PDA

View Full Version : Anime Girls with Red Hair??

spaceneko
09-08-2004, 07:32 PM
Does anyone know any anime/manga characters who have red hair (Besides Lina Inverse and Girl-type Ranma) I was hoping I could do a cosplay with my own hair instead of a wig. :)

yummivix
09-08-2004, 07:54 PM
Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion. . .the girl from Brain Powered.
THere are a few others, but I can't think of them currently.

Shinigami_Mimi
09-08-2004, 08:07 PM
Red hair? X.x Omg. XD Hard. X.x The only characters I think of is Cindy(believe that her name X.x) in Arjuna and Ruby Moon. But when I think red I always think pink. -_-;;

Eleryth
09-08-2004, 08:11 PM
There's lots, although the shades of red vary. There's been several threads asking for the same thing. Two I found include:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=38658&highlight=redhead
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=32867&highlight=redhead

sushified
09-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Umm, Hikaru from Magic Knights Rayearth, maybe? ^^

spaceneko
09-09-2004, 07:17 AM
Thanks so much everyone!! ^__^

Sashi
09-09-2004, 11:02 AM
A-Ko from project A-Ko.
Mink from Dragon Half.
Kei from The Dirty Pair.

Emiko
09-09-2004, 12:17 PM
Ruki (Rika) from Digimon Tamers
Girl whose name escapes me from One Piece (Her hair is really more orange than red - here's a picture (http://www.bowen2.com/amy/cosplay/ax04-sun/ax04-sun-028.jpg) of my friend cosplaying as her)

kawaii_mon
09-10-2004, 06:07 AM
Emi Isuzu from Tenjou Tenge.. she has awesome red hair! i'm hoping to cosplay her next year..

Saaski_Moql
09-10-2004, 07:04 AM
Kyou from Fruits Basket (Furuba) but it's short and he is male so I'm not sure if that's a ood suggestion...Same thing for Gaara of Naruto

Erm, Tayuya from Naruto has red hair, and I think Sailor Jupiter has reddish hair as well.
Also Kenshin (male) from Ruroni Kenshin has long red hair. Same goes for Kurama of YuYuHakusho. Male and long red hair.

Sorry, that's all I can come up with off the top of my head. Good luck with it!

Kirara_101
09-10-2004, 10:04 AM
*sigh* :eeek: so many but yet so few noted, there is ryoko from real bout high school, washu (pink but still) from tenchi, right? and theres, well....... actually people have already said quite a lot already ^_^ hehehehe :bigtu: well, anyways, yup, thats all i can think of.

Shaman Soul
09-10-2004, 10:10 AM
asuka from neon genises evangelion, ever seen it ?

Tentacle_Guy
09-10-2004, 02:02 PM
Pink from Dragon Pink.
The Nurse from Ogenki Clinic..

Sakumo-kun
09-11-2004, 12:44 AM
Aburatsubo, from Mahou Tskukai Tai, has red hair... more or less. More like a sort of russet colour, but... still basically red. ^_^

Hm... Raphael-sama from Tenshi ni Narumon also has russet/red hair... though it's rather short, so perhaps that's not your thing... -__-

Um.... Erutis, from Demon Diary is depicted with red hair, and while her hair is techincally a gradiant red, just red would still be perfect...

Those are all I can think of, offhand... sorry. ^^'

tsukinohime3
09-12-2004, 04:18 PM
then there's the kawaii Chibi Chibi from Sailor Moon Stars!! *^_^* i can't get enough of Chibi Chibi!!!

-Beth

rei_hino
09-12-2004, 05:19 PM
Hikaru from Magic Knights Rayearth, or Hikaru from Angelic Layer^_^ (go CLAMP!!)

Erm, Tayuya from Naruto has red hair, and I think Sailor Jupiter has reddish hair as well.

Maoto's hair is pretty much brown, but chibi-chibi is so friggin adorable and has red hair^_^

There's also Gogjyo from Saiyuki, but his hair is more. . magenta or crimson colored.

