PDA

View Full Version : InuYasha Otakon 2005

Storm Akima
09-12-2004, 02:55 AM
Hey! This is a fairly easy discussion LOL... who is cosplaying as InuYasha characters next year? I'm actually constructing a demon-dog Sesshoumaru where I can walk around on all fours... I don't know how successful I'll be since I never did this before... but the head is coming out rather well so far.
:bigtu:

Anele
09-12-2004, 03:05 AM
I would suggest posting this in the Otakon forum instead of the General Anime/Manga Costume forum since this sounds to me like it's more towards gathering cosplayers than a specific costume thread. ^_^ Hope the costume goes well, and I hope you find who you're looking for!

Storm Akima
09-12-2004, 03:17 AM
Thanks for the pointer. I'm new to forums... but I guess you figured that out... LOL.

Wind Archer
09-12-2004, 11:20 AM
Well, I'm not going to Otakon next year(distance is too far for me :(), but I am making an Inuyasha costume. I'm planning to be Kikyo, yes, I know a lot of people dislike her, but oh well. ^^;

InuPhoenix
09-12-2004, 11:26 AM
::does the jaken jump!:: lol next year im definately doing IY lol ^_^* im being kikyo ::Waves to wind archer:: (dead) and my frined alexa who's going is going to be kikyo too (alive) lol we're having signs saying before and after and on the back of mine its going to say 'go to hell' and hers is 'your not worth the arrows' lol but yesh im going lolim also being sango (worn it this year) for a masq we're doing lol ^___^ also im like you sess dog demon form idea ive never seen it done! ^_^

MemoriesofYuna
09-12-2004, 01:56 PM
i was planning kagome but it got replaced with my yuna wedding dress. sorry. i have betrayed inu yasha for final fantasy. -Aseret Yuna the BETRAYER

Storm Akima
09-12-2004, 04:48 PM
Very cool guys! Yeah, Otakon is kinda out of the way and pricey to go to... especially for transportation, a hotel room, and registration all together. LOL, the Kikyo signs sound very funny. I wish everyone luck with there costumes!

Sakumo-kun
09-12-2004, 05:20 PM
Oh... damn. I wish I could go to Otakon, now. >__< I'm a Jakotsu cosplayer, but I wouldn't mind walking around with a bunch of Kagome and Kikyo... so long as they'd be willing to share Inuyasha, that is. ^_~

Storm Akima
09-12-2004, 05:42 PM
LOL, that sounds like fun. Jakostu and Inuyasha forever!

InuPhoenix
09-13-2004, 02:38 PM
gomen ne Kag/Inu and Mir/san for me lol also i would like to make duo note that the sign dea is copyrighted for otakon!!! lol please dont steal our idea!!! hmmm ::smile::

Storm Akima
09-13-2004, 02:48 PM
gomen ne Kag/Inu and Mir/san for me lol also i would like to make duo note that the sign dea is copyrighted for otakon!!! lol please dont steal our idea!!! hmmm ::smile::
LOL, don't worry... I wasn't going to steal your idea :) . I just thought it was funny.

InuPhoenix
09-13-2004, 03:11 PM
lol i kno i kno ^_^ so would this be considered a group or a small get together group thingie?

Rameana
09-13-2004, 03:14 PM
I know I will be playing an InuYasha character at the next few Cons I go to. And If which is a kinda *HOPE* Otakon, I'll be able to come as Kouga.

Bahzi
09-13-2004, 03:15 PM
I'm sure no one's going to steal your idea, but nothing that has characters you don't own can be copyrighted...Rumiko Takahashi owns them so technically anyone can do whatever they like with the characters so it's generally best not to say much about skits you're going to do for future reference. I have heard claims of someone doing a skit with the same premise before the original group got to do it. But of course, judges/cosplay coordinators aren't going to read forums to determine who thought up what.

InuPhoenix
09-13-2004, 03:16 PM
no im not copyrighting the characters, just the idea ^_^* lmao sry if i confuzzled anyone

Storm Akima
09-13-2004, 03:34 PM
It would be cool to have a get together... I know everyone cosplaying InuYasha will meet up eventually anyway, since the last two Otakon conventions I've been to, we've always met near the fountain Friday evening. But just to say, it would be nice to meet up and see everyones costumes. Besides the Demon dog Sesshoumaru cosplay I'm making, my friends and I are going to cosplay the InuYasha characters we were at Otakon 04.. but tweak them up a little bit (pics of us are in my photo gallery :) ). This year was my friend Jessica's first time at Otakon, and she never cosplayed before... but now that she's experienced it... She's going to work on her Sango outfit, and make the padding pink instead of red and fix the ribbons.. she also has to get knee pads... Anyway, she's excited about next year and so are we :) .

