PDA

View Full Version : -CANCELLED- Cosplay Bowling in Boston, MA

Eilonnwy
09-06-2004, 11:35 PM
The event has been canceled, see last post for details

I posted about this in the AB forums on Cosplay.com, but my friend Shoroo said I should post here, so I here I am.

I'm currently trying to organize a cosplay bowling event at Boston Bowl in Dorchester. (A town inside Boston)

If you interested, please continue on to the website:: http://nekodamaen.ms11.net/cosplaybowling.html

Please sign up, if your interested since having this event totally depends on the interest of you guys! So sign up and tell a friend! ^.^\

Shoroo
09-06-2004, 11:39 PM
By posting here you might get better results as this thread is designed for member events *nods*

Eilonnwy
09-06-2004, 11:41 PM
yes...wish I had seen it earlier...I'm so not a regular here..>.>;; I should be though, this forum is awesome.

rei_hino
09-07-2004, 12:43 PM
*claps* yayyyyys!~ Somethin the Good 'ol Beantown! I think Anime Boston isn't enough! Muwahhaa *is obsessed* Of course, it depends on the time. Cosplay.com is a better way to advertise cosplay and con events just because there are tons of cosplayers here, lol but I'm sure you've figured that by now. ^_^
I suck at bowling. . .but who gives a damn! I can cosplay and bowl and get creepy stares!!!!
I'm glad it would be on a saturday, but I'm seriously praying that it's not in the morning lol, I have school from 9-12pm.^^Of course, I could always come afterwards lol

Eilonnwy
09-07-2004, 04:35 PM
Oh hell no! Not in the morning! I'll be recovering from, morning college classes and I sleep to at least 1pm on weekends! XD

Currently we're leaning towards mid november-ish.

And don't worry about bowling!! I'm sucky too, but it's fun to be in a big group and suck together.

So if your definately interested please sign up on the form on the website so I can get a count and start putting this into motions. Thanks. ^.^

Eilonnwy
09-07-2004, 04:36 PM
Also, just a note...depending on how succesful this first bowling even is, I may do this annually. -_^

*Shifty_eyes*
09-10-2004, 06:39 PM
Well this sounds like a great idea. I go to high school and we just started up an anime club. I sent an e-mail about this to my friend and he forwarded it to the 10 or so people we have just from freshmen orientation and a few friends. The actual first meeting for everyone in the school is tuesday. We're expecting about 20+ people. So basically our HS anime club MIGHT be going to the cosplay bowling. I'm not sure about the whole club but from the looks of it so far, maybe about 5 or 10 people (mainly my friends and I.) This is NOT a sign-up, but if we can figure transportaion out (we're only 30 min to an hour away) and if enough people wanna go then we might be bringing about 10 people, maybe even more. So this is still up in the air until anime club actually starts (tuesday) and we talk about this, but from the sounds of it a few people might be going just from my town. (One more thing, it CANNOT be during Oct. 22nd-Nov. 1st because then I'll hate you *Not gonna be here*)

MemoriesofYuna
09-10-2004, 06:51 PM
that would be absolutely hillarious! i would love to get in my summoner yuna costume and show up! get some great pictures. i live in connecticut so im not sure how that's gonna work but depending on the date i just might be able to attend, it is unlikely though because i would need to take a train up there. :( -Aseret Yuna

*Shifty_eyes*
09-10-2004, 08:01 PM
that would be absolutely hillarious! i would love to get in my summoner yuna costume and show up! get some great pictures. i live in connecticut so im not sure how that's gonna work but depending on the date i just might be able to attend, it is unlikely though because i would need to take a train up there. :( -Aseret Yuna

You should go, it'd be so great to see Yuna bowling! And I know there is a bus from Foxwoods to New York that brings you into Chinatown in New York for $10 (it's not very comfortable and they play movies in Chinese but that's okay :bigtu: ) So maybe you could find some really cheap deal like that that goes to Boston.