Solaria
09-12-2004, 06:31 PM
OK- this is one of those ones that most people wouldn't recognize at a con, but in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, there is an episode where Major Kusanagi goes inside a virtual chat room (I want to say episode 12, but I'm really not sure. . . haven't seen it in a while). Anyways, in the chat room, she has red hair and purple eyes, the opposite of her normal coloring (in that show at least- she looks totally different in the movie).

MemoriesofYuna
09-12-2004, 06:36 PM
Flay from gundam seed..... but i hate her.... Lacus is better XD -Aseret Yuna

Kei-Chan
09-14-2004, 08:30 AM
There's Mizuho from Onegai Teacher.

Tentacle_Guy
09-14-2004, 10:25 AM
Oh! there is that one girl from Chobits who loves the owner of the bakery, who's name I can't remember..

kiwiixai
09-16-2004, 10:34 PM
therez sakura from naruto buh datz more pink than red...
therez anna from shaman king, buh itz lik dark dark red... soo yah

Saiyan Princess
09-16-2004, 10:51 PM
My friend who has natural reddish hair was asking me the same thing yesterday. The once I thought of off the top of my head where Asuka (Eva), Karen (X) and the main girl from Samuri Girl Real Bout High School (sorry I don't know her name haven't had a chance to watch it)

yugifan818
09-17-2004, 09:46 PM
there's yura of the hair (inuyasha) but thatas realy dark red, i think ^_^;

Aquamarinekitty
09-17-2004, 10:25 PM
Oh! there is that one girl from Chobits who loves the owner of the bakery, who's name I can't remember..
I think you are thinking of Yumi but her hair is more brown then red. But all I could think of is Mizuho Kazami and Asuka from Eva. Sorry...

DJCelicaStyle
09-17-2004, 10:31 PM
Orihime, Ichigo, Yuzu, and Masaki of Bleach
Dj Iroha of Beatmania IIDX (videogame)
Machii/Matilda of Shaman King
Kasumi from Dead or Alive has red hair, I think.

Saaski_Moql
09-19-2004, 12:08 PM
Forgot this before, Sakura from Naruto has pink hair. (really, really pink hair)

And...there's that girl from Love Hina whose name I do not know >.<

Mimi from Digimon has reddish-brown hair (..although it changes to pink over the course of teh series). Sora also has kinda-reddish hair.

Also, Ayame from Inuyasha has red hair (only appears in the anime of it) from what I can tell.

I'll try to think of and post more later.

WilwarinAndamar
10-01-2004, 05:28 PM
Does anyone know any anime/manga characters who have red hair (Besides Lina Inverse and Girl-type Ranma) I was hoping I could do a cosplay with my own hair instead of a wig. :)

Off of the top of my head

Female characters:
Yayoi Matsunaga from Nightwalker (the first 5 or so episodes)
Miaka Yuki from Fushigi Yugi
Juri from Revolutionary Girl Utena
Nurse Joy from Pokemon
Charlotte from Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (?)

Male characters:
Gieve/Guibu from Heroic Legends of Arislan
Toboe from Wolf's Rain (although its more brown)
Tasuki from Fushigi Yugi

I'm cosplaying Yayoi Matsunaga, but I'm coloring my hair black (later episodes).

Hideki-san
10-01-2004, 05:36 PM
Ann from Anne of green gables. I enjoyed that!

kojirojames2004
07-27-2005, 01:39 AM
Lest we forget Jessie/Mushashi from Pokemon as well, although it has looked either magenta or as of late burgandy.

Inanna
07-27-2005, 01:53 AM
Well, if you want to play a bad girl, there's also Kaori Night from Sailor Moon. Two other possibilities is Lead Crow from Sailor Moon (also a bad girl) or Lavie from Last Exile (heroine). Their hair is more of what I would consider a muddy red, probably the same color of wet Georgia clay (baseball field dirt), so more of a reddish brown than a true red.

