PDA

View Full Version : Eurobeat King Presents: Dragon-Con 2004 Pictures

Eurobeat King
09-07-2004, 04:01 AM
Hey everyone! I just got back from Dragon-con in Atlanta, thankful that my return flight wasn't delayed due to the approaching storm. (I hope everyone who drove or flew home got home safely as well!) The con was amazing, and as people have told me, it's NOTHING like I've ever been to, and unlike any of the anime conventions I usually attend. Lots of amazing costumes, some you'll never see (normally) at any other con, and I got a lot of nice pictures as best I could. Check them out here:

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=9814&userid=18

I'll post a lot more starting tomorrow night, so please be patient as I post them. For those new to viewing EBK's pictures, know that I post them in the order that I took them, so I'll start with Friday's pictures and the ones from the big events like the DAWN contest and the Masquerade will go up within the following days. So PLEASE be patient as I do my best to post them, and hope you like the pics as they go up!!

Thanks to everyone who posed for me, and it was great seeing some new members at D-con and familiar faces. See you next con, and until then, enjoy the pics! :skidude2:

NOTE: Please comment here to say hello and also how you're liking the pics before, but please DO NOT post a reply that has a link to your own pics or a link to other dragon-con pics. You can post those here:

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=44101 Thanks!

Also, feel free to use my pics for your c.com gallery or your own website. If you can credit me (in your picture-description or other) for taking the picture, that would be appreciated greatly. :)

Ravien
09-07-2004, 04:25 AM
I would just like to say that EBK is hawt :P *glomps you like a fangirl*

I'm waiting impatiently to see your photos of me and my friends and you better come back next year!

anycynwilldo
09-07-2004, 07:07 AM
Not only is EBK a cutie, he was super nice too! Thanks for chatting with me a bit on Saturday.

Glad to have finally met you and that you enjoyed your first trip into the foray that is DRAGONCON!

Ragresen
09-07-2004, 09:50 AM
EBK Thanks for making it out to DragonCon. I am glad that you did enjoy yourself and hope it may be on your list of cons to make again sometime. I look forward to the pictures as allways.

Schuldig
09-07-2004, 10:19 AM
It was great meeting you, Eurobeat! See you at Yaoi-con!

SuthrnBelleChan
09-07-2004, 02:22 PM
Al, it rocked getting ot see you ^_^ and getting to see you so much as well hehe. I'm so glad you had fun. We didn't run into any real bad weather on my way home a little bit of rain. However i'm moving down to Savannah, GA soon so everyone please pray for me ^_^

Aleathia Burns
09-07-2004, 02:35 PM
Al, it rocked getting ot see you ^_^ and getting to see you so much as well hehe. I'm so glad you had fun. We didn't run into any real bad weather on my way home a little bit of rain. However i'm moving down to Savannah, GA soon so everyone please pray for me ^_^

I'll pray for ya cuz moving is tough so be safe. Ahhh EuroBeat King it was an honor to grace your presence I really enjoyed it cuz you rock :rockon: I hope ya make it to Dragon Con again. :jjacks:

HealerKou
09-07-2004, 03:40 PM
Glad you had fun, Al. ^_^ I got to talk to you a lot more this time than I did at Otakon. You seemed more relaxed! That's a first! ^_~ I hope you post the pic of you wearing my glasses, because that was cute.

BatDemon
09-07-2004, 05:02 PM
hey al, nice to finally meet you. i was in the firestorm costume. i'm gonna post links to your gallery, with credit, on some of the other boards i'm on. being in costume, it's hard to get any photos for yourself. once again, great job.

Duncan
09-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Had a fun time rooming with ya, duder.

HealerKou
09-07-2004, 08:16 PM
Had a fun time rooming with ya, duder.

Oh, no, was there hot Duncan love? I'll bet there was. ^_~

Daitenshi
09-07-2004, 08:27 PM
Oh, no, was there hot Duncan love? I'll bet there was. ^_~

My ass is still bruised, and that's all I'm saying about that. >=D

Duncan
09-07-2004, 08:36 PM
Oh you complained then, but you like it now, eh? I see how it is.

Masami
09-07-2004, 08:57 PM
I can't wait for the pictures EBK ^_^ It was nice getting to talk to you.. and I still say you need to see Sailor Moon Live Action! Just remember my warning.. it's addictive. lol..

I got to meet up with some old online friends AND some new people I'd never thought I'd run into at D*C! This year was just so great.. =) Hope to see a few of you at AWA! Hopefully this time.. I won't be overly-tipsy when getting to chat with Daitenshi, Duncan, etc >D I feel so bad..

