won.) I'm saying this because, as Laura and I conversed about at AXNY, judges who sit behind a desk and look at your costume for a minute and ask you, "How'd ya make it.... okay, good. Thanks. NEXT!" ... it really just sucks. You want to at least get the feeling that you KNOW the judges know how much work you put into it. From judging at AXNY, I can tell you every little detail of every costume that entered, and how much effort they put into it, and at least if they didn't win something, they KNOW how much we genuinely did care enough to know their costumes. And that's something that for a first time Con, I really applaud, for them taking the step of doing what many older cons STILL have yet to realize. Mo and Laura rock. SO hard. Whoot! And YEAH for Laura not killing twenty people Saturday night! :D

But yeah, thanks Oshi, the costumes were inspired from MANY games, but the main focus came from the Dentensu series AKA Secret/Legend of Mana. I've always loved the series because it's just damn fun, and I know a lot of people in the Anime community love the whole Elemental thing. So it was fair game. Besides, if Yaya can do a skit on FAIRIES, then I can do one on Spirits. Roar.
So... we have all next year's costumes planned out, including Anime Next. We'll see how it goes. ^.^ See you all at Katsu!

Silly_Kitsune
01-07-2003, 05:43 PM
Oohie, I didn't know there was an Anime Next board. I remember you all!!!! You guys all had such cool costumes!! I was the crazy Edward running around on Saturday ^^ hee hee

AnimeParty
01-07-2003, 06:38 PM
Really? I have a picture of you and my best friend!!! >silly_kitsune<

Silly_Kitsune
01-07-2003, 10:09 PM
heehee, can i see?

AnimeParty
01-08-2003, 06:58 PM
well I think it was you. er....I'm not good at remembering, but...what did you look like, other than your Ed?
Gomen >_<

Silly_Kitsune
01-09-2003, 10:06 PM
Hee ^^ I know there was one other Ed there....but she had an orange-y wig and was young. I was the Ed with the red Meg Ryan-esqe wig... lol is that a good enough description?

AnimeParty
01-10-2003, 07:22 PM
Humm...Email me at AnimeParty@aol.com and I'll send you the picture I have. Did you wear shoes??? (or take them off)
I saw 3 Eds...so confusing...

TheAnarCHris
01-11-2003, 04:28 AM
HA HA CHris knows of the Ed person, CHris took picture of th Two Eds, doing wack Ed like things. CHris would post the picture of the Eds, but CHris' scanner sucks ass and decided that one of the cables shouldnt work....CHris hate his scanner, but loves wacky Ed cosplayers so much...thus the wacky Ed voice....adn the reason why hes gonna cosplay as Spike for Shoujocon later this year.... and Squall again coz he hasnt beaten that costume into the ground yet right?

Actually I was Leon but whatever.....

AnimeParty
01-11-2003, 12:36 PM
Starwind824 - Cool. Can't wait to see you. I'm going as Hatsuharu, Shigure and Su for the Shoujo con!!

Ranma Saotome
01-11-2003, 02:09 PM
I think I know that Ed too! :)

AnimeParty, I haven't forgotten ya, I'll get backto you before this weekend is out! ^^;

AnimeParty
01-11-2003, 02:19 PM
Can't wait to hear from ya!!!

Silly_Kitsune
01-11-2003, 02:53 PM
Waait....where you the Squall who asked me to do somersaults down the hallway? I *think* It was a Squall who asked me...maybe not ^^

ack. I'm on a KH high...lol. I thought it was a KH Squall that I saw, but it might of been good old FF8 Squall ^^

TheAnarCHris
01-12-2003, 11:25 PM
? I *think* It was a Leon who asked me...maybe not ^^

Possiblily I;m kinda a tard like that...and by Leon I assume u mean Leon/Sqaull from Kingdom Hearts...then yeah coz i was the only one there (well only 6' 4" one there at least). I also did that horribly offensive FF8/Gto skit....which i think someone did a story one for their sites, I'm soo proud of that....

But I'll be very the same costume this year at Shoujo, along with
the previously mention Spike Spegial costume, and a variation of my man Gene Starwind.

AnimeParty
01-13-2003, 10:51 AM
>>Starwind824>> ;_; I'm depressed. I didn't get a picture of you. I'll make sure to look out for you thou, next time ^_^

TheAnarCHris
01-14-2003, 12:31 AM
dont fell bad, there's a crapload of em on fansview...thanks KEV (winks)

TheAnarCHris
01-14-2003, 01:37 AM
FYI If anyone did watch the cosplay masquerade at AnimeNEXT, probably witness the unfair win of that rehashed Magic User's club skit, which underserving won the best of show....well it seems that certain judge was the voice actor for that show and rumor has it (coming from 5 different ppl) he somehow influenced the other judges decision..this said voice actor will be at AnimeBoston.....as will I...needless to say, if I'm not at any cons after AB, we now all know why....