PDA

View Full Version : Apologies to Masqurade goers

Evil Dr. Axis
09-11-2004, 03:53 PM
Yeah so just out of curiosity did anyone hear the group of guys, around the front left area, heckling the MC's at the costume contest? That would have been us. I'm not proud of it. I was actually pretty reserved. My friends on the other hand could be heard shouting such things as "Where the (explitive) are the storm troopers?!" and "Do the only thing you're good for honey!" *ahem* My apologies. When your blood alcohol content gets higher than your IQ, bad things happen...bad bad things.

Aleathia Burns
09-11-2004, 07:52 PM
O.k..... I was wondering who was doing all that yelling. Oh and you guys were not alone cuz the other participates could hear more people out in the audience as well so don't sweat it.

podo_saisana
09-11-2004, 08:46 PM
Actually, you weren't the only ones. I was with the 501st southern outpost this year in the audience, and we were pretty roudy ourselves. Apparenlty we were much worse last year (but I wasn't with them then), and felt the urge, since the "bouncers" were Storm Troopers, to sing the imperial march theme when they got bored with a skit, hoping the troops would come out and excort the skit off. Actually I don't think we seemed that bad this year, but we were in the back and pretty much amusing ourselves more then anything else. Sorry about that.

Evil Dr. Axis
09-12-2004, 06:50 PM
In retrospect it was pretty funny. At the time I was worried I was going to suffer the wrath of Dr. Who. Although it was pretty funny when the witch hunter people were on and I yelled "How do you know she's a witch?!" and Dr. Who chimed in "She looks like one." That guy doesn't miss a beat. LOL

podo_saisana
09-13-2004, 03:50 AM
Yeah, he was great! Much better then whats her face, the co-host. I was just thrilled in general that he was hosting... although I was thrilled to see a Duck Dodgers cartoon while the judges were deliberating, so I'm easily amused.

Eurobeat King
09-13-2004, 04:09 AM
I didn't mind it that much, since I'm used to hearing hecklers at other big comic-book/sci-fi cons like SDCC. I think the only time I was annoyed was when the Harry Potter-duo was on, they made their own HP-version of Sir Mix A Lot's "I Like Big Butts" song, and it was interesting to hear them make their own version, changing the lyrics to that of jokes on HP. I wanted to listen to the words, but the group of hecklers behind our group started singing out loud the REAL lyrics to the song, and that was really annoying to everyone around.. They quieted down shortly, but still that annoyance prevented a lot of people from listening closely to the Harry Potter rap lyrics, which was a key-part to their skit..

podo_saisana
09-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Yeah, that pissed me off too. Especially since a few of the guys in my group were doing it. I really wanted to hear the song, but luckily they were selling their cd's at the con and also a great recording was played a couple times on the "DragonconTV" out in the lobby and hotel rooms. But it was nothing but love for the skit and song, i'm sure. We all loved that one.

YunaheartsVivi
09-15-2004, 08:41 PM
Ok I'm sorry but she deserved it. The woman was an idiot. I can understand not being able to say random character names right but not being able to say summoner? Or knowing what a storm trooper is?? Come on lady.

podo_saisana
09-15-2004, 09:09 PM
Perhaps her mis-pronounciations wouldn't have been so bad if she hadn't have made fun of them and stumble over them so badly, or "complaining" when she had to read a long intro for skits. Uhg. Better luck with the hosts next year, hopefully. And yeah, the storm trooper thing was really really bad!

Carmila
09-15-2004, 09:24 PM
That is why you do like me and watch it on the hotel's close circuit TV the next day. No heckling!

Aleathia Burns
09-16-2004, 02:20 PM
Ok I'm sorry but she deserved it. The woman was an idiot. I can understand not being able to say random character names right but not being able to say summoner? Or knowing what a storm trooper is?? Come on lady.
:rockon: Thank You for noticing that haha Justice!!! I am not too mad at her for mispronoucing cuz I was hella nervous on stage, but I was just thankful at the fact that she was able to continue to some-what read the rest of my skit. I confess I did enjoy those two annoucers cuz George totaly messed mine up last year when I entered as Summoner Yuna saying that "Yuna can't write". Well I wished I showed him mwahahahhaahha. Anyway I like Dr. Who better cuz he rocks. :cool: But it shows that the emceeing is getting a little better so maybe next year it will turn out good as it did before. :jjacks:

SuthrnBelleChan
09-20-2004, 10:08 PM
That is why you do like me and watch it on the hotel's close circuit TV the next day. No heckling!

We acctually did that and did our heckling in private, which is better becasue no one gets offended and you don't disturb the crowd

Daitenshi
09-21-2004, 12:21 AM
As I waited backstage I prayed that when my turn came up it would be Dr. Who to read my introduction. ^^; Thankfully that's how it turned out~ I simply couldn't imagine that woman setting the right mood!

Kaijugal
09-23-2004, 09:09 PM
I don't appriciate heckling. I love comedy, but stepping on the presentations of other costumers is rude, period.