MemoriesofYuna
09-11-2004, 10:29 AM
You should go, it'd be so great to see Yuna bowling! And I know there is a bus from Foxwoods to New York that brings you into Chinatown in New York for $10 (it's not very comfortable and they play movies in Chinese but that's okay :bigtu: ) So maybe you could find some really cheap deal like that that goes to Boston.

maybe. ik seriously thing that would be hilarious. i would definately want a picture of me and my staff and bowling ball. :) YUNA WOULD WIN TO! EVEN IF YUNA SUCKS AT BOWLING YUNA OWNS YOU ALL! lol -Aseret Yuna

Eilonnwy
09-11-2004, 12:03 PM
Shifty Eyes, that sounds great! The bigger the group the more fun we have. I haven't done anything else in the way of organizing except finding out who wants to go. And currently, my e-mail address is down, so people can still fill out the form, I just won't get it till Yahoo is being nice. *shakes fist at Yahoo* But anyways, don't worry about it being on that date. I'm looking at Mid November to hold this event.

When you do find out who is going and who isn't, please give everyone a link to the mainpage and have them individually signup. It's better to have them individually do it rather than listing them as friends. Thank you. ^.^

*Shifty_eyes*
09-11-2004, 02:04 PM
Okay, that's good. We'll discuss it tuesday and get everyones names and e-mail and send them the link, but first we have to arrange rides.

MemoriesofYuna
09-11-2004, 04:56 PM
The only way i could make it would be if it were about mid day on a saturday near a train station. cause then id have to get home and all complecations. :( i don't think theres a bus going there from here. :(me and my friend sam are gonna go cosplay bowling though. Yuna and paine are hitting the duckpin lanes XD -Aseret Yuna

*Shifty_eyes*
09-11-2004, 05:09 PM
me and my friend sam are gonna go cosplay bowling though. Yuna and paine are hitting the duckpin lanes XD

I have to see a picture of that...

MemoriesofYuna
09-11-2004, 05:12 PM
I have to see a picture of that...

lol were gonna be the only two so everyones gonna be like oh my god..... if we can get kara to go in the lulu costume it will be perfect. XD -Aseret Yuna

*Shifty_eyes*
09-11-2004, 07:14 PM
lol were gonna be the only two so everyones gonna be like oh my god..... if we can get kara to go in the lulu costume it will be perfect. XD -Aseret Yuna

My friend is thinking about being Rikku for AB'05 but I don't think I can get her to go all that way just to go bowling.

Eilonnwy
09-11-2004, 11:14 PM
There's a bus route that goes near Boston Bowl. If you get on the 20 bus from Fields Corner station, it takes you really close to the bowling alley.

Also, FYI...Boston Bowl is a family fun center, so make sure what you where is reasonable. I don't mean to sound like a bitch or anything, but this is my workplace. ^^;; I don't think you guys will act abnoxious or anything, I have full confidence in that area. I just want you to keep in mind that parents will be bringing their young kids there so just make sure the cosplay you pick covers you where it should and is reasonable. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

Also, my e-mails working again! *does a dance*

*Shifty_eyes*
09-11-2004, 11:41 PM
There's a bus route that goes near Boston Bowl. If you get on the 20 bus from Fields Corner station, it takes you really close to the bowling alley.

Also, FYI...Boston Bowl is a family fun center, so make sure what you where is reasonable. I don't mean to sound like a bitch or anything, but this is my workplace. ^^;; I don't think you guys will act abnoxious or anything, I have full confidence in that area. I just want you to keep in mind that parents will be bringing their young kids there so just make sure the cosplay you pick covers you where it should and is reasonable. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

Also, my e-mails working again! *does a dance*

Cool, bus route, that'll helps a lot.

Don't worry, I'll follow that rule, don't wanna get you into trouble.

Yay!!! E-mail!!!!!!

Eilonnwy
09-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Thanks.

