PDA

View Full Version : The GENIS SAGE THREAD. OH YEAH! (Tales of Symphonia)

inSaniTy
09-12-2004, 08:40 PM
Hooray for Genis. XD Mr. Smartie pants...

ANYWHO. Is Genis wearing overalls, or WHAT? I haven't figured that out. My eyes hurt from squinting and staring at the picture X__x;

Resuka
09-13-2004, 11:25 AM
Is Genis wearing overalls, or WHAT? I haven't figured that out. My eyes hurt from squinting and staring at the picture X__x;

*pulls out her artbook, which she has been utilizing altogether too much the last few weeks!*

Actually, Genis is wearing shorts with a very high waistband- it goes all the way up to his ribcage! It also seems that he is wearing a black bodysuit with white trim under it, although for ease of construction and wearability you could easily get away with making it a two-piece.

I'd really recommend getting the artbook before making the costume- Kosuke Fujishima did very detailed renderings of all the elements of each costume- it's a great resource.

Eriol
09-13-2004, 11:46 AM
You'll want the Japanese artbook. It has more drawing sketches than the one you get when you pre-order the game. The Japanese artbook is where you see how high his shorts go up.

I wouldn't even call those shorts anymore. It reminds me of those "Huck Finn" denim-type outfits. (don't recall the name for that kind of clothing)

inSaniTy
09-13-2004, 03:10 PM
Ah, thanks. Are the artbooks readily available in stores here in the US? Or would I need to order one online?

Eriol
09-14-2004, 10:58 AM
Ah, thanks. Are the artbooks readily available in stores here in the US? Or would I need to order one online?

For the most part, you need to order online. I purchased the last artbook at a local Asahiya Bookstore. Animecastle.com was selling it, but I think they ran out. You would have to give them a call.

The book is about 80 pages and is about $25, so it's not an expensive artbook, but it's absolutely vital if you want to do cosplay from the game.