InuPhoenix
09-13-2004, 06:55 PM
same here otakon was great :sigh:: actually i think i may have seen you there, you were inuyasha right? lol

Wind Archer
09-13-2004, 07:03 PM
You know, an Inuyasha character I'd like to see at a con would be Ayame, or dark miko Tsubaki. I don't think lots of people have ever cosplayed them before.

InuPhoenix
09-13-2004, 09:04 PM
ur right! i would love to see ayame but tsubaki eh she was really annoying but it would be cool to see her also the red and white preistesses would be awesome too

Rameana
09-13-2004, 09:09 PM
Ive been seeing more and more Ayames at Cons now. Though I only saw one in person. Ive seen pics of about 3 others. I guess that's not much but I think her character is becoming popular now... and I think will be more popular than Kouga once the ep airs in the USA.

I but like Ayame cosplayers. I guess I should have cosplayed her instead of Kouga, but oh well. I like my Kouga, but it would as be nice to hang out with an Ayame cosplayer, two wolf demons..that's kinda rare. ^_^

Storm Akima
09-13-2004, 09:40 PM
same here otakon was great :sigh:: actually i think i may have seen you there, you were inuyasha right? lol
Yeah, I cosplayed InuYasha with the gigantic blotchy silver sword, LOL. Who did you cosplay as at Otakon? Things were so crazy at the con, I was trying to keep my group together... but we kept getting seperated so I was kinda distracted, which kinda stunk cause I wanted to talk with the other InuYasha cosplayers near the fountain. The only time I was able REALLY speak with another group (a good InuYasha group) was during lunch near Otakon's little cafe... that and during the Fruits Basket shoot (I got to talk to a lot of Ayames yah! Fruits Basket Ayame though, not InuYasha Ayame).
I did see two Ayames (from InuYasha) at Otakon 04... so who knows how popular this character will get. I was very excited to see this cosplay because I didn't think anyone would go as her.

InuPhoenix
09-14-2004, 03:41 PM
i was sango with the big foam boomerang strapped to her back, i have a couple of pics of my costume in my site, if you went to the masquerade, i was the sango that won thrid place in the youth division of the cotume contest (why did the cut-off have to be thirteen?!)

Storm Akima
09-15-2004, 08:34 AM
i was sango with the big foam boomerang strapped to her back, i have a couple of pics of my costume in my site, if you went to the masquerade, i was the sango that won thrid place in the youth division of the cotume contest (why did the cut-off have to be thirteen?!)
I didn't go to the masquerade... but I'm pretty sure I've seen you at Otakon. I really like your costume and weapon, they came out rather nicely. :bigtu:

InuPhoenix
09-15-2004, 03:26 PM
thankies! lol i was alos with two other inuyasha's and a girl who made an original character and was the 21st century decendent of miroku and sango, she and one of the inuyasha's kept stealing hiraikotsu and kirara 0_0 lol but again thanks ^____^

+Belial+
09-15-2004, 03:44 PM
Inu is that super ^__cute__^
but..I dont think im good enough to cos him +__________+

ah lala....

but I do love him )()()()

InuPhoenix
09-16-2004, 11:30 AM
you should if you want too ^_^

Wind Archer
09-16-2004, 07:20 PM
Aww, Belial, I'm sure that you can cosplay him, you can do anything as long as you put your will and mind into it.

Osuwari
09-17-2004, 12:00 AM
Yeah I'lll sooo tottaly be there ^-^ IY rules man....but yeah I was Kouga this past year. Omg I remember u storm akima :) I rembember I seen u the last past 2 Otakon's ^-^ But yeah I can't wait till next year and we do another IY gathering. It was fun taking pictues of everyone. I should of took more IY pictures and every thing. Omg what about the little baby Inuyasha this year? That was soooo cute!! Yeah I had to take a picture of that.

InuPhoenix
09-19-2004, 05:44 PM
i heard about it and saw a pic he was soooooooo CUTE!!!!!! lol he should have been entered in saturdays costume contest ^_^ he would have sooo won!