Good luck to everyone with the storm.. sadly my school was NOT closed today.. ;-; Although the county I live in was shut down due to power-failures. My boyfriend got out tonight from the airport.. 3 hours after his first departure time. But atleast Atlanta did not get it as bad as others.. Can't wait for the next storm o_O;

Eurobeat King
09-08-2004, 05:47 AM
Ravien: Your StrawberryShortcake group pics are up, and I hope you like those. :) And yesh, EBK shall return to Dragon-con 2004!!

Anycynwilldo: Aww, you're too kind.. Glad I was able to meet you, and got a few pics of your costumes!

Ragresen: Thanks for coming up to me and asking me to take your pic (even though we know each other and I usually find YOU.) Thanks for all your insight and heads-up about events going on during the con and what to be prepared for in terms of cosplayer-gatherings and photography stuff.

Schuldig: Come Yaoicon at the end o' next month, we'll take more photos, including the Yaoi shots we discussed at d-con..

SouthernBC: Thanks for doing the photoshoots, and I hope you like the pics Admin and I took of you.

AlethiaB: Loved your Lulu costume and those Yuna&Lulu plushies (turned from CPKids) were adorable!

HealerKou: I'm glad I went and I'm glad I got to take pics of your costumes: Elektra, Dawn, and Jill. Say hi to Serge for me!

BatDemon: Awesome costume, and thanks for saying hi to me. Hope you like the pics!

Duncan: First time we roomed together, and it was fun! Thank Lionel for that one since you, me, and Daitenshi were his guests that weekend.

Masami: I'll try to watch the SMLAM when I can, but it'll be tough with cons coming up and the aftermath of posting them.. hehe But we'll see.

UPDATE: Allright!! I finished posting all of Day, #1 Friday, and that includes the insanity of costumes & cosplayers that showed up at the Hyatt that night. Sorry I missed the LOTR cosplay contest that was on Friday night, so hopefully Kell or anyone else took pics of those. But please check out my pics and comment on them and/or post your favorite pics that I took here. Up next, we start Day #2 bright n' early with the Dragon-con 2004 Parade pictures, and there were a LOT that I took! Soooo, keep checking my gallery tomorrow night for those and the ones afterwards.. :D

Ravien
09-08-2004, 11:28 AM
Ravien: Your StrawberryShortcake group pics are up, and I hope you like those. :) And yesh, EBK shall return to Dragon-con 2004!!

I haven't seen a bad pic of us yet :) Those are really awesome. Yay we rock. I'm gonna stalk you next year (which is 2005 not 2004 heehee) :P

Eurobeat King
09-08-2004, 11:33 AM
Ravien: Whoops! You're right.. it is D-con 2005 next year.. I posted that sooo late last night after posting a bunch of pics, that I forgot.. hehe :thumbsup:

UPDATE: Started to post the parade pictures before I head off to work. I'll post more tonight. Oh, the order of the pics gets shifted around a lot, so if you want to see the parade pics (or all the pics) in the correct order, just set the "sort by" option to either "image title" or "image filename" and you'll see them in order. :) Will post more tonight..

Ragresen
09-08-2004, 12:12 PM
Ragresen: Thanks for coming up to me and asking me to take your pic (even though we know each other and I usually find YOU.) Thanks for all your insight and heads-up about events going on during the con and what to be prepared for in terms of cosplayer-gatherings and photography stuff.

Normally I do not ask for people to take my picture, but Sometimes I just act like a little Camera Whore. Well I have been going to the con longer than most folks and I am a friend so helping with things was never a problem. Look forward to seeing you next year since it seems you have decided to return. I will definatly see you at Katsucon.

Lafiel
09-08-2004, 12:49 PM
Hey EBK! Its Riki (Aka Lafiel AKA Kasumi girly AKA Eclair AKA Black Cat)

It was Amazing to finally meet you in person!
All these years I have been too shy to approach you. :P
I hope you had a great time at D*C and I hope to meet you there next year!!!
Can't wait to see the pictures! (still haven't checked out the new ones)

Hmm.. I hope I didn't get sloppy 2nds from slapping duncans ass :D
What a butt slut!

Nietsche
09-08-2004, 06:43 PM
There's such an incredible variety of Marvel characters!! Fantastic!!! Ultimate!!! Marvellous!!!
Avengers, Xmen, Fantastic Four, Spiderman, Daredevil..the mind boggles!! I really should pencil this con into my schedule!!!