And just a note: The 20 bus has two routes "Neponset" and "Adams Street". Both will take you close to Boston Bowl. They more or less go on the same route and circle around to Fields Corner, they just go in different directions. If you take the Adams street 20 get off right by Ashmont st. And Freeport street on Neponset Ave. Walk down freeport, cross Morrissey BLVD and then go under the bridge. Make sure you're on the right. Boston Bowl is right there.

For the Neponset Bus do more or less the same thing. Though sometimes the Neponset bus takes a detour onto Morissey BLVD and goes by Blockbuster, Lamberts and then to Stop and Shop (Which is currently being rebuilt) If it does that get off by the the Stop and Shop that's under construction and then go on ther overpass all the way to the right and you're good to go.

I hope I haven't confused you. ^^;;

If you're up for a long walk you can just get off at Ashmont and then go on Ashmont street, walk all the way to the end, then get on Freeport etc... But that would be at least a 30 minute walk.

I know Shawmut station isn't too too far from Boston Bowl but I don't know where it is or how you would get there.

MemoriesofYuna
09-12-2004, 01:45 PM
Thanks.

And just a note: The 20 bus has two routes "Neponset" and "Adams Street". Both will take you close to Boston Bowl. They more or less go on the same route and circle around to Fields Corner, they just go in different directions. If you take the Adams street 20 get off right by Ashmont st. And Freeport street on Neponset Ave. Walk down freeport, cross Morrissey BLVD and then go under the bridge. Make sure you're on the right. Boston Bowl is right there.

For the Neponset Bus do more or less the same thing. Though sometimes the Neponset bus takes a detour onto Morissey BLVD and goes by Blockbuster, Lamberts and then to Stop and Shop (Which is currently being rebuilt) If it does that get off by the the Stop and Shop that's under construction and then go on ther overpass all the way to the right and you're good to go.

I hope I haven't confused you. ^^;;

If you're up for a long walk you can just get off at Ashmont and then go on Ashmont street, walk all the way to the end, then get on Freeport etc... But that would be at least a 30 minute walk.

I know Shawmut station isn't too too far from Boston Bowl but I don't know where it is or how you would get there.

lol thanks. i don't think i can make it. pitty. oh well im gonna orginize my own ff bowling group out here to go to duckpin and such lol. im gonna bring a camera and add it to the girls just wanna have fun section of my photo gallery. we plan on doiung alot of fun things like that on the same day me and sam. were going mini golfing, go karting, roller blading and heaven knows what else! :) -Aseret Yuna

Eilonnwy
09-12-2004, 01:58 PM
Alright. Sorry ou can't come. ;-;

rei_hino
09-12-2004, 05:34 PM
Yays!!! A yunie!!!
My next costume is Rikku FFX. Muwahhahah I wish I could get it done before then lol. .
Edit: aw im sorry^^ it would have been hilarious lol

sephygoth
09-13-2004, 02:31 PM
I might try to make that too ^^ all that crashing sounds tempting
*Shifty_eyes* ther's the Fung Wa bus chinatown to chinatown
NY<->Boston bus that's great. is comfy too! and yeah it be $20 round trip.
and it's kinda close to south station(train/bus) that has Ashmont T rail (red line) . I've never been that far south, mostly harvard sq/park street

quick linky for map:
http://www.mbta.com/traveling_t/schedules_subway.asp

hope I make it, most likey if it's not on the Nov 7 weekend(prov ball)

Eilonnwy
09-13-2004, 05:14 PM
Yay, more people!

Eilonnwy
09-14-2004, 07:15 PM
Okay, I have a possible date: November 20th at 4pm. What do you all think of that?