Storm Akima
09-20-2004, 01:07 PM
Yeah I'lll sooo tottaly be there ^-^ IY rules man....but yeah I was Kouga this past year. Omg I remember u storm akima :) I rembember I seen u the last past 2 Otakon's ^-^ But yeah I can't wait till next year and we do another IY gathering. It was fun taking pictues of everyone. I should of took more IY pictures and every thing. Omg what about the little baby Inuyasha this year? That was soooo cute!! Yeah I had to take a picture of that.
Yeah, that was a fun time, wasn't it? It's cool to have a big group come together and see what other costume ideas people came up with. That's cool that you saw me at Otakon! I see on your avatar that you were Inuyasha, did you cosplay as Kagura and Kagome as well?? If so, I think I saw you too :) ! I'm hopefully taking a video camera next year... I wanted to record all the stupid skits my friends and I did in the hall near the dealers room. LOL. That little baby InuYasha was very cute too... my friend, cosplaying Sango, couldn't help but "Awwww!" really loudly at the photo shoot. LOL, she was trying to act serious, getting into a 'Sango action pose'... but the baby was so cute, she couldn't help but melt. :love:

LaPetiteSalope
09-20-2004, 02:04 PM
I'm kinda confused why you guys are planning so early but...yeah I'll be there ...again as Kagome ^_^. I'm hoping to cosplay in the masquerade! I have the best ideas!

InuPhoenix
09-20-2004, 02:47 PM
ooo really ? because me and a friend are going to be doing a IY masq if you kno NFG's all down hill from here its the perfect inuyasha -kikyo song but we need a kagome ^___^

Storm Akima
09-23-2004, 02:16 PM
I really want to go to the masquerade next year... I'll make my friends go too :)

InuPhoenix
09-23-2004, 04:11 PM
lol you should! even if your not in it its amazing to watch!!!

InuPhoenix
09-26-2004, 11:20 AM
hee hee :love: :rockon: :square: :dance:

LaPetiteSalope
09-26-2004, 03:29 PM
ooo really ? because me and a friend are going to be doing a IY masq if you kno NFG's all down hill from here its the perfect inuyasha -kikyo song but we need a kagome ^___^

Oh oh! *rasies and waves her hand franticly in the air* I'll be glad to cosplay her if that would be fine with you ^_^. I have the funniest skit ideas so PM me.

InuPhoenix
09-27-2004, 03:12 PM
hee hee no prob we need one desperately ^_^*

Osuwari
09-27-2004, 06:23 PM
Yeah storm I was Kagome at 2003 but then IY and Kouga at Otakon. ^-^ Yeah man next year is a long way off :(

InuPhoenix
09-28-2004, 04:53 PM
yes but ist it fun jsut to start p-lanning? me and my sis are booking our hotels in like jan so we get the hotel right across the street!

Storm Akima
09-28-2004, 11:38 PM
Yeah, I'm anxious to book a hotel room. LOL. I know it's so far off, but it's so much fun to plan! There is so much more I want to do at Otakon next year. Yay!

Storm Akima
09-28-2004, 11:40 PM
Yeah storm I was Kagome at 2003 but then IY and Kouga at Otakon. ^-^ Yeah man next year is a long way off :(
Cool, I'm sure I saw you then. :) I don't remember seeing you as Kouga though... maybe next year. LOL.

InuPhoenix
09-29-2004, 03:04 PM
hee hee po though otakon site hasnt updated in a while ::sniff: oh wellz waht can i say ^_^***

InuPhoenix
09-30-2004, 11:07 PM
doo doo da doo ::hums rin song::

InuPhoenix
10-05-2004, 04:50 PM
i thought i almsot lost the thread ::Sniffles::

Storm Akima
10-06-2004, 01:34 AM
hmm... this thread does seem a bit quiet now, doesn't it? Hmm... Well, just to post a reply... uh, my Sesshoumaru costume is coming out okay... the body is in pieces (mainly wire skeleton, Ahh! LOL). Hope the body turns out okay... I was kinda hoping to be him for Halloween and show up to my college's halloween party. Haha, my roommate said she would really get into dancing with me on the dance floor if I was a big dog. LOL, I would definately need to take pictures of that if it happens.

InuPhoenix
10-07-2004, 03:52 PM
hee hee i have to see that

Hikaruchan
10-07-2004, 10:47 PM
If I am not able to costume Inu-Papa next year if no one with me to help get costume on, I will try to have Izayoi done so still hopefully will be there.

InuPhoenix
10-09-2004, 12:13 AM
ill help ! ^__^ trust me i know how you feel, at otakon last year i was soo anxious about my hem for my wrap around and it took me 45 minutes for me to get dressed in it and satisfied 0_0

shinitama
12-14-2004, 10:04 PM
If I end up going, I'm most likely going to go as Jakotsu. X)

InuPhoenix
12-15-2004, 05:17 PM
hee hee jakotsu, for awhile i thought that he was a guy 0o* lol

Kagome9
12-15-2004, 07:01 PM
I'm going to Otakon 05 as Sango. My little brother is going with me as Kohaku (Both in Demon Slayer attire)

=)

Yueyume
12-15-2004, 07:10 PM
hee hee jakotsu, for awhile i thought that he was a guy 0o* lol

He is a guy XD They refer to each other as brothers in the shichinintai...

