PDA

View Full Version : Dragoncon Contest Winners?

fork
09-06-2004, 11:31 AM
Hey guys.. I'm new, and since I couldn't find this information on the DC website yet, I thought I would ask you.

Does anyone know who won the Masquerade and Hall Costume Contest? I left after they started showing "Duck Dodgers" (was it just a cartoon? - we left before anything could happen).

I also thought those Storm Troopers (or should I stay "Starship Troopers" - teehee) weren't doing their job. There were plenty of acts that should have gotten the boot!

And that kids contest was totally rigged. That fairy girl had a nice outfit.. but just because she wasn't a "cute 2-year old" she lost. :(

p.s. Keith Richards? I didn't know he was still alive!!

cutekawaii
09-06-2004, 05:22 PM
dragoncon.org

The Muppets won the masq. Dunno about hall.

~Nikki

Ragresen
09-06-2004, 08:21 PM
Unfortantly the Childrens Contest is pretty much a who has the cutest little kid out there. The older Childern just do not really stand much of a chance because of this. As to the big winners I was not at the Masqurade, but They should be listing the winners on the main website soon.

Evil Dr. Axis
09-07-2004, 02:10 PM
We won the hall contsest for best fantasy. It was Me (Auron), Alethia (Lulu), and a cute Yuna who's name I didn't catch.

yayahan
09-07-2004, 10:13 PM
The two big awards were Muppets Mr T Band for Best in Show, and the very very well done Chicago jail cell show number for Best in Show Performance. I also loved that Bride Lucy from Dracula got best Historical and the Summer Queen got best Fantasy. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Eurobeat King
09-07-2004, 10:16 PM
How did that Mario & Luigi duo get to be part of the kids' portion of the D-con masquerade?? Clearly they stood out as being the oldest & tallest "kids" out of all of them.. that was just.. weird.. :thumbsup:

Aleathia Burns
09-08-2004, 06:22 PM
We won the hall contsest for best fantasy. It was Me (Auron), Alethia (Lulu), and a cute Yuna who's name I didn't catch.
Dude when I found out I was shocked and I yelled out of my seat backstage during the Maqurade. Everybody was looking at me and I was a bit embarrassed. :thumbsup:

YunaheartsVivi
09-15-2004, 08:46 PM
The muppets won and they deserved it 100%. Those costumes were amazing!!! They even moved ^.^(the mouth and stuff, I mean) but as for who won the hallway contest I was one of them! yay!!! I flipped out in the audience and people shushed me -.- I was the cute yuna who's name was caught with lee and aleathia :) As for the rest of the winners:
http://dailydragon.dragoncon.net/page29.htm

Aleathia Burns
09-16-2004, 02:26 PM
Ha haaaa I thought I was the only one jumping for joy!!! Summoner Yuna rocks!!!! I am so glad that you were in our group!!!