PDA

View Full Version : Woo. NY. Uhm.. anyone near?

Tamoko
12-15-2002, 12:28 PM
Hi! Ive never cosplayed or been to a Con. (Mom wants to take me to one when im 18) I have like 1 friends that goes to con's but she lives far away. I really do wanna' go to a con but i need like a group to go with. I dont know how anything works in the groups or at Cons. (i know about alot of Con's thou) but im pretty good with the costumes, sewing and what-not.

Oshi
12-15-2002, 12:52 PM
Not til you're 18?! That sucks... According to your profile... that's not til May 2004? Owch...
Well, in New York City, there's the Big Apple Anime Fest, that usually occurs around the end of August... This year, Shoujocon is in Rye, NY, but it might go back to north Jersey in 2004. That's in the summer. Also there's AnimeNEXT which is in north Jersey, and occurs in the fall (October 2002, November 2003).
There's also Genericon or something that's in Troy NY, in January this coming year... but I dunno much about that one.

Emeralda
12-15-2002, 12:54 PM
Depends on where in New York you are. But there are a couple (thankfully) in New York/New Jersey now.

There's:
Shoujocon: Rye, New York
Yuricon: Newark, New Jersey
AnimeNext: We're still in talks for a hotel. Sorry gang, no Crowne Royal next year.
Big Apple Anime Fest: New York City
umm Genericon (I think that's its name): Troy, New York

-Laura

Emeralda
12-15-2002, 12:54 PM
Ahh! Oshi beat me too it. That's what I get for pausing to let the howling kitty outside. Tehehe.

Tamoko
12-15-2002, 12:57 PM
-^_^- hah.. yeah yeah i know about all of those its just my MOM wants to take me and i can go without her if im with like...2-6 (or more) other people..

i could go in 3 days for all she cared as long as i was with a few people. xD and ide have to do alot of $$ saveing and convincing.. heh

Oshi
12-15-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Emeralda
Yuricon: Newark, New Jersey
AnimeNext: We're still in talks for a hotel. Sorry gang, no Crowne Royal next year. *cough* yeah... reason I didn't mention Yuricon... she's going with her mom... *nod*

No hotel yet for NEXT? How about moving it a lil further south then... ^^;;

Emeralda
12-15-2002, 06:25 PM
Actually we're in negotiations now for a new hotel, I'll let you know where soon as we sign the contract.

-Laura

Sakura
12-15-2002, 09:27 PM
It's my dream to go to Yuricon one day... *_*

Oshi
12-15-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Emeralda
Actually we're in negotiations now for a new hotel, I'll let you know where soon as we sign the contract.

-Laura As long as they have free parking, I'm happy XD

TheAnarCHris
12-16-2002, 08:53 AM
*cough* yeah... reason I didn't mention Yuricon... she's going with her mom... *nod*

Not to mention the fact that it willl probably be packed with sweat fan boys looking for H.L.A.

Anywho, it's a damn shame that AnimeNEXT won't be at the same hotel last year (really easy for me to get to). Why not try to move into Shoujcon's old stompi ground, seeing how it's going to be in NY this year.