HealerKou
09-08-2004, 07:17 PM
There's such an incredible variety of Marvel characters!! Fantastic!!! Ultimate!!! Marvellous!!!
Avengers, Xmen, Fantastic Four, Spiderman, Daredevil..the mind boggles!! I really should pencil this con into my schedule!!!

You have no idea...that's only the beginning! This is truly the best con I've ever been to. I can't say enough good things about it. It was the only place I got to costume as Elektra and buy prints of her off the one and only Greg Horn. XD Not to mention getting to meet Ernie Hudson (so nice!), Garrett Wang (lookin' gooooood since the Harry Kim days), and Dean Haglund (the best Lone Gunman!) Anyone that doesn't go to this con should be pummelled with breadsticks.

Aleathia Burns
09-08-2004, 07:18 PM
EurobeatKing you got me blushing thanks. To bad my sister didt find out I made her Cabbage Patch kid Cosplay cuz she would just laugh at me and want it back. Luck for me she does not have internet mwahahahhahahaha!!!!!!!

Hikaruchan
09-08-2004, 07:22 PM
Great pics as always, Al. Glad we will be seeing you again at D*C next year.

Eurobeat King
09-09-2004, 01:05 AM
Lafiel: Thanks for doing the photoshoots! Your Eclair pics will be up soon, so hang in there! I wish I took more Black Cat photos, but it was reallly hectic every night at the Hyatt, so I could only take a few before moving on.. But I'm glad I got what I could. :)

Hikaruchan: Thanks! I'm glad I was able to get a few pics of each of your costume, unless I missed one..

NEW UPDATE: Tiiiirrrred again.. But since the galleries and forums were down for a while today, I had to make up for the lost time, and I did!! :D Posted are the Dawn contest photos, including the on-stage pics. Sorry if some of them are blurry, but the staff requested NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY during the performance, and I had to respect that. (I was also far away, and so I'm still practicing my pics from long-distance and w/o using flash..) The post-contest pics were great, with the contestants walking along the "cat-walk" in front of all those photographers, and then some posed for pics afterwards in the hallway. Afterwards came the Friday-night craziness in the Hyatt lobby, with some amazing and silly costumes, with some surprises(!) hehehe And so I stayed up late, but I finished with ALL of Friday's pictures, with just 1 big day to go!! Tomorrow night you'll see the bunch of photos from the 501st march & photoshoot, and Saturday afternoon cosplayers before the big evening with the masquerade. Not sure if I'll be able to post those before the weekend, but I'll try. Keep checking them out, and keep commenting! Ciao~

Eurobeat King
09-10-2004, 09:39 PM
UPDATE: Allright!! I finished posting up to the end of the masquerade on Sunday night, so you'll see pics of cosplayers on-stage (again, sorry if some of them are blurry, since I was in the back, and they said no flash-photography (aren't i polite?) so I did the best I could.) But the post-masquerade ones where most of the contestants paraded down the line o' photographers came out well, as well as a few outside the civic center before I hiked it back to the Marriott & Hyatt on foot.

UP NEXT: The last batch of pictures will consist of the final-night of craziness and costumes for Dragoncon, and the few pictures I took of cosplayers on Monday. (Includes photoshoots of Christian & Kim as Bullseye & Elektra, and MisatoandPenPen in her Tifa costume.) :) These pictures won't be posted until Sunday or Monday night, after I return from Japan Town Anime Faire. As always I appreciate your patience, and comments on the pics, so my thanks to you as well! :D

Nietsche
09-11-2004, 06:29 AM
You have no idea...that's only the beginning! This is truly the best con I've ever been to. I can't say enough good things about it. It was the only place I got to costume as Elektra and buy prints of her off the one and only Greg Horn. XD Not to mention getting to meet Ernie Hudson (so nice!), Garrett Wang (lookin' gooooood since the Harry Kim days), and Dean Haglund (the best Lone Gunman!) Anyone that doesn't go to this con should be pummelled with breadsticks.

It doesn't take much convincing to get me to a con, but the threat of breadsticks...sure, why not?
I've got a whole year to sort out something...so long as there is a dragon-con next year.

and, Al, A fine job as always!
Spent almost half the night just plodding through the images and sqeeing at all the marvel characters!

kelldar
09-11-2004, 11:56 AM
Thanks for all the pics as always, Al. Man there's so many cool costumes I missed seeing!!

Kentelo
09-11-2004, 12:56 PM
I'm exhausted! I have been monitoring the upload of the DragonCon pics for days now, in many cases I was the first viewer. What an amazing assortment of costumes! They should change the name to PartyCon. These photos truly drive home the point that Cosplay is way bigger than Anime.

