PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Digital Camcorder for AN and CN 2005. Please Help. ^_^

Archy Jupiter
09-05-2004, 12:25 PM
Hey, everyone!

Well, I've been searching for a good-quality digital (MiniDV) camcorder that will allow me to record good videos and transfer them easily onto my laptop to make into VCDs or DVDs. My price range is anywhere under $1000 Canadian.

The reason why I want one is not only to make home videos and stuff. I wanna use it at conventions like Anime North and CNAnime alongside my digital photo camera. I can make Masquerade videos, video crazy things that happen among my friends, etc. etc. It'll come in handy! Heck, if I find some of you at the cons, I'd ask for some shout-outs! :D

Anyway, my research has come to a dead end. Every camera I look at, be it Sony or Canon or Panasonic or whatnot, the reviews from customers are completely mixed, and professional web sites and magazines do NOT help matters.

So, now I'm turning to you, my fellow Cosplay.com friends! Please help me out! I don't know what to get! GAH! Any MiniDV Camcorder suggestions would be VERY appreciated! Thanks in advance for any help you can give me! ^_^

- Archy
"Dancing Kaiba"

Jo_Canadian
09-05-2004, 02:58 PM
well if its anyhelp, my family picked up a mini dv cam for 1200, its an excellent cam that we have never had any problems with. its a sony digital handy cam model number trv25/trv27. we paid 1200 for it about 3 years ago, so prices may have dropped. if this helps at alll its the best i can do