Also my e-mail is now eilonnwy@gmail.com

Chewibunny
09-14-2004, 09:58 PM
WEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :heart:
cosplay and bowling! nothing like working on a costume, showing it off (aka being gawked at), then sweating on it ^___^
(from experince: don't wear a kimono and expect it not to fall off while playing DDR ^^;; )

i'm up for it but there is the promblem of transportation, (i'm not allowed on the road X_X.... yet *evil laughter*) and/or knowing when my friend is out of japanese school *starts glaring at Rei* and seeing if my friends can group together and make it ^_^;;

hmm, *thinking really hard*
Eilonnwy, did you dress up as Edward in AB04 or am i thinking of someone else? oh well, i'm a little bit too hyper right now to think clearly @_@

... tis sad ;_; *sniff*

Eilonnwy
09-14-2004, 10:03 PM
I dressed up as Edward. Yep. ^_^

http://cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=42637

I hope you get the transportation thing figure out. ;-;

Chewibunny
09-14-2004, 10:21 PM
I dressed up as Edward. Yep. ^_^

http://cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=42637

I hope you get the transportation thing figure out. ;-;

yes yes yes! i remember you!
i was behind you waiting in the dealership room meeting Wifey for the first time ^_^;; (oh the memories 9_9)
*slaps self* gah! i'm getting off topic @_@

anyways, about the bowling, its $20 dollars to use the bowling alley then extra for food and the use of the arcade right? so how much money do you suggest to be brought? ^^;

sephygoth
09-15-2004, 09:28 PM
yeah, AB2004 was just yum. cosplay bowling might help
our con-craved minds. What ppl going as? I might do Sephy or GGX char
or darkstalkers(in progress)

*Shifty_eyes*
09-16-2004, 04:31 PM
Quick question, is there a T stop near the bowling alley? Also, how many people per lane? Thank you.

sephygoth
09-16-2004, 05:52 PM
it look like you need T/bus combo: red line to Feilds Corner then #20(?)bus

but I'm waiting for our organizer :razz: and/or to see myself (this weekend)
whichever first :square:

*Shifty_eyes*
09-16-2004, 09:41 PM
Also, if the T stop is close enough, just a little more of a walk, we don't care. We're poor High Schoolers, we'd rather save $2.00 or whatever it is by not taking a bus and walking a lot instead...

Eilonnwy
09-17-2004, 01:04 AM
Okay, for the T stop questions, I'm going to write up various MBTA methods on the website with also walking details on how to get to Boston Bowl this weeked. But for a quick answer, Ashmont on the red line is probably the closest to Boston Bowl. I've heard Shawmut is closer, but I've never been to that T station so I can't direct you from Shawmut to BB. (However the 20 bus from Fields Corner takes you even closer)

As for the money question: I want $20 to incorporate bowling AND food. In fact, I've been doing the math and with my discount it might be a little less than 20 to get a lot of bowling in and at least 2 slices of pizze with a small drink. So as of now, I'd say bring at least 20 for bowling AND food. Bring extra if you want to play in the arcade, including DDRing.

Also, I might even play some pool because BostonBowl has 12 pool tables, but keep in mind that would be extra and something I'd do after the bowling and eating and won't be included in the initial estimated price of $20.

Eilonnwy
09-17-2004, 02:38 PM
Since I haven't heard anyone speak negatively about having the day be November 20th, I'm going to officially cement this event into being that day.

Eilonnwy
09-17-2004, 04:25 PM
Whee. I updated the Website. It has more Q&A, the main page is updated, and I also put up the list of people who have signed up. PLEASE sign up if you haven't already. Even just e-mailing me at eilonnwy@gmail.com saying your coming and who you are and who you're cosplaying is good enough.

*Shifty_eyes*
09-18-2004, 12:33 PM
I sent an e-mail with the date and website and stuff to my friend who's in charge of e-mailing everyone and who also talks to the president of the anime club. So, I'm not sure when we'll be talking about it to the club, but hopefully soon. Thanks.

Eilonnwy
09-18-2004, 01:52 PM
Okay. Just when you do, stress the fact that I need people to sign up. Finding out exact numbers is real important.

*Shifty_eyes*
09-18-2004, 08:03 PM
Okay, no problem. I'm gonna see if we can squeeze in talking about it this week, but it looks like we might not.

Sweet~Pea
09-18-2004, 09:30 PM
Since I haven't heard anyone speak negatively about having the day be November 20th, I'm going to officially cement this event into being that day.

Damn, I'm not going to be able to go if it's the 20th. that's the last performance of HONK! at school and I'm costume manager so I have to be there. Darn it... oh well.

Cheers
-Christa :heart:

Eilonnwy
09-18-2004, 10:07 PM
Really? Nooo! I want you to come...hmm...what if it's a week earlier or a week after?

*Shifty_eyes*
09-20-2004, 06:30 PM
Well the week after is Thanksgiving weekend. I'm not sure how many people can come on a weekend like that. I think I can, but I dunno. It doesn't matter, I can probably go either way, but I'm not sure about other people in the anime club here or anything like that. So, do what you think is best...

Eilonnwy
09-21-2004, 11:07 PM
I'll see about changing it to the week before and how well that goes over with people. If it doesn't go over well I'll keep it on the 20th.

sephygoth
09-22-2004, 02:43 PM
actually, ppl will be around before spreading out for Thanksgiving week,
I'd prefer it on the 13th too, but am game for either day really, and it's far enough away for some friends that they wouldn't care either.

Eilonnwy
09-24-2004, 09:20 PM
Hmmm...then I guess I'll change it to the 13th since I've heard no arguments against it and it seems to work better for most.

sephygoth
09-26-2004, 03:00 AM
sound good to me :)

Eilonnwy
09-27-2004, 11:52 PM
Wheeee!

And I also found out that you CAN take the shuttle bus from JFK station to Boston Bowl. ^_^

Eilonnwy
09-29-2004, 02:22 PM
Soooo...here's the deal. I need to find out like now, EXACTLY how many people are going, because if it's only the approx. 10 I have listed then we can just come and go bowl and use my discount and it should come under $20. However, if it's more than that I HAVE to get a group rate, I HAVE to know how many are going, and I HAVE to get payment in advance because I have to put down a downpayment and I am as poor as all hell and I cannot afford to do this if someone skips out on a payment.

So If you haven't signed up...SIGN UP! Or otherwise you won't be considered as going and you might not get to bowl.

Eilonnwy
10-01-2004, 12:02 AM
Okay, here's what I have decided to do. To make everything easier on me, I'm not going to set this up with a group rate. Instead I'm going to use coupons and my discounts and just figure out what we're going to do when we get there. Sooo, whoever wants to play pool can play pool, whoever wants to bowl can do that, and whoever wants to do just DDR can do that. Bring at least $20 and you should be all set. This will make it so I won't have to stress about who's going or not and I don't need to wrangle a downpayment from people. Hope that all works for you...

....sooo...November 13th 4pm. Bring at least $20 if you want to eat, and do stuff other than DDR. If you're coming by MBTA, go to JFK station then take the Shuttle Bus (A white van marked with the Ramada and Comfort in which is free) to Boston Bowl.

That work for everyone?

sephygoth
10-01-2004, 12:03 PM
maybe I speaky for us all ^^ sounds rugged, I'll try for the ddr, but not much good at it and might end up eating floor/platform. free shuttle? no crap?

Eilonnwy
10-01-2004, 10:16 PM
Yeah, the shuttle should be free and there shouldn't be any problems.

And I know it's sounds rugged, but I can't pull together a group because I only have less than a dozen who bothered to sign up, my boss wants an answer within the week and I can't give it to him. But we can still have lots of fun, and I think it may actually be cheaper this way.

Eilonnwy
10-01-2004, 10:17 PM
And I want to add that I've never done anything like this before so I'm feeling my way around trying to figure it out. If I do it again next year it'll problably be more organized.

Eilonnwy
11-04-2004, 12:25 AM
It's coming up in less than 2 weeks! Anyone excited? ^.^;;

Eilonnwy
11-04-2004, 11:34 PM
And due to the sudden death of a close friend and co-worker, the event has been canceled. I may reschedule it for sometime in January, but for now nothing definate. I'm sorry if I've disappointed anyone. If you know somebody who plans on going, please make sure they get this message.

sephygoth
11-07-2004, 03:08 AM
aw too bad, few of us were looking forward to bustin pins
but ya gotta do what is right