Kent

fightstar
09-11-2004, 06:44 PM
EurobeatKing great job. You are to be commended for an excellent job at taking and posting photos of basically the whole con. I myself wasn't able to be there *sob* but, through your pictures I feel as though I was.

Big question. I'm an artist myself with many skills including photography. What kind of camera did you use? If digital what kind of memory cards do you use? How many and what is the memory size? I want to contribute to the cosplay society here and photo is one of those I feel I can really do well.

Thanks,

Eurobeat King
09-13-2004, 03:53 AM
UPDATE: *WHEW!!* Tired and burned from a busy 2-day local convention at Japan Town here in San Francisco, I decided to get those pictures out of the way, and then I'll be back to finishing up the Dragon-con pictures by either tonight (Monday) or tomorrow night fersure. About 200-300 +/- to go and I'll be all done, so again, thanks for being patient as the last batch will go up shortly! :D

fightstar: Thanks for liking the pics! To answer your Q, I use a Canon Powershot S400, which is a chibi-camera that has up to 4MP. My back-up camera is my old S100 (2MP) which I still use (and pose with for pics sometimes :skidude2: ) Since I don't have a lap-top with me, when I fly to cons I usually have to reduce the resolution for pics and wait til I get home before u/l them to my computer, so most of the time the pics are taken at 1.2 MP, smaller if I need to further reduce the size if the cosplayers keep coming out of the woodwork and I have to keep taking pics.. :thumbsup: But for local cons or cons where I can drive my computer tower with me (AX and SDCC) I u/l them at the con, and I can increase the resolution to 2 or 4MP, and then erase them after u/l them. I usually carry 8-9 memory cards, with the sizes ranging from 8mb to 256mb, total about equivalent to 1.5 Gig. But it just depends on how big the con is and how many cosplayers there are that will determine the resolution I set my camera to.

Eurobeat King
09-14-2004, 12:58 AM
(Sorry for the double-post)

YAYYY!!! I've finally finished posting ALL of my Dragon-con 2004 pictures, and you can check them all out here:

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=9814&userid=18

Thanks to everyone who posed for me for pics the 4 days, either for a couple o' shots or for photoshoots. I apologize if I missed your costume, and I know I did miss some good ones, but I'll do my best next year since I NOW know what to do (or not to do) when I return to Dragoncon in 2005. ;)

Please comment on the pics if you wish (be nice, tho), and you may use my pics for your gallery or website, and if you can credit me for taking the pics, that'd be great! :D

I enjoyed Dragon-con a LOT, being totally different than what I'm used to at anime conventions and San Diego Comic Con, and I'll definitely return next year to take lots more pics, so I look forward to seeing everyone who's going in 2005. See you then (or next con!) ciao~ -EBK :skidude2:

Cutest_Sandgirl
09-14-2004, 12:59 PM
Gorgeous pictures EBK! I especially love the ones where people are "throwing" objects at you. Inventive! :bigtu:

I somehow escaped your camera lens... :p ... (I was one of the three Illyria's...the other two made it.) But I won't hunt you down. :untrust: :thumbsup:

You got a beautiful b&w shot of my boyfriend's Predator costume. :love:

Again, great pics!

SuthrnBelleChan
09-15-2004, 02:11 PM
AL i absolutely LOVE to pics you and Kyle took. They're so pretty ^_^ Is it ok if i use them on my website as long as i credit you for them?

Eurobeat King
09-16-2004, 08:32 AM
SBChan: Go right ahead, and thanks for asking! :) I only wish I took more pics of your Waitress-Dawn costume.. next year, meibi. ;)

anycynwilldo
09-16-2004, 09:38 AM
Glad to hear you'll return EBK and maybe next year I'll try and schedule a shoot for something :P

And who knows, maybe I'll run into you at SDCC in 2005 as I'm hoping to make that con for the first time!

Great shots as always!

:)
Cyn

kupwark
12-11-2004, 12:21 AM
Did anyone happen to get a picture of someone who went as puchiko on Sunday?

Eurobeat King
12-11-2004, 12:59 AM
Kupwark: Since this is your first post, I'll help you out, since the "did you take my picture?" thread hasn't been used in a while (if it's still there) Check my gallery, or check the other members' galleries who went to Dragoncon 2004. You can find their links by going to this thread:

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=44101&page=1&pp=15

Hope you find your picture. :)

kupwark
12-11-2004, 03:39 PM
Thanks!^_^

Rave
01-17-2005, 02:39 PM
I was one of the three Hogwarts students you took. The only Ravenclaw amongst the Slytherins. Must say, I didn't look very photogenic that day, but you did a wonderful job :D