Inanna

Ironekilz
07-27-2005, 07:05 AM
Alot of the ones I would've mentioned have been said already, but what about Grandis from Nadia: Secret of Blue Water? Or Fio or Gina (reddish brown) from Porco Rosso?

HowlnoNyanko
07-27-2005, 01:29 PM
Some ones that weren't mentioned:

Youko from Twelve Kingdoms (Jyuuni Kokki)
Sophie (Howl's Moving Castle, the book version)
Washu (from Tenchi Muyou)
Miki (Marmalade Boy, always looked like she had red hair in the anime...well, to me).

That's all I can think of right, now :)

Mupuppy
07-27-2005, 08:09 PM
Ayame (sp) from Inuyasha. She's cute, has red hair and this way you'll have a reason to act fangirlish to all the pointy earred guys ^^

Michi
07-28-2005, 01:27 PM
o_o;;; People... Red hair is SO varied. The poster mentioned not using a wig, so this would be the more orangey natural red hair right? I wouldn't want to do Jessie from Pokemon with that color, or Chibi Chibi either. ^^;;;

It also depends on length, style, bangs, etc... ;_; Am I the only one that cares about accuracy and detail with these things? *dies*

There was a thread recently about a wig that looked like natural Lina Inverse hair (like the movie version) where, if that's what you're looking for, you could find lots of ideas. =/

Haku-fangirl
08-07-2007, 03:21 PM
kagurazaka asuna from negima?

Tabby Catty
08-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Mars from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
Tayuya from Naruto
Angel Salvia from Wedding Peach

Seraphy
08-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Long Haired (both revealing outfits)
-Yoko from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
-Masane from Witchblade

raptorgrin
08-08-2007, 12:48 PM
you could do Ahiru or Princess Tutu from Princess Tutu:sunburn:

Farren
08-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Wow, i have that problem too cause many anime character's don't have red hair.
Even though it might have been done a lot, you could go as Jessie from Team Rocket and also you could go as Hikaru from Magic knight Rayearth.

Tiara
08-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Princess Kakyuu-Sailor Moon
Alot of the girls from Negima!

As Michi said though your shade of red should be a deciding factor as well.

Pocketfightr
08-09-2007, 04:38 PM
one of the marionettes from Saber Marionette J had red hair, I believe. I can't remember her name for the life of me, but she was the tough one out of the bunch.

-GlacialMai-
08-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Ichigo Momomiya[School version] from tokyo mew mew. Carry around some cat ears and randomly put them on!

kayanimelover
08-11-2007, 06:37 PM
The Only One I can really Think of is orihime-Bleach
My Friend was thinking of doing her Because she also Has really Long Red Hair!! So She would Work

PlasmaFire
08-11-2007, 07:14 PM
One off the top of my head: Masami Shippo from Generator Gawl. She's always getting annoyed at looking after Gawl Kudo and his partners...

wraithfayth
08-11-2007, 07:29 PM
are these dates acurate? if this thread started in 2004 why bother continuing, she could be dead by now. if you're not dead let me know! i had some cute ones (though they be male...)

Raku Shii
08-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Orihime from Bleach has red hair. So does Raito from DeathNote.

I know how hard it is to find red haired Anime characters. I'm a red head myself, I hate wigs and I'm never going to dye my hair so I have to work with what I have already.

crash_override
08-11-2007, 10:56 PM
orihime's hair is more brownish orange.

here's more to the list:
- karin from naruto shippuuden
- shana from shakugan no shana

that's all i got so far.

KaineMaxwell
08-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Don't forget A-Ko.

MajinEtna
08-11-2007, 11:43 PM
one of the marionettes from Saber Marionette J had red hair, I believe. I can't remember her name for the life of me, but she was the tough one out of the bunch.

Bloodberry ^^

(Waaay back in 2004 XD)