InuPhoenix
12-15-2004, 10:42 PM
ack i meant to say girl ^^* not guy --*

Storm Akima
12-16-2004, 03:32 PM
ack i meant to say girl ^^* not guy --*
Ha ha, even though you wrote 'guy' by accident, I misread it as girl since I knew what you meant. :thumbsup:
:::clears throat:::
Anyway, just wanted to drop a line. Haven't been able to go to the forums too much with finals :chatah: .
Kagome9, it'll be cool to see you as Sango and your brother as Kohaku! We scared away a Kohaku at Otakon last year... because my friend was Sango and she made a dramatic entrance when she saw him. LOL, he was kind of shy and backed off... but I thought it was hilarious.

Rameana
12-16-2004, 04:38 PM
Hello,
I'm gonna try to make Otakcon 2005. I plan on coming. So I'll bring my Kouga outfit and maybe one other priestess (Botan) outfit if I finish it before then.

R1KKu
12-16-2004, 05:01 PM
I too will try to make it out there. Not really sure, I wouldnt want to drive. If I do get out there, I should have a whole slew of costumes XD

InuPhoenix
12-17-2004, 02:51 PM
hi rameana!! ::wave::

oh guess what? Scott McNeil (who plays kouga) is going to be there!!!!

(still waiting for Richard Cox)

Rameana
12-17-2004, 06:48 PM
hi rameana!! ::wave::

oh guess what? Scott McNeil (who plays kouga) is going to be there!!!!

(still waiting for Richard Cox)

Hello InuPhoenix!! ^_^
Cool. I'm gonna be chasing Scott down at Ohayo. Yea alot of people are waiting for Richard. What was the last con he went to? Because I remember he was supposed to come a con I was going to and then he canceled and I have not seen him since.

InuPhoenix
12-18-2004, 04:34 PM
oh that royally sux lol

:jjacks:

Storm Akima
12-20-2004, 09:21 PM
Things are so hectic now... I mentioned in a similar thread that hotels are booking up fast for Otakon 05, so better reserve sooner than later. I called a few hotels and they're pretty muched booked, except the expensive ones. The Wyndam is the cheapest/closest one I could find. Just wanted to note... I know this was kind of random... but that's me! Also, Rameana, I saw your Kouga costume and it was very good :)

Storm Akima
12-20-2004, 09:30 PM
Also, it will be very exciting to see Scott McNeil! I'll definately be waiting in line for him... last year, I waited in line for Chris Sabat (voice of Ayame from Fruits Basket) and asked him to sign something, as well as take a picture with him, AND have him call my brother's cell and leave a message. That was histerical.... but I bet a lot of fans wanted to kill me since I was asking so much of him O.o; Anywho, can't wait!
Oh Watermelon, if your asking about my icon... my roommate made it one night as an inside joke thing. It's Legolas as Sesshoumaru! Photoshop does wonders :) ...if you're talking about InuPhoenx's, that one is very cute! Love the twitchy ears :thumbsup: !

InuPhoenix
12-20-2004, 10:32 PM
^_^ hee hee thats why i chose it ::tweaks the ears::

yea i heard, though me and me sis know of this secret hotel not to far away fromt eh con we could always bunk in if worse comes to worse -_-* though i reallyw ant a room close to the con lol

evenstar1
12-20-2004, 10:59 PM
i still might need a room for this con, but i don't know yet.

InuPhoenix
12-21-2004, 04:29 PM
ill get the name of the emergency hotel from my mum and send it to ya evenstar1 if u r going, same with the other pplz who still need a room

Storm Akima
01-24-2005, 04:11 AM
Man, haven't seen this thread so far down the line before... LOL, not that it matters anyway since there's a similar thread under 'Otakon'. Anyway, how are everyone's costumes coming along? Any new creative ways to make weapons? I want to redo my Tetsuiaga... but I don't know if I will actually have time... hmm... it was too heavy last year :waaaah:

InuPhoenix
01-24-2005, 02:46 PM
look for the tetsusaiga tutorial ver. 2.0 i think melchoir made it, very awesome ! me goshers that was the basis for my hiraikotus instructtions and it was very through lol ^^ foam insulation works wonders lol.

and for an update, i finished the costume-costume part of my kikyo costume, and i finally bought a bow that i really like and comes with a quivver and 6 arrows hee hee, ill post pics a.s.a